• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swag Halloween Mafia --- swag NEVER ends

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That's what I was saying you dense mother****er. My priority day1 was nowhere, really. Day2 it was you. Day3 it was Joker. Never Gheb. Hence the following:
"I am concerned about him but he's not a priority." Is that strange coming from the guy who's been saying he was focused on getting Joker from post 1 [of day3] onwards? If anything, it would be weird for me to go "oh right, let's forget all about Joker and focus on Gheb right now, based on a case which I mostly thought was weak!".
I misread it, my bad.

:186:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1. joey's stance on me is in direct contradiction to gheb/ruy and his actions supplement this->why would one scum completely contradict his mates and not help them if they were working in unison?
Also where does this assumption that they are working in unison comes from? You never played scum and decided not to communicate? I know I have. I know Gheb has. I know Ruy was probably AFK and didn't talk at all.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
3. when i had a case on a legit scummer with something to finally hang him on, you were quick to shoot it down->weird stance on gheb in general ("i think he's scummy but he's not a priority yet despite seeing all this scummy actions from him for reasons")->out of place reaction to my case->scummier over null
"I was quick to shoot it down", *****, ofc I was quick, I was in the thread and gave my honest opinion. I shot it down on some fronts, but supported it on others. Him not being a priority I explained. Nothing is left of your scum read on me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's also showing that you didn't even bother looking at my slot outside of that interaction. No comments on the most active slot in the game outside of one incident that lines up with my play? Nothing about the posts where I'm trying to figure things out? The fact that I actually got a bingo on a scum on day2 and switched to Ruy knowing I could get a better read on you, while I could've pushed it through as the main driving force behind the wagon? Nothing at all?

Legit mad you even signed up for this mafia game at this point.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also where does this assumption that they are working in unison comes from? You never played scum and decided not to communicate? I know I have. I know Gheb has. I know Ruy was probably AFK and didn't talk at all.
i literally didn't communicate with my partner this game because he wasn't here for 99% of it, this is a sloppy argument. while it is an assumption on my part, it is not an uneducated one--gheb, despite constantly bussing his mates throughout tranquility, was talking to them the whole time. just because he didn't talk in thread to ruy doesn't change the fact that they were both working towards a singular goal in thread. why would their scummate joey see this and then deliberately counteract it to the point of practically complete opposition?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I legitimately don't know what their singular goal was, but am I a better fit then? I don't remember supporting anything Ruy did and iirc, was the first to make a clear stance on lynching Ruy day1, though switched to Gorf later. And if that Ruy call was to distance, then why couldn't Joey's actions have been to distance?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i literally didn't communicate with my partner this game because he wasn't here for 99% of it, this is a sloppy argument. while it is an assumption on my part, it is not an uneducated one--gheb, despite constantly bussing his mates throughout tranquility, was talking to them the whole time. just because he didn't talk in thread to ruy doesn't change the fact that they were both working towards a singular goal in thread. why would their scummate joey see this and then deliberately counteract it to the point of practically complete opposition?
Also in case you didn't realize, that "did you ever decide to not communicate" wasn't referring to this game. I'm saying, we don't know if they were actually communicating. 'sall.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's also showing that you didn't even bother looking at my slot outside of that interaction. No comments on the most active slot in the game outside of one incident that lines up with my play? Nothing about the posts where I'm trying to figure things out? The fact that I actually got a bingo on a scum on day2 and switched to Ruy knowing I could get a better read on you, while I could've pushed it through as the main driving force behind the wagon? Nothing at all?
except i did. i am talking purely why i scumread you in the event that joker somehow flips town. that is the point of this: explaining why i want to shoot you in the event that the scummiest member of this game somehow flips town. you are doing an incredibly poor job of convincing me that you are not scum because you are not:

a) convincing me why it should be the other guy, because that's what i really want to see
b) successfully pointing out why you are not scummy for the actions that i find suspicious

nothing you have said or done has been thoroughly convincing. you insinuate that because i have not read part of d2 (remember i reread all of d1 just before deadline and have been here since the end of d2) that i do not know what happened in this thread and then use that to weaken my arguments rather than simply breaking them down. this argument started because you were vying to have orbo shot over yourself in the first place (something scummy in my eyes but something a townie could do as well). i asked for more proof than your word because i scumread you and have since d3 and saw you doing the same exact **** gheb was attempting to do. instead of saying "oh ok im a dumbass and need to follow everything everyone else says", i disagreed and asked for more. instead of getting tangible evidence as to why orbo should be shot, i got bitter remarks to do the work myself.

so, yes, i can see why you could be town. you spearheaded the lynch on me with actual legit concerns about my play and you were the key vote that got the ruy lynch to happen. why you did that when you could've remained stubborn isn't exactly strong to me (the only legit argument i have is that you realized that with so many inactives and kantrip, joey, and myself refusing to vote for me a lynch may not have been feasible in the amount of time before deadline and so you took the lynch presented to you but that's not very sturdy), not as much as you being town and looking at other angles. i'm not stupid. this is just me looking at the follow-ups to the possibility of joker being town--the most likely one after him being you.

Legit mad you even signed up for this mafia game at this point.
get over it you big baby.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also in case you didn't realize, that "did you ever decide to not communicate" wasn't referring to this game. I'm saying, we don't know if they were actually communicating. 'sall.
hence why i pointed out it was an assumption but an educated one based on gheb's personal history as mafia.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I legitimately don't know what their singular goal was, but am I a better fit then? I don't remember supporting anything Ruy did and iirc, was the first to make a clear stance on lynching Ruy day1, though switched to Gorf later. And if that Ruy call was to distance, then why couldn't Joey's actions have been to distance?
moreso over orbo because he has no connections to them whatsoever to my memory (hint: this is something you can prove me wrong on and help me see your side more) and definitely not joey or ashemu.

as for your point on joey, it's because he has remained consistent in his stance on me even when facing alternatives. gheb was also distancing from ruy by pushing him at the start of d2 but when push came to shove he tried to stall out and see if my lynch would still happen before resigning to defeat and voting him.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
except i did. i am talking purely why i scumread you in the event that joker somehow flips town. that is the point of this: explaining why i want to shoot you in the event that the scummiest member of this game somehow flips town. you are doing an incredibly poor job of convincing me that you are not scum because you are not:

a) convincing me why it should be the other guy, because that's what i really want to see
b) successfully pointing out why you are not scummy for the actions that i find suspicious
Are you even reading my posts? jesus christ. Here:

Except you do not. After you shoot Orboknown, Joey and Ashemu will simply lynch me. The only reason I'm still arguing this is because I'm hoping you're better than this and hoping that this is a giant misunderstanding on your part.
------------

i asked for more proof than your word because i scumread you and have since d3 and saw you doing the same exact **** gheb was attempting to do. instead of saying "oh ok im a ******* and need to follow everything everyone else says", i disagreed and asked for more. instead of getting tangible evidence as to why orbo should be shot, i got bitter remarks to do the work myself.
Where does your scumread on me even come from still at this point? Still the Gheb fiasco which I've explained like 3 times now? Or is it that stupid **** you tried to push before you claimed scum? Because I legitimately thought you claimed scum because you realized I was gonna call you on your bull**** have you continued on lmao. That argument was booty but we can get into that again if you care.

moreso over orbo because he has no connections to them whatsoever to my memory (hint: this is something you can prove me wrong on and help me see your side more) and definitely not joey or ashemu.
Except I can't because Chaco didn't post once and Orboknown couldn't communicate with Ruy and didn't communicate with anyone in thread really, ever. Orboknown has connections to nobody except me and that one is there because I am the one who forced it there.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also, it goes to prove that you didn't bother reading my slot. When told "no other comments on my play" you only reply to the things I posted out and didn't even bother bringing up other things. Is there really nothing I did all game that you liked outside of switching from you to Ruy? Wow. The most active slot in the game and he did one townie thing all game. Damn, you sure got me! Good reading, Alex.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Or maybe, just maybe, I don't buy what you're saying, just like I didn't buy what Ruy was saying when he said he wasn't pushing to lynch Maven after Drew's wagon on him, or like I didn't buy Gheb's "facts" as to why he was town. I have repeatedly said that you were the fallback should Joker somehow flip town. I am aware of the other facets of your play but I'm not concerned about them in that scenario, just like I didn't concern myself with Gheb's play late D1 despite both you and Drew accurately pointing out that he was trying to put the lynch someplace, or even Ruy doing the typical townRuy **** of posting a bunch of questions and trying to get discussion started at the start of the game. Both players, despite being scum, had motivations to play like a townie and hunt for scum. I have to remove those from the equation and look at how others interacted with flipped scummers. In that light, while Orbo is a flat null, I do not like how you interacted with Gheb nor how Gheb interacted with you and none of your "explanations" thus far make sense to me or even really explain away your stance on the slot. That is why I want to shoot you.

So do me a favor and stop insulting me for everything I say just because I am questioning you. I have my reasons for coming to these conclusions and it's not for **** or because I "haven't read". Stop whining about me playing, accept that I have my reasons, and argue those without assaulting my character.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
jfc teh claw girl in zoners avatar needs to make up & make out with the spray bottle object head in laundry's avatar

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There's nothing left to argue. If you don't read me as town after I explained my thought process and showed you how it's consistent with how I've played + my thought process, and would rather chase your own scum read based on reasons I still don't know but doubt are more logical than my explanation, then so be it. When you're asked to show a deeper understanding of my slot outside of those interactions, you simply go "I have to remove those from the equation", while I imagine a lot of things I've done should count for "town points". Fine, I guess all my posts do nothing for you, even when they fit perfectly with my play, thought process, and postings. No inconsistencies, the only thing you see is my "weird interaction" with Gheb, which isn't even that weird.

You mention my interaction with Gheb, but I've explained how my thought process went and why I said everything I said. It should add up even from a town perspective.
You mention Gheb's interactions with me, which is ridiculous. What are his interactions with me? Him pushing me this day. You think we planned to have him pretend he didn't see me voting Ryu day2 so that I could haphazardly point it out and stop his momentum entirely?

Here's the frustrating thing: there's logically no reason for you to read me as scum after I've explained everything to you, yet you still do. Can you bullet point to me why?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
And please only mention it if I haven't explained it before. If you don't take my explanation, then tell me why.

There's no way to convince you that Orboknown or Joey are more scummy than me, because Orboknown hasn't done much and Joey only played day1, and you've read that at least twice. You know the points Joker made on him, you also know the good things Joey did. The only thing left to do for me at this point is convince you that I am more town than them.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
swag 4-1

@ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker (4) -- Ashemu, Laundry, Joey, Zozo
@Orboknown
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry
@Ashemu
@ Dooms Dooms
@ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo

Not voting -- Joker, Orboknown

[collapse=swag history]
Joker
Orboknown:
Laundry: Joker
Ashemu: Joker
Joey: Joker
Zozo: Joker

[/collapse]

a man has been swagged upon
joker was a swaggin wagon townie

night is now
ends in a while from now
like two days idk
ish

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Did some heavy analysis before I made that shot. Shoulda just went with what my gut was saying.

Here's what I noticed:
-9/10, Ruy was trying to engage with Gheb rather than distance from him. He kept whining about Gheb not explaining his vote on him and just sitting on him rather than getting mad and attempt to lynch him like he did me, despite doing the very same thing.
-Did somewhat similar thing to Xonar where instead of getting mad at him for getting on his case like he did with Gheb or keep whining at him to explain his vote. Just kinda ignored it for the most part actually. Outside of that, there wasn't much engagement. Took that into consideration but overlooked it for something.
-Mentioned Chaco unprovoked twice. Once to say that he should be lynched over Jimbo and then one to say that he needs to be replaced. Nearly shot Orbo on these grounds.
-Spent early D1 trying to put the attention of the game onto Joey. By the end of D1, he was saying he'd rather die than lynch Joey. That's an incredible flip in reads. Joey was also the one he called to take Maven to L-1. I don't think he would overextend so hard to save Joey as scum.

-Gheb is ****ing impossible sometimes.
-The big thing about him is that at the end of D2, he realized he wasn't getting the Laundry lynch and so he admitted defeat and lynched Ruy. At the same time, he called Xonar scum with him. Given how hard he went on trying to get every point he could get on Ruy and how he went for Xonar over me (for the second time in the game he pushed someone over me), it made sense to me that Gheb was gonna bus his mates and ride the towncred to victory. I know that's not the case now, but I think he realized his comfortable position was waning and he needed help big time. Turns out he was actually using Ruy to try to incriminate Xonar. Whoops.
-He started off the game by saying that Joey didn't warrant the attention Ruy was trying to put onto him but towards the end of the day, he mentioned Joey was one of three scumslots he would lynch. That slot magically vanished from his lynchpool as he started to see where town was going on that--and Ruy magically appeared in his place. Either Gheb was willing to lynch half the game or Gheb's reads were **** and he was just throwing **** out there. Since then there's been zip interaction with Joey. There wasn't much interaction with Ruy after postgame though, he denied all interaction after he committed to the bus.
-No mention of Chaco outside of looking for replacements. No real mention of Orbo either.

It's probably Orbo after this point. Have fun Ash.

vote: Laundry

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hrm.

So Laundry > Orbo?

Apologies for being so not invested in this game. Very bad game from what I did play, too. >_>

Vote: Laundry

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
actually

unvote

we could arguably no lynch and allow me to shoot orbo and then lynch me in lylo. the problem is gambling on whether we're right on joey or not.

i wanna reread joey and orbo in specific either way. i did gheb/ruy looking for connections and got jack**** out of it. their biggest connection was each other and neither did a fantastic job of giving their partner away. that makes me think it's orbo but both did talk about joey a fair bit, probably more than other players that weren't me. i wanna look in specific about joey's stance on me because i think that's the biggest thing.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
nah we're lynching you today sorry
if you live the proper play would be for you to shoot WRONG so that there'd be a chance of giving you the game in kingmaker
we can wait though

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
straight from the op:

• If the Swagless and Werewolves ever make up equal numbers, with no pro-town roles left alive, then Swagless win. Swagless also win if a Day phase begins with one goon, one werewolf, and one townie.

Ashemu

Smash Ace
WELL i have to say im all for the person actually reading the game making the lylo call and not me, i am a little bit paranoid of being backstabbed for the heck of it given that youre nontown tho

i will read when not lazy

Ashemu

Smash Ace
wow I just realized I went 2/2 on wolves but 0/2 on goons lmao (though the jimmo scan was more policy than anything)

still havent started reading yet
honestly if laundry is reading id prefer he just links to interactions he finds interesting and ill read up on those. then ill probably start feeling motivated enough to read everything else too

Ashemu

Smash Ace
Laundry, what do you think of ryu and joey's gif interactions d1. i thought they were really lame and it's like the only thing that had me paranoid of scum joey on my first read but i cant tell if it's just scum pandering to town

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry, what do you think of ryu and joey's gif interactions d1. i thought they were really lame and it's like the only thing that had me paranoid of scum joey on my first read but i cant tell if it's just scum pandering to town
I do think it's significant that Ruy asked Joey in specific to put Maven at L-1, especially when he spent all early game trying to redirect attention onto Joey, going as far as to limit town's early options to Joey/Joker. I can't quite tell if it's scum pandering to town either.

We need Orbo to talk more. I'm about to be MIA until Sunday. Please put the burners on him and make him sweat a bit because that slot's been more null than I previously imagined.

Top Bottom