• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

hugespongebob98

Smash Rookie
what program did you make crusade 0.9 test?. (NOTE) i just a beginner. and i like a hint. how do you create brand new characters to your game by using .BIN files?.

demonceage

Smash Rookie
ok so a phew things
1. lv 1 cpu characters play like lv 8 or 9 cpu characters.
2. ryu's hurricane kick ( ground) is shorter, is that intentional?
3. iv seen cpu's pull of final smashes ( only with phoenix wright, and I think its a fiinal smash.) I cant seem to find a meter for my smash on the screen.
4. pichu feels a little over powered. it seems to be able to duck under some attacks without doing any thing (dodging, ect) he is either to small or the hit box isn't big enough (iv only seen this with ryu's hurricane kick)

these are just some small things that I noticed. great game and its only gotten better. keep it up! :)

Youou01

Smash Rookie
I'm getting a Black screen when trying to load a match. Everything load ok -except some fps lag- but after I pick my Character and stage.. It locks up at a black screen.. Take a look.

Help please

Nvm I got it.

Attachments

Kavex

Smash Rookie
Very interesting project you have here. You guys have come along ways with this game. Ever thought about an HTML5 version. I own GameMaker Studio Pro with the HTML5 support so .gmk can be complied for HTML5. Hit me up if you wish to look into this otherwise I'll be waiting to see what else comes out.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
There's no mac version right?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just curious, what was the inspiration of Pac-Man? Was it the Pac-Man World games (haven't played them)?

Also, wasn't Weegee added for simply a fun joke character?

And finally, how do I pummel? I've tried both the A button and Z Button but neither allowed me to attack a grabbed opponent.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, what was the inspiration of Pac-Man? Was it the Pac-Man World games (haven't played them)?
Yes, along with a few other titles from the series.
Also, wasn't Weegee added for simply a fun joke character?
More or less yeah.
And finally, how do I pummel? I've tried both the A button and Z Button but neither allowed me to attack a grabbed opponent.
Pummel hasn't been added as of the newest public version, but stay tuned - in main 0.9 we have a lot of new features coming up, that will bring the project closer to the original games and make it more entertaining to play.

Also, I would like to mention that every Monday, Wednesday and Friday we release new pictures coming from newest developer versions, often showing new, fresh content! You can view them on our forums and Facebook page.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t2713-super-smash-bros-crusade-dojo-v09
https://www.facebook.com/SSBCrusade

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I downloaded 0.9 test version and this is great!

I noticed this only has one mode just vs can you guys at least add training.Another thing is why are computers so tough compared to the real games?

Also does this support usb controllers?If not any tips to using the keyboard?

Edit:I used joy2key to get this to work but I can't smash because arrow keys are not controller sticks...

Edit2:I found an ok...fix for this,I set pressing in the controller stick to smash so when I tilt to a direction and tilt press it in they smash!If someone can find a way to set the other controller stick to smashes that would be great.

Ch4nKyy

Smash Rookie
I just played Crusade for the first time and I really like it.
You were super creative on the new characters there!

I first tested 0.8.4 and then the 0.9 demo, which already was a huge improvement.
I love that you added wavedashing btw.

My points of criticism:

-The game really needs gamepad support, because of two things.
1) The only software that works for me is XPadder, which is not free. Joy2Key does not detect some triggers and has no dead zones.
2) Only being able to push the directional keys ALL TEH WAY feels and plays not very good.

-The graphics of characters and stages being of very different quality and resolution, makes the game look really strange sometimes.
Like Falco vs Goku.
Also FF Planetcore is much less stress to the eyes than Sonics Chemical Plant Zone.
Improved a bit in 0.9 though!

-Fast fall is way too slow imo.

-I'm really missing the C-Stick. You already provided a dedicated Smash key, so just make it 4 directional keys.

-The clipping of the stages could be a bit more precise. Especially with large characters like Petey you sometimes stand on something, though even your shadow is barely touching surface.

-Game reacting to input, while not being focused.
-Game not reacting to F4 or ESC while being paused.
-ESC killing the game instantly without question.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
You probably know this already but a few moves are weird/unfinished (Gannon's DownB) and there are a fewinfinite recoveries. Samus can Down B forever with distance gained upwards everytime and Wario can jump cancel his bike into another bike, which refreshes his jumps for some reason and lets him jump cancel and bike again for as long as he wants.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just downloaded Crusade V0.9 and played with it an hour or two I'm incredibly impressed!

You managed to nail the envision I'd had for Toad since Melee; A small and fast but strong, yet incredibly frail beatdown character and even managed to include the Propeller Cap without it seeming too odd. Seeing as Sakurai has most likely robbed me of the chance to play as my second favourite Mario character yet again, I honestly cannot thank you enough for making this childhood/teenage dream a reality. A reality that works as well as I'd hoped.

This along with the improvements you've managed to make to Yoshi making him ACTUALLY good and able to combo far better than he's ever managed in the official games means I can actually see myself playing Crusade far more in the future than I do currently with Brawl. I may even hook my laptop up to my TV, get a few PC controllers and play some two player with my buddies.

Admittedly haven't had the time to try out a lot of the rest of the roster, but there's some I'm definitely intrigued by such as Duck Hunt Dog, Pac-Man, Porky, Rayman, Ashley and Petey(never even considered him a possibility). Maybe I can finally see what all the fuss with Ridley is about now.

Cannot wait for the official release and after reading the first page of comments I'm glad you persevered with this project.

The only question I have is(yes, it was inevitable to ask just one): Are there any plans for four player in the foreseeable future? I don't even know if this is a possibility, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Top job!

GigaPichu

Smash Rookie
Woah Woah this is my first post on this board even though im the head Spriter woah woah.

I decided to post because I was reading the past messages and geez what a mess this game started as woah.

Slissith

Smash Cadet
Woah Woah this is my first post on this board even though im the head Spriter woah woah.

I decided to post because I was reading the past messages and geez what a mess this game started as woah.

Hahahahaha!

Tell me about it!

This thread is, like you said, a museum...! t's kinda weird looking back and seeing all the stages of game development, especially since they reflect a corresponding, past condition of the community. This is why I like reading this thread from time to time myself.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
I wanna quote the people who said that this was fake or that it wouldn't happen but they're all inactive now :(

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sweet! Hey, when do you think v.09 will be released? Is it this month, or am I completely wrong?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
hello crusade team. don't you mind i use Super Smash Bros Crusade 0.2 to make my smash bros game please.
They already told you that you can't use their game. And I've seen your MUGEN creations and if you can't even make a single decent character with the slightest amount of effort there is no way you'll make a Smash fan game that is remotely playable (even if Project Crusade gave you their game).

Stop pestering them.

Top Bottom