• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Some advice about the game. On Snow Cap Zone and Foursides I have noticed computers will get locked with one jumping and another just standing there. They will not fight and you have to push esc to exit game.

Also, is there a way to exit a match without pushing esc?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pause the game, press F3, press enter to quit match.
Thanks. Yeah, I have noticed the game gets stuck when your down to two AIs on certain levels. Super Flash 2 has same problem with AI bug where they stop moving for awhile.

On DLC Content, is Prince Fluff on the poll, how do I vote on it? I would like Prince Fluff/Yarn Kirby

MVP

Smash Ace
alright, this is a really dumb question:

But how do you play with the keyboard???? i just got the game and i don't know how to even control the menu

also, can this be played with GGC?

EDIT: k i found the controls, but how to i start a match?? there's no start button

dettadeus

Smash Lord
press enter when you've selected the characters, then press your attack input while hovering over a stage

if you have the proper converter, you can play on a controller by using a program such as Joy2Key or Xpadder (the latter works better for Game Cube Controllers, I've heard)

also you can change your controls in the options menu

MVP

Smash Ace
k cool

another question? i don't have an adapter, so can you moonwalk and use the c-stick with the adapter (GGC)? otherwise its not worth it to me to buy one

EDIT: is the online direct IP or can i just join someone?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
There's no moonwalking..? but the C-Stick is usable if you use Xpadder to map your controller inputs.
Unless you port-forward, Online mode requires the use of another program called Hamachi.

volbound1700

Smash Master
When will the next version with new chars be released? Not meaning to sound needy, just wanted to know when I should check back to dl :).

MVP

Smash Ace
do i have to pay for Xpadder??? i thought it was free??

do i have to use Xpadder if i wanna use a GGC?

(sorry for all these questions, i'm new to this sort of thing)

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
MVP why don't you use a normal gamepad and use joy2key? that one is free for sure. (even if the message 'thanks for using but your time is over please pay' pops up you can close that one and still use it. it comes every month or so...) i use it since it came out and i love it. it helped me a lot with games which don't support most game pads (like sonic generations and it's quick step bug -.- or the first days after the release of sonic and all-stars racing)...

MVP

Smash Ace
i
MVP why don't you use a normal gamepad and use joy2key? that one is free for sure. (even if the message 'thanks for using but your time is over please pay' pops up you can close that one and still use it. it comes every month or so...) i use it since it came out and i love it. it helped me a lot with games which don't support most game pads (like sonic generations and it's quick step bug -.- or the first days after the release of sonic and all-stars racing)...

i'll try it out and see what happens. thank you

MVP

Smash Ace
i'm having trouble connecting/configuring joy2key to ssbc (idk how). My adapter is in but i don't know how to configure it then connect it to ssbc

help plz

EDIT: how should my joystick1 settings look like?

K i think i got the joysticks to work.

IDK how to get the c-stick though with joy2key, and help?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
so at Zenith i got to play crusade. From what i saw at Apex and what i played at Zenith, it looks great!
But now i dont want to play 0.8.4 bcuz 0.9 was so awesome

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I remember seeing some post/thread with a whole bunch of Crusade stage skins a while back. Does anybody remember where that is?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You can follow this link to find out when .9 comes out. (saved you the trouble, dettadeus)

really? REALLY?

Rickroll died a tragic death back in 2008. No one with a brain and common sense still uses that meme.

On topic: We're obviously aren't getting 0.9 before the Smash 4 reveal this Tuesday but Crusade is thankfully a wonderful substitute while I wait for Smash 4 to come out.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
As a heads up, 0.9 has wavedashing which makes the game sooooo much more fun than it already is lol. I just wanna wavedash again and I'll be happy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing footage and screen shots of Animal Crossing Villager in Smash 4, it's clear that Balloon Fighter, my MOST wanted character, is not going to be in the game. So I'm glad you guys have planned to put him in Crusade. Thank you!

Question: When Smash 4 is out, are you going to update Crusade with some of its new stuff? If not I can completely understand (after all, you already have a crap load of characters in your game.)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
there will be a demo when there's a demo; it's not in a state where we can comfortably release it publicly yet, however another updated version will be available to play at Keitaro's SKTAR2 (i dunno if we actually are a side event or not, but we were offered a spot as one iirc)

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
there will be a demo when there's a demo; it's not in a state where we can comfortably release it publicly yet, however another updated version will be available to play at Keitaro's SKTAR2 (i dunno if we actually are a side event or not, but we were offered a spot as one iirc)
I think he meant Zenith footage

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just in case no one goes to Crusade's Facebook page here's a picture they uploaded yesterday:

We hope everyone is excited for the coming demo! Also, here's an extra tidbit: These aren't even the only the new characters you'll be seeing in the demo!
So we are being promised at least 15 characters in the next demo. We obviously have the 8 characters that were shown off at APEX a few months ago (Ganondorf, Pichu, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Petey Piranha, Ashley, Snivy, & Phoenix Wright) plus 6 more silhouettes as well as promising even more than those. Here are my guesses at the 6 silhouettes:

Bowser
Pikmin & Olimar
Tingle
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Crash Bandicoot

And seeing them posting this new preview and hyping to expect more, you guys are making it sound like the wait for the demo isn't much longer now (or am I wrong?) Either way, can not wait!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nice! I'm hoping wave dashing will be in this demo. No joke I really think it makes the game twice as fun.

Top Bottom