• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con Announced!

Venom Turtle

Smash Rookie
Don't get it twisted, I'm happy there is a smash con and will be going regardless of PM not being a main event because I am a smash fan. Yes a side tournament is possible, but the PM community is allowed to be upset that they aren't being represented on the main stage as a big contributor to the community.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I got a good idea! Smash 3DS tournament that takes place in the seats of the other tournaments. Waiting for a match to begin is a thing of the past when we have matches going on all the time. And everyone has the option to use their own customs and control schemes without tedious setup.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is awesome, but I admit it is weird seeing a tournament celebrating our love and dedication for the smash series yet not include the game that was born from these very values (PM).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While a Smashcon is intriguing, that fact PM is not included makes me feel like that Nintendo is somehow involved with it which is both a good and a bad thing. As well, while the four official games may be represented - it does not reflect the majority of the community. Anyways, I would be cool if it does well but I don't think it will do as well as people may think.

Last edited:

Nessafile

Smash Apprentice
While a Smashcon is intriguing, that fact PM is not included makes me feel like that Nintendo is somehow involved with it which is both a good and a bad thing. As well, while the four official games may be represented - it does not reflect the majority of the community. Anyways, I would be cool if it does well but I don't think it will do as well as people may think.
super duper this.

also, to people thinking PM doesn't deserve a spot:
it has a community bigger then both 64 and brawl atm while being considered "dead." probably bigger then those to combined. why would you shove a whole following like that aside just because its not official?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
@GimR Please stop saying you're supporting/doing something for the entire smash community when you're clearly excluding one.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Inb4 just because VGBC isn't streaming it doesn't mean PM and other mods and fan games won't have some sort of presence there.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Inb4 just because VGBC isn't streaming it doesn't mean PM and other mods and fan games won't have some sort of presence there.
Hopefully, PM does have some sort of presence but I just get the feeling this event is being backed by Nintendo. Just the...professionalism of it all lol. The website, the rewards, the venue...It looks to being paid and sponsored by Nintendo which means no P:M at the event.

Regardless of how it's looke at, not including SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, SSBPM, SSB4 (Wii u or 3DS) is not including the majority of the community; regardless if one is a mod or not.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
As far as I know, VGBC only announced the event and that they are streaming the official games in the series. Also, only thing I know about the event is that the tournaments for the official games are run by Juggleguy and Nintendude. They never said if VGBC, GimR, Nintendo, or anyone else specific is running the whole convention. While what we know so far may make it seem professionally run, I'm not going to assume this is an officially sponsored by Nintendo event where PM, fan games, and other mods are banned until more information is released. VGBC already said they won't be streaming PM, so I won't expect anything PM related from them. I'm not going to assume the whole convention is run by them unless it's officially stated, so if Project M does have a presence, I won't be expecting VGBC to announce it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
All of you guys getting upset. We have 5 months until this takes place! We don't even know all the details yet. Y'all are gonna look like fools if PM is there or if Nintendo has nothing to do with this.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
All of you guys getting upset. We have 5 months until this takes place! We don't even know all the details yet. Y'all are gonna look like fools if PM is there or if Nintendo has nothing to do with this.
Who's going to remember any of these posts in 5 months if PM is there or if Nintendo has nothing to do with it?

Venom Turtle

Smash Rookie
I'll take looking like a fool for being upset at no PM on announcement if PM is actually there

Last edited:

.alizarin

Smash Apprentice
why would they advertise a big event like this and then just withhold information regarding the inclusion of one of the biggest sections of the smash community lmao

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
why would they advertise a big event like this and then just withhold information regarding the inclusion of one of the biggest sections of the smash community lmao
Because VGBC won't be making any more official statements about PM.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
The thread on reddit got me thinking, is this an event for the community or is it an event for the games. If it's an event for the community first there is no reason for PM to not be represented because they are definitely a part of our scene and have done arguably more work than any of the games I play have done to make and fine tune their game.

If this is for the games and Nintendo like any other con then why was this advertised as a community event when it's obviously Nintendo-first and doesn't align with the majority of the community's views?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
inb4 this becomes another Dashcon
Can people just come out and say PM isn't apart of the smash community or something it feels like it lol atm. I feel like i'm supporting sellouts by attending smash 4 events which i don't wanna do.
Well then shut up and dont go, easy

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hmm? Brawl? But I thought it's worse than Smash-4, so why even allow a mal-feasted game to be able to bestow upon Smas... lol! Couldn't even joke, I was literally laughing. Soon Brawl will be back and we can continue to experiment towards her greatness. #Thequeenreturns

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When we say community, do we just mean the competitive community or are we including the many casuals who love Smash Bros but may not know anything about the competitive scene, this website, or PM? While the majority of people on this site or the reddit would probably know what PM is and has a stance on it, do the majority of people who play the games even go on the sites or know about all the PM talk?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Like, I was totally fine with PM not being at Apex or CEO or anything but this is supposed to be a celebration of the smash community (which I think is an amazing idea) it just hurts to know a game that is bred from that love is excluded. Sends a real sour message of exclusion. We like smash too you know :(

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I'm seriously afraid for PM's future right now. I don't want our game to die, and it looks like that's a serious possibility if things continue at this rate. I'm scared and worried.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
PM isn't a real smash game, it's a mod. This is celebrating smash, so it makes sense to only include actual licensed smash games. I'm okay with the way this is being taken, even though PM is a lot of fun, and interesting to watch.

#BrawlMinusPlzForSSC

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Ooh boy another major tournament on the east coast isn't that just great I'm sure glad they only have tournaments over there god forbid they let the rest of the country join the big leagues thank the lord that never happens that would be atrooocious
---
All location-based saltiness aside, I'm preeetty sure PM will make some sort of appearance. Until I hear Nintendo is sponsoring, I'm not worried about it.

Who knows, maybe they just aren't mentioning PM outright in order to keep Nintendo from snooping around. Nintendo WOULD have plenty of time to intervene if this tournament announced it now, five months from now.

So in my opinion, we should all just keep our mouths shut and wait and see what more comes from this.

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
So we're not allowed to voice displeasure at somethijng? What's the damn point of the forum then? Circlejerking VGBC?
I don't think that's what he's saying. i think what he's trying to say is that don't turn this thread into a PM argument. This has happened before in previous threads.

Top Bottom