• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Super SmasherLink

Smash Rookie
Hey, Phantom7, I want to make a game, close to Brawl, and matter is that I want to team up with you guys, and help you with Crusade, then make Super Smash Bros. Ultimania. PM me for more details.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Hey Phantom, remember when we spoke about random selections?I have got in similar situation like you : Toad VS. Toad VS. Meta Knight VS. Meta Knight....
BTW SonicTHDark, can you at least remove the "Shingo Takei" from the background???Down in the right corner, first picture (only noticeable on the first one)...Let me guess, you just downloaded an wallpaper from net, right?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
k, I haven't worked on sprites much lately (finals week :/) but I have done a tiny bit of work on Robboto Monogatari, and I decided to make a preview of a few things for you guys to see.
so far I have running and the forward smash usable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6izJqOnLcF0
this is pretty much what the animations should look like in Crusade, but feel free to change stuff like the range on the f-smash.

I don't intend the f-smash to be so spammable that you could make a "R.O.B. MOB" though. I haven't put a limit in yet.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
yo, that's a terrible spam move. if that was possible to do in the game i would be mad
as I said, i haven't put a limit in yet. That's just to show how the attack would look like, and I didn't want to post a five second video cause that would be boring. The animation would at the very least have to finish before the next attack would be carried out, just like with everyone else.
around 0:35 is a good example of how one f-smash would look.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I like how it looks, but you forgot one sprite: the smash charge, don't you think so?I didn't saw it on the last sprite sheet you posted...
oh. thanks, forgot about that! think I'll go do that now.

EDIT: on second though, i'll just do the color change part and the position, since you guys have the little star thing.

EDIT AGAIN: done. i'll post it the next time I post a preview. I assume you guys will do the flashing-star thing?

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Hullo, thar.
I'm the dojo creator.
smashcrusade.webs.com
I felt i should join.
@12347: Wait, aren't you red on the SSBC forums?
@dettadeus: Wow, those sprites are amazing.
I kind of think that he should replace Rob, heh.
He seems worthy.
Though his side smash seems to go too far. Could you fix it?
The ranges generally seem to be small.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@dettadeus: Wow, those sprites are amazing.
I kind of think that he should replace Rob, heh.
He seems worthy.
Though his side smash seems to go too far. Could you fix it?
The ranges generally seem to be small.
well, i just drag-and-dropped in GM-Lite and had it create a moving instance (the R.O.B). In the frame-by-frame preview it showed that the R.O.B. is actually supposed to stop when it crouches, then leap forward.
To be honest, I haven't used game maker since v5, and have yet to learn GML.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
oh. thanks, forgot about that! think I'll go do that now.

EDIT: on second though, i'll just do the color change part and the position, since you guys have the little star thing.

EDIT AGAIN: done. i'll post it the next time I post a preview. I assume you guys will do the flashing-star thing?
You're welcome!!! And I'm glad to help... :grin: :grin: :grin:

EDIT: Well, tomorrow comes the new demo...I can't wait!!!With Lucas, Namek, And hopefully, Saki, Lucario, Bramble Blast, other new planned stages and a few new modes...

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You can't, you must get a separate program.

Joy2key or something, I don't really know the name.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
yeah like i said use xpadder it's the.............omg..........its December 20th today.................that means...........tommorow is the 21st, which means.........NEW CRUSADE DEMO!!!!!

C'mon, BLUE FALCON PAWWNCH!!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i installed the software it came with, and I can play crusade with it now, but I can't do diagonal directions. not helpful when i'm playing as Fox...

i'll take a look at xpadder then.

EDIT: Combined the software the controller came with with joy2key, works perfectly now. Just gotta get used to the new config :p

dettadeus

Smash Lord
ok, new question for someone who's familiar with joy2key: how do I get the "left", "right", "up" and "down" things on the config to be the d-pad, not the left analog? I restarted my computer and it screwed something up.

EDIT: never mind. I have no idea how this worked, but I made the profile in both programs, and it suddenly decided to do exactly what I wanted it to do.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
lol.
nah, it's a picture of the ancient minister trophy with the space background. Might change it to something with my A.M. sprites when I finish them.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
You call this an hour? *sigh* I'm waiting for it all day...:urg:
It all depends on the time zones.
Falcon lives in the eastern time zone. Which is where I live.
It's 11:40 right now.
I bet he'll upload it at 12:00.
Either that, or he's doing it right now.
Some files take a long time to upload.

Top Bottom