• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
the bug only happens if capsules are on but no other items are; since no item can pop out, it goes straight to the random chance of exploding and lags the game from trying to load an item that isn't turned on

turn on a bunch of items to fix it and make absolutely sure you're playing 0.8.4

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Maybe i did something wrong when i was downloading it. Maybe you guys should see if it is still not fixed.:c

LeTruce

Smash Rookie
Sooo, i changed the keys in the controls.txt but it doesn't work. What could I probably do wrong?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
This does not have anything to do with crusade but,man i wish the people who are making SSF2 could make it so you could insert your music in the game.:c How do you make Ogg file formats for music like how there are in Super Smash Bros Crusade? So like how when the music plays while you are on a stage the music does not stop and then start again.

Sean909

Smash Rookie
it is ive played it and i want to help but who do i contact to talk to about i have lots of time i can try spriting and bug testing

Sean909

Smash Rookie
i think you should put a woody woodpecker sprite im trying to make a rough draft of one right now

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
Are there going to be alternate costumes in the game? I was just looking at dettadeus's sprites of pichu. :)

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
Hey.
I have a Mac.
I also have Game Maker for Mac.
If you send me the gmk file, I could make a Mac version of the game.
I'd understand if you didn't trust me to do that though.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
we've been aiming for fast gameplay, dunno what you mean about unruly though
Well, the problem is that I'm always running, which, to me, makes its more common to overshoot things. I tend to miss my target by one pixel away, and I easily get counterattacked because of it.

I also, no mater how much, how hard I try, CANNOT dodge those damn bumpers in the Break The Targets section.

Maybe I just gotten too use to SSF2. Maybe I just suck in general.

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it possible to make a double-tap to dash? That would solve catdog's problems.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind seeing it as an option, though. Double tapping is a bit annoying to me, but if it's an option like melee/brawl air dodges, it would help people like ACB.

Also, hey guys.

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
Same here. I like double tapping, but I wouldn't want to thrust it on anyone else. I'd suggest making it an option.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
the main issue right now is we already had to do like 6 or 7 new animations for every existing character, and to add walking we'd need yet another one for every one of our 50 or so characters already competed.

and we never removed double tapping on the keyboard, it never was added in the first place.

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
It's easy to add a walking animation. Just use the current running animation for walking, and double the image_speed for the running.
It might be a bit tedious, but that goes for everything you could ever add to 50+ characters.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
that's the laziest and dumbest fix for something i've seen suggested in a long time

walking never looks like running. there's always a different animation.

except kind of game&watch but he did lean forward/backward more in his run than his walk

Soldiershak

Smash Rookie
Just a question. Before I ask I'll warn you that this may be a SPOILER if you want the next version to be 100% a surprise. So SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
I saw a Facebook post by you guys (SSBC), and in it you mentioned that the new version will have 6 players. My question is: will all player slots be playable locally, or will it be like the current version where it's only possible to play as 2 players locally while the 3rd and 4th players are CPU? I'm asking because I'd like to play with my friends locally, all 4 of them. Thank you in advance.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this is Smash King. I'm one of the Admins on the Crusade Forum.

The Crusade Character DLC Poll has been redone in favor for a more organized Poll.

Many new members & familiar faces have voted to let their voices heard about who they want to see in Crusade DLC in the future.

Here is the Crusade DLC Poll. As you can see, the public is able to see who is winning the DLC Poll as we speak.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1700-official-crusadlc-character-poll

Sign up on our forum today for the chance to submit your votes and get your 16 choices of characters the opportunity to be playable in Crusade in the future.

It only takes 5 minutes of your time

rifall

Smash Cadet
USB Controllers

Will this work with USB controllers? I've tried smash flash and smash flash 2. They both are horrendously suckish, and a big factor is the inability to use a USB controller. Knockback on random moves was way too high. Seriously, in Smash Flash, I would be fighting and owning, while taking 1 or 2 hits here and there. Then, suddenly, at 50%, my opponent throws out a jab and I go flying off the stage.

This looks a lot better though since it's NOT MADE WITH FLASH. And although I mostly disagree with a lot of random 3rd parties, I can understand the desire too, as long as it doesn't take up half the effing roster.

Anyway, I wish you guys the best. And it's cool to see the features you've already added like movesets as full as they are in official smash games, final smash gauge, and custom music.

Although, this is still miles away from taking me away from Project M.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
sounds to me like you played smash flash 1 twice

(also use joy2key for ssf2 + usb controller. adobe's fault not ours)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Err... You can download it on the front page.

Unless you're talking about the source file in which, yeah, that's not happening.

Top Bottom