• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher_Ball

Smash Rookie
If he wins the whole thing he should hold an epic melee tournament. Using some of the money for the venue or something. And use the publicity to get it sponsored. And fly international people in with the sponsors money or something, that'd be epic.

Edit : Voted for him.
that would be awesome... uber smash tourney... so where can we read more about ken being there.... i might actually watch survivor now =]

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Ken is gonna win fan favorite because there is already (limited) name recognition and he has a distinct (likeable) personality.
Have you met Ken? Or rather, have you even seen the videos they have? The dude can barely string a coherent sentence together, and is fairly awkward in general <_<;

I'm sure in general he's likeable enough, but its not like he generally exudes excessive amounts of it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Have you met Ken? Or rather, have you even seen the videos they have? The dude can barely string a coherent sentence together, and is fairly awkward in general <_<;

I'm sure in general he's likeable enough, but its not like he generally exudes excessive amounts of it.
I wonder how many takes he took for that introduction video.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Lol, Ken on survivor...

Whats next? Maybe I'll see one of you on Ninja Warrior or something. Ultimate Banzuke anyone? =D
I'd be down for Ninja Warrior, unfortunately there's the distinct possibility it ends up looking like MXC, but hey that's the same with a handful of people on Ninja Warrior already.

I've never like Banzuke... maybe just cuz it feels like a ninja warrior knock-off or something of that nature.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman

Ouch, regardless he's representing our community and we shall back him. UNITY!

kr3wman

Smash Master
dude, this is INSANE, i love survivor and smash, this is ridiculous. you guys should check out his love thread on the survivor equivalent of smashboards...

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/37612?page=2
The Thread Creator posted the Ken BEASTIN CHILLIN video, and some guy said :

Ken blocks the platform so that you have no chance of landing and recovering. That's also known as CHEAP.

Jigglypuff don't play that.
Lulz noobs.

Also, lol at those people :

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/37630/t/Ken-HATE-THREAD.html

That's too much lulz.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
dude, this is INSANE, i love survivor and smash, this is ridiculous. you guys should check out his love thread on the survivor equivalent of smashboards...

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/37612?page=2
one of the posts in said thread said:
I'll probably root for him just because I generally root for the nerds and geeks... but I wish they would have recruited a real gamer rather than some gook who plays games made for 5-year-olds.
Oh wow. lol

Wow.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
****, that's a big article. Those gamers sure are dedicated into making themselves look important through wikipedia.

Anyway, it looks like Ken's past his heyday in terms of video games. ***** only has placed in one title this year and two last year.

Someone posted that on Survivor website.

kr3wman

Smash Master
****, that's a big article. Those gamers sure are dedicated into making themselves look important through wikipedia.

Anyway, it looks like Ken's past his heyday in terms of video games. ***** only has placed in one title this year and two last year.

Those ignorant *******s. lulz, making hate threads on something you don't even understand.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Well in another thread on there apparently this man's a "fatass" who needs to suck his gut in.

lol.

So yeah that's quite a board. Whatever I guess.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
that is a really good point <_<;
Poor Ken, though, if I had a camera in my face, and knew what I was about to say was going to be broadcast around America, I'd fumble a little in my words too.

Thing is, people like that will always exist.

I look at some sporting heroes and don't really care, and am quick to criticize them when I have no idea what they went through. And yet others will idolize them.

We're doing the same thing really. Only thing is, is our standing in society, and its perception of gamer culture.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Poor Ken, though, if I had a camera in my face, and knew what I was about to say was going to be broadcast around America, I'd fumble a little in my words too.

Thing is, people like that will always exist.

I look at some sporting heroes and don't really care, and am quick to criticize them when I have no idea what they went through. And yet others will idolize them.

We're doing the same thing really. Only thing is, is our standing in society, and its perception of gamer culture.
That is true. Though I think it's also important to keep in mind from time to time that there's a difference between the critically differing opinions of two separate niches over the same thing, and just plain being a douche.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That is true. Though I think it's also important to keep in mind from time to time that there's a difference between the critically differing opinions of two separate niches over the same thing, and just plain being a douche.
And on that note.
Why is Ken wearing a shirt when everybody else is showing a ton of skin?

I wanna see his fully ripped abs.

[/no homo]

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
GL Ken, I'm rooting for you.

Man that was some surprise, when I read this topic.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
And on that note.
Why is Ken wearing a shirt when everybody else is showing a ton of skin?

I wanna see his fully ripped abs.

[/no homo]

I dunno, maybe it's a part of his strategy to make himself stand out.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Hey the gold medalist, Crystal, and Ken are on the same team.

Striking remarkably similar poses.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Ken's going to edgehog the island, and everyone else is going to lose.
Survivor is over in one episode.
-t2

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Doesn't they way they tape survivor mean that every episode is done already, except for the Finale, which is going to be live?

Candide

Smash Apprentice
To think I envisioned the national Melee champ as arrogant and unapproachable... The videos portray him as actually quite humble and friendly.
Say, if any of you have met the other top players, how are they in person?

infernovia

Smash Ace
Are you kidding me? They got a bald guy. Bald guys are awesome.

I am probably going to count on this thread or this board to keep me updated and for t3h 3p1c m0m3nt5.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me? They got a bald guy. Bald guys are awesome.

I am probably going to count on this thread or this board to keep me updated and for t3h 3p1c m0m3nt5.
He's bald, but because he is on the other team, it auto-means he plays Brawl, and so does the rest of the team, so while they're busy tripping, Ken and his hot chick will take over with hitstun, the other team gets ultimately beaten, then it is up to Ken and his Hot chick to show the rest of the tribe they're skilllz, and then its down to Ken vs Hot Chick, the Hot chick shows him her boobs, he looses due to distractions, but then she splits the money with him and becomes his GF and they go on to make more money at they're Strip Bar / Grill. End of season.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom