• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
After going to Smash fest last night, I can confirm that Cryogonal is a smash run enemy. It uses what appears to be ice beam. The beam emanates from its center and rotates like a clock hand, instantly freezing you if it hits. Very irritating enemy

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I'm curious about something. In Brawl, when C-Sticks were set to Smashes, if you used Dair while descending from a jump then it would automatically make you fast fall even though it didn't work that way in Melee. I wonder if they fixed that...

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
The meteor part of Pikachus thunder is confirmed to be the thundercloud and not the lightning itself.
I thought Sakurai already said it is both

And this may be confused with the tanooki leaf but this would hype ridley but pit has a hover mechanic, (correction could be a tanooki leaf though.)
It was a tanooki leaf. Pit had the raccoon tail

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
"Sakurai said:
«Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!» 03.Apr.2014"

Can someone confirm thunder?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
"Sakurai said:
«Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!» 03.Apr.2014"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGsXGy9ZvIs

Look for the part where Pikachu and Sheik fight on Gerudo Valley at arounf the 1 hour 30 minute mark. Sheik gets hit a few times but thunder but is never meteored

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"Sakurai said:

Check the OP.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Why not? It's a major buff to his previously poor recovery.

Even better, he can Fire Fox out of Illusion!
Fox hardly needs such a big buff.
"Sakurai said:

What is there to confirm? Obviously it works exactly like Sakurai said, and it's been seen on the Treehouse. It has a sweetspot that meteors, as mentioned by one of the employees.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Onto the Wii U section of the stream. Looking through the youtube preview bar I looks like they just played a bunch of stock FFA's. Gonna harder to get everything. Like the last post I'll just keep editing in what I see. Definitley won't get all of it though. Probably won't even get most of it.

-Pit says "come on" instead of "the fight is on" for his down taunt, which is the same animation wise.
-Villager can use his final smash in the air. The house will just be built in the air and float there and work as usual.
-Look's like Pit's bair got nerfed. Hit Kirby at 90%+ on the edge of the stage and Kirby survived.
-The Chain Chomp assist is tied to the his pole. So if the platform beneath it vanishes, the pole will fall and drag the Chain Chomp with it.
-Hit the Killer Eye item to turn it around or knock it over.

-You can make Little Mac punch earlier during Haymaker (side B) to make him punch sooner.
-Little Mac roars when he transforms into Giga Mac.

-Marth hit DK shield with uncharged Shield Breaker. Almost broke it.
-DK F-smashed a blue shell and it disappeared. He either canceled it out or it was a glitch.
-Sonic's homing attack seems to carry some momentum when it finishes if you don't hit anyone. So if you miss with Sonic's homing attack and didn't lock onto anyone he'll fall like a rock. Homing Attack's start up can still be reduced like in Brawl.
-Sonic grabbed the ledge out of his Trampoline before reaching the max height. Nice buff.
-Mentioned before, but DK's final smash basically starts a game of Donkey Konga. A bar appears with the Donkey Konga music symbols to tell you when to hit A. They were all equally spaced apart and the symbols weren't different at all. The attack also looked like it didn't cover as much space a sin Brawl.
-If anyone actually doubted this, Male Wii Fit Trainer has a different voice than the girl one. He also says "salute the sun"

-Someone else mentioned it, either here or in the Pit boards, Pit's charged arrows travel much faster than his uncharged ones. which are much slower. He cans till aim them up before firing.
-Pilotwings does have environmental hazards. As the plane drives by cliffs, player can crash into them.
-Olimar's uair is now a swipe instead just sticking a Pikmin in the air.
-Olimar's rocket during his final smash deal damage as it acsends, which I think is new but not sure.

-Zelda's Victory theme is the same as Brawls.

-The songs "Jogging" and "Get up Little Mac" are actually part of a medley, and are not separate.
-I think we finally see Pikachu's thunder meteor Mario. However Mario is standing on the Boxing ring lights so we can't really see him. It looks like he bounces off the lights when he gets hit.

Got everything I saw watching it once. Done editing.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Genesect using Techno Blast
This.

In more detail, he jumps around shooting small laser blasts (still bigger than Mario's fireballs), about 3 of them in succession. When he stays on the ground, he shoots an even larger, deadlier laser blast in the direction he's facing across the screen. Not as dangerous as Samus' Zero Laser, but still threatening.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
This.

In more detail, he jumps around shooting small laser blasts (still bigger than Mario's fireballs), about 3 of them in succession. When he stays on the ground, he shoots an even larger, deadlier laser blast in the direction he's facing across the screen. Not as dangerous as Samus' Zero Laser, but still threatening.
also he does flip around and shoots in the opposite direction again

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
I went to the Best Buy event at West Bank and I can talk about some stuff I saw happen there. I played as Greninja, Villager, WFT and Bowser, so I can talk about them a bit as well as general Smash stuff.

Greninja's Shuriken cannot be charged, as soon as you fully charge it, he automatically throws it.

Down-Air does indeed bounce you off of people, and it's wonderful for following combos.

His FS starts off with him stomping on a trapdoor, and if it hits someone then the rest of the move occurs.

Substitute can spawn all kinds of objects. I've seen substitute dolls, logs, bricks, and even his FS's trapdoor. These items can be knocked around the stage as weapons too.

His up-air is like Samus's on roids, it's so fun to use, and has a really nice reach.

Shadow Sneak or whatever it was felt a bit tricky to use, I kept doing it wrong I think.

Villager cannot Pocket Megaman's charge shot, I tried and took the attack straight to the face. Might've just been bad timing though. Super useful elsewhere defensively though.

Lloyd Rocket has a bit at the end of the blast where it slowly starts to fall like a plane, before exploding.

Timber is really difficult to get off in a 4 player match, it takes so much time to get everything set up.

Bowling Ball F-Smash has pitifully small range, I'm assuming the fact that it falls is meant to make up for this.

Back-Air Slingshot CAN be reflected by Fox, I had it happen to me.

WFT's Sun Salutation is a really good projectile. Even the uncharged ones have usable knockback, and it goes quite a decent distance.

Volleyball/Soccer Ball Special can be hit by attacks and deflected I believe.

Hula Hoops fly off of WFT at the end and do damage after they've flown off.

A Sonic I fought used what looks like a new D-Smash.

Blue Shells are nowhere near as dangerous in this game as Mario Kart, they're actually quite tame. They can also explode on other items as well. I saw someone saved from its wrath by a party ball.

Ore Club weirdly has the Star Rod's sound effects? I guess the item must not really be finished yet.

All the other items with design changes seem to be basically the same.

Some guy with a big-ass sword is an assist trophy, he can be hit and stunned though. He just ran around and smacked people. Kind of boring tbh. I think this might be the Magnus guy people mentioned? I'm more of a Pokemon guy so IDK.

Another assist trophy looked like DK in a shirt and hat. This one made a wave of bananas fall down from above, which got a lot of laughs out of the crowd.

Xerneas showed up in a match in front of me in line, and it made the Mario and Rosalina near him glow with some blue-ish aura. No idea what exactly that did, I didn't have the best view.

Fletchling showed up as well, it just jumps forward on the ground and pecks people slightly. Really awful Pokeball.

Didn't get to play the 3DS version or Smash Run, people were on it too much but I heard Yoshi has some substantial changes on it, and that Sheik can aim her Light Arrows now? Didn't see either of these myself so take them with a grain of salt.

That's all I have for now I think, I'll be going back Saturday, so I'll see if I can unearth anything else then.

Last edited:

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Another assist trophy looked like DK in a shirt and hat. This one made a wave of bananas fall down from above, which got a lot of laughs out of the crowd.

Xerneas showed up in a match in front of me in line, and it made the Mario and Rosalina near him glow with some blue-ish aura. No idea what exactly that did, I didn't have the best view.
Funky perhaps?

and I'm sure since Xerneas used Geomancy, it prolly powered the characters up since in X/Y it's a stat boosting move.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some guy with a big-*** sword is an assist trophy, he can be hit and stunned though. He just ran around and smacked people. Kind of boring tbh. I think this might be the Magnus guy people mentioned? I'm more of a Pokemon guy so IDK.
Likely is.

Funky Kong?

[collapse="Did he look like this guy?"]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Villagers firework attack changes colors, even the pack.
Villagers Balloons color corresponds with the player number. P1=Red, P4=Green, etc.
Villager can hit with his axe.
I saw him Wall Jump as well, I think it was in one of GameXplain's videos.

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
It wasn't Funky Kong. I don't know much DK (never played a DK game outside of like 10 minutes of Returns) but I know Funky from Mario Kart Wii, and it definitely wasn't him.

Edit: Yeah, it looked like the guy Khoru posted. His fur wasn't as detailed as DK's was (his looks really impressive btw), but I'm guessing that's probably because AT's generally look less impressive than playable characters.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Chunky Kong is it, then?

Need to know that before updating the OP. Also, I think this is the first Assist Trophy from the Donkey Kong series, isn't it?

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
Chunky Kong is it, then?

Need to know that before updating the OP. Also, I think this is the first Assist Trophy from the Donkey Kong series, isn't it?
Yeah, after googling the guy, it was definitely Chunky. He did an elbow drop and then bananas that made people flinch started falling, and when it ended he disappeared. It was pretty weird, even for an AT. I guess he must be a popular DK character though because people were all excited when he showed up and someone starting singing that one DK song.

Kind of disappointed that that's what everyone is paying attention to in my post but eh. I got to play as best starter Greninja in Smash Bros., and I'm gonna do it again Saturday, so I'm happy regardless.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, after googling the guy, it was definitely Chunky. He did an elbow drop and then bananas that made people flinch started falling, and when it ended he disappeared. It was pretty weird, even for an AT. I guess he must be a popular DK character though because people were all excited when he showed up and someone starting singing that one DK song.
Thanks. I've already added him to the Assist Trophy list.

Lethinium in Smash Run (Kid Icarus Uprising)

"Defeat the Reaper" confirmed to be one of the events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SVEkWvnbk
Another Kid Icarus enemy. lol

Biased Sakurai is biased. :p They mustn't have been hard to implement in Smash, considering how they behave exactly like in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Kind of disappointed that that's what everyone is paying attention to in my post but eh. I got to play as best starter Greninja in Smash Bros., and I'm gonna do it again Saturday, so I'm happy regardless.
A lot of what you said was already confirmed by others. Just a few things weren't. Thanks, though. :)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJatbApPQa4

Gamexplain is uploading videos with direct audio. The Wily's Castle song is actually a medley with the jingle you hear when you pick a level, the Mega Man 2 Title Screen, and Dr Wily's Castle from Mega Man 2

Moon Monkey posted this in another thread. Pit's Upperdash Arm deflects projectiles. Including Mega Man's F-Smash. He also deflected one of Samus's missiles in the April Direct.
Pit's Side special can deflect projectiles. He actually deflects Mega Man's F-smash
0:51

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Checking out of curiosity, there are 71 different enemies confirmed so far.

In Brawl's SSE, there were 46. In Melee, there were only 8, of which 6 return for this game.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Checking out of curiosity, there are 71 different enemies confirmed so far.

In Brawl's SSE, there were 46. In Melee, there were only 8, of which 6 return for this game.
To be fair, we have enemies from more than Mario and the SSB Universe. XD

This is cool, though. I'm glad to see far better representation and love for other stuff.

D

Deleted member

I really hate to be that guy, but the OP reads "Release ate (3DS Version)"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
there's a souflee (KIU) at 3:40
Added!

...Damnit, Pac-Man!
Lol.

I really hate to be that guy, but the OP reads "Release ate (3DS Version)"
Thanks for noticing!

I've fixed it.

To be fair, we have enemies from more than Mario and the SSB Universe. XD

This is cool, though. I'm glad to see far better representation and love for other stuff.
I agree it's really cool to see all those enemies in one game. I think there might be more yet to be discovered. Given they're random and a lot of them, each baddie has a low chance of appearing.

Even SSE enemies get some love. I'd also like to see the R.O.B. Squad return.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've got 74, but you're probably not counting things like Spinies and Peahat Larvae.
Actually, I am.

I counted from the list on the OP.

Counted again by copying the table on a word processor. There are 72 lines without the header, so 72 enemies on the list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom