• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
flash 2 apex 15.png

If the placement of the locked character actually means anything (there's always the chance it might not), I have a couple ideas:

- Kirby (like :4dedede:)
- Donkey Kong (like :4diddy:, Dixie Kong, or K. Rool)
- A different Nintendo IP

I have STRONG doubts it could be Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts due to it's clear they made so the top and middle rows are Nintendo characters while the bottom are 3rd Party & anime.

As usual, I'm not making any real predictions. We'll find out who on the third day.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The third day? You mean they're not going to reveal a character a day like they did every year until now?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
ahh Im excited for the new character X3 its probably either Kirby character or some other IP

I wish theyd put in Crash Bandicoot, but hey

One can dream.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think it will be a newcomer. Otherwise, they wouldn't wait three days.

ahh Im excited for the new character X3 its probably either Kirby character or some other IP

I wish theyd put in Crash Bandicoot, but hey

One can dream.
I think he's the reason Crusade's stream got C&D'd...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Wait what?

I thought it was cuz they didnt want to have too many things streaming xD
If that was the case, they would have axed all fan projects rather than singling out Crusade.

I'm pretty sure it's a character from a company represented in Crusade but not Flash 2, explaining why one was C&D'd while the other was left alone. I think it's either Crash or Rayman.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I always thought it was Nintendo sponsoring and didn't want a Smash fan game with "Bros." in the title to get confused with the official games.

Back on topic, I'll be fine with anyone really.

kylexv

Smash Master
So it was Mr. Game and Watch. Kinda meh if you ask me. We haven't seen a third party in a while, but it's good that they are adding important veterans. I mean, they are still missing Pit. I also want to make a roster prediction despite the character choices being unpredictable sometimes. This is my starting roster prediction:

:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario2::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4pit::4samus::4zss::4falcon:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4ness::4villager:[Ch] [?]:4gaw::4marth:[Is]:4fox::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

:4sonic:[Ta]:4megaman:[Ll][Bl][So][Bo][Ic][Na][Go]
[Ch]= Chibi-Robo
[Is]= Isaac
[Ta]= Tails
[Ll]= Lloyd
[Bl]= Black Mage
[So]= Sora
[Bo]= Bomberman
[Ic]= Ichigo
[Na]= Naruto
[Go]= Goku

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So it was Mr. Game and Watch. Kinda meh if you ask me. We haven't seen a third party in a while, but it's good that they are adding important veterans. I mean, they are still missing Pit. I also want to make a roster prediction despite the character choices being unpredictable sometimes. This is my starting roster prediction:

:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario2::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4pit::4samus::4zss::4falcon:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4ness::4villager:[Ch] [?]:4gaw::4marth:[Is]:4fox::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

:4sonic:[Ta]:4megaman:[Ll][Bl][So][Bo][Ic][Na][Go]
[Ch]= Chibi-Robo
[Is]= Isaac
[Ta]= Tails
[Ll]= Lloyd
[Bl]= Black Mage
[So]= Sora
[Bo]= Bomberman
[Ic]= Ichigo
[Na]= Naruto
[Go]= Goku
if Villager makes it in, I will cry.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So we gotz Isaac, :4bowser:, & :4gaw:.

Not too shabby of additions. But there's so much more than character in the Beta that's exciting me.

Can't wait!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So we gotz Isaac, :4bowser:, & :4gaw:.

Not too shabby of additions. But there's so much more than character in the Beta that's exciting me.

Can't wait!
And there's probably more characters, too. SSF2β's release is still a long way off, and we might have to unlock some in the demo itself.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I hope there are some unlockable characters in the beta. I want to see if there are newcomers from existing franchises such as Zelda or Pokemon.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I'd certainly love to give this game a better try than I've done before, but when I last played, the controls where a big problem for me. Is there a way to remedy this?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd certainly love to give this game a better try than I've done before, but when I last played, the controls where a big problem for me. Is there a way to remedy this?
What exactly makes the controls a "big problem"? I don't have any problems.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
What exactly makes the controls a "big problem"? I don't have any problems.
I can't play Smash on a keypad. I've tried to do so, I've changed the control figuration, but I can't find a good button layout. Unless you have a keypad configuration to share with me, playing Smash without a controller or joystick while still being able to play decently and pull off a few combos is really proving to be difficult.

