• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch 1.2.0 Released

Patch_is_out.jpg

Today, Patch 1.2.0 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was released, notably two days after the patch’s announcement on December 11th, 2018.

Patch 1.2.0 includes:
  • Game balance alterations
  • Adjustments to challenger difficulty
  • Better communication between systems in arenas
  • Changes to preferred rulesets
Your preferences for online matchmaking are said to have higher priority, so you should be more likely to find a match with the ruleset you want, however the patch notes also state it might take a little longer than usual to find matches now. There were also multiple fighters noted as having been changed, these characters being:
  • Donkey Kong
  • Link
  • Kirby
  • Luigi
  • Ice Climbers
  • Young Link
  • Olimar
  • Toon Link
  • Villager
  • Greninja
  • Pac-Man
  • Duck Hunt
  • Isabelle
We don’t know what changes these characters got or if they have been nerfed or buffed, but you can keep up with the changes as the community finds them on the patch notes thread.

Author’s Note: Are you like the author and are happy to see that the system for preferred rulesets has changed? Please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Did you know if the Patch Notes AI changes affected in some way World of Light?

Last edited:
That was quite fast for game fixes.

It's a shame they didn't fix the multi-hit linking bugs for certain aerial attacks. I guess if we do get true buffs/nerfs they will be in February.

Did you know if the Patch Notes AI changes affected in some way World of Light?
The patch notes aren't super detailed. There could be some World of Light gameplay changes based off of these nonspecific bullet points:
– Game balance adjustments.
– Various gameplay fixes.

Last edited:
What they really need to patch is the difficulty for the more rare the spirits. From the actual difficulty to the shooting challenging after. It's ridiculously tough

This is good news for me! (now I can get the harder characters faster now without having to do World of Light)!

(Hopefully they don't pull a Smash Wii U move where the A.I. is the same high level for all Unlock fights).

D
"But I guess Sakurai just does what he wants."

Source Gaming on the latest Famitsu article said:
This time, Sakurai left balancing completely to the balancing team. He wasn't involved in adjusting parameters at all.
Yeah, stop being that shill that blames Sakurai for everything.

Top Bottom