• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Demos Playable at Best Buy

Smash_Ultimate_Best_Buy.png

On Tuesday, September 4th, 2018, Best Buy officially announced that certain Best Buy stores in the US will have playable Super Smash Bros. Ultimate demos available on various weekends from September 8th to October 7th. This is the first time a retailer will have an Ultimate demo before the game launches on December 7th, 2018.

This information won’t come as a surprise to everyone, as a similar announcement was accidentally posted earlier this month on Best Buy’s official website and was noticed by fans before being taken down. This latest announcement seems to be the real deal, however, as Best Buy’s official Twitter account posted the news as well.

If you want to know whether or not any of these lucky Best Buy stores are close to you, check out Best Buy’s page for the locations along with the exact times that store will have the Ultimate demos ready.

Author’s Note: Are you interested in going to any of these events, or are you in the same boat as Zero Soul and live nowhere near any of these Best Buys? Let us know in the comments!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

D
I heard they will be giving out prizes and rewards. I wonder what they could be. :p

Hahaha!

I live 15 minutes walking away from the Denver location
That's great, I hope you're able to go and have fun with the demo!
Too bad I am far away from those locations. RIP
Same here lol.
Still disappointed that it's not a Global Test demo.
Yeah, I feel similar, I want to be able to play it too! Although, I think it's reasonable that they haven't yet, knowing us it'd get datamined in seconds. This is just my speculation, but I think we might get a Test Smash or whatever they decide to call it after the entire roster's revealed, that way they won't have to worry about leaks.

That's great, I hope you're able to go and have fun with the demo!

Same here lol.

Yeah, I feel similar, I want to be able to play it too! Although, I think it's reasonable that they haven't yet, knowing us it'd get datamined in seconds. This is just my speculation, but I think we might get a Test Smash or whatever they decide to call it after the entire roster's revealed, that way they won't have to worry about leaks.
I still think they will keep like 1 or 2 characters a super secret even after release because that happened before but thats just my opinion.

I hope that this would mean a pre-release Demo on the E-Shop. I'd love to play Smash Ultimate before it came out at the convenience of my own house.

Edit: Grammar...

Last edited:
Nintendo isn't stupid. They don't want to reveal a character, they remove all traces from the demo. Simple.
Coding isn't that simple. Removing a significant part of data from even a test build could jeopardize numerous other things. And even if they did get it perfectly scrubbed, it's a ton of effort for very little payoff (assuming a majority of people acquiring said demo already have their minds made up on whether they're buying the game).

Last edited:
Not excited for this. It has less locations than even the wii u and 3ds demo had and that had a long wait time for just one match.

Ah man. Atlanta is like a 3-hour drive from where I live but I don’t have time to go over there. Oh well...

I just hope the demo includes some characters that weren't playable at the invitational. I really need to see Jiggs and DDD.

I'm an 3 hours away from the Chicago area. Not quite sure if it's worth the trip but I'll try to make it. They Should've made this a global demo. But I understand if they think that maybe too much will be release and could get out. So keeping it limited is kinda great. It's not that bad of a middle ground.

Can someone see if they can just plug in their Sm4sh Gamecube controller adapter into that Nintendo Switch for the Smash Ultimate Demo? We didn't have a Gamecube adapter available to buy back when Sm4sh had a demo.

Can someone see if they can just plug in their Sm4sh Gamecube controller adapter into that Nintendo Switch for the Smash Ultimate Demo? We didn't have a Gamecube adapter available to buy back when Sm4sh had a demo.
It's four Switch Pro controllers plugged into a console with default controls. You have a choice to play freely or play in a mini tournament (with casual rules) for a hat. Everyone gets a pair of buttons for participating and a poster if you check into your nentendo account and show a QR code.

Top Bottom