• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super SWEET Preview

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Although the MLG Qualifier season has ended, the action continues in the Midwest this weekend with Super SWEET, a two-day, 150+ person Melee and Project M regional in Ann Arbor, MI. Tournament organizer Robin "Juggleguy" Harn, director of "The Big House" series, is coordinating the event in classic grassroots fashion along with the Michigan Smash community. The tournament format will feature multiple waves of round robin pools that lead into an exciting final Sunday bracket, encouraging a thrilling lineup of stream matches while finishing in a timely manner. Two simultaneous livestreams will broadcast the action this weekend: VGBootCamp (all weekend) and MeleeItOnMe (Sunday only). MIOM's dynamic duo, Bobby "Scar" Scarnewman and Kristopher "Toph" Aldenderfer, will be active on the commentary throughout the event, as well as Team OXY's very own Arian "TheCrimsonBlur" Fathieh and infamous Midwest funnyman Nick "PGH Carroll the GOAT" Carroll.

Overview

Super SWEET
June 7-8, 2014
Ann Arbor, MI
A Midwest Melee and Project M Super Regional

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/350449/
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/628049580578011/

The Players

An impressive 161 players will be participating in the Melee Singles event. The talent level is definitely top notch with three of the undisputed top five Melee players in attendance: EMP | Armada, C9 | Mang0, and P4K EMP | Mew2king. A strong lineup from Canada is also attending in full force, including EMG | KirbyKaze, Kage the Warrior, EMG | Weon-X, I.B, and RaynEX. Hailing from Arizona, Axe also comes into town hoping to show that 20XX is just a myth. Local heroes Duck, Kels, and Drephen are also looking to prove that the Midwest can compete with the other regions.

Tournament Schedule (all EST)

Stream Schedule (all EST)

Commentary Schedule (all EST)

Pools and Brackets

Thanks to online paid pre-registration, pools and brackets have been created ahead of time and posted for viewing by the public.

http://supersweet.challonge.com/

* Melee Singles Pools Round 1
16 round-robin pools of 10 players each, top 4 advance to Melee Singles Pools Round 2. Entrants will play in Wave 1 or Wave 2 of this round depending on pool assignment.

* Melee Singles Pools Round 2
8 round-robin pools of 8 players each, top 4 advance to Melee Singles Bracket Top 32. Entrants will play in Wave 1 or Wave 2 of this round depending on pool assignment.

* PM Singles Bracket
2 half-brackets of 37 players each, top 4 advance to PM Singles Bracket Top 8. Entrants will play in Wave 1 or Wave 2 of this round depending on bracket assignment.

* Melee Doubles Bracket
1 straight bracket of 46 teams, run as a straight bracket from start to finish.

Who do you think will reign supreme this weekend? Follow the discussion via twitter (#SuperSWEET)!

--

The above is a mirror copy of an article written by Tafokints (@ TaFoKiNtS) and Juggleguy (@ JuggleRob) on meleeiton.me. You can follow them on Twitter for more updates and content.

Last edited by a moderator:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
In case anyone was wondering...

In the image, from left to right, top to bottom:
Armada, Mango, Mew2King, Scar, Axe
Kage, I.B., KirbyKaze, Weon-X, RaynEX
Duck, Kels, Toph, TheCrimsonBlur, Ally

Last edited:

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone was wondering...
in the image, from left to right:
Armada, Mango, Mew2King, Scar, Axe
Kage, I.B., KirbyKaze, Weon-X, RaynEX
Duck, Kels, Toph, TheCrimsonBlur

I dunno who the last guy is but I can tell you he looks a lot like Ally.
Yup, that's Ally

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Ally's Captain Falcon is real. I watched him play Melee at GOML and he is really good: nowhere near his Brawl skill but still really good. I'm excited for this tourney!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm excited to see some big names coming up in this tournament. It's always nice to see some tournaments without them to find the shadowed talent, but when the whole group is together, it gets really hype. Looking forward to watching it!

Top Bottom