• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You have a point.

But I think most of Snake's hype was the fact that he was the first non-Nintendo character to appear in Smash and that would open the door to characters some never thought they would appear in Smash.
Exactly, in order to top that you gotta have something else so unexpected that would create a lot of buzz.

Though personally I think Sakurai meant top it in regard to aesthetics.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Exactly, in order to top that you gotta have something else so unexpected that would create a lot of buzz.

Though personally I think Sakurai meant top it in regard to aesthetics.
If Sakurai pushes the Wii U's graphic capabilities to the limit, I think the game will look quite good.

Well, we will find out in a month.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You could also try going to the SSB4 Roster Discussion thread by Scoliosis Jones since characters seems to be the main thing for you.
Not sure what thread your talking about.

Anyway, the reason I say that is that the main roster topic was FAR more active and, as I expected, discussion didn't move here. It just died instead. I'm not sure if other threads were effected, but I assume they would be.

This article I'm writing was something I had been working on for some time. It's something I want to get done before E3.

D

Deleted member

Not sure what thread your talking about.

Anyway, the reason I say that is that the main roster topic was FAR more active and, as I expected, discussion didn't move here. It just died instead. I'm not sure if other threads were effected, but I assume they would be.

This article I'm writing was something I had been working on for some time. It's something I want to get done before E3.
http://smashboards.com/threads/roster-prediction-discussion-thread.336018/page-7#post-15490511

Right here.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Uuugh, I swear, they better put million times more effort and polish to trophies and their descriptions this time.
I never cleared DKC2 and Brawl said Expresso the Ostrich is in it.

Just found out he's not.

Dear God, I had forgotten the half-baked and bad translations/misinformation on trophy sections... I feel bad for people who think they're "true".

Nope, the GBA-remake doesn't count, especially because he's just another collectathon device and a minigame fodder.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope the in game Legacy Demos are thought out properly aswell.
You can't even do a full lap in the F-Zero game...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The demos should be scrapped entirely. It's a pretty redundant and pointless feature when the eShop is perfectly capable of providing demos.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The demos should be scrapped entirely. It's a pretty redundant and pointless feature when the eShop is perfectly capable of providing demos.
This. So much.

I dunno why they even bothered putting these in, especially when some just last about HALF MINUTES. Pure advertising of VC only, that's all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It really just felt like the Masterpieces were just a poor way of advertising the Virtual Console, so I doubt we'll see them again, or at least in that same way.

EDIT: Horsetail, you ninja...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can get behind that notion. I think that whole feature could be replaced with a small vid documet bios for each character and detailing how they orginated and how they got their moves in 2 to 3 mins.
Something akin to these with a bit more structure would be nice.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
For the trailer, I wonder how they'll top Wario's Giga-fart :awesome: , that trailer was hilarious. Also it's nice to see we're talking about Smash Bros. for once.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Wow, I never seen this thread be inactive for almost 2-hours, to continue what do you expect the trailer to be like, maybe showing off newcomer's move-sets or maybe something in an epic sort of way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At this point, I want to see mostly gameplay. Brawl trailer told us very little.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
For the trailer, I wonder how they'll top Wario's Giga-fart :awesome: , that trailer was hilarious. Also it's nice to see we're talking about Smash Bros. for once.
Aye, who'll be the comic newcomer? *Gasp* A WALUIGI MOMENT!
Or Peppy Hare saying "It's quiet. . . too quiet. . ." just before the starfox crew is thrown into the fray because the fight comes near them.
King K. Rool being a bumbling madman? OH, or Takamaru getting a nosebleed? How about Anna getting special Voice Acting in Coin Mode/knocking the coin out of people like Wario?
Hey guys, let's talk about the trailer.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking of nosebleeds...I expect the trailer to go something like this:

So I've already said that I'd love to see King K. Rool, Takamaru, Toad/Bowser Jr., Palutena, and a 3rd Party. So, uh, I've made a quick trailer...Don't take it seriously.

I imagine the trailer something like...

[collapse=Wall of text]The 4 iconic characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby) somehow get extracted from their world and pop up in a battlefield. They start having a friendly fight when Bowser Jr. sees them in the distance. He thinks of a plan to crash the party. Newcomer: Bowser Jr.

So Jr. hops into his Clown Car, and flies closer. However, King K. Rool is also in the distance and sees Mario & Co. Fighting. He decides that he wants to crash the party as well. Newcomer: King K. Rool. Rool comes closer and fires projectiles as well as Jr. The attacks both end up missing Mario & Co. and collide, causing Mario & Co to fall down because of the impact. Mario & Co. are confused when suddenly Rool and Jr. run up to each other angrily. They both blame each other for missing. Rool stops, however, and whispers in Jr.’s ear. Jr. nodes and laughs evilly as they both decide to join forces to attack Mario & Co.

Jr. quickly spits out fire balls. Mario can’t react fast enough, however, a blue figure quickly jumps out of a bush. He fires projectiles that intercept with the fire balls, protecting Mario & Co. Newcomer: Megaman. The duo villains both get upset, and they both fire a massive projectile. Megaman creates some sort of energy shield that reflects both projectiles in the same direction. Meanwhile...

Takamaru is randomly sitting peacefully on a hill nearby. He’s looking so handsome with his long hair blowing in the wind when, suddenly, he gets hit with the reflected projectile. Takamaru looks around for who caused the attack. He starts to walk down the path when he sees a figure coming his way, who turns out to be Roy. Roy’s just cleaning his sword, looking all handsome in his Awakening design when, suddenly, the other reflected projectile hits him in the head. The two glare at each other and then start to sword fight, as they mistake each other for causing the attacks. Newcomer: Takamaru. Returnee: Roy.

The two start to get closer to a steep part of the hill, eventually tumbling down. They roll right down to the base of the hill, right next to Mario & Co. The two swordsmen get up and continue battling. Mario’s all like, "Waah! We all have to work together to stop the party crashers!" Meanwhile...

Palutena is watching the battle from the Heavens. She decides that she wants to partake in the friendly brawl but thinks that Takamaru and Roy shouldn’t be fighting each other when there’s party crashers attacking. Newcomer: Palutena. She then comes down to the battlefield and intercepts Takamaru and Roy’s attack, pointing to the villains who were the real ones who hurt them.

Both swordsmen apologize and Mario & Co. get ready to attack the villains. Rool and Jr. runs in and colloids with the good guys, and everyone dukes it out. You know how in cartoons, when people fight sometimes there’s a giant dust/smoke cloud covering them? And all you see are arms, legs, and some attacks that pop out of the dust? (Aka big ball of violence) Well the same thing happens during the fight, so it’s hard to see what’s going on.

Anyway, as the fight goes on, Takamaru is quickly pushed onto Palutena. He can’t hold it in and starts to nosebleed, blood squirting right out of the cloud. King K. Rool’s tail somehow gets stuck in Megaman’s canon arm, while Palutena’s hair gets caught in the Clown Car’s propeller. However, Wario is hiding in a bush near them all along. He wants to crash the party and is all like, "Eh eh eeeh!" He jumps out and faces his back to them, sticking out his bottom. He then does his fart attack but a massive pillar of gas shoots out from his bottom and fires straight into the cloud. Roy does some sort of fire attack, however, the gas hits the fire causing a gigantic explosion. -alternately, replace the gas with something explosive-The damage is huge, causing the world to blow up. After a couple of seconds, Mario respawns, and is like :glare: :facepalm:

Then all goes black. You think it's over when an glowing purple eyes are revealed and an evil laugh is heard..."Muwhahahaha!"

FIN[/collapse]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry I'm late but where on his Twitter did he said that? His most recent tweets are only talking about some Wii U karaoke game.
It was shortly after Nintendo Direct from January 2013 where Iwata stated that SSB4 screens would be shown this year's E3.
Afterwards, Sakurai tweeted that he would make a trailer and try to top Brawl's.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Why did Lobo keep getting ignored??

Anyway, Traits sort of struck me as Blazblue's Drives. Anyone here who's played Injustice able to confirm this?

For this to work in Smash, a large portion of the mechanics and inputs would have to be completely redone. It's a great idea and it streamlines characters in a unique way making them easier to learn than say SF for example. I\m glad to see it venture outside of Blazblue.

I think maