• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
After seeing a recent PotD, I feel like the smash moves of Duck Hunt are actually someone who became fed up with his laughing and attempted to hit him with the zapper as revenge. Of course, he always remains one step ahead... Barely.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
After seeing a recent PotD, I feel like the smash moves of Duck Hunt are actually someone who became fed up with his laughing and attempted to hit him with the zapper as revenge. Of course, he always remains one step ahead... Barely.
To support this, I noticed a while ago that he and the duck seem rather panicked whenever they perform a Smash Attack.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My interpretation is that the "hunter" that holds the gun in Duck Hunt's moveset is actually a child playing with their pet dog. The shots are actually lightgun effects. They're not fatal at all, but because they operate on cartoon physics, it still manages to hurt their opponents. The dog just runs and hides because he's easily frightened.

Metal Face throws popcorn at Shulk whenever he watches him fight. Shulk would like him to stop that, please.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
reminds me of the pic with charizard and f! Robin.
anyone still have that Pic?? it's a parody of beauty and the beast

Shaymikyu

reminds me of the pic with charizard and f! Robin.
anyone still have that Pic?? it's a parody of beauty and the beast

I didn't make it, but I can't find the original source, so it's on my Photobucket. I'll remove it when I find the original.

And yes, I love this picture so much. We need more parodies with Robin as a Disney princess.
I'm still looking for RidleyxF!Robin pic.
I was going to say "don't you mean Chrom?" but then I remembered that territory has been covered (as in with Ridley, not Robin, though that's been covered everywhere as well).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I didn't make it, but I can't find the original source, so it's on my Photobucket. I'll remove it when I find the original.

And yes, I love this picture so much. We need more parodies with Robin as a Disney princess.

I was going to say "don't you mean Chrom?" but then I remembered that territory has been covered (as in with Ridley, not Robin, though that's been covered everywhere as well).
I prefer Henry as a Disney Princess.

Shaymikyu

After seeing :4bowserjr:'s trailer, he's clearly the most competent of Smash's villains.

Seriously, though, that was surprisingly epic, though the Koopaling reveal would be more mind-blowing if we didn't know it already.
EDIT: And speaking of the trailers...
Mewtwo is taking his sweet time because he is watching... Learning... So he can decimate everyone and show he's not the low tier Melee version and is the true Smash champion.

Or he's vacationing in Hawaii.

One more I forgot inspired by the new video- Chrom sits on the bleachers when he's not in Robin's final smash and cheers loudly for the Robins to the point of embarrassing them (especially :4robinf:).

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Headcanons developed after the direct yesterday:
  • Directly related to my earlier headcanon of Mewtwo leaving voluntarily because he wasn't capable of performing well when holding back to avoid killing his opponents, he decided to return after watching even the meekest of the bunch grow strong from afar. He hopes he can finally satisfy his thirst for a battle among equals; don't disappoint him.
  • :4palutena: thinks Mewtwo is adorable and loves to tease him. She can do that safely because, being a goddess, her full power is on an entirely different level than his and he knows it.
  • Master Hand is kind of good-natured and silly when not fighting, and loves to drum up excitement.
  • Master Fortress developed as a final defense mechanism after being rendered helpless against the likes of :4littlemac::4ganondorf:.
  • :4bowserjr: is sadistic and ruthless, far moreso than even his father, and intends to rule both his own kingdom and the Mushroom Kingdom with an iron fist when he gets the crown. Even the koopalings largely fear him. :4drmario:, however, is capable of standing up to him and largely just acts disappointed around him, likely due to knowing something about his future that he doesn't.

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
:4bowserjr: wants to beat :4mario: because he'll think then his dad will spend more time with him and the Koopalings.
:4bowser: wants to beat :4mario: because he wants to show his children what strength is. It actually hurts him to see his children fighting Mario, because at the end if the day, he's a single father to all of them.
:4shulk: does maintenance work on the Koopa Klown and even helped iron out some flaws. This earned :4bowserjr: trust and friendship,, making Shulk one of his true friends.
Ridley is depressed that he didn't make it in, but still gave a hug to his close friend Mewtwo. :4bowser: actually invited Ridley to be an honorary member of the Counsel of Evil.
Contrary to popular belief, :4wario: does have good personal hygiene. It's just that he douses himself in garlic because he's paranoid about vampires. Megaman and Pit thought if calling their palSimon to see if he could get rid of any vampires.
:4greninja: once accidentally wandered into the world of Hyrule where Ganon took over. :4greninja:: winds up being the hero and became the "Hero of Frogs".
To this day, people are still baffled abut this legend and assumed it was a mixture of a Shiekah and a Zora.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
My Headcanon for Mewtwo.

Back in Melee, all of the smartest people (Ness, Dr. Mario, Falco, Fox, and Samus) all had a personal connection to Mewtwo. Mewtwo was unfortunately killed in the transition from Melee to Brawl. Dr. Mario was one of the closest and he retired and gave up Smashing. Having decided that he needed to avenge Mewtwo he rejoins SSB4 and is part of the cast. When the others noticed his return they rejoined together and, reusing the technology they had from Mewtwo's creation and their own, they are remaking it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg
This isn't headcanon, this legit canon

Shulk stands at 5'6
That means that he's really short. How short? Well let's put it like this....

If this guy :4littlemac:here is 5'7, that means that :4shulk:is smallest human in Smash

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
View attachment 28172 This isn't headcanon, this legit canon

Shulk stands at 5'6
That means that he's really short. How short? Well let's put it like this....

If this guy :4littlemac:here is 5'7, that means that :4shulk:is smallest human in Smash
This is pretty strange.
Little Mac is 5'7, but Shulk is 5'6, albeit way bigger.
Shulk is also bigger than Peach, who is approximately 5'8.
And Rosalina is not THAT much bigger than Shulk. And she's a giantess.

Also, Mario is around 5'1. So nope, Shulk isn't the smallest in canon or approximate numbers.

*sigh*
Smash sizes. Just look at Olimar and Kirby!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here are some headcanons based off of the Bowser Jr trailer:

-Mario and Mega Man are definitely friends. When Mario is taking a beating (just before Jr runs the two of them over), Mega Man leans forward and shows visible concern, as if he was about to help him up.

-Rosalina & Luma are considered really powerful "backup heroes" (eherm...or "top tier") and only show up to serious fights. First it was the AKB48 trailer, but in this trailer, you can see that they only just arrived on the scene as everyone else was already taking a thrashing. And throughout the entire trailer, they are the only two characters who don't take any damage in the CGI portion of the trailer (aside from the Koopas):

-Kirby still hangs around with Rosalina & Luma, and even sticks by her here. Considering Samus is beside them too, maybe they all stick together because they are space dwellers?

-Bowser Jr relishes in destruction and mayhem. Arguably more than his father. He may even be a little bit of a psycho (I mean he runs over Mario and Mega Man):

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Ganon would just be that grumpy loner who got along with no one. He barely got along with Bowser in the SSE. He only interacts with others when he can use them to get whatever he wants. Just a bad*** who prides himself on not needing anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom