• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor - Smash Boards Edition!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
He's probably just asking an honest question.

And the answer will remain a secret, unless people do start revealing their votes.

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
He's probably just asking an honest question.

And the answer will remain a secret, unless people do start revealing their votes.
imo, big red capital letters represent anger, which leads to discourse.

and revealing of votes will help nothing, only compound the hatred.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I was just kidding. You minions need to understand good sportsmanship. You know, from me! :4bowser:

You, me, playground after school. We'll settle this there.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
@NheroArconix @BI L. Lawliet D dimensionsword64 Luig Luig @Adonis Kitt Geekazaru Kitt Geekazaru @Spak Kneutronic Kneutronic @Omar_25 Zalak Zalak The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn @LoneKonWolf @mistervideogaming

This is a much needed Cast speech.

We have a winner for Smashboards Survivor! Congratulation goes to Y Yonder for being the first winner crowned of being the Sole Survivor! And so close but so far, TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas for being a runner up! (Don't worry I'll get your speech done!)

Firstly, Thank all of you for playing the very first season of Smashboards Survivor! It was a blast having you guys, and I couldn't have asked for a much better cast. All of you had your own unique personality and made this game what it is. I really appreciate that you guys had hope in me (I think?) for most of the time and still trudged through the deathtraps and game changers I randomly placed into the game whenever I felt like it.

So what were my thoughts on this Season? Here we go. My thoughts of this season was absolutely an eyeopener for me. 1. How stressful being a host can be. 2. How playing this game… made me feel connected with you all. This is my very first time ever hosting a Survivor game online at a forum. Though I took place in many survivor competitions online myself, I thought hosting one would be an interesting experience. But what forum should I host it on? I looked to and fro for a community that hasn't had this game already published by another host, and who actually accepted games like this. So, I came to Smashboards! Luckily, I played a lot of Smash myself and made an account here a couple months before I came back so it was quite convenient. When I finally started this thread and received many requests to join I was enthralled! I couldn't wait to test out these challenges on you guys!

Originally, the tribe names were going to be Fotia and Nero. Fire and Water in greek. But I realized I wanted something to fit the theme of Smashboards! This season is essentially based around the community after all! Then it hit me. What is project M? It's in-between Melee and Brawl! This would be perfect for the merge! So I used it. Some of you weren't to happy with the tribe names, so I tried my best as a host just to make name changes. But that didn't work. Haha! Suckers!

Another issue was the challenges. I'd like to think I can bring in new and interesting concepts that aren't repetitive and doesn't consist of spamming all day. But midway through the game, I got way to many complaints about this and I began to freak out. This was also around the time I began school again so I got stressed. Once again, I apologize for all of this and how I would disappear all of the time. I felt awful when I let you guys down, believe me. I wanted to fix it but… I had no ideas! Originally I stated somewhere I wanted this season to finish in October lol. Now look where we are! December 12th! Wow! Eventually, we did our best to negotiate a way to pass this and we made it to the end! That's something to celebrate! Thank you all for dealing with this!

How successful do I think this season went? Well, not very well on my behalf! I think we all could agree this could've been a bit smoother. A bit? Nah. Much smoother! What I really liked about this season? Not even watching you guys suffer to my enjoyment or being a troll and watching you guys freak out- but… How I gained a connection with you all. I keep using the word connection because I truly feel as if I am a part of Decisive Games instead of a mere visitor! I absolutely love everyone of you and I look forward to meeting more people in this community who are as incredible and amazing as you guys! (Yes, I am new, of course. But everyone started somewhere, hey?)

If you have any questions to ask me, I will answer any of them for you guys! And if you're curious about 'Next Season' Stay tuned! I'll make an extra post for that later.

Until then, Thank you for playing Smashboards Survivor!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wonder if I could be like, a co-host that supervises things or make announcements when Kursed is not around.

I think it would help the game a lot if there's an active host more often and God knows how little time I spend outside the boards :lol:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
What a pleasant surprise on my work break! I know the AE and Omar voted for me and Zalek for King, thank you for that extra push guys, thanks to everyone who voted for me to win! It was definitely a close match and a fun ride. Ya'll played a formidable game.

And that makes one first place and one second place finish out of my 2 Survivor games so far, not bad!

Also this is a nice boost before 5 tests next week...anyways I should go hit the books again now, been fun!

Oh, I'd still like a write up ala Kursed Kursed style please and thank you.

After Thursday, I want to play some Smash rounds with people here...settle the real battle in Smash TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas . my friend request is gonna expire soon on the wii u.

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
I wonder if I could be like, a co-host that supervises things or make announcements when Kursed is not around.

I think it would help the game a lot if there's an active host more often and God knows how little time I spend outside the boards :lol:
orrrrrrr
Yonder gets to assist next season since her already won, and I can readily assume he'll be participating if another comes around

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
@NheroArconix @BI L. Lawliet D dimensionsword64 Luig Luig @Adonis Kitt Geekazaru Kitt Geekazaru @Spak Kneutronic Kneutronic @Omar_25 Zalak Zalak The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn @LoneKonWolf @mistervideogaming

This is a much needed Cast speech.

We have a winner for Smashboards Survivor! Congratulation goes to Y Yonder for being the first winner crowned of being the Sole Survivor! And so close but so far, TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas for being a runner up! (Don't worry I'll get your speech done!)

Firstly, Thank all of you for playing the very first season of Smashboards Survivor! It was a blast having you guys, and I couldn't have asked for a much better cast. All of you had your own unique personality and made this game what it is. I really appreciate that you guys had hope in me (I think?) for most of the time and still trudged through the deathtraps and game changers I randomly placed into the game whenever I felt like it.

So what were my thoughts on this Season? Here we go. My thoughts of this season was absolutely an eyeopener for me. 1. How stressful being a host can be. 2. How playing this game… made me feel connected with you all. This is my very first time ever hosting a Survivor game online at a forum. Though I took place in many survivor competitions online myself, I thought hosting one would be an interesting experience. But what forum should I host it on? I looked to and fro for a community that hasn't had this game already published by another host, and who actually accepted games like this. So, I came to Smashboards! Luckily, I played a lot of Smash myself and made an account here a couple months before I came back so it was quite convenient. When I finally started this thread and received many requests to join I was enthralled! I couldn't wait to test out these challenges on you guys!

Originally, the tribe names were going to be Fotia and Nero. Fire and Water in greek. But I realized I wanted something to fit the theme of Smashboards! This season is essentially based around the community after all! Then it hit me. What is project M? It's in-between Melee and Brawl! This would be perfect for the merge! So I used it. Some of you weren't to happy with the tribe names, so I tried my best as a host just to make name changes. But that didn't work. Haha! Suckers!

Another issue was the challenges. I'd like to think I can bring in new and interesting concepts that aren't repetitive and doesn't consist of spamming all day. But midway through the game, I got way to many complaints about this and I began to freak out. This was also around the time I began school again so I got stressed. Once again, I apologize for all of this and how I would disappear all of the time. I felt awful when I let you guys down, believe me. I wanted to fix it but… I had no ideas! Originally I stated somewhere I wanted this season to finish in October lol. Now look where we are! December 12th! Wow! Eventually, we did our best to negotiate a way to pass this and we made it to the end! That's something to celebrate! Thank you all for dealing with this!

How successful do I think this season went? Well, not very well on my behalf! I think we all could agree this could've been a bit smoother. A bit? Nah. Much smoother! What I really liked about this season? Not even watching you guys suffer to my enjoyment or being a troll and watching you guys freak out- but… How I gained a connection with you all. I keep using the word connection because I truly feel as if I am a part of Decisive Games instead of a mere visitor! I absolutely love everyone of you and I look forward to meeting more people in this community who are as incredible and amazing as you guys! (Yes, I am new, of course. But everyone started somewhere, hey?)

If you have any questions to ask me, I will answer any of them for you guys! And if you're curious about 'Next Season' Stay tuned! I'll make an extra post for that later.

Until then, Thank you for playing Smashboards Survivor!
Every sentence with the word "connection" in it is a sentence I agree with.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
orrrrrrr
Yonder gets to assist next season since her already won, and I can readily assume he'll be participating if another comes around
Yonder is automatically Survivor staff if he now chooses to be. He can help out, suggest new challenges in a secret group I'm creating.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I honestly think that this was a really fun idea. I might not partake in the next season, but I would like to spectate it a couple times to see what improvements are made.

Thank you for doing this, Kursed! I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't win.

Also, embrace the magenta... That'll stick with you for a month.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
orrrrrrr
Eh, no definitive plans for any next season participation, real life is ensnaring me in it's busy working tendrils...but we'll see.

Luig

Confused
Hey Yonder!

I thought I just kinda wanted to make a short speech top.
While I did want TKoK to win, you're still a grate guy.
You really played this game well, and you're a great moderator.
Also, Luigi power <3

So I guess, congrats!

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
After Thursday, I want to play some Smash rounds with people here...settle the real battle in Smash TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas . my friend request is gonna expire soon on the wii u.
I will be so much more active once f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶s koopa army inspections are over. Gotta weed out those lazy minions, am I right?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hey Yonder!

I thought I just kinda wanted to make a short speech top.
While I did want TKoK to win, you're still a grate guy.
You really played this game well, and you're a great moderator.
Also, Luigi power <3

So I guess, congrats!
Thanks! Luigi ladder to the skies! (That still I thing in smash 4? I think so)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Anyways, back to work, save me some a spaghetti from the after party. I assume there will be...lots a.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i demand to be a part of the second season...

whether as a contestant... or a staff member just to watch you all bleed :evil:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Congratulations, Yonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowsermelee:
team koopa will never die

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
ButLunaOkami was my favorite contestant!

:troll:

Actually Lonkon was, he gets my vote for fan favorites season something.

...and Adonis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom