• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brother's Infinite Combo Theory

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone on Cape Breton Island!
There is no such thing as an infinite combo! The opponent (eventually) racks up so much damage that he/she ends up above the hits. (trust me, I tested with Link, Young Link, Pikachu, Pichu, and various oter characters with moves like Pikachu's Head Butt and Link's Multistab. The victim just bounced over and behind the attacker. The highest for link is around 847 consecutive hits. [Thank God for my turbo controller])

If you have evidence against this THEORY (I've only partially proven it), please post.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It is possible. Ever heard of ICs infinite grab or Fox/Falco's infinite shine?

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
DID YOU TEST THE WINDMILL OF FURY!?!?!?!?

Perfect Control shows how fox's shine can be a super infinite but thats not possible for a human to do it that fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTcsyee8UJY

^the end of that fight is an example of an infinite drillshine. Theres also stuff like wobbles infinite that, if done perfectly, is impossible to wiggle out of.

(Link's illusion stab isn't an infinite either. You can DI out of that really easily.)

pdk

Smash Lord
you can't be experienced if the thought of the jab combos being infinites even crossed your mind

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
you can't be experienced if the thought of the jab combos being infinites even crossed your mind
Are you escaping to easy with Link pinning you to a wall with rapid, strangely accurate stabs (which act as a blunt instrument rather than a sword) or a yellow mouse constantly ramming your gut? Not to mention, I saw it in a guide that they are the, supposed, infinite.

I got up to 847 with Link, and I'd consider that pretty high. I'd make an exception that waveshining is the only infinite, but with an exception, the rule would not exist. (That'd be true, but the "I" before "E" guys are an exception. >_>) And, thus, my only option is to admit defeat.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Your conception is infinite is all wrong. Infintes cannot be escaped from unless the infinite-er stops the infinite or unless the infinite-ee dies because of the infinite.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Clearly whom ever you were attacking, was CCing. the problem with Link/other chacter's AAA-A[ect] is that they do not continue to hit you in the same place, and can send you up, and away, therefore creating a non infinite situation.. the game designers clearly thought of this when perfecting the game...

Razed

Smash Ace
I mean legit moves. And is it really practical to waveshine into an opponent pinned against a wall until they get to 999%? I'd see it more practical to beat the crap out of em' normally.
Whether it's practical or not is irrelevant to the topic. It's just the fact that you can.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
Your conception is infinite is all wrong. Infintes cannot be escaped from unless the infinite-er stops the infinite or unless the infinite-ee dies because of the infinite.
I already killed this. Besides, so is yours. The only way to die from the infinite is if the attacker stops and pulls a kill move or if your suspended above a cliff as a result of an attack, again, AFTER the attacker stops or the victim escapes, thus I'm lowered to only one condition. To reduce it even further, if it's infinite, it can't be stopped. So, it looks like I'm not dead after all.

If we take a look at the word "infinite combo", it's kinda hard to imagine. When you think about it it's a character doing the same action over and over again into infinity, and since infinity doesn't exist, but is merely a term for an "unlimited amount" or "forever" (again, not real) I believe we should rename it "Trapping".

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
Clearly whom ever you were attacking, was CCing. the problem with Link/other chacter's AAA-A[ect] is that they do not continue to hit you in the same place, and can send you up, and away, therefore creating a non infinite situation.. the game designers clearly thought of this when perfecting the game...
I was in training mode, CPU on Stand, and in four side stabbing though a guy and a wall.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
:grrr: I give up, go on thinking YL's AAA-A is an infinite. I'd seriously love to see someone stupid enough to get caught in it and stay in it until they reach 999%.

P.S. What is the point of putting someone to 999% anyway? Are you going to try that in a tournament?

P.P.S. People don't to infinites to CPUs, they do it to other players, pro or newb.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
:grrr: I give up, go on thinking YL's AAA-A is an infinite. I'd seriously love to see someone stupid enough to get caught in it and stay in it until they reach 999%.

P.S. What is the point of putting someone to 999% anyway? Are you going to try that in a tournament?

P.P.S. People don't to infinites to CPUs, they do it to other players, pro or newb.
Like Razed said up there, it's because we can. And that was but simple testing. The only true reason for using such comboes is to stall or show off, and I admit rapid stabs or headbutts are really nothing compared to some things.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
There is no such thing as an infinite combo! The opponent (eventually) racks up so much damage that he/she ends up above the hits. (trust me, I tested with Link, Young Link, Pikachu, Pichu, and various oter characters with moves like Pikachu's Head Butt and Link's Multistab. The victim just bounced over and behind the attacker. The highest for link is around 847 consecutive hits. [Thank God for my turbo controller])

If you have evidence against this THEORY (I've only partially proven it), please post.
Or the opponent can just DI out, it's not that hard. These aren't the infinites people are talking about here.

greenblob

Smash Lord

Smash Master
Wobbling is infinite. Even if it doesn't register as a combo, there are zero frames in which the player is not in hitstun. There are many two-player infinites where a player grabs.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
what about doubles? ever try grabbing someone and hitting them and then your partner come from the other side and continue to hit them while your still hitting them? anyone ever seen it, as far as i seen, that is an infinite, obviously you need a partner to do it, so its probably inpractical.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
did you seriously make the argument that no combo could literally go on for an infinite amount of time because of the patience of the players or osmething up there and say we should rename the technique? no. they are called infinites because in theory we can do it forever, until time ends, until the disk breaks, until we decide to kill them or we make some horrible mistake and they get free somehow.

its an infinite in theory, in practice perhaps its only a 150% combo to death, but lets not be nitpicking the diction simply because your theory was wrong and your neutral tap a combo isn't quite what is meant when we say infinite combo.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I mean legit moves. And is it really practical to waveshine into an opponent pinned against a wall until they get to 999%? I'd see it more practical to beat the crap out of em' normally.
Is it really practical to jab an opponent against a wall when they can easily escape even at low percents? No.

Is it practical to do very fast inescapable waveshines against a wall, getting easy, guarenteed percent? Yes.

Also, as stated, you obviously didn't consider the windmill of fury.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
While there is no real reason to carry out an infinite to 999%, the point is that it is feasible to initiate a combo that your opponent cannot escape on his/her own.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ness's dtilt is a semi infinte against a wall, best in the slope of the tree on pokemon stage fire.

...but they get out around 300%.

Top Bottom