• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger Contest Announced

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
That feel when you're a couple months away from 18 and then this happens.

R0Y

Smash Master
'Cause we are not allowed to have fun.:(

Blame your government, and it might very well have to do with language laws too... For one, the rules and regulations aren't written in French (and it'd cost money to professionally translate them.)

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
How my dream looks like:
Cosplay as Samus power suit in vid
Go to tournament as Samus power suit
Take off mask revealing a person Under 18 and is a Dude
Lol

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
The odds of getting in are so low that it's not even worth my 15 seconds. I have no way to travel 3000 miles, and even if Nintendo paid for my trip, I'd be fired from my job for not showing up.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Why 18 and above only? There are plenty of young competitive smash players, like me.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Nah,..how bout I just GO to E3. Plus I thought a demo was going to be @bestbuy during E3. Why is the contest REAALLY necessary ?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, if anybody asks, I am a 19-year-old employee at Dunkin Donuts named Fernando who is obsessed with Fire Emblem and miniature trains.

I'm definitely not a 15-year old boy.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Good luck to all who need it.

These fighters are the best of the best, and they will prove it here, tonight!
This will be one hell of a show!

*Balrog's Theme Plays*

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The odds of getting in are so low that it's not even worth my 15 seconds. I have no way to travel 3000 miles, and even if Nintendo paid for my trip, I'd be fired from my job for not showing up.
They would pay for travel expenses and stay at hotel plus tax. They wouldn't be paying for other expenses made during the trip though. Still, getting fired for not showing up is not worth it.

D

Deleted member

Looks like I'm going to have to pull out my fake ID for this one.

Watch out everybody, here's comes Jefferson Steelflex.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Why 18 and above only? There are plenty of young competitive smash players, like me.
Because they're going to fly you to LA, alone. You need to be a legal adult because you're going to be expected to act like a responsible adult. Also lawsuits.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
What do they mean when they say "One of the winners" from the invitationals?

Are there going to be multiple winners? How?
Good question. Maybe there's going to be a doubles tournament, or two separate tournaments over two days?

The rules state that part of the prize as follows:
Rules said:
(iv) the opportunity to play Super Smash Bros. against one of the winners of the Tournament on either June 11, 2014 or June 12, 2014, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
It's unclear to me whether this is saying there will be a winner on both days, or if they simply choose which day you play one of the winners.

Also I would highly suggest adding this to the first post, but the prize includes tickets for 2 to E3.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Because they're going to fly you to LA, alone. You need to be a legal adult because you're going to be expected to act like a responsible adult. Also lawsuits.
The rules say that the prize is a trip for the winner and a guest who's 17 or older...so not alone.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

From late teens until early twenties, life is nothing but petty drama and a lack of appreciation for scotch. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, threw it away and bought a suit, looked amazing.
I'm sorry but I really just can't agree with you.

Aside from a lack of appreciation for scotch (which isn't actually such but more of a mutual respect), from first hand experience I think these years have been some of the most incredible ones of my life to date. Within recent years i've lived in the central Australian desert, discovered a love of competitive gaming and, yes, i've had some pretty hectic family turbulence too. The mistake we all like to make is look upon our past and say "that was all when I was so immature, but NOW... this me is the REAL me." We are always changing, even as our brain finally stops developing and we travel through generations. The worst thing we can do is discard everything that built up to how we are in the present. No time of our life is ever wasted in this process. Maybe these experiences will seem silly and odd to me when I get to be a little older, but I won't deny their value in making me who I am, and I highly doubt i'll oversimplify them by saying they were 'good' or 'bad' but complex and actually deeper than I think our society gives it credit for. Our brains are being rewired at this stage and there certainly are some 'petty' squabbles and bumps in this time but that doesn't mean it was all drama with nothing else to supplement. More goes on inside our brains than that, so give us a little bit of credit please. :p

Also, i'm neither 18 nor live in America. I suspect i'd be more hurt by all this if I filled one of those demographics and not the other. :laugh:

Last edited:

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
...dang, there were a lot more kids here than I had previously thought.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm more surprised people didn't know that already. Smash has one of the lowest age demographics in terms of any other fighter due to its target audience.

Irregardless, there's still plenty of adult players that can sign up for this. :)

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
Guys check out my video on Instagram @ just_justinnn. I really want to win this like you guys don't even know, ik everyone does but me wanting this is past that!!!!

Last edited:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Doesn't instagram mean only people with an android or iPhone can participate?

Because it looks better without it lol
who cares its just a silly little gif not some amazing artpiece that someone else is taking credit for
The creator put his name on it for a reason and it doesn't take away from the gif. Doesn't make it right to crop his name out of the original.

EDIT: btw I'm winning this, pack it up people

http://instagram.com/p/oW4SHtyxQv/

Last edited:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I wish I could participate, but I go on a deployment right after E3 ends, and I have preparations to do... Guess I'll wait til Christmas to get the WiiU version then.
The bane of all Smashers in the military. I wish I could do this as well.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
Id be down for this.but I know I wont be selected so noo. I am gonna play the demo anyways.but good luck to who ever makes it.id like to see what videos people make.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
TBH I'd MUCH rather be at the Best Buy demos, all the other players will be there. And to be honest, the best part of Smash is the people that play the games.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Okay, I've never done instagram videos before but I just want to know something first. Does this video HAVE to be recorded on the phone? Like, I want to record w/ a camera and add an animation into it, and THEN upload it on the phone, is that not possible?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'd recommend sticking to the rules as written, who knows if they're strict with this stuff? Or risk it for extra points if you want, but yeah, there's the chance of disqualification.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Okay, I've never done instagram videos before but I just want to know something first. Does this video HAVE to be recorded on the phone? Like, I want to record w/ a camera and add an animation into it, and THEN upload it on the phone, is that not possible?
Yea you can, just save the final video to your phone and upload to instagram, it can only be about 15 seconds though

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yea you can, just save the final video to your phone and upload to instagram, it can only be about 15 seconds though
Yeah thats what I was shooting for. A 15 second video but I wasn't sure if I could make the video on my computer first and then transfer it to instagram.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Europejohns =(

This will already be amazing to watch though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom