• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Splash Cards + Tutorial!

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Here's my rendition of PAC-MAN.

I used the official CSS color of PAC-MAN. Instead of the blue from the announcement. @ LiamMail LiamMail Do you plan on making 1920x1080 versions? It seems there was some quality loss on the Greninja render you have.
No, I do not plan on making 1920 x 1080
Also, The sumi strokes should reach the edge of the splash card

Sages

Smash Cadet
Ah, it feels good to have some time to make these again. I see a lot of you guys already make great Splash Cards! Keep it up! Anyway, @ Sages Sages , Here is the FX to my custom made style for the text to download. You can download it & Install it in Photoshop and it should pop-up in your styles menu. Also, here is a newer version of the Sumi Stroke Brushes including 2500px brushes.
That download link does not contain the 2500px Sumi Strokes, it only contains the 625 ones. The link provided in the zip to download the 2500px versions links to http://www.photoshoptutorials.ws/downloads/photoshop-brushes/sumi-strokes-photoshop-brushes/ where it asks you to join their website prior to download their brushes for $79.00 /yr.

You could just upload your brushes as a zip. But limited options in 625/1250 are leaving my splash screens with fewer options that require more distortion.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey @ Aegis. Aegis. , looks like I'll be in need of your services once again! I'll be sending a PM as soon as I can. c:

Acampingsandwich

Smash Rookie
I Have A Request :Chibi Robo Here Is The Picture To Use
Phrase: Chibi-Robo Charges Into Battle Background Color:Light Gray.If You Can Do This Thank You

Aegis.

Smash Rookie
Well, it's been a long, long time since I last replied to this topic. My bad, I was so busy with other things that I totally forgot this even existed! Anyway, the Charles one is hilarious @ _Vicious_ _Vicious_ and sure @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura ! I'm planning on releasing a new tutorial + Graphic Pack (which includes everything you need to make these) in the near future.

Last edited:

Rouge5

Smash Rookie
NNID
Supershadow705b
hey can you please make a step by step document please because its for a project in my graphic arts class

Aegis.

Smash Rookie
hey can you please make a step by step document please because its for a project in my graphic arts class
You can check out the current tutorial video, it shows every step I take! There will be an updated video soon probably!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
You can check out the current tutorial video, it shows every step I take! There will be an updated video soon probably!
How's my Violet request going? I requested a Violet Smash intro like 5 months ago (I understood you had classes at the time), was wondering if you're still doing it or not.

Aegis.

Smash Rookie
How's my Violet request going? I requested a Violet Smash intro like 5 months ago (I understood you had classes at the time), was wondering if you're still doing it or not.
I'll be focussing on the updated video + assets first, that way it'll be much easier for everyone to make their Smash Splash Screens.

Rouge5

Smash Rookie
NNID
Supershadow705b
thnx a lot Aegis for the help and that work is great keep up the great work

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I'm back!
Well, I decided to make one of these for each character I make a moveset of from now on.
Here is my first one. Still not perfect though.

EDIT: Holy heck I can't believe I made this!

@ Aegis. Aegis. can I start my own gallery on here? Because I want to create a few of these.

Last edited:

Excalibur Goddess

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kerinx
Character :: Chrom
Background Color :: #191970
"Chrom Reigns Again!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Character :: Zael
Background Color :: #CDAA7D
"Zael Becomes A Knight!"
Character :: Callista
Background Color :: #7171C6
"Calista Rules Her Kingdom!"

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Character :: Chrom
Background Color :: #191970
"Chrom Reigns Again!"
Character :: Zael
Background Color :: #CDAA7D
"Zael Becomes A Knight!"
Character :: Callista
Background Color :: #7171C6
"Calista Rules Her Kingdom!"
Here's Chrom:

Last edited:

EBFandom

Banned via Warnings
Would anyone mind helping me out? I own an Acer Chromebook, and I don't have Photoshop, so does anybody know a good photo editing software I can use so I can make these Splash Cards? (Also, somebody make a Splash Card for Ness. "Ness Brings the Power!"

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Hey, can you make one for me?
Pic;
(Make backround white)
Messages;
Brayz SMASHS LIK A BOSS!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Would anyone mind helping me out? I own an Acer Chromebook, and I don't have Photoshop, so does anybody know a good photo editing software I can use so I can make these Splash Cards? (Also, somebody make a Splash Card for Ness. "Ness Brings the Power!"
Try Gimp. It's what I use.

MrThatkidalex24

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrThatKidAlex24
I know chrom has already been done on here, but I need some feedback on mine:

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
@ EBFandom EBFandom They are actually pretty decent for a first try. Just some feedback:
- The character and the sumi strokes behind the text need to have a drop shadow. In Gimp, you can find by going to Filters>Lighting Effects>Drop Shadow.
-The sumi strokes look a bit grainy. It's as if the resolution for them are distorted a little. If you could just tell me how you made them and I can help improve their appearance for you.

@ MrThatkidalex24 MrThatkidalex24 The text is spot on but the image for the character could be better quality.
Just remember, the character has to be as big or bigger than the size of the card in order for the quality to be at its best. If it is slightly smaller, that's OK, the character just won't be HQ. If the character's image is too small however, resizing it won't work as it will mess up the resolution and look terrible.

EBFandom

Banned via Warnings
@ EBFandom EBFandom They are actually pretty decent for a first try. Just some feedback:
- The character and the sumi strokes behind the text need to have a drop shadow. In Gimp, you can find by going to Filters>Lighting Effects>Drop Shadow.
-The sumi strokes look a bit grainy. It's as if the resolution for them are distorted a little. If you could just tell me how you made them and I can help improve their appearance for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom