• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Brawl for the 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
OMG AHAHAHA

If this turns out to be more balanced than Brawl Wii, I'm gonna start a ****in' riot to get it generalized as the standard for Brawl

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
"Keep your eyes peeled as the VGTribune crew covers Nintendo World 2011! Already we have rumors, and supporting pictures, that suggest that we'll be seeing Super Smash Brothers on the new Nintendo 3DS."
That says SSB, not Brawl. But still it being Brawl is still valid. I mean look at the screens on top. Not to mention that the screens are right under the 3DS section...

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
It's probably just Pit telling the spectators that he made an appearance in Brawl. The stand is for the new Kid Icarus

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Doubt it, if it's Pit saying something, it's about Mario.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I normally dont look for a way to make this look fake, cuz i really want this, but,

Related posts
"April Fools: Nintendo to launch Super Smash Bros. Brawl X: Extreme"
see? it says April Fools. I hope this isnt one

Life

Smash Hero
April Fools in early January. Yeah, sounds legit.

Can anyone read the words on the screens? Looks like Pit commenting on Brawl.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This is either the greatest news in the world, or the biggest trollpie in the face. Honestly, if they do release a Smash Bros. game on the 3DS, not only does it give me a bigger reason to get one (not that I was hesitant to begin with), but it may change the way we play competitive games. Yeah, there's Pokemon, but to widen the amount of competitive games on handhelds, I think it's fair to say it'd be pretty groundbreaking, no?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I don't really see why they would have Pit commenting about Brawl at a 3DS stand though, especially if Brawl would have nothing to do with the 3DS.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Well, there's always this year's E3. With most of Nintendo's big series either already having recent games, or having new ones coming out on the 3DS/Wii, I think it's likely we'll hear about a SSB 3DS. They gotta have something big to announce at E3.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, there's always this year's E3. With most of Nintendo's big series either already having recent games, or having new ones coming out on the 3DS/Wii, I think it's likely we'll hear about a SSB 3DS. They gotta have something big to announce at E3.
That's true, but in hindsight, Smash Bros. is a game that's more catered to consoles than handhelds. That being said, it's more than possible to make a SSB game for the 3DS, but considering some of the button placements, and the way a Smash Bros. game is played, it may be unlikely for Nintendo to release a Smash game on said system, even though it's clear it has the graphical power to handle such a game.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't seem too difficult. True the DS is more touch-screen oriented. But the 3DS, I remember had an Analog Stick of sorts. They could ditch having two jump buttons, maybe make X or Y a Smash Button (to replace c-stick and make smashes less difficult on the 3DS). Shoulder buttons would still be the same, and d-pad would be for taunts.

Doesn't sound bad to me at all, except that four player matches will have to include 4 3DS'.

Djent

Smash Champion
I don't think button configurations will be much of a problem, honestly. I mean, if they can make Street Fighter work on the 3DS, then Smash shouldn't be too much of a problem. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The problem lies more in how you'd get four players on the two screens without zooming it far out.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
The screen is large enough I'm sure for the camera to zoom out and such. Btw, the new Super Monkey Ball for 3DS has a mini-game where it's a fighter that looks VERY similar to Smash Bros. and Jump Ultimate Stars. Maybe you guys should check that out.

And I was thinking instead of the smash button as someone commented before, that they could put like a C-stick-like function on the touchscreen for easier smashing (because in Brawl, I use the Classic Controller Pro, and I have A to jump, B for Standard Attacks, Y for Specials, and X for grabbing, so I'd like to stick to that style). OR they could use the D-Pad for smashing also instead of taunts.

Anyways Smash Bros. on 3DS is a great idea in my opinion. Being able to play Smash while in the car = a million X thumbs up.

UberMario

Smash Master
If they do eventually make one, they could use the regular control stick for regular play, and make the d-pad act like a c-stick. Also, they could have X be for short hops and Y for regular jumps (one where you hold it down to determine how far you go), L for shielding, R for grabbing, and select+D-pad for taunting. No touch screen action would be necessary. (Which, in a fast paced fighter of any kind, wouldn't be a good idea to use because it would be too easy to stab it to death by trying to be faster than the other player)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think button configurations will be much of a problem, honestly. I mean, if they can make Street Fighter work on the 3DS, then Smash shouldn't be too much of a problem. ;)
You have to remember though that Street Fighter only has two fighters at a time, doesn't have items, and in comparison to Smash Bros, has very simplistic stages without platforms, hazards, etc.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
They are making a Cartoon Network fighting game on the 3DS, that will play like Smash Bros. Once we see it in action, we should be able to tell if a SSB would work or not.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
For those wondering how it'd work, look up Shoen Jump Super Stars and Shoen Jump Ultimate Stars, both on the DS. It's a Smash Bros style fighter with various characters from shoen Jump anime, including DBZ, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Yugioh, ect

Anyway, it's just a history reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom