• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Reveal to Take Place on January 16th

sakurai.jpg

Today it was announced that a new DLC fighter would be revealed for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate via a livestream with Sakurai.

The livestream will be roughly 35 minutes long and will take place on 1/16 at 6 am PST.

Which character do you think will be revealed?

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Heres a different one... What is its a Peshooter from Plants vs Zombies? It would be a semi-echo of Piranha Plant.
Or maybe Kratos? Master Chief?

Personally, I’m looking forward to playing ???

Its entire moveset and character history is one big question and a literal “who” on the character speculation chart of iconic contributions to the gaming history as a whole.

I think ??? will raise a lot of questions and with little answers which intrigues me even more. I think many of us will be clueless even when they unveil ???. Despite that, without question, I will be maiming this questionably unique character and I’m thankful I never questioned Mr Sakurai’s way of how he made his roster.

I hope he takes questions during the livestream. While playing ???

Last edited:

Its entire moveset and character history is one big question and a literal “who” on the character speculation chart of iconic contributions to the gaming history as a whole.

I think ??? will raise a lot of questions and with little answers which intrigues me even more. I think many of us will be clueless even when they unveil ???. Despite that, without question, I will be maiming this questionably unique character and I’m thankful I never questioned Mr Sakurai’s way of how he made his roster.

This might not age well

OH CRAP MAYBE IT’s Q*BERT!

?!*$@?!

I'm still rooting for Kos-Mos like So much, but Dante has this also remember Namco said is not a profitable franchise we don't know if Kos-Mos will be in smash at all....

Dante and Kos-Mos are still my pics and remember more DLC aka season 2 coming.

I still think just like the rest of the pass, Fighter #5 is gonna be 3rd Party.

But if were going 1st Party then my choice would be a Pokemon Sword and Shield Gen 8 rep.

Inteleon would be my choice as he's probably my favorite starter and Pokemon overall this gen and I get Sceptile and Greninja vibes which are past favorites of mine, I would imagine that they can use Greninja as a base and though they seem similar, Other than his Water Shuriken attack Greninja seems more close combat oriented where as Inteleon seems like he would be more of a ranged fighter with gun/pistol like attacks and Snipe Shots.

That Kung fu bear would be a pretty cool choice too.

While were at it let's throw in a Galar Dynamax Stadium along with that sweet Gym Leader Battle Theme in there too.
Agreed.
On the topic of a 8th gen rep. I'd personally prefer Rillaboom but Inteleon could be a nice addition too. Even if a bit annoying to face...
Though Greninja and Inteleon have similar motifs I think they would play very differently just like your saying. Inteleon could basically be a fast zoner/juggler type of fighter similar to Shiek but with more of a focus on projectiles to chip the opponent and create openings while also being a very difficult character to play and would require some patience.
I've nearly finished the pokemon's moveset so I'll be posting that somewhere on the forums sometime.

I really don't want him, but there is a lot of stuff pointing towards it being Dante from Dmc. Both the tweet from the Dmc Twitter account, and the fact that Dantes voice actor has been hinting towards being involved with Smash.

I hope all of this is wrong, and that we actually get a Nintendo character THAT IS NOT A FIRE EMBLEM REP included. (I'm also secretly hoping it's Master Chief)

I really don't want him, but there is a lot of stuff pointing towards it being Dante from Dmc. Both the tweet from the Dmc Twitter account, and the fact that Dantes voice actor has been hinting towards being involved with Smash.

I hope all of this is wrong, and that we actually get a Nintendo character THAT IS NOT A FIRE EMBLEM REP included. (I'm also secretly hoping it's Master Chief)
After Phil Spencer and Microsoft were willing to play ball and let my "Most Wanted Newcomer" Banjo-Kazooie join Super Smash Bros Ultimate, I have a newfound respect for them am forever grateful and I would love to see Nintendo return the favor by letting Master Chief join Smash as it would show how strong and great their business partnership really is.

Master Chief getting in and would be internet breaking and jaw dropping hype to see him fight Mario as he is one of gaming's biggest icons and the face of the Xbox brand, He's got everything from moveset to status to make for a big and great character reveal.

I personally don't have a lot of history with the Halo franchise since I grew up mainly with Nintendo consoles, But always thought it was a pretty cool series, Not to mention you got all those rumors of Halo Master Chief Collection coming to Switch.

Last edited:

Just to clear things up, it was the voice actor for V (another character) who hinted at Dante's involvement in Smash, and he could easily be incorrect. (or have mixed it up with Playstation All Stars - something similar happened a few years ago when Dante's voice actor said that Raiden was in Smash, only for him to mean PSASBR)

Also, by all appearances, the announcements on the Devil May Cry twitter account have to do with new features being added to the Switch port of DMC3.

Or what if he brings back solo Charizard? I'd love that. He had such a good moveset and a lot of it was removed with the re-introduction of PT. I especially loved his final smash, which of course had to disappear

Or what if he brings back solo Charizard? I'd love that. He had such a good moveset and a lot of it was removed with the re-introduction of PT. I especially loved his final smash, which of course had to disappear
Why stop there? Each of PT's Pokemon should be made into their own character/echo! I'd love for this to happen for Squirtle! On the topic of Charizard's FS, I love the idea of making the Charizard echo Mega Charizard X! Then of course they can create a new FS to go along with that form.
Of course, I think this would probably come later in the game's lifetime (if at all) as a simple way to freshen up the game.

Dante's voice actor is the English voice for Ken. He's already involved.

To be completely honest, this reveal will be the second most hype after Banjo & Kazooie because in this case we don't really have a leak that's spoiled it for us.

Come on Crash Bandicoot !!!

Chances are it's going to be 3rd Party, If Crash Bandicoot somehow doesn't make it in whether it's Fighter #5 or future DLC, It's gonna feel like another missed opportunity after Sony and Activision failed to get him into Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

One of the biggest names left in gaming that has yet to make it into any major crossover fighter and would make for a great CGI moment when Mario, Sonic and Crash finally duke it out.

Personally it would also help even out that fighters pass that looks completely lopsided with fellow platformer mascots Banjo-Kazooie sticking out all by themselves.
Right? Everybody in the pass is a human from a fighting or action game. He's a bear (& she's a bird) from a system exclusive platformer. I'd Love either Crash or spyro to take the spot. Spyro would provide more diversity, but Crash could be better because of the simple phrase 'He Plummer Boy!'

To be completely honest, this reveal will be the second most hype after Banjo & Kazooie because in this case we don't really have a leak that's spoiled it for us.
Well… This didn't age well...

Haha, but in all seriousness, I'm glad this wasn't leaked. Hopefully they can continue that for Fighters Pass Vol.2

Top Bottom