• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
1. Is Classic Mode finished or will there be more added to it? Because I noticed character-specific BtT levels for each character was said to be added to a later update and Multi-Man Smash has a little "TEST" banner at the bottom of the screen.
Those BTT stages will (probably?) be added later and will naturally become a part of classic.

The TEST message was just for debugging and slipped between the cracks.

2. Do you know happen to know when can we expect the next patch/update to Beta?
Now :*)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Those BTT stages will (probably?) be added later and will naturally become a part of classic.
Oh, that's all that's left? Cool. You guys certainly put in a lot of work for this mode, I'll give you that.

The TEST message was just for debugging and slipped between the cracks.
Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

Really?! Wooo!

BTW, forgive me if I can't ask a question like this, but just want to know a few things.

1. Was it really.....necessary to have Kirby's "priority" be so nerfed? I mean, I can't utilize his Dash Attack and his D-Air well anymore, and he feels easier to get comboed. I REALLY want to keep maining him, but these things I just mentioned (among many other issues) are really getting in my way of making him a full-time main...

2. Will Master Hand be getting "special effects" on his attacks? Such a flames on his bullets, Ice clumps forming from his wind attack, etc.

3. I heard that a couple of ATs have been removed from SSF2. Could you tell me who and why? Also, is Viewtiful Joe a part of the removed? I mean, it's been about...what? 5, 6 demo releases since he was announced?

Despite everything I'm asking you, I just want to say again that you devs did an AMAZING job on Beta. Totally worth the wait.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Can I just take a moment and mention just how much of a game changer the native controller support is?

Seriously, that alone makes the game feel completely different!

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I know this may seem like an unpopular opinion, but I actually love the fact that Pichu is in this game. I used to play him in Melee simply due to his quirky nature and funny voice acting. And it brings me joy that he's back. It must have taken them a lot of time and effort to implement Pichu and I appreciate that.

NOTE: According to the devs, the Pichu found in a Pokeball WILL be kept in the game. There IS such a thing as MULTIPLE Pokemon, you know!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I thought MLG said that Sandbag was the last character reveal until the final game (but whatevs).

Looking forward to Pichu!

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014

I know this may seem like an unpopular opinion, but I actually love the fact that Pichu is in this game. I used to play him in Melee simply due to his quirky nature and funny voice acting. And it brings me joy that he's back. It must have taken them a lot of time and effort to implement Pichu and I appreciate that.

NOTE: According to the devs, the Pichu found in a Pokeball WILL be kept in the game. There IS such a thing as MULTIPLE Pokemon, you know!
MY NEW MAIN

smashkirby

Smash Hero

A part of me wants to keep my hopes low and believe that this is an April Fools' prank...but another part of me keeps reminding me that we DID get Sandbag itself confirmed as a playable character via an April Fools' prank....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

A part of me wants to keep my hopes low and believe that this is an April Fools' prank...but another part of me keeps reminding me that we DID get Sandbag itself confirmed as a playable character via an April Fools' prank....
The fact this video is now unlisted tells me this being a joke is highly unlikely and it's foreshadowing something.

The Flash Minus April Fools joke not being unlisted as well as having "[April Fools!]" added to the title further cements my guess.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The fact this video is now unlisted tells me this being a joke is highly unlikely and it's foreshadowing something.

The Flash Minus April Fools joke not being unlisted as well as having "[April Fools!]" added to the title further cements my guess.
What's more, I'm pretty sure that MG released a couple of UNLISTED videos prior to Beta's release, showing off (an in-progress?) Devil's Machine from EarthBound. Come Beta's release, and guess what gets added to the game (as an unlockable stage)?

That being said, could we be looking at SSF2's answer to Giga Bowser/Master Core???

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's a great video: How Smash Bros Players See SSF2 Beta (wasn't embedded because of language)

Be sure to read the pinned comment :p
Oh, yeah! I saw that last night!:laugh:

....... Smash Flash for switch confirmed lmao?
Really, MG? REALLY? Well, I can't say I blame them for making that joke. It was a dark, primitive time...:laugh:

BTW, guys. What do you think this boss willed be called? Master Sand? Sandmaster? Gigabag? Sandcore? Master Sandcore?

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
Just tried Pichu and Gotta say he's ACTUALLY pretty good! At 50% he gets into a mode called discharge where his specials get different effects like upb only going one direction but the end discharges a huge shock of electricity that's very powerful in damage and knockback.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Pretty cool that two different versions of Simon get revealed for Smash within two days of each other.

Tbh I'm not as big of a fan of the red-haired look compared to the classic look now that I've seen both to compare (and I think I ultimately prefer Richter more than Simon in general haha), but I'm excited nonetheless for more characters in SSF2 period!

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
I was also surprised to see Simon as a new character and the truth seemed very funny too. Tomorrow, who will be next?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Krystal joins Flash.

Only one more fighter left (McLeodGaming stated it's someone that isn't playable in an official Smash)

Last edited:

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
So Krystal joins the roster, that's great :kirby:. And who will be the third mysterious fighter?

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
This game has officially been reported to Nintendo on Twitter.

Thank you everyone for your time. :bee:

Top Bottom