• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Yo-Yo Glitch...?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I actually checked Smashwiki and they mention a SUPER Yoyo Glitch for Ness. WTF? HOW DO YOU DO IT?!??! I MUST KNOW.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Mabye it has something to do with grabbing the edge? When your invincible you equip a special jacket that makes you invincible. Mabye when you equip a jacket while your invincible it takes on the properties of the invincibility and remains equipped whether or not you hit an enemy? That would also explain why it wears off once you die (your entire state and all trapboxes belonging to you are reset).

I got AR, I might practice it one day, but I'm ammitedly not a big fan of the yyg. I prefer to djc air combo people (which I CAN'T do).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
OOOOOO. *tries it out*

Ness is like Aang. He needs to master the avatar state/ infinite jacket glitch.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Level Up!

Oh baby! Guts went up 5 points!
Sweet! Strength went up 3 points!
Awesome! Hp increased by 4 points!
Cool! Pp increased by 2 points!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
......I'm sorry, I can't keep quiet. As a complete Earthbound addict, I can not allow you to **** the level up text without comment. Oh Baby for Guts, Strength, IQ, and Defense, Sweet for HP, and Rockin for PP. Though I could be wrong on the PP, I'm doubtful.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why!? It's a totally pointless plot point! I own it for the Snes btw. Ness is sooooo broken in that game, unless you level Poo to 99 and give him the sword of kings.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
......Ness doesn't talk.

Giygas: Ness, It hurts...
Giygas: Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness

Ah, Earthbound, the only game where boss dialogue is inspired by a **** scene.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I've talked to Mofo, and he thinks that it's a load of crap. Unless you get it on tape, I'm starting to think so too.... :(

Terrorking91

Smash Cadet
LMAO Funny man :p

......Ness doesn't talk.

Giygas: Ness, It hurts...
Giygas: Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness Ness

Ah, Earthbound, the only game where boss dialogue is inspired by a **** scene.

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Oh that made my day LOL:psycho::psycho::lick::chuckle::chuckle::laugh:

As for the topic on the SYYG, I haven't seen it to tell the truth. I have seen the YYG but never heard of a "S"YYG b4. I will look back on here as more info aroses.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Since nobody has said HOW....

you charge a yoyo OFF the edge. This can be done by WD'ing, or perhaps by JC shield.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Load of crap = cant be done by anyone including Perfect Control

as far as im concerned anyone can feel free to think of this as a load of crap to their hearts content...it deserves to be thought of that way

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Since nobody has said HOW....

you charge a yoyo OFF the edge. This can be done by WD'ing, or perhaps by JC shield.
maybe it's the lack of sleep but I'm missing part of this picture here. I kept assuming that the whole yoyo off the edge thing just meant you space your usmash near the edge so the yoyo hangs off of it. are you saying you WD off the edge and start the usmash in the middle of the WD so the animation is canceled? and...JC shield? I'm probably gonna sound noobish but I was only aware of JC-grab/usmash...and even so: what purpose does that serve and how exactly [meaning where is Ness relative to the stage/edge] when this is happening?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Not just off the edge, COMPLETELY off the edge, string and all, waaay down. Nobody knows exactly how to do it, wavesmashing or JC smashing whatever, it's crazy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well, since everybody 1) quit their subscription to the YYG thread and/or 2) ignored my post, I'll repost it.

One of the thread here i Ness char disc is about extra WD length due to DjC, but instead of attacking, you airdodge diagonally towards the ground. This links with the fact that wavelanding gives more dist than WD'ing.

SO: if you use this extra distance, can you manage to get the yoyo off the edge? the main problem now is that the WD dist is too short (also, that there is too much WD lag)?

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had a chance to try this, but what about getting caped by Doc or Mario during the beginning of the usmash animation? I think it would have to be a certain number of frames into the usmash (13 maybe, since this is when the charge starts?) to prevent the non-charge that happens when you are too close to the edge, but if timed correctly... Can someone try this out?

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
My input, which may be wrong, is the following: When you try to charge the yo-yo off the edge when you are close to it, the yo-yo won't charge. Let's call that the no-charge zone. by doing something,you can charge it inside the no-charge zone,thus setting it. This will make Ness top tier!:colorful::colorful::colorful:

Levitas

the moon
??? bounced a rather old thread, but one that I haven't read nonetheless.

As far as I know, the super yoyo glitch is an epiphany bestowed upon the worthy in a once-in-a-lifetime blaze of significance.

Someone let me know: is it worth it to read this thread? or is it stuff I know from the yyg thread?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
because much of it is shady speculation and unnecessary to most Ness players, i'd say you don't really need to read it. unless you want to discover the mechanics of the SYYG, or if you're a person who wants to satisfy his Ness YYG trivial pursuits.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
upB is the best move in the game... lol?
i wanna be a legend in the SSB community! i'm off to see the wizard--the wonderful wizard of SYYG.

dan smith

Smash Champion
just to let everyone know.... whoever discovers exactly how to do the SYYG will be a legend forever
I don't know Sindy, I've got the YYG on my record and you'd be shocked at the lack of respect I get from hot women at bars when I tell them about it.

Although I guess I did meet a guy at a tournament once who knew who I was, which was kinda cool...but then he beat me with Sheik! : (

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
0_o
suuuurrreeee...
so anyway, I was trying this out all day long, when I was wondering if YYG even works on version 3...
can anyone answer me before I waste even more time attempting even the regular YYG????

Levitas

the moon
I have not heard of the YYG not working on any version. I've tried on 1 and 1.1. Also, it doesn't seem important enough to have been removed (flame cancelling, lol).

Top Bottom