• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor - Smash Boards Edition!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I did like Adonis, but he was really pushing more buttons than he already did when Kitt got voted out.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Your favorite mod just won Survivor on here! Free premium for a month...err dunno what to do with it. I'm thinking of some sort of giveaway maybe involving this boards Luigi players and the Survivor players in a giant tourney, but just *temporary* thoughts, nothing is certain! Unless premium has some sort of advantage over being a mod, not that I know of.
Tl;DR, I'm thinking of hosting a tourney involving all of the participants here and my Luigi board for my premium. Winner will verse me for premium. And I'm not super good [or bad] so if you reach the final boss [me] and beat me, you win! I probably will go through with this after exams are done Friday ish, My only question now is if I should allow premium members to participate or not...

You wanted an army KingofKoopas? I'm gonna try summoning my army of Luigis now from my boards! So yeah, survivor members + Luigi boards tourney for premium, tba.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'VE GOT IT! The reason Koopa didn't win is because I forgot to switch to my Goomba avatar and become his personal Goomba.

I'M SOWWY! ;-;

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I'VE GOT IT! The reason Koopa didn't win is because I forgot to switch to my Goomba avatar and become his personal Goomba.

I'M SOWWY! ;-;
You ruined everything.
Tl;DR, I'm thinking of hosting a tourney involving all of the participants here and my Luigi board for my premium. Winner will verse me for premium. And I'm not super good [or bad] so if you reach the final boss [me] and beat me, you win! I probably will go through with this after exams are done Friday ish, My only question now is if I should allow premium members to participate or not...

You wanted an army KingofKoopas? I'm gonna try summoning my army of Luigis now from my boards! So yeah, survivor members + Luigi boards tourney for premium, tba.
Bowser v Luigi.
Not a horrible match up.
You have my word that I'll be dominating this competition. :4bowser:

Luig

Confused

Definitely joining this.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Lily♫ Lily♫ BI L. Lawliet BI L. Lawliet D dimensionsword64 Luig Luig @Adonis Kitt Geekazaru Kitt Geekazaru @Spak Kneutronic Kneutronic @Omar_25 Zalak Zalak The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf @mistervideogaming

This is a much needed Cast speech.

We have a winner for Smashboards Survivor! Congratulation goes to Y Yonder for being the first winner crowned of being the Sole Survivor! And so close but so far, TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas for being a runner up! (Don't worry I'll get your speech done!)

Firstly, Thank all of you for playing the very first season of Smashboards Survivor! It was a blast having you guys, and I couldn't have asked for a much better cast. All of you had your own unique personality and made this game what it is. I really appreciate that you guys had hope in me (I think?) for most of the time and still trudged through the deathtraps and game changers I randomly placed into the game whenever I felt like it.

So what were my thoughts on this Season? Here we go. My thoughts of this season was absolutely an eyeopener for me. 1. How stressful being a host can be. 2. How playing this game… made me feel connected with you all. This is my very first time ever hosting a Survivor game online at a forum. Though I took place in many survivor competitions online myself, I thought hosting one would be an interesting experience. But what forum should I host it on? I looked to and fro for a community that hasn't had this game already published by another host, and who actually accepted games like this. So, I came to Smashboards! Luckily, I played a lot of Smash myself and made an account here a couple months before I came back so it was quite convenient. When I finally started this thread and received many requests to join I was enthralled! I couldn't wait to test out these challenges on you guys!

Originally, the tribe names were going to be Fotia and Nero. Fire and Water in greek. But I realized I wanted something to fit the theme of Smashboards! This season is essentially based around the community after all! Then it hit me. What is project M? It's in-between Melee and Brawl! This would be perfect for the merge! So I used it. Some of you weren't to happy with the tribe names, so I tried my best as a host just to make name changes. But that didn't work. Haha! Suckers!

Another issue was the challenges. I'd like to think I can bring in new and interesting concepts that aren't repetitive and doesn't consist of spamming all day. But midway through the game, I got way to many complaints about this and I began to freak out. This was also around the time I began school again so I got stressed. Once again, I apologize for all of this and how I would disappear all of the time. I felt awful when I let you guys down, believe me. I wanted to fix it but… I had no ideas! Originally I stated somewhere I wanted this season to finish in October lol. Now look where we are! December 12th! Wow! Eventually, we did our best to negotiate a way to pass this and we made it to the end! That's something to celebrate! Thank you all for dealing with this!

How successful do I think this season went? Well, not very well on my behalf! I think we all could agree this could've been a bit smoother. A bit? Nah. Much smoother! What I really liked about this season? Not even watching you guys suffer to my enjoyment or being a troll and watching you guys freak out- but… How I gained a connection with you all. I keep using the word connection because I truly feel as if I am a part of Decisive Games instead of a mere visitor! I absolutely love everyone of you and I look forward to meeting more people in this community who are as incredible and amazing as you guys! (Yes, I am new, of course. But everyone started somewhere, hey?)

If you have any questions to ask me, I will answer any of them for you guys! And if you're curious about 'Next Season' Stay tuned! I'll make an extra post for that later.

Until then, Thank you for playing Smashboards Survivor!
Ah and so ends the game mate

I think we all can agree that the game could of been more smoother due to some coordination and there was some unnecessary suspense making, however it was an joy to be through and i am glad to have been a part of it regardless

If there will be a second season i would be happy to be a part of it
i demand to be a part of the second season...

whether as a contestant... or a staff member just to watch you all bleed :evil:
No i forbid it
ButLunaOkami was my favorite contestant!

:troll:

Actually Lonkon was, he gets my vote for fan favorites season something.

...and Adonis.
Hmph. . . thanks mate congratulations on your win

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022

This sounds cool.

...all the people saying Adonis was their favorite...
It makes me feel unwanted here.

BI L. Lawliet

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2509-2089-0857
ayyy gents. sorry ive been absent. finals and everything. anyways, Yonder, you beautiful *******. You did it.Congratulations!

My favorite comrade was probably @KingofKoopas. always supportive.
Twas an honor lads. If anyone wishes, I can help with next season.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I sent a gigantic essay on my winning strategy to Kursed, I wonder if he will post it...

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615

Bowser just got buffed, the Bowser boards are extremely excited, and I don't have any local tournaments going on soon. Make this happen :4bowser:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323

Lets go. I've got more respect for the bowser MU this time around and getting more practice always helps.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Alright guys tourney registration begins! Just holler if you want in. Premium prize. An after some deliberation, I'm allowing premium members to play also. After all, Kursed let me play Survivor, despite being a mod. Inviting the Luigi boards also. I'll give it a few days before starting brackets.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
After all, Kursed let me play Survivor, despite being a mod
He also let ME play, despite already being Premium at the time.

Also, funny thing, most of Team Brawl ended up getting gifted Premium :laugh:

Not sure if I want to join or just do some friendlies though...

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Alright guys tourney registration begins! Just holler if you want in. Premium prize. An after some deliberation, I'm allowing premium members to play also. After all, Kursed let me play Survivor, despite being a mod. Inviting the Luigi boards also. I'll give it a few days before starting brackets.
I'll try. Let's see how it goes.
(If I win I'll probably just gift the premium to someone, no worries.)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Will this be on 3DS or Wii U?
Wii u. Unless you can get others to verse you in a 3DS game. I have both systems so...
ooh can i join??
Of course!

I think we have 4 people now...Luigi boards don't seem too interested so if no one else joins in a few days, you got a very good chance at Premium lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wii u. Unless you can get others to verse you in a 3DS game. I have both systems so...

Of course!

I think we have 4 people now...Luigi boards don't seem too interested so if no one else joins in a few days, you got a very good chance at Premium lol
I'll be out a Wii U for most of next week (travelling for the holidays next Monday-Saturday), so if we could either have a 3DS option or start a week after next, that will be cool. If you don't want to postpone it and really want to start it in the next week or don't think 3DS is a good idea, I will understand. If we do it after next week, though, I will be able to save the sets from my bracket on replay and use a capture card to put it on YouTube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom