• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The Orne Theme plays when an Orne appears in Smash Run, just like in Uprising.

Last edited:

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Interesting technique. Reminds me of KIU where you can use a melee attack by dashing, flicking the slide pad on the opposite direction and attacking afterwards.

Added to the OP.
I thought this was basically a pivot technique. This technique was only limited to grabs in Brawl, but now there are a greater amount of options available such as tilts or smashes.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but it seems that when you hit someone, and a black lightening appears in the chock, it always kill the character, it's an indicator to tell that this is a critical hit, but I'm not sure if it's always the case or only for high dammages hits

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but it seems that when you hit someone, and a black lightening appears in the chock, it always kill the character, it's an indicator to tell that this is a critical hit, but I'm not sure if it's always the case or only for high dammages hits
It's sort of a "serious trouble" graphical effect, but it doesn't always mean death. I remember seeing a video where someone survived.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What does this even mean? Brawl and Melee both run at the same framerate already, and the demo had all of Brawl's limited and overdedicated movement with the same slow falling speed and no momentum conserved into jumps. The only thing in the game that's "between" anything is that hitstun can't be canceled with air dodges or attacks instantly.
It's a matter of prespective, The difference can seem smaller or bigger based how someone preceieves if. If I had continued playing Melee throughout the entire time, it wouldn't have felt any different from Brawl. On the other hand like it my case it did feel different from Brawl, not in a huge way but there are some differences as the experience didn't feel the same, sometimes that's enough for some people to view it differently.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the Holy Grail! Here's nearly an hour and a half of Smash!

Lightning can backfire, like in Brawl. Has this been confirmed yet?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think you should get rid of the part in Mario's part about how he has a bigger and smaller fire ball, and the part with the fire punch, because right after that is the custom moves of his.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Did anyone mention that the Super Mario bros. theme playing on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage includes a remix of the Bowser theme at the very end?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am trying to find (and if I can't, compile) a list of collectible trophies. Please help me, and provide screenshots when you can.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So in the Palutena trailer, the portion that shows all the characters posing is actually the last bit of the Opening Theme from Uprising and not the last bit of Boss Battle 1.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is there video evidence of chunky kong?
I haven't found anything, but several different people have claimed to see it.

Anyway, I was hoping some footage would eventually appear, yet it didn't happen. That said, I've changed the OP adding that Chunky Kong's confirmation is ambiguous.

So in the Palutena trailer, the portion that shows all the characters posing is actually the last bit of the Opening Theme from Uprising and not the last bit of Boss Battle 1.
Indeed, you're correct!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
can anyone confirm how the fairy bottle item works? ive seen several videos where someone will pick it up and nothing happens, it can even be thrown at opponents to cause minor damage, but ive yet to see it heal at all

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just checked out that Phosphora wasn't confirmed as an Assist Trophy yet, according to Smash Wiki. She's in an unknown capacity.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Phosphora
Edited.

Both Chunky and Phosphora have now a (?) next to their names given they're ambiguously confirmed.

Well, to add to the Voice Cast.

Wii Fit Trainer: October Moore (Female), Steve Heinke (Male).

Villager: Unknown (Female), Unknown (Male).
WFT's voices are the same from the Wii Fit games right?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Huh... so Mega Man's victory theme is a remix of the Mega Man 2 title theme. I was pretty certain they'd go with the Robot Master defeated theme from the same game. That seems to pop up a lot (Marvel vs. Capcom, Mega Man 9, etc.) Seems like a missed oportunity to me. Also, the "Robot Master Selected" music bit from his original reveal trailer appears to be the intro to that Title/Wily Castle 1 Medley heard on his stage. Which is pretty cool.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Edited.

Both Chunky and Phosphora have now a (?) next to their names given they're ambiguously confirmed.
Phosphora is basically confirmed as an AT. Come on, if shes jumping around on the Town & City stage she has to be.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Actually, I was thinking of 8:49 with that floating, cake thing and is that big hulking thing the Orne?
The cake guy is a Souflee from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The Orne is from KIU as well and it's this guy:

He instantly KOs you, both in the original game and Smash.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
The cake guy is a Souflee from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The Orne is from KIU as well and it's this guy:

He instantly KOs you, both in the original game and Smash.
Oh then I have no clue what that walking heart monster was then XD

NVM...it's a Clubberskull....wow I really need to play KI:U

Last edited:

MrGanon

Smash Rookie
That is from KIU as well. It's a Clubberskull.

(I hate those guys on KIU...)
Agreed, the worst one is in the seafloor temple place because I always fall down one of the holes and one of my shots homes in on him instead of the enemy I was trying to shoot.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, Spirit Train has a Final Destination version? Where was that shown?
The 3DS version trailer from the E3 Digital Event briefly shows the spectator mode heading to a For Glory match on the Spirit Train.

Last edited:
Top Bottom