• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Lulz, taking all i say seriously xD

Edit: Double lulz, i think is easier if you psot both images ont he forum than bringing the forum here XDDDDD

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
a wild dgn appeared

I personally perfer Neron's. Mainly because of perspective, and because in felipe's the banner that says "Gotta catch em' All!" doesn't really fit.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
a wild dgn appeared

I personally perfer Neron's. Mainly because of perspective, and because in felipe's the banner that says "Gotta catch em' All!" doesn't really fit.
O-o

*Walking sloooowly away*

xD

Edit: generi, the perspective is the same. i used the same Vanishing point than neron

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
O-o

*Walking sloooowly away*

xD

Edit: generi, the perspective is the same. i used the same Vanishing point than neron
Ah, so it's ripped. THAT'S why it doesn't fit. Sounds similar to the Fourside that the devs accepted for some reason.

And the perspective is not the same. Neron's is a bit more......less slanted, I guess?

.....and it's not my call to say anything, but since felipe is banned there, I don't think he should be allowed to post in this thread.....just sayin'

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ah, so it's ripped. THAT'S why it doesn't fit. Sounds similar to the Fourside that the devs accepted for some reason.

And the perspective is not the same. Neron's is a bit more......less slanted, I guess?

.....and it's not my call to say anything, but since felipe is banned there, I don't think he should be allowed to post in this thread.....just sayin'
LOL Ask a mod here if he can ban me LOL

No, neron's perspetive is the same as mine, we both used the same vanishing point. The diference is, my left building is lowe than him, like in the original SSB 64.

Generic , i think you dont want details on the stage no? I created a replica of the original one and you sayd it doesnt fit XPPPP

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Here's a brilliant idea: Stop arguing about it here, or at all if possible.

Felipe, all you're doing at the moment is pissing someone off who just wanted to help. If that's the way you're going to act then I don't know why the devs even accept your help in the first place.

Btw, personally I prefer NeronZ's. Mainly because the background looks better, IMO.

EDIT: Also, I have to ask that, in the future, people not post pictures or videos with modified versions of Crusade in them. It's against the rules on our forum, but since those don't apply here all I can do is kindly ask not to do it. We don't really want people seeing screenshots in this thread and finding that something they saw isn't in the game.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Waluigi infinite??? I have never noticed it (i know about Lucas side-b infinite and Krystal down b infinite)

I think is 1 frame .

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Waluigi downb on the ground, it's an infinite as far as I know.

Powershielding needs to be slightly less strict, 1 frame is ridiculous. like 3-4 frames would be better.

DBZ4LIFE

Smash Rookie
Characters you should add.

I think you should add Naruto, Ichigo, Sasuke, Ulquiorra, Vegeta, Gohan, Grimmjow, Ganondorf, Ike, Kakashi and Monkey D. Luffy. Just a suggestion and I hope you do take it.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think you should add Naruto, Ichigo, Sasuke, Ulquiorra, Vegeta, Gohan, Grimmjow, Ganondorf, Ike, Kakashi and Monkey D. Luffy. Just a suggestion and I hope you do take it.
In order:
No.
No.
No idea who that is but he sounds like an anime character so no.
No.
No.
No.
Sprites need to be finished.
Sprites need to be made.
No.
No.

It would be nice if people read the OP before posting suggestions. It specifically states that Goku is - and will be - the ONLY anime character in the game.

Also ignore Felipe because he didn't know how we made the tier list for 0.6. Hint: It doesn't take Crusade Cancel into account in the least.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
By the same logic ignore dettadeus, he is saying a technique that can be performed for every character (making some of thems broken/good (LUIGI, lucario,ryu,megaman etc) ) doesn't need to be include on a tier list (is like to say wavedash is not a factor on melee tier list xPPPP)

Crusade doesn't have a "Official" tier list (We dont even have a BR). We dont have a Tournament ruleset either, and 0.7 is coming otu so,for the moment, luigi is broken and it makes him the best character of the game.

PD: you cant ignore CC. Even if anybody else use it is still on the game and can be performed by everyone.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
It can and will be ignored not matter how many times you post it and how many places you post it. Falcon removed it specifically because it was broken. It's not like wavedashing, because a) Wavedashing wasn't removed for being broken and b) Melee and Brawl are two different, finished games. Is there even anyone else besides you that uses it, btw?

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Really? Why's that? I know he's good, but I think Goku's better overall in 0.6 just because of the range advantage.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
No, Fox ***** goku in all the imaginable forms. Goku have broken moves (uair and kamehameha wtf seriously falcon the hell you were thinking XD9 but is easily gimpable. AND fox is the character with best edgeguard of the entire game. Dair doesnt have starting lag, it can kill almost any character on 0%

Btw, i am preparing a combo video.

DURPHURP ensane. No, nobody uses it, but it doesnt mean is not there. You cannot cover the sun with a finger and say is not there.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it isn't there. I'm saying it's as irrelevant as MK's infinite cape.

I'm not saying Goku beats Fox. I'm saying goku is better overall. (In fact, that's exactly what I said).

When you have an easily gimpable character, you recover high, like Snake. Also Fox's dair isn't safe enough on shield for my liking.

In addition, I'm affording you some manner of respect. Please dont "DURPHURP" then complain about people being hostile towards you.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
is not irrelevant. Mk infinite cape can be performed by.... Mk xP Crusade Cancel can be eprformed for every character of Crusade. is a general AT.

Goku is a good character but is not better overall. he haves a BAD recovery. Lets take for example, SSB 64 Dk. he had Good grabs and great aerials, but he was too big (Goku is huge) and his recovery was poor (Goku).

Wut???? A gimpable character is a character with a poor recovery, like goku and bomberban or link. Fox can destroy them with a dair as a edgeguard, inf act, try this, back trow near a ledge + dair. is an insta Ko again them

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Infinite cape is one character, true. It's banned for being broken.
CC is every character. Logically it should be even more banned, if that were possible. Just being a general AT doesn't mean it's not broken. You've even mentioned it's broken yourself several times. Are you saying broken glitches shouldn't be removed/banned?

Goku and 64 DK is not a good comparison imo. If 64 DK had abusable projectiles, quick attacks, and a slightly better recovery, then I could see the similarities better. Also, while we're on the subject, I have to say I feel bad for Bomber man sometimes for having what's arguably the worst recovery in Smash history.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
By the same logic ignore dettadeus, he is saying a technique that can be performed for every character (making some of thems broken/good (LUIGI, lucario,ryu,megaman etc) ) doesn't need to be include on a tier list (is like to say wavedash is not a factor on melee tier list xPPPP)
Like Ensane said, we're counting it as banned, just like Meta Knight's infinite cape glitch in Brawl. Therefore it has no effect on tier list placements. Speaking of which...

Crusade doesn't have a "Official" tier list (We dont even have a BR). We dont have a Tournament ruleset either, and 0.7 is coming otu so,for the moment, luigi is broken and it makes him the best character of the game.
As a matter of fact, we DO have an official tier list.

PD: you cant ignore CC. Even if anybody else use it is still on the game and can be performed by everyone.
We can ignore Crusade Cancel because nobody but you and Lionman uses it and it would be banned from tournament-style matches anyways. This is a matter that everyone besides you is in agreement on.

About Goku: Spammable projectile, projectile with near-infinite range and high priority, multiple spikes and speed. Yes, Fox has a good matchup against Goku, but Goku is still better overall.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah, i am not against the removal of Crusade Cancel, it needs to be removed. But currently we are playing 0.6, not 0.7. For 0.6, crusade cancel is there, and we can do nothign about it.

yeah, i dont know why bomberman is so high on the "Official" tier list, imo fox (luigi, for being broken XD) need to be top tier, along with goku and some others.

EDIT: yeah :D!!!! Finished the combo video with vegas. Now is rendering (it have mods so, i will post it here in the meanwhile. I will try tog et a special permission to psot it on forums xD)

EDIT: lulz didnt see your post.

that tier lsit is innacurate in a lot of points. 0.6 doesnt have a official tier lsit for the moment, and it will never have one (the CBR will be created for 0.7)

no, goku is still not better for his recovery. he is Gimpable as hell. he can die on 0%. kamehameha is spammable, true. But it haves a high startup time. he have to camp it. and there is a lto fo character that are faster than goku. Fox is overal better than goku.

- Better recovery
- Combos (Goku doesnt have true combos, all hsi attacks have a high hitstun)
- Better Grabs

EDIT: You cannot count something as banned if the game is not played at tournaments.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
The thing we can/did do about it is ban it. It's the same approach taken with other things that shouldn't be in competitive play, such as items and certain stages.

I also don't think Bomberman should be that high. He seems to have too many problems that would keep him out of the top. The only thing I think is keeping Fox out of top tier is that the lasers lack hitstun. I think he's good tied with MK.

Can someone tell me why Ryu is so high? He seems to be too slow to me, even with his range/power. Hadoken is 100% safe on shield from what I've seen, as Ryu has quite a bit of lag from it.

Felipe, why not just record with a fresh download? Seems it would be easier imo. Just curious are they not allowing you to post downloads to your mods? I think they just want people to not confuse them with the default thing ingame. If there were a section on the forums for it, I would download some. Or maybe there is and I missed it. XD

EDIT: Sure you can, just by general consensus since there's no BR yet. Or you could take programmer's blessing as a reason instead if you prefer.

Also, of course you have to camp Kamehameha. That's true of most projectiles.
Being gimpable alone doesn't make him not better. Think Brawl Diddy vs D3. Or Ice Climbers and almost everyone. XD

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Some of the combos i had were pretty brutal (i recorded them long ago on modded stages) and i thing i cant replicate them XPPP (For example, i did a uair to weak knew to Spike Dair with falcon to a link XDDDD. i did a 0 to death combo to a goku too.)

yeah, i always thought it was hilarious how the mdos are banned and the downlaod for the mdos is still up on the stages sub forums XD

EDIT: bomberman is bad. Pretty bad. i dont know why he is so high (Zeldasmash main him, i think thats the reason XP)

EDIT 2: Uploading video :D

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Soon to be edit 3: Why was I banned again?!?!?!?!