P.S: When's the Beta out?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't play Smash on a keypad. I've tried to do so, I've changed the control figuration, but I can't find a good button layout. Unless you have a keypad configuration to share with me, playing Smash without a controller or joystick while still being able to play decently and pull off a few combos is really proving to be difficult.

P.S: When's the Beta out?
Yeah, it's best if you have a controller to play it rather than a keyboard. Either just Joy2Key or Xpadder to make the game controller friendly (both have an extremely large library of compatible controllers but some say Xpadder is the better choice)

As for the Beta release date, no release time was given.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I've never minded using a keyboard. Generally I use WASD to move and H = Attack; J = Special; K = Grab; L= Shield; Space = Jump.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So apparently the sprites of Fox & (pre-9.0) Mario have been uploaded to The Spriter's Resource. Cool and all but the icon to represent the game looks like they making up stuff that we know aren't in the game or even confirmed (just look and you'll see):

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I still find myself playing SSF2 now and again when I'm waiting/slow day at work, alot of skill and dedication went into that's for sure, and great work on Sora!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This happened to me in Online. I was in a room when suddenly...
So I'm not sure what exactly causes it. And the only one I've been able to trigger it with is Black Mage, but I'm sure there might be others that cause it.

Long story short I tend to wait around in the Waiting Room when this happened:

Suddenly I was put into a Sudden Death. I don't know why, but it does. It's also not just there, as I've been able to get warped to the Battlefield, and possibly others.

And it acts as you would expect. 300% and everything.

It even brought me to a results screen.

Though while I don't know if this is a common problem (as I've been playing online just a few days ago), It's not a very common glitch, nor is it game-breaking.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
How do we petition to get a SSF2 subforum added in the vein of Project M? Yes, we have the MG forums, but Ridley's the MG competitive community's too small for the meta to really get anywhere. And this is currently causing problems in the Backroom; we can't come to any accurate conclusions because we don't have any data.

Of course, this would apply to Crusade, too, for the sake of fairness.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
*late*

in order to even consider getting a subforum the activity level here needs to rise. even the smashboards group is relatively slow.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Because not nearly enough people know that we're a competitively viable game to take seriously yet.

We're gonna have to find some more ways to get the word out.

[OCK]LLama

Smash Cadet
This happened to me in Online. I was in a room when suddenly...
So I'm not sure what exactly causes it. And the only one I've been able to trigger it with is Black Mage, but I'm sure there might be others that cause it.

Long story short I tend to wait around in the Waiting Room when this happened:

Suddenly I was put into a Sudden Death. I don't know why, but it does. It's also not just there, as I've been able to get warped to the Battlefield, and possibly others.

And it acts as you would expect. 300% and everything.

It even brought me to a results screen.

Though while I don't know if this is a common problem (as I've been playing online just a few days ago), It's not a very common glitch, nor is it game-breaking.
As someone who's on the ssf2 IRC like everyday and online on ssf2 quite a bunch- ya this happens a lot to people. The best you can do is x out, reopen it, and pretend it never happened. Because honestly the servers are understandably unstable at the moment and this is just another side effect.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Just tried it out, and I my impressions are really positive. It's really good for a fan game.

It was kinda hard for me to play it because I didn't have a controller. Had to use the keyboard.

Generally, it feels pretty balanced and fun. I really like the Turbo option in Special Smash.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this game. Hopefully they improve it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know and I really want to help but I can't do it alone.

Try to make a discussion: What are you must looking forward too in Beta? I really like the those arena things (even though Sandbag Soccer is the only one shown).

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
So I want to know everyone's opinion on the new tier list. I personally think it is very inaccurate, the whoever made the list just skimmed through the basic aspects of each character and did nothing else about it. For example, how did DK rise from the bottom to A tier, even though all this version did for him is nerfing his recovery? Or how about the fact that this list placed zero suit on the S tier, while placing a character as good as Chibi robo on the bottom? Or how about the fact that they described MK to have good range even though characters like Marth and Ichigo completely out ranges him in all of their aerials? I know I will get a lot of hate for this, but we need to atleast have a major tournament before we can rank the characters.

P.s: I also wanted to add that this list is made from a popularity contest, as quoted from the official website itself: "The process to formulate this tier was that each member of had a chance to submit a rankings list, with the characters ranked from best to worst. Each character's rank was then averaged, with the top and bottom rankings for each character excluded to control for outliers."

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
the br members have opinions formulated from tournament results both locally and online tho and also the diversity of the individual opinions kinda averages out to be pretty good

i agree with most of the list tbh

Top Bottom