• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What kind of configurable options you would like to see added in smash 5?

Personally, I'd like to be able to disable stage hazards.
More diverse Special Smash options would be a start. Having everyone be giant, tiny, or metal can potentially get rather dull, so it would be nice if you could do something like make P1 giant, P2 tiny, and P3 metal.

UserKev

Smash Champion
"Not like this?" Not like what? When did I say anything extreme other then that I would hate it if Mimikyu is there?
Dude, I've seen the hate boner you have for Decidueye and your strawman arguements against him. Don't act like you're any better than me. At least I don't lash out at Mimikyu supporters.
And my hate boner just passed on right to you. My bad. I know you seen my dislike for it. All of you. You know what pissed me off about Decidueye? The fact that fans just gave it made up reasons in out of its self. You finally came into the acceptance that Mimikyu is in fact, more likely because it actually has solid merit? That says something.

We have nothing. You have something. Get off the hate train without reason and take Pokken Tournament to its benefit. The same goes to you, Opossum.

Ah yes, how could I forget that Link's moveset is made entirely out of his neutral B and that Zelda's is made out of her Final Smash? :rolleyes:
And you still can't see that you have Pokken Tournament.

And I just realized I also have to deal with Pit's arrows.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And my hate boner just passed on right to you. My bad. I know you seen my dislike for it. All of you. You know what pissed me off about Decidueye? The fact that fans just gave it made up reasons in out of its self. You finally came into the acceptance that Mimikyu is in fact, more likely because it actually has solid merit? That says something.

We have nothing. You have something. Get off the hate train without reason and take Pokken Tournament to its benefit. The same goes to you, Opossum.

Get over yourself. It's beyond embarrassing.
People can want Decidueye in Smash despite it being in Pokken already. There's literally nothing wrong with that at all.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
can't we have a good time speculating on this thread without having some kind of drama in every page?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know I just listed a Kirby character who has no relevance, but an ice-sword fighter sounds like a fun and creative idea. It is kind of sad that Bandanna Dee has not been added already and if he does not get added again, than that is guaranteed going to store up some controversy. He does have a chance and lets hope he makes it in.
can't we have a good time speculating on this thread without having some kind of drama in every page?
I agree this.
People always want to admit that they are right even know they are wrong, which can cause a lot of drama. I wish there was less hatred in this thread, I just want to have a good time speculating as you said. The users can disagree with opinions, but they should not be too dramatic about it and to be inflammatory towards the user who made the opinion.

D

Deleted member

What "made up reasons" exactly are you referring to?
And I NEVER said Deicudueye is the most likely Gen 7 rep, as a matter of fact I've always been pessimistic about its chances. You're making baseless assumptions out of thin air.

We have nothing. You have something.
Now I hope it stays that way

Get off the hate train without reason and take Pokken Tournament to its benefit. The same goes to you, Opossum.
...are you straight up telling us to stop wanting Decidueye?
I'm sorry but I've just lost the tiny bit of respect I've had for you.
And I'm not on a "hate train without reason". I don't like Mimikyu, I don't support it. I like Decidueye, so I do support it.
End.
Of.
Discussion.

So Bandana Dee fans should also give up on him because he's in Kirby Battle Royale?
Your logic is pathetic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gosh darn Pokken taking all the good characters. It's gonna feel weird next Smash when Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo are gone because they're all in Pokken instead. :(

D

Deleted member

Really sorry for losing my temper. I think it's justified, but I apologize nonetheless. Not to Kev though.

Anyway, new topic?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

I'd like menu design/skins/themes based on franchises in Smash. Doing this by character would be tedious and take too long. I'd like this minor configuration as a way to support a player's favorite franchise, like having a Sonic one with a Sonic intro styled background with select and highlighting sounds from Sonic games. If music doesn't go the path of Dissidia's, I'd like some fitting Sonic music basking in said Sonic menu example like the Data Select theme from Sonic 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geez calm down man.
Gosh darn Pokken taking all the good characters. It's gonna feel weird next Smash when Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo are gone because they're all in Pokken instead. :(
I like your style. :joyful:
More diverse Special Smash options would be a start. Having everyone be giant, tiny, or metal can potentially get rather dull, so it would be nice if you could do something like make P1 giant, P2 tiny, and P3 metal.
I agree with this 100%.
Really sorry for losing my temper. I think it's justified, but I apologize nonetheless. Not to Kev though.

Anyway, new topic?
I agree, lets move on to something else.
What I want to talk about is how you users feel about a new Subspace. I heard someone say a new Subspace feels too "showy", while some think it is a great idea and that they should add it immediately. A new subspace would be incredible hype to be honest, but some people could hate it because they have to complete that long adventure to truly beat the game. Thoughts?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
ANNNNNNYWAYS who was fun stage ideas?
It isn't really a "fun" stage idea, but being a Snake supporter I always wondered what stage they could choose besides Shadow Moses Island. I think that Rokovoj Bereg (where you fight MGS3 final boss) would be quite interesting. They could even make the cool reference of having the flowers changing color depending on who gets KOed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Get infracted kiddo, unless you edit the text to more than that

I'm still finishing up my own stage based upon Quest 64's Isle of Skye. It's taking a while due to getting patterns done right.

That said, I'm thinking of hazards possibly being monster-based, with Scorpions, Multi-Optics, Scarecrows, Blood Jells, Pixies, Grangaches, Thunder Jells, Crawlers, and Termants. Not sure which ones just yet. Besides that, maybe Nepty appearing here and there to attack, though her area isn't on the stage itself(which shows off some of Crystal Valley, Blue Cave, and is mostly Isle of Skye itself).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Decidueye has actually valid reasons to be a Sun & Moon candidate, especially being the most popular one. Mimikyu does not work for numerous reasons, specifically as a fighter and the fact that a Pokemon dressed up as Pikachu probably isn't a big draw.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure I want a full subspace but some kind of interaction between characters would be appreciated.

Little things in SSE like Lucario catching Snake or Mario/Link going full rage upon seeing Peach/Zelda killed or basically all of Diddy Kong's scenes were the highlights of that mode.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not sure I want a full subspace but some kind of interaction between characters would be appreciated.

Little things in SSE like Lucario catching Snake or Mario/Luigi going full rage upon seeing Peach/Zelda killed or basically all of Diddy Kong's scenes were the highlights of that mode.
Don't forget the Falcon Punch in all its glory, even having similarities to how the anime portrayed it(with Captain Falcon coming out of his Blue Falcon and all).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget the Falcon Punch in all its glory, even having similarities to how the anime portrayed it(with Captain Falcon coming out of his Blue Falcon and all).
And of course, Luigi's debut where he gets DDDReck'D while Waddle Dee distract him.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Glad to see that Meowth's fandom had never died since he was the winner. But it was far from one-sided, both Sandslash and Alakazam were pretty close. But Machoke? He simply failed that first Pokemon exam. lol

But here's round two of Generation 1, with at least one familiar veteran that many of you may miss. Your picks are Machamp, Gengar, Blastoise, and Ivysaur.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik and Toon Link cause they're in Hyrule Warriors.

Same with Marth, Robin, Lucina and Corrin cause they're in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Seriously, Pokken and the Warriors games shouldn't be skipped over because 'ooooh it's not canon' :rolleyes: Neither is Smash! It shouldn't matter!

Now bring us Celica, Impa and Blastoise damnit.

D

Deleted member

Get infracted kiddo, unless you edit the text to more than that

Speaking honestly and bluntly, that is what he gets. This is why I do not come on the forums often, just saying.

Sate...as for stage ideas, all I can say is fun stage ideas come from the stage builder. If all the parts from Brawl return alongside the ones in Smash U, that would be great. Speaking of, we should have the ability to rotate the spikes part for spiked walls or ceilings.

That is the same thing I would desire. But I would like the option of disabling certain Pokèmon like Goldeen that do nothing to harm the opponent. Same thing for Assist Trophies like Skull Kid or Tingle. I do not know about you, but I like to see my assistants do raw damage.

I agree, lets move on to something else.
What I want to talk about is how you users feel about a new Subspace. I heard someone say a new Subspace feels too "showy", while some think it is a great idea and that they should add it immediately. A new subspace would be incredible hype to be honest, but some people could hate it because they have to complete that long adventure to truly beat the game. Thoughts?
To tell you the truth, I would take this over Smash Tour like most other people. I only played it once for the Ancient Minister trophy; I had already unlocked the characters/stages long before contemplating playing that mode. That said, do not forget what I had told you previously about the cutscenes and how people could potentially upload them as spoilers.

Sayonara :kirby:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Decidueye has actually valid reasons to be a Sun & Moon candidate, especially being the most popular one. Mimikyu does not work for numerous reasons, specifically as a fighter and the fact that a Pokemon dressed up as Pikachu probably isn't a big draw.
Unfortunately for Decidueye, it has not seen an anime appearance yet, which is something that Incineroar and even Buzzwole have managed to receive at this point in time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately for Decidueye, it has not seen an anime appearance yet, which is something that Incineroar and even Buzzwole have managed to receive at this point in time.
Keep in mind this doesn't mean the Pokemon can't get in, it's just that Sakurai usually looks at the anime and movies for characters.

----------

Also, please stop talking about the Warning the user got. That's between the moderation and the user themselves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Keep in mind this doesn't mean the Pokemon can't get in, it's just that Sakurai usually looks at the anime and movies for characters.
And that's pretty much where Incineroar and Buzzwole have the upper hand right now, though the latter is pretty much brand new to the anime (over a week old by now), while the former made its debut in the last Pokemon movie.

Anyway, I could see Buzzwole being a potential playable fighter, especially with its Ultra Beast status giving it some degree of uniqueness when compared to the other Pokemon contenders.

Also, please stop talking about the Warning the user got. That's between the moderation and the user themselves.
Was that statement directed towards me? Last I've checked, I was never involved with that kind of incident.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I would like to see Buzzwole and other Ultra Beasts as bosses. Maybe a single boss fight were you have to defeat all of them

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And that's pretty much where Incineroar and Buzzwole have the upper hand right now, though the latter is pretty much brand new to the anime (over a week old by now), while the former made its debut in the last Pokemon movie.

Anyway, I could see Buzzwole being a potential playable fighter, especially with its Ultra Beast status giving it some degree of uniqueness when compared to the other Pokemon contenders.
Honestly, all 4 are potential contenders(Buzzwole, Decidueye, Incineroar, and Mimikyu).

You're putting too much stock into the anime at this point. There's no question it helps their chances more than it does the grass owl, of course. But keep in mind which one got picked for Pokken as well. The point is there's more factors than the anime, as we've seen with Greninja(also, Pokemon Trainer was chosen without the anime being taken into account. Only Charizard was pretty obvious. The rest were chosen to represent the evolution mechanic, though Squirtle may have been a bit more popular than Bulbasaur due to the anime, and coincidentally Bulbasaur also nearly evolved, but there's really nothing to suggest the anime played any real role in PT's choices).

Was that statement directed towards me? Last I've checked, I was never involved with that kind of incident.
No. It's why I separated the post with a bunch of periods.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What bothers me is that when arguing about characters, people argue about their "credentials" and whether or not they "deserve" to get in Smash.

I think it's more about what characters would be a draw. I mean Andross is a character who deserves to be in Super Smash Bros, being a known Nintendo villain. He has accomplishments under his belt. But, that doesn't hold a candle to someone like Rosalina or Palutena and their popularity. That's someone who would draw in fans. I don't think Bowser was added because he was the villain of Super Mario Bros. He was added because he's ****ing Bowser.

I mean obviously popularity doesn't matter as much when you have no significance as a character, but it seems more of a deciding factor than the former. It's less about what the characters have done and more about what they mean to fans.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Drama's like half the reason I come to this site. The other half is sweet, sweet validation for my dumb ideas.
Mimikyu does not work for numerous reasons, specifically as a fighter and the fact that a Pokemon dressed up as Pikachu probably isn't a big draw.
What dya mean? We see it fight in the main games, in Pokken, and in the anime; ever since it's first appearance it goes off on Pikachu on sight. The fact that it's look is 'shoddy Pikachu rip-off' along with it's backstory makes it endearing to so many people. There's a reason it gained it's own Z Move in Ultra Sun/Moon.

Though I'd prefer Pheromosa or Nihilego, I have to admit that Buzzwole is probably the leading UB in a balance of popularity, potential, and exposure. I can see it getting a Focus Energy gimmick to boost the next used smash attack with Leech Life being a necessity in it's moveset somewhere.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross should be the main villain in the next game. Master Hand and Crazy Hand already represent half his battle strategy.

The plot is simple. Andross is in the process of collapsing Nintendo kingdoms and worlds into each other. Players could pick among several paths to get to Andross.

A black market bazaar and zoo (featuring items and creatures of various Nintendo worlds) serves as an area where trophies/modifications can be bought and mini-games played.

Beating giant head Andross unlocks playable bipedal Andross.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what ghost type I'd really like in Smash other than Decidueye?
Chandelure.

Inb4 irrelevant gen / it's in Pokken so it can't get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I miss the Trainer Concept. I wanna see Moon with Popplio, Torracat, and Decidueye.
The only problem with the Pokemon Trainer was the stamina mechanic, which can quickly hinder the Pokemon who's currently fighting, and you're forced to have to use three different fighters as well.

While the concept seemed good during Brawl's time, it's probably for the best that Charizard became a standalone fighter for Smash 3DS / Wii U.

D

Deleted member

I mean obviously popularity doesn't matter as much when you have no significance as a character, but it seems more of a deciding factor than the former.
Says the guy who argues that Pauline is more likely than K. Rool and Dixie.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Please don't take potshots at other users. This doesn't have anything to do with their actual argument.
But it does.
He argues that Pauline is more likely than other DK characters because she's more recognizeable, but then he says that popularity is the deciding factor.
I was merely pointing out a flaw in his logic.

FalcoOfTheNorth

Smash Rookie
I got a permission from a moderator so everyone, please play it nice and not try to get other thread locked.. Also feel free to rip my case apart!

-------

--------

I didn't know that there are kinda two almost similar threads, so I'm going to repost what I said in other thread, regard with Smash NX (I know there are many assumptions here so I want to clear it up with "extended vacation")

I admits that we don’t really know anything about Smash NX and what it’s going to be. I want to start with what we already know. We only have a rumor from Dr. Toto which claimed Smash NX is planned to be one of launch titles for Nintendo NX.

I’m totally aware that people already know that Sakura is on an extended vacation. I think people might look into this too literally because it could meant anything depend on people's preference of word-usages. I meant, there is an article that Sakurai implied that his vacation might be short. I know it's easy to cherry-picking to temper our disappointments.

Sakurai could take a break from industry and let Bandai-Namco handle the port job. When the team is done with their port and code job with Smash NX, he could come back to development. If I recalled correctly, I remembered an article claims that Bandai-Namco working on porting Brawl to New Smash, and getting the prototype ready for Sakurai awhile he's working on Kid Icarus. (I might be wrong on that)

But short development schedule? We don't know what they are up to. It's possible that they wouldn't change that much between Smash for and Smash NX. But there is a chance they might do so we shouldn’t forget the fact that they already have assets ready for 58 characters, stages, etc.

Also I would like to point it out that It only took Sakurai and his small team to make 7 characters, 9 stages and many Mii Costumes within 16 months which is pretty impressive. Imagine bigger team with 13 months. It only take two years and half to make 51 characters with a huge team, along with many contents like stages, single players, etc.

Sakurai is one of most proud developer so I'm not sure if he would like the idea of Smash 3DS/Wii U being a port job to Smash NX and just simply leave it alone. I meant he would rather to make Brawl over letting them port Melee with internet mode to Wii. A guy who shared information about Sakurai (the guy who got fired) said that Sakurai is very hand-on with Smash Bros Franchise so I could imagine that he's going to work on next Smash Bros (maybe for last time (Port or not,)) Also he really like to work on Smash Bros because he felt that he could work on interesting things, and he's unsure if team is ready to work on Smash Bros without him. Here is his statement on his opinion.

Regard with New Contents,

Sakurai already acknowledged that characters are the perfect tool to hyping up the audiences and to build up the interest for the audiences to purchase new Smash. Personally, I think Sakurai knew Smash is one of most high profile franchise and have the power to move the consoles, so I think it might be their best interests to include brand new contents for the fans to purchase the game again. I know it's very debatable with the fact it doesn't need new contents for some fans to re-purchase the game.

He already felt that Smash for 3DS and Wii U already went passed the limit for Smash Bros franchise. Also it would made an excellent counterargument that we might not get any new characters in Smash NX. (I would like to mention the comments Sakurai made was in Jan 2015)

My final comment:
After those quotes, I just can't imagine that Sakurai would leave up the port job to Bandai-Namco and call it for day. I think Nintendo and Sakurai actually know that people would be excited to see more new characters, and motivated them to pick up Smash NX and Next Gen console. However I think it's best to expect the worst for Smash NX. Either it goes, I'm going to be there on day 1 if I could.

it would be stupid for nintendo not to release a port of smash 4. It was the 4th best selling game on the wii u selling a combined total of 2,190,000 copies! And thats only in the us and japan! Combine that with the sales of the nintendo switch and it would expose a ton of people to the game who didn't buy a wii u. In my opinion the only reason smash 4 didn't sell better is because the wii u wasn't selling very well in the first place. combine this with the fact that multiple leaks (not confirmed but still very likely to be true) are stating that their will be a port on the nintendo switch almost guarantees it will be on the switch. not only this but also the huge outcry for a port on the switch is humongous and tbh near to impossible to avoid when talking about upcoming games for the switch. It will also would save a ton of money due to for glory being practically the only thing keeping internet support on the wii u still a thing, releasing a nintendo switch version would make the wii u version practically obsolete thus allowing nintendo to shut down wi-fi support for the wii u without to much backlash saving them some extra cash. And the oppurtunity for nintendo switch amibo exclusives would make a lot of collecters jump for joy as amibo's were a huge cash cow for nintendo. Nintendo has even shown that they can port wii u games to the switch with mario kart 8 deluxe. in conclusion I see no reason for nintendo not to capitalize on the sales that smash 4 had and the sales of the nintendo switch plus all the other things i just mentioned.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it does.
He argues that Pauline is more likely than other DK characters because she's more recognizeable, but then he says that popularity is the deciding factor.
I was merely pointing out a flaw in his logic.
That has nothing to do with what you quoted. You're taking it out of context.

it would be stupid for nintendo not to release a port of smash 4. It was the 4th best selling game on the wii u selling a combined total of 2,190,000 copies! And thats only in the us and japan! Combine that with the sales of the nintendo switch and it would expose a ton of people to the game who didn't buy a wii u. In my opinion the only reason smash 4 didn't sell better is because the wii u wasn't selling very well in the first place. combine this with the fact that multiple leaks (not confirmed but still very likely to be true) are stating that their will be a port on the nintendo switch almost guarantees it will be on the switch. not only this but also the huge outcry for a port on the switch is humongous and tbh near to impossible to avoid when talking about upcoming games for the switch. It will also would save a ton of money due to for glory being practically the only thing keeping internet support one the wii u still a thing, releasing a nintendo switch version would make the wii u version practically obsolete thus allowing nintendo to shut down wi-fi support for the wii u without to much backlash saving them some extra cash. And the oppurtunity for nintendo switch amibo exclusives would make a lot of collecters jump for joy as amibo's were a huge cash cow for nintendo. Nintendo has even shown that they can port wii u games to the switch with mario kart 8 deluxe. in conclusion I see no reason for nintendo not to capitalize on the sales that smash 4 had and the sales of the nintendo switch plus all the other things i just mentioned.
Please don't reply to posts that were many months back. He doesn't often visit the thread anymore, despite starting it. I don't currently have a reply to your points, that said.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Next starters of pokemon could be Water/Ice - Fire/Ground - Grass/Rock in order to do a double rock-paper-scissors like the Fighting/Dark/Psychic combinations in Generation 6.

Currently 10 of the 18 types are in Smash 4. If those pokemon appear on Switch, Grass/Rock would make 12 out of 18. Only three more double types then would need to be present for all types to be represented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom