• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands

Who do you want to win this season?

• Benjamin “Coach” Wade

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Brendan Synnott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candace Smith

• Carolina Eastwood

• Debra “Debbie” Beebe

• Erinn Lobdell

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • James “JT” Thomas Jr.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Jerry Sims

• Joe Dowdle

• Sandy Burgin

• Sierra Reed

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Spencer Duhm

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Stephen Fishbach

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Sydney Wheeler

• Taj Johnson-George

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tyson Apostol

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Finally got around to watching all the cast videos. Here's the people that I'm liking right now and I believe have a chance to win.

1. Tyson
2. Benjamin
3. Stephen
4. Erinn
5. Candance
6. Taj ...Oh come on, I know you're all secretly rooting for her so you can say "MewtwoTaj won Survivor!"
Ben would have been first if he didn't seem like a douche. If he proves himself to stray away from the path of Ace in the actual Survivor setting, I may change my mind about him. Reason he's above Stephen is that he likes music. <3

4 of my choices are on the same tribe. Let's hope they form an alliance . :D

Also, Sydney makes me lol.

Sydney: "I'm gonna do what I need to do to win, and, also maybe try to get under people...um, people's skin."

Nice save.

Can't wait for the 12th! It really seems like an interesting cast.

greenblob

Smash Lord
There was a report saying that Benjamin lost 60 lbs. since being casted for Survivor. This might mean he makes it pretty far.

Amide

Smash Lord
Two people from Alabama, and like 10 others from south. What the heck!? Oh. Someone named Taj. Same as the Mewtwo player haha.

Also who do you guys think will be the meanest? I don't see many of that type. (Tyson..?)

OMG SPENCER IS GAY THIS IS GONNA BE FAB!! (Lol they have a gay guy every season:))

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Did anyone watch the hour-long Tocantins preview tonight? Jeff made comments on all the contestants. Sugar was the show's host. :D

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
My TV is broken. lol

I'll have to watch all the Survivor episodes on Youtube if it doesn't get fixed soon...which means I'll have to avoid this thread every Thursday (or Wednesday?). But it'll be a lot easier to catch up on the discussion since this thread isn't nearly as popular as the Gabon one was lol.

I'll try to see if the preview's on the interwebs.

Amide

Smash Lord
I didn't know there was one! I can't believe I missed it.

@Sir

Fix that TV now. I think you know why.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I didn't know there was one! I can't believe I missed it.
I found it through sheer luck. I had just finished watching Heroes. I opened up the TV guide, and I saw this big "Survivor: Tocantins Preview" entry. I was like WOOHOO! *click*

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So I was reading the bio of this Tyson guy...and it says he was a Mormon missionary in the Philippines for two years.

I was in the Philippines a few years ago (5, actually), and my family and I were in a small town in the countryside when I saw two white guys in dress shirts pass by on bikes. This Tyson guy is also a professional cyclist and those guys might have been Mormon missionaries...what if one of those guys on bikes was him?! This is like a Lost moment!

Anyway, I forgot the next season of Survivor was starting soon. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it on Thursdays.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I love how Tyson was a missionary but has no reservations about playing the game for what it is. I'm sure he'll take widespread criticism from fans for "contradicting his beliefs" by deceiving everyone (he is the season "villain"), but this is Survivor. It'd be like people being condemned for lying in Poker.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Oh, and it made it onto YouTube finally! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hep1mXACZtM
The regular episodes better not take this effing long to get up on Youtube or I'm going to die. >:o

Thanks Buzz.

I love the copycat moment Tyson and Ben have at 2:50 in the G video lol.

And what's Jeff talking about, Tyson is the kind of person that you love to love lol. His sense of humour is awesome.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm sure we'll see Tyson become the backstab king. I like those kind of players.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Pre-season predicitions on who will fit into what stereotype:
Stephen - mastermind/strategist
Tyson - I heard that he's a better version of Ace, so the snake?
Sierra - The season's b**** (I keep hearing that she's the most obnoxious person this season)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was initially trying to avoid voting for Tyson since I am Mormon, and he is Mormon; I didn't wanna support him strictly on the basis of him being LDS like me. However, seeing how he is a Mormon but is still willing to lie for the sake of a game (*cough* Marcus *cough*), I have all the more respect for him. Plus, I like Survivor villains. :p

GO TYSON!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
So, first episode is tomorrow, and my TV still hasn't been fixed. :(

I may go over to a friend's house if the time it takes for the videos to get uploaded becomes too extreme. I know he was watching Gabon along with me (and was laughing when Ken lost >_>) so I know that it's possible we could watch it together, but it's a school night and it's pretty late to be staying at a friend's house (by my parent's standards, anyways >_>) so I doubt it's gonna happen.

Guess I'll just have to be patient.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!

OK, so, I got Dish Network in November. In making that decision, 80% of my motivation was so I could watch Survivor. Where I live, we do not get any antennae signal. I obtained Dish so I could order the local channels and save Survivor onto my DVR. The premiere of the new season is tomorrow, but yesterday, Dish Network removed the one channel that shows Survivor. There was some contract dispute between Dish Network and the channel provider (Fisher Communications). Fisher wanted double the money for the same service. Dish said no (to prevent customer prices from skyrocketing). So, while this is a logical/smart move for Dish, it leaves me hanging with nothing I really want.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i am so disappointed

they kept the old broad and voted out the cutie with the best chest this season

so disappointed

i'm glad that sierra didn't get screwed though, she is obviously a smart gal. you can tell because she decided to set up camp, and STILL has the idol hint with her to seek eventually.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Steeler, you can't deny that Carolina would have gotten annoying. Sandy's gone next time, though!

Also, Stephen needs to go to Exile and switch to the black name. Srsly...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Interesting bunch of people this go around. I dunno, to me it seems like they're going to get a lot more interesting as the game goes on, but we'll see.

I like the scenery. It's a lot more interesting than Gabon, IMO. It's not what I think of when I think Brazil. It's really hot too, apparently, so there might be even more of a focus on survival out there.

That one older lady (lol) Sandy impressed me. She didn't just sit around and whine about being singled out as the old lady, she fought back, so I respect that. Poor Carolina though. That Spencer guy seems pretty smart and mature for his age (around the same as mine!). Red tribe looks like it'll be interesting. (Jalapeno?)

Black tribe seems shady to me. Maybe it's just the black. There's a bunch of interesting-looking people over there too, but we didn't get to see much of them (the don't really show the winning tribe after challenges any more).

Overall, great start, looks like it'll be a good season!

EDIT: HEY there are no Asians this season to root for. :p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So, not only did Dish Network dump the channel I needed, the friend's place I visited was incredibly noisy. People would not stop talking, so I could only hear about 50% of the episode. T_T

I'll probably review it online.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Much better cast then I thought. I wish they would've kept the chick with the big boobs tho, cant you guys atleast vote out someone generic looking if youre gonna vote off a hot chick?
I'm currently liking Stephen, and from pre show stuff I LOVE jerry, but he got almost no airtime. Tyson seems like an *** but I like him for Survivor, deffinetly someone that'll keep this season interesting.
Ben is a ******* and I'm so happy he revealed his strategy so early, since it was a dumb move thatll put him in trouble. I really hope he doesnt get to the jury so we won't have to listen to some self righteous mar****-ish bs from him.

thebuzz- you can prolly find the episode easily on torrents.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have a site I can watch the episodes at. I just wanted to watch the episodes live on Thursday nights. I can watch them the morning after. :(

I'm sure I will grow to love the cast. I liked Gabon because the 2-hour premiere gives you a chance to get to know everyone. This 1-hour premiere left me still unfamiliar with everyone.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^ That sounds good. Not getting my hopes up TO high b/c of jeff's positivity for this season though, his taste in his own show is... questionable. For example he loved matty in gabon, and Survivor: Australia is one of his favorite season (a season that i thought was incredibly boring/predictable)

But if this season is awesome in the same way that Micronesia was (loads of blindsides and overall a very high level of gameplay) this season will be amazing.

I'm rooting for Stephen and Jerry so far. I also like Tyson, in the same absurd manner that I liked Johnny Fairplay. Which are your favorites?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Actually, I think Australia is generally considered the best (or second, only to Borneo).
Did you see Survivor Talk? It featured Charlie this time.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
did anyone see doll bachelor?

LOL

also, i HIGHLY suggest we create a list of sites to check every week to make it easier on everyone :)

i'll start (with really easy/obvious links)

http://www.ew.com/
Dalton Ross recaps
Jeff Probst blogs
Survivor Talk shows
Exclusive deleted scenes

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/
Plenty of clips not shown on the air, and video of every episode

we could even keep a log of all entries so...

Probst Blog Ep. 1
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/jeff-probst-blo.html

Ross Recap Ep. 1
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20258851,00.html

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I can't wait to see the new-and-improved Exile Island.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sierra telling the rest of the tribe that she was building a fire pit on the beach was funny (especially when everyone believed it!). The immunity/reward challenge was pretty cool, with the rain and all. Exile "Island" looked nice as well.

Everyone seems to be really busy in the game at this point. It's very dynamic. Two blindsides in a row? Cool.

Go Jalapeno!

Amide

Smash Lord
I kinda would rather Sierra go than Candace. Both were nice, but Candace actually could compete in challenges.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Candace would not STFU. If she were a true Survivor fan at all, she would know that being an overbearing jerk around camp trumps being a physical asset in challenges.

Top Bottom