• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
On Smash Run enemies, the Eggbot is actually called Eggrobo, and it's main appearance is from Sonic 3 & Knuckles as it's not really a recurring enemy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
On Smash Run enemies, the Eggbot is actually called Eggrobo, and it's main appearance is from Sonic 3 & Knuckles as it's not really a recurring enemy.
Thanks for the correction!

Well, I finally found a video of Prism Tower with direct audio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hKzfGMdzM
And the song that plays is a remix of the Trainer Battle theme from Pokemon X and Y
(the same one that played during Greninja's trailer)
I absolutely love those direct audio videos. =D

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Fox's new voice confirmed to suck. Jk, you gotta get the hang of it.

I'm on my way to Best Buy and I'll fill in any new dets. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, Fox's new voice is kind of weird. I liked Brawl's better. I wonder who could be doing his voice this time...

Perhaps it will also be his voice on the upcoming Star Fox game...

Last edited:

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Well, I finally found a video of Prism Tower with direct audio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hKzfGMdzM
And the song that plays is a remix of the Trainer Battle theme from Pokemon X and Y
(the same one that played during Greninja's trailer)
From in that video, we can see that Luigi's Final Smash does damage. It shows Yoshi receiving 30% damage after being sucked in, and then additional 10% when spat out.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Footage from the Animal Crossing stage on the 3DS version officially confirms the swimming mechanic is gone.
Footage of the Wii U's results screens, however, officially confirms that the swimming mechanic is NOT gone.
Perhaps it is only present on Wii U, or perhaps Tortimer Island isn't swimmable for whatever reason.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So here's something cool. The Rainbow Road theme on the 3DS is a medley of the 3DS, DS, and GBA Rainbow road themes!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Footage of the Wii U's results screens, however, officially confirms that the swimming mechanic is NOT gone.
Perhaps it is only present on Wii U, or perhaps Tortimer Island isn't swimmable for whatever reason.
Hmm... Interesting.

It says something like "Swimming time"? Either way, I will change the OP.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Noticed it wasn't on the Pokemon list so I thought I would bring it up JIC,
Kyogre is back, and much more powerful IMO.
Got him from a Masterball.
(Two in one round! The other being Genesect).

KodyTauros

Smash Rookie
NNID
KodyTauros
Someone should tweet at Gamexplain and see if they've seen the Chunky Kong assist trophy. I wouldn't normally care, but if Chunky and the Kremlings are in, that's just more chance of the big bad crocodile king getting picked up for smash.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The OP says that Pikachu has a Meteor Smash in the cloud AND in the thunder, but I saw the thunder at E3 and is not a Meteor Smash...Well, I'm not 100% sure, can someone post a video of Pikachu's thunder? XD I can't find one.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Here's something that might be of interest. The title is extremely misleading, as the buff may have been assigned to either Marth's counter or the barrel's damage. Something to keep an eye out for.

Well, there are still a fair amount of character specific items such as Link's bombs, Megaman's metal blades, and Peach's turnips.
But most of those items disappear or explode once they hit the ground. From what we could see in the video, they pick the item up off the ground and go back to Olimar.

I imagine they'd just die/trade with the projectile if they hit a character-specific item in the air. The only character-specific items they could pick up I can think of are Diddy's bananas and ROB's top (if he's even in).

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's something that might be of interest. The title is extremely misleading, as the buff may have been assigned to either Marth's counter or the barrel's damage. Something to keep an eye out for.

But most of those items disappear or explode once they hit the ground. From what we could see in the video, they pick the item up off the ground and go back to Olimar.

I imagine they'd just die/trade with the projectile if they hit a character-specific item in the air. The only character-specific items they could pick up I can think of are Diddy's bananas and ROB's top (if he's even in).
There's also Mega Man's Metal Blade, if it's embedded in the ground, and likely anything from Greninja's Substitute.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Riley Inge voices Doc Louis, as he did in Punch-Out!! Wii. You can hear his voice in Mac's trailer, as well as in some videos when Mac wins (although faintly)

I have no idea who voices Little Mac, though. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The OP says that Pikachu has a Meteor Smash in the cloud AND in the thunder, but I saw the thunder at E3 and is not a Meteor Smash...Well, I'm not 100% sure, can someone post a video of Pikachu's thunder? XD I can't find one.
For the record, we know Thunder itself can be customized due to being a special move(or at least it's beyond heavily assumable. It's even more blatant than Mega Lucario being a Final Smash, since we know all special moves except Palutena and Mii Fighters are customizable). It's possible only certain ones can Meteor Smash. That's why it's hard to just say it can't. If one can and one can't, we can just note that it's likely customization that is the reason. Once the game comes out, we can actually say what is the case. Could be a move Sakurai changed.

-----------

Regarding Greninja's Final Smash, has an official name been released, or is it still unnamed? I mean, Night Slash is often guessed as a name, but still.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
You have to have the wet suit to dive there. :4pacman:

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
After playing as Samus and looking around at videos, She has several changes.
1) Missiles seem to have less knockback than in Brawl, but still perform about the same amount of damage as they did in Brawl. Samus hit DK with a Super Missile during the Tree House Live, when he had over 200% damage, and the knockback was not enough to kill.
2) Samus' Screw Attack now has good knockback on the last hit, making it a viable kill move, as well as giving her more vertical distance.
3) Samus' grab is MUCH faster, you can grab someone damn near immediately if they're right in front of you. However, the Running Grab has more recovery lag than the regular grab.
4) D-Air is similar to the 64 Smash version where it comes out very quickly, but seems to have less range.
5) Her Neutral Air has changed from her sex kick to a roundhouse kick that hits opponents in front and behind her.
6) Her movement and roll speed is overall faster than in Brawl, although how fast remains to be determined whether her speed has actually been improved or it's just the game being faster overall than Brawl.
7) Samus' fast fall is much faster than it was in Brawl.

That's all of the changes I can think of off of the top of my head. Anyone who is able to add onto this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Mechanic Confirmations
- You can shield during a full sprint (not sure about the initial dash animation)
- You cannot crouch during a dash/when running
- You can Up Smash during a dash/when running
- You can Up Smash out of shield
- You can jump out of shield
- Glide Tossing is gone
- Dash Dancing is incredibly hard to do. It exists, though it might be character specific?
- Rolling forward turns you around properly/works as it always has. Some people (probably not here) mentioned that rolling you forward will make you face forward. This is not true. Posting this for clarification purposes

Character Confirmations
- Little Mac loses his KO Punch whenever he gets hit, or loses a stock. Doesn't seem to go away over time
- Little Mac's Up B is a great killing move. Feels like a Smash attack
- DK has a down B in the air. He slaps downwards in the air twice (like he would on the ground). Sends the opponent downwards
- DK's Side B feels faster. Needs more testing
- Fox Illusion (Side B) doesn't put Fox into special fall, and he can still recover afterwards using Up B.
- Bowser has a new Down Air. He spins the spikes of his shell downwards like before, but now he rockets towards the ground as if he was using his Bowser Bomb. It goes REALLY fast (doesn't delay like Bowser Bomb does)

Other Confirmations
- Some assist trophies can be hit (Magnus)
- Giratina is a Pokeball Pokemon
- Ghost-thing from Rhythm Heaven is indeed in Smash Run. As well as Egg Robos.
- Versus mode/local play on the 3DS had near-Brawl amounts of lag. Because this is a demo, this may change in the future...hopefully.

Last edited:

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I'll be getting a Japanese 3DS XL next month. I know you can access the JP shop with them. Once the game drops in Japan, I'll be downloading it and uploading videos on a daily basis til the US release. I went this past weekend with DP's Mario, TheReflexWonder, and StarX from the Columbus, Ga and Phenix City, AL area. We went to the Best Buy near the Mall of Georgia, it was a blast!

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Fox's new voice confirmed to suck. Jk, you gotta get the hang of it.

I'm on my way to Best Buy and I'll fill in any new dets. :p
I really hope they bring back the option to choose Japanese voices like in Melee. The Star Fox characters voices... just... ugh.

Anyways, is there any footage of the Chunky Kong AT or Genesect Poke Ball?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I really hope they bring back the option to choose Japanese voices like in Melee. The Star Fox characters voices... just... ugh.

Anyways, is there any footage of the Chunky Kong AT or Genesect Poke Ball?
I definitely saw footage of Genesect being released from a Master Ball. Can't remember which video, though.

As for Chunky Kong, I haven't seen any yet.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Nothing on Chunky just yet. I'll keep looking!

One thing I've noticed is that Sonic was using recycled voice clips. It seems Roger Craig Smith hasn't done new voicework yet.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Nothing on Chunky just yet. I'll keep looking!

One thing I've noticed is that Sonic was using recycled voice clips. It seems Roger Craig Smith hasn't done new voicework yet.
I believe they just recycled Brawl voices for the demo. Marth speaks Japanese (I think, I wonder if that would change since Shadow Dragon was released internationally) and I loathe Fox's voice (seems 3DS voice is bad as well).

Yeah, nothing much on Chunky. Was it on Miiverse? There's one thread on GameFAQs that's saying its fake but it has no source so I'm confused; I'd love to see Chunky as an AT.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i remember hearing sonic say "Super Sonic style!" on his FS, and i've heard someone say his "gotta go fast" taunt was changed too

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Sonic had Smith's voice, but it seems they took it from Generations. Because he shots "Super Sonic Style!" when he activates his Final Smash, which is from Generations. All the other characters seem to taken from Brawl, except Pit.

I'm trying to figure out who voices Little Mac. Is it Matt Harty, the guy who voiced him in the Wii Punch-Out!!? I can't tell.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Sonic's Down Smash changed. He now does a split kick instead of the rolling attack.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I believe the dark skinned Bowser (the one that looks like Morton) wasn't in the E3 demo, so there's definitely more color swaps that haven't been seen yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Clean version of the results screen theme - in case you didn't notice from hearing it in the background of various videos, it's actually a remix of the Smash 64 character select screen!

Last edited:
Top Bottom