• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Nate says its during the initial frames of dair. We don't actually see it happen when he's talking about it.
The "Smash-Fest Footage" thread had this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4ZOWAX5no

While the Treehouse demonstration didn't get to show it off, there were plenty of matches on the show floor that had some crazy things occur. One involved a glitch where Greninja flew off into the sky while stuck in a "grabbed" animation. Hope they fix that one, lol.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Hey, thanks to everyone in this thread for listing the Smash Run enemies. I've got a comprehensive list on my computer now. Kid Icarus is up to 13 enemies, LOL.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Holy crap... Loads and loads of info...!

Thanks a lot for the help! This game is really packed with content, huh?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You might want to state Doc Louis's voice actor.
The same as Punch-Out Wii?

Based on my time at SmashFest (sorry for the lack of pics. There was a big crowd so the TV was really covered)

- Inkay is a PokeBall Pokemon. He attacks by flipping over. When he flips over, you'll trip if you're near him.
- Giratina is a PokeBall Pokemon. He attacks by using Twister, which sends a horizontal tornado across the screen (think Gust Bellows but bigger)
- "The Devoted" from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn plays on the Coliseum stage.
- Magnus is an AT.
- Snivy attacks using Razor Leaf. It's a PokeBall.
- Polari can appear as one of Rosalina's Lumas.
- Petilil is a Smash Run enemy
Is "The Devoted" the original version or a remix?

Greninja can Wall Jump.
Boxing Ring Springs are counted as walls.
Sonic's side taunt now says "Sonic Speed."
Greninja's up smash does have armor, WFT threw a Bob-Omb at him and he was still there.
The icicles on Mushroom Kingdom U can freeze as their coming down.
Sonic Homing Attack has a (new) SFX.
Gardivor returns same as Brawl.
Lloid Rocket has limited fuel.
As the Blue Shell rises, it hurts.
Zeldas FS is a lot faster.
Villagers firework attack changes colors, even the pack.
Pink Greninja as an alt.
GamePad is a controller, but I only saw used to get past the Title Screen.
ZSS has a new entrance.
Upper wing on Pilot Wings isn't a ledge.
Snivy uses Razor Leaf
Greninja has voice actor.
Triforce Slash is faster.
Star Wand is back.
Victini does V-Create and does nothing.
Tanooki DOES NOT ATTACK.
Pikachus Side Special is followed by a blue trail.
When someone gets a kill on the boxing ring, the person who got the kill shows up on the bottom left corner of the screen and tells them their place.
Genesect is a Master Ball Pokémon.
Icicles fall randomly on MKU.
Upperdash Arm has Super Armor.
Doc Louis is part of Little Mac's victory pose.
Togepi uses a move then disappears.
Drill item is a one-time attack, a drill is shot.
Wii Fit Trainer has voice acting.
Kyorge now damages.
Golden Hammer is back.
Greninja seems to have a counter.
Freezie can freeze two people if they are in the hitbox.
Mother Brain can turn around.
Zero Laser is bigger than in E3 trailer, I believe.
Bowser has a new green alternate.
Villagers Balloons color corresponds with the player number. P1=Red, P4=Green, etc.
Little Mac's helpless animation is him flipping.
Little Mac has voice acting.
5 Bob-Ombs still can come out of Party Balls
Party Ball is back.
Crowd chants are back.
Villager can hit with his axe.
Squeaky Golden Hammers back.
Fox seems to have new voice acting.
Is Little Mac's voice the same as Punch-Out Wii?

Also, by Star Wand you mean the Star Rod item?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
More info:

-The music used in Pac-Man's trailer is Pac-Man Park from Pac-Mania.
-During the livestream, I saw an Iridescent Glint Beetle from Pikmin as an enemy in Smash Run.
-The platforms on Wily's Castle randomly change position from before the Yellow Devil arrives to when he disappears.
-Mega Man's recolors include the Metal Blade, Hyper Bomb and Super Arm colors.
-No shiny recolor for Greninja, but there is a black recolor that looks very similar.
-There are several enemies I don't know in Smash Run, but I will look for them.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
More info:

-The music used in Pac-Man's trailer is Pac-Man Park from Pac-Mania.
-During the livestream, I saw an Iridescent Glint Beetle from Pikmin as an enemy in Smash Run.
-The platforms on Wily's Castle randomly change position from before the Yellow Devil arrives to when he disappears.
-Mega Man's recolors include the Metal Blade, Hyper Bomb and Super Arm colors.
-No shiny recolor for Greninja, but there is a black recolor that looks very similar.
-There are several enemies I don't know in Smash Run, but I will look for them.
Is there a difference between the shiny colors and black palette color?

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii4I2RU6RTg#t=29

Combos are doable and hitstun is seen clearly, this starts at 0:29
After all that content I feel like we still know as much as we did before, we really need to wait for the final product and test it out for hours.

Sometimes I don't understand developers decisions... I mean that stage is perfect but the yellow devil thing disqualifies it completely for casual and competitive... it's not even fun in 4 player with items on to get annoyed by that guy all the time...

SMASHEEEER

Smash Rookie
After all that content I feel like we still know as much as we did before, we really need to wait for the final product and test it out for hours.

