• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 64 Frame Data & Info

The Star King

Smash Hero
Is there anyway to access knockback values? I know they accessed the Melee files for knockback values for Project M.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about this chart you have:

How did you get these values? I've been trying to find the in-game values for things like weight (so I can then eventually find the hitbox code), but the game file doesn't have any 0.84s (the weight you gave for DK) as far as I can tell.
that's not accurate he's trying to redo all the values.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
hey guys sorry to bump this thread again but i need the accurate weight values of the 64 chars for a hack i am personally working on plus this thread is the only existing data point for the game :/

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hey guys sorry to bump this thread again but i need the accurate weight values of the 64 chars for a hack i am personally working on plus this thread is the only existing data point for the game :/
What do you mean by weight exactly? Fall speed data is there, so I assume you mean relative knockback each character receives. I think there's a difference between vertical and horizontal knockback resistance of each character, so maybe its really 2 things you're looking for.

DMoogle

A$
From the stickied index thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100456

EDIT: Actually that info might be wrong. It says Samus is heavier than Fox, which doesn't sound right, even given the other factors. Antd's data has been wrong before.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
yeah numbers in this system are backwards higher weight means lighter character??

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
can any one get any accurate numbers because i tried to turn donkey kong's weight into a whole number it gave 65 what?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you can't use the same scale for brawl as you can for 64, stop expecting to have someone pull simple numbers out of the game

find DK and jiggs' weights in brawl and use a matched scale with the 64 data or something

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
you can't use the same scale for brawl as you can for 64, stop expecting to have someone pull simple numbers out of the game

find DK and jiggs' weights in brawl and use a matched scale with the 64 data or something
ok well i was just asking would be awesome but oh well :/

The Star King

Smash Hero
But for all practical purposes (except for on the mushroom kingdom scales), where does it matter? She even dies at low % in the tornado.
I think floatiness only harms resistance to vertical KOs. I also think heaviness also means less hitstun on Samus (i.e. Fair -> djc nair with Yoshi is a lot harder on Samus than on Jiggs at 0%).

Battlecow

Play to Win
But for all practical purposes (except for on the mushroom kingdom scales), where does it matter? She even dies at low % in the tornado.
It depends on the kind of attack you hit her with. Try killing samus with a throw or any other attack that hits horizontally and you'll see what I mean.

She's definitely a lot heavier than fox. It does matter.

We go through this like once every week lol

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
ok so samus is heavy what about dk cause he feels seriously light compared to the other games maybe its just me?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Pretty sure that's just you.

BTW, can't you just set Mario's weight to 100 and scale everything else to that?

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Wut? We were talking about Samus's weight vs Fox's. This guy.

Anyways, take the reciprocal of DK's weight value, since the numbers are backwards, and you get ~1.19... multiply by 100 and you get 119. Compared to the Melee and Brawl numbers it seems OK. I guess DK is actually a little heavier in comparison, assuming antdgar's numbers are proportionally correct. Do this for all the characters and you can get decently accurate numbers, I guess.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh god, I think I'm getting legit sunburned from the sheer intensity and persistence of the cantankerousness directed at me right now. Hey, man, if you have home problems or something, feel free to tell us about them.

ANYWAYS, I was talking about weight in general when I said the DK stuff. You've gotta be able to distinguish between weight and fall speed. It comes up a lot, and if you think they're the same thing you're going to **** up. Obviously A$ probably knows there's a difference and is getting his labels mixed up, but still...

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, I think I'm getting legit sunburned from the sheer intensity and persistence of the cantankerousness directed at me right now. Hey, man, if you have home problems or something, feel free to tell us about them.

ANYWAYS, I was talking about weight in general when I said the DK stuff. You've gotta be able to distinguish between weight and fall speed. It comes up a lot, and if you think they're the same thing you're going to **** up. Obviously A$ probably knows there's a difference and is getting his labels mixed up, but still...
i KNOW im just trying to set a scale based on the data we have ill adjust later

The Star King

Smash Hero
WUT. My response was totally normal.

Oh, when you said that we go through this once a week I thought you were talking about Samus being heavier than Fox, not weight vs falling speed. My bad.

DMoogle

A$
Yeah, I know there's a difference. I think I misinterpreted what "fall speed" means... there should probably be another word for it, since it sort of implies it only relates to the speed at with a character falls, even though it's more than that.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I'm adjusting the scale so that 1 = 50 could some one change the decimals to whole numbers?

The Star King

Smash Hero
hey guys I'm adjusting the scale so that 1 = 50 could some one change the decimals to whole numbers?
Uh, why 50? Shouldn't 1 = 100?

I think you should just do what I did and take the reciprocal of each number, and multiply by 100.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Uh, why 50? Shouldn't 1 = 100?

I think you should just do what I did and take the reciprocal of each number, and multiply by 100.
i tried 100 it made my wii crash some how 50 doesn't plus im pretty sure that if you turn donkey Kong into a whole number it's 65 or something

clubbadubba

Smash Master

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
hey sorry for double posting did some testing psa was messsing the files up scale set back to 100 need help converting those decimals to a usable number

The Star King

Smash Hero
Christ, I feel like this guy is trolling me.

Donkey Kong: 119
Falcon: 104
Fox: 100
Jigglypuff: 77
Kirby: 84
Link: 104
Luigi: 100
Mario: 100
Ness: 91
Pikachu: 86
Samus: 109
Yoshu: 108

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Christ, I feel like this guy is trolling me.

Donkey Kong: 119
Falcon: 104
Fox: 100
Jigglypuff: 77
Kirby: 84
Link: 104
Luigi: 100
Mario: 100
Ness: 91
Pikachu: 86
Samus: 109
Yoshu: 108
And if you want them on a smaller scale, divide them all by 2 to get your 1:50 scale.

Donkey Kong: 59.5
Falcon: 52
Fox: 50
Jigglypuff: 38.5
Kirby: 42
Link: 52
Luigi: 50
Mario: 50
Ness: 45.5
Pikachu: 43
Samus: 54.5
Yoshu: 54