• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super. Smash Bros Invitational 2018 Line-Up revealed

mank_demes.jpg

This year's E3 is going to be wild as we've covered previously. The biggest game from Nintendo's show will easily be Super Smash Bros. and the big piece to showcasing the game will be the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 Tournament where eight of the most talented Super Smash Bros. players from around the world battle it out to see who will emerge victorious

In the video above, more information has been detailed about the event. For those that just want to see who will be a part of it, we've included the names, and a link to learn more about them below,

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U professionals

MkLeo Champion at Genesis 4, Genesis 5, and EVO Japan 2018
ZeRo - Champion at EVO 2015 and Genesis 3; he also won the Super Smash Bros. Invitational back in 2014 and is the only player here from that invitational.
Abadango - Runner-up at EVO Japan 2018 and ranked top five at EVO 2016 and Genesis 4
Mr. R - Runner-up at EVO 2015

Super Smash Bros. Melee professionals

Plup - Champion at Genesis 5
Armada - EVO 2015 and 2017 champion; Genesis 2 singles champion and Genesis 4 doubles champion
Lucky - Top five at EVO 2017 and GENESIS 5
Mang0 - EVO 2013 and 2014 Champion

Nintendo's E3 will start on Monday, June 11th from 3:30 PM to 6 PM (Pacific Time) with intiernational teams rising their way up opening round of the Splatoon 2 World Championship tournament. The finals will take place on Tuesday, June 12th immediately followed by the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament.

Author's Note: Are you excited for the Smash invitational? Who do you think will be part of the exhibitors? What do you think of the lineup? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Edit: Nairo and Leffen have both been confirmed as alternates.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

It's a fine line-up, and I find it interesting how they're noticing Melee players. While I'm not hoping that this game will become Melee 2.0 or anything, if it's anything like that one surprisingly realistic-looking leak (which I'd still take with a grain of salt but still) then the theory about the game sort of being a cross between Sm4sh and Melee (Project M inspired?) just might actually be a thing.

No HungryBox? And No M2K? Where are the Gods of Smash? For Wii U, I'm rooting ZeRo on all the way, and among Melee players, definitely Mang0. I hope these two duel it out in the last game.

No HungryBox? And No M2K? Where are the Gods of Smash? For Wii U, I'm rooting ZeRo on all the way, and among Melee players, definitely Mang0. I hope these two duel it out in the last game.
You got Armada and Mango in this Smash Invitational (PPMD will always be in our hearts) which both were considered one of the 5 Gods.

Still, I wish M2K will enter Smash Invitational, he influenced the Smash community and played a major role on developing both Brawl and Melee competitive metagame. He needs to enter but I guess it is too late...

There is a chance that both HBOX, M2K, and Nairo to be invited in Exibition but who knows,,,

Last edited:
It's a fine line-up, and I find it interesting how they're noticing Melee players. While I'm not hoping that this game will become Melee 2.0 or anything, if it's anything like that one surprisingly realistic-looking leak (which I'd still take with a grain of salt but still) then the theory about the game sort of being a cross between Sm4sh and Melee (Project M inspired?) just might actually be a thing.
The last invitational had Melee players as well.

I personally hoped Wizzy got in over Lucky, but still pretty good nonetheless.

I would ****ing love to see GF between Mang0 and Armada.

THE GOAT VS THE BOAT

I hope they make it mostly like Melee because all the Smash 4 players have to do is play it like Smash 4 and they won't know the difference

Why not Mew2King? He's super popular and deserves a spot on here as much as anybody. Lucky and Mango are from the same region anyway!

Ohohohoho. I'm not interested in the invitational at all. Wanted to see if the gameplay was a step up from Smash 4. The last invitational was awful. The commentators were struggling to find something exciting. But with Mang0 and Armada in, I'm definitely gonna give it watch for a bit.

Top Bottom