Sometimes I don't understand developers decisions... I mean that stage is perfect but the yellow devil thing disqualifies it completely for casual and competitive... it's not even fun in 4 player with items on to get annoyed by that guy all the time...
if the hit-stun wasn't present then that combo wouldn't be doable and he would've air-dodged almost immedietly, i think this is a nice example of combos and hitstun being seen.

also this stage is meant to be made frantic, the series itself originally supposed to be a party game afterall

Last edited by a moderator:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
if the hit-stun wasn't present then that combo wouldn't be doable and he would've air-dodged almost immedietly, but i think this is a nice example of combos and hitstun being seen.
True true, it just worries me that most people who tried it say it feels like Brawl. Only thing I hope for is that offensive style gets rewarded as well.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Darkrai assist trophy, not sure if already confirmed. Check ProJared's E3 Wii U gameplay video

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I'm watching the Nintendo Treehouse live right now and they're playing Smash Bros for 3ds. I can tell you that the song in Tortimer Island is a remix of the Island theme from New Leaf and it goes into the remix of the Minigame theme we heard in the direct. The song for Golden Plains is a remix of the Athletic theme from New Super Mario Bros. (and NSMBWii and NSMB2)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm watching the Nintendo Treehouse live right now and they're playing Smash Bros for 3ds. I can tell you that the song in Tortimer Island is a remix of the Island theme from New Leaf and it goes into the remix of the Minigame theme we heard in the direct. The song for Golden Plains is a remix of the Athletic theme from New Super Mario Bros. (and NSMBWii and NSMB2)
Thanks for the info.

Id (Purpose) plays on Arena Ferox!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Watching the Treehouse stream right now. I'm just gonna keep editing this post with the stuff i see.

The waiting room music on the 3DS is an elevator music style version of the Smash 4 Theme, similar to Brawl's waiting room theme.

Yoshi has a new Up Smash. It's a flip kick like Fox and Kirby's.

Bowser Bomb just broke Yoshi's full shield.

Bowser apparently has a lot of armor on him. There is even a video of Gimpyfish playing the demo somewhere and he upsmashes a bomb and suffers no knockback.

The rocketbelt can detach from the player (don't know if it just eventually happens or you have to throw it.) It will proceed to fly upwards on its own and deal damage to people it hits.

Yoshi's victory theme is the same as Brawls.

The damage Sheik deals to the sand bag doesn't seem to deteriorate. Maybe the waiting room is like Brawls training mode and doesn't properly scale damage.

The Beetle item can be returned to the sender if you hit it hard enough.

We see what Luigis final smash actually does now. It's sucks people into the Poltergust and then launches them out at the end of the attack. Captured Sheik at 0% got her to 43% and then KO'd her.

The Gold form the NSMB2 stage provides permanent Super Armor

Sheik can still wall cling.

The audio is off sync, but I think Luigi has a new sound effect for charging the Side-B. It sounds like a boiling tea kettle.

Sheik's Burst Grenade has a vacuum effect. You can hold the B button to throw it farther. Sheik will pull the pin when you let go of B.

Sheik's Bouncing Fish looks like Chun Li's Hazanshu. I think I saw her cancel the kick during the Sudden death portion on Gerudo Valley.

Sheik's forward throw did not KO Pikachu on Gerudo Valley in sudden death

The meteor part of Pikachus thunder is confirmed to be the thundercloud and not the lightning itself.

Pikachu's victory theme is the same as Brawls.

Toon Link's hookshot is much faster like Samuses. It fires out then immediately reels back in. Doesn't hang out or hit the ground at all.

The Nintendogs stage starts out completely empty and flat. The blocks and toy falls in from the top later and deal damage. The player actually got comboed off the top by them. Say's that's never happened to him before. The blocks and toys eventually just disappear.

The Boomerang item is not garunteed to return to the thrower. Like Link's boomerang, the thrower can move out of the way and cause to the boomerang to fly past. Afterwards it can be picked up again.

Mega Man's victory theme is based of the Mega Man 2 Title Screen music.

Pit's Guardian Orbitars are finally confirmed to reflect projectiles. He says "stay back" when he uses them.

Pit got smacked by the Golden Hammer, bounced around the arena, but jumped and it seemed to cancel all the momentum. I'll have to look through more videos, but I'm thinking the hitstun for this game in general is longer than Brawls, but once its over you can cancel momentum with almost anything, which is why people are still living for a long time and why some moves feel weaker. Again I'll have to check the other footage. This is just what I'm thinking right now.

I'm sure some people have noticed, but the black line that appeared when hit by a strong attack does mean that move will kill the character guaranteed. It is very possible to survive.

If no one mentioned Greninja's voice, it sounds like he's saying "geko" when he's hit.

Pits victory theme is the same as Brawl's

Nate re-iterates that Samus's Screw Attack can kill off the top. The streamers say they noticed Samus was very strong in this build right away.

Again Samus's dair doesn't meteor but meteors shortly after. So you now have to properly space or time the air to get the meteor.

And that's all for the Smash 3DS section of todays stream. Done editing now.

Last edited:

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice that the victory screen music was a remix of the Smash 64 character select screen theme?

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
You have a nice Smash Run enemy list, but I believe you have missed the Lakitu. You have the spinies listed, but not the Laktu that throws them. Also DK has a a Purple alt this time

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok genesect is dead for the running for playable genesect just came out of a pokeball,

And this may be confused with the tanooki leaf but this would hype ridley but pit has a hover mechanic, (correction could be a tanooki leaf though.)

Top Bottom