Felipe, compare Crusade 0.6 and Brawl for a moment. Infinite Cape Glitch is banned in tournaments for Brawl. Therefore we can ban Crusade Cancel, ESPECIALLY since it's going to be gone in the next update. Do you think Meta Knight will still be able to do that in SSB4? I don't.

Had people payed attention to the tier list discussions, then there would be less confusion. We DID actually have them, and Falcon agrees that the tier lists are very accurate. Each character is where they are for a reason.

And on the spammable projectile, I wasn't talking about Kamehameha, I was talking about his Ki Blasts.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ki blast is a bad attack. You can nair them or even jab them to cancel them, they have low priority.

i am not going to post it on Forums :3 (Except if i get a special permission XD)

ok, lets ignore crusade cancel. My current top tier (Fox, metaknight, goku) doesnt loose anything from it XP

Edit: Ensane, in brawl there is no thing called a"bottom stage dead" xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

well, except for link. Almost every character can get back safely.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Det, Falcon said Bomberman was overrated as well. :p Just sayin'.

I was talking about Ki Blasts as well, but Kamehameha isn't far behind in terms of usefulness.

@Felipe: Please tell me you didn't just upload a video with a custom stage.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I did, but i am not going to post it on the forums. They cant ban me for upload a video to me account (obviously if i post it on the forums i am going to get banned, but thats not happening (Until i get falcon permission XD))

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Ki blast is a bad attack. You can nair them or even jab them to cancel them, they have low priority.

i am not going to post it on Forums :3 (Except if i get a special permission XD)

ok, lets ignore crusade cancel. My current top tier (Fox, metaknight, goku) doesnt loose anything from it XP

Edit: Ensane, in brawl there is no thing called a"bottom stage dead" xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

well, except for link. Almost every character can get back safely.
What do you mean? It sounds like some bad Melee superiority thing. (not saying you're doing it, it's just similar).

If even expert players in national tournaments get gimped, yes there is gimping in Brawl. >_>

EDIT: Also I didn't know that about Ki Blast. Do you have specifics on who can and can't jab them? I thought projectiles in general couldn't be jabbed in Crusade.

Also, can you and Det get on the chat atm?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Fox laser for example, ahve a trascendental hitbox, thats means it cant tie , it always hit. Goku projectiles are just standard hitbox, they can tie, (yah, even kamehameha, but his priority is jsut too high xP)

I will experiment with that.

No, i mean, by gimped i am refering to get killed at low percentages.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That reminds me: Goku can't die at 0%. He'd have to jump off the stage. :p

And I've cancelled out Kamehameha with Krystal's N-Air once.

And like I said, Falcon is NOT going to give you permission. >_>

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Modded Stages
« Message sent on May 28, 2011, 10:36am »
Felipe, someone reported a post you made because it contained a video with a modified version on our Final Destination. I'm not going to give you any warning points, but I'll say that some people are anal about those modded stages. I personally don't care, but please don't post any more of them just so the other devs/moderators don't blow up.

oh btw, quoting my forums psot:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh **** FALCON YOU HAVE TO FIX THIS INMEDIATELY

YOUNG LINK AND WARIO HAVE INFINITE RECOVERYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y link: Do an up b, then, rpess down b and jump At the same time. then do a upb and repeat

Wario: press press side b and jump at the same time. keep doing it XP
EDIT: 98% :D

EDIT 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEsdPuosyd4

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, the Fox throw to dair gimp sounds like Falco's chaingrab to spike, but more situational. Good, but not making him top tier by itself. I think his reflector has more bearing on his placement, to be honest.

EDIT: I like the vid. I'm ignoring all the CC parts, though (you know why, no hard feelings). I'd just recommend more low % combos and more combos with Fox that don't involve dair, though I love it's use in gimping as it does take some precision. Do you know if Fox's reflect to reflect is a true combo or just a very tight string? I wish I could test atm.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hmm, the Fox throw to dair gimp sounds like Falco's chaingrab to spike, but more situational. Good, but not making him top tier by itself. I think his reflector has more bearing on his placement, to be honest.
less situational, Falco dair is a finisher, fox dair is a combo move, you can do Dtrown > Dair > D trown > Dair > Dtrown > Dair to 60%. you can put some shines in the middle. Fox is top tier because all of his moves can combo ina nother move. you can do shine to:

-Upsmash
-Fsmash
-Dsmash
-Shine
-Dair
-grab
-Dtilt
-Utilt
-Ftilt
-Uair
-nair
-bair

Edit: yeah, is a true combo (you have to be fast), look at the Ryu combo combo meter (lol). I used crusade cancel only 2 times xD (For the shield break, i think that was amazing because it was sync with the music XDDDD), for the luigi combo and 1 just for the lulz with fox up b.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Oh, you misunderstood; I didn't mean Fox's dair in general ( I agree that it's a great move, albeit a bit predictable).

I meant that Fox's throw to dair gimp on some characters is more situational than Falco's chaingrab to dair gimp.

I think Fox's dair is like MK's shuttle loop. A great move to throw out, but predictable at times and not the safest move when shielded.

Top Bottom