• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

Morin0

Smash Lord
Kero will win Apex 2016, but that's because anyone who's good will not be there because they will be going to SSC later that year. :)

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yeah didn't you tell me your goal was to win Apex 2016? Don't be changing it now.
i believe his goal was top 8 apex 2015, top 4 apex 2016, win apex 2017.

this was before none of the japanese confirmed attendance for apex this year, so he changed it to top 4 this year.

Shears

Smash Master

this was before none of the japanese confirmed attendance for apex this year, so he changed it to top 4 this year.
Japanese are coming to Apex 2016? Why? Tell them to go to SSC 2016. SSC > (Apex + ∞)

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice

Who's confirmed so far?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yo if you guys watch the vids from smashcon can you let me know about any bad habits you notice i have??

i've noticed that some times i'll get off the ledge too quickly after grabbing it and be punished or that i'll try to land center stage after using all my kirby jumps just to end up being launched off stage again without an up b

i also tech chase > grab a lot with kirby when tech chase > f smash would be more optimal but idk

a bunch of other little things too but whatever

anyway yeah let me know tho if you guys notice anything

ty

-kero the great

Shears

Smash Master
yo if you guys watch the vids from smashcon can you let me know about any bad habits you notice i have??

i've noticed that some times i'll get off the ledge too quickly after grabbing it and be punished or that i'll try to land center stage after using all my kirby jumps just to end up being launched off stage again without an up b

i also tech chase > grab a lot with kirby when tech chase > f smash would be more optimal but idk

ty

-kero the great
You have a problem of getting triple thundered as highlighted by EvenMatchupGaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-PVzNwuuw

Studstill

Smash Ace

-kero the great
1. Links to Kero Kirby vids?
2. It depends on why you are coming off "too quickly", is it to get a hit, and that is failing/being punished (quick bad choice is still bad choice), or is it just you on autopilot spending as little time anywhere as possible? IMO I almost never drop off the edge to do anything, in 90% of times I`m on the edge the opponent isn`t off the stage anyway, but just Kirby`s <100% getup attack will clear/protect against almost anything and leaves a great end position for reapproach.
3. Again, kinda just a bad thing that happens, I mean, ideally you should just be winning the encounter up high with dropping aerials, winning at edge with over the corner fair/nair/UpB and not trying to avoid it. Center stage is bad for Kirby anyway. If it gets dicey then just use the rock, at the least it will get you down.

f smash IS TOTALLY more optimal
YES. Especially against Falcon, then follow that up with a grab to UpB and you run a sick chance of a kill, and like 60 damage at the least.

-Studstill The Ever-Living

Studstill

Smash Ace
Combo, are you claiming to have never lost to a CPU? Perhaps you need that TA off 3v1 in yo Chiraq life.

Secondly, it was pretty goddamn hilarious, yeah. I can`t believe I didn`t have a mic.

@ Olikus Olikus Not sure why sigs don`t always display, but I assure you friend, I will never forget that post, nor the holy burden it placed on me.

Last edited:

Compatible

Smash Cadet
In your matches you spend most of the time on the ground or below your opponent. If you go back and watch your GF videos with boom, with Kirby he's above you as Pikachu almost the entire time. In your Pikachu dittos, boom out plays you the entire time from the ground level of dreamland.

So I would conclude, that when you try to approach from below or on the ground of dreamland (same level as opponent), you are losing that approach more than 50% of the time. So I would say to try spend more time above your opponent or platform camping.

ty

-kero the great

Last edited:
Top Bottom