• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade Told Not To Stream During Apex 2015

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
This isn't exactly news, technically ssf2 was asked not to stream as well but they got around it somehow.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I don't think an Apex 2015 sponsorship was a good idea.

We gave up PM so we could get more setups for a non-developed metagame.

Whoever decided to put $2,500 towards the pot of SSB4 is insane.

competitive smash probably shouldn't be affliated with nintendo, because sakurai is affliated with nintendo.

Sakurai just doesn't understand what competitive means.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Ah, yes. The age old question of "who owns Crash Bandicoot, and why are they ignoring him?"
Activision owns crash now, and I think COD is the reason they ignoring him.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Is this game balanced out and stuff? I've never seen high level play for it so it would have been interesting...

everyone in the game sorta has something to balance themselves out.
but the abundance in character variety means more mus to learn = resident sleeper.

i dont really care all too much (or at all) about this game because ness sucks in it.

Stormfury12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
everyone in the game sorta has something to balance themselves out.
but the abundance in character variety means more mus to learn = resident sleeper.

i dont really care all too much (or at all) about this game because ness sucks in it.
I've played it before and stuff, but I never took it very seriously. I mean its a very well made fan game I'll give it that but i don't necessarily see it lifting off or being a worth while investment like Melee, PM, or 4....

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Probably go pulled because of all the 3rd party characters, don't blame them copyright is a *****.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Shame. Didn't even knew Crusade was in. Aside from the air dodge being better than most recoveries last time I played, it was a fun game.
Ridley was ridiculous though. He was like, twice Ryu's height. Felt like a giant hurtbox.

Anyway, maybe someone could record it and stream it later.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This saddens me. Super Smash Bros. Crusade (& Super Smash Flash 2) streams/news are my most favorite reasons to watch APEX.

Still very curious why SSF2 wasn't a victim in this either.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

competitive smash probably shouldn't be affliated with nintendo, because sakurai is affliated with nintendo.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Project Crusade has never done tournaments for their game in any of their APEX appearances. They use APEX to show off the new upcoming demo.

And I fail to see who Nintendo supporting 64, MELEE, Brawl, AND Wii U (FOUR Super Smash Bros. games right there) at this APEX this concludes to "not being competitive"

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

I would argue that while the competitive crowd is very passionate about the series, they don't understand Smash Bros. Sakurai specifically designed it with the intention of it being excess-able to everyone without the unnecessary components of other fighting games. Sakurai suggested you play those games when you want a competitive fighting game to play, not Smash Bros.
While one could can argue whether or not Smash can be competitive (and it could to an extent) it's a separate idea entirely as to whether it should be treated as one when it was conceived specifically to not.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
What? Why?
My best guess is Nintendo saw the game. "Porkey? Ridley? ****ING WEGEE? WHO THE **** ARETHESE CLOWNS GET EM OUT OF HERE!"
Sucks for the Crusade guys though. Pretty dumb that they can't stream yet SSF2 can.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
But SSF2 gets to stream when they have like 3 anime characters.
Yes, because neither Funimation, Toei, Shōnen Jump, or anyone who has any power over them have forbid them to.

Rayman, Crash, etc. are not owned by Funi, etc.
Different companies make different decisions about the different IPs that they have control over.

I suspect that Ubisoft (Rayman's owner) in particular is responsible for this because they haven't made smart decisions about... well, anything lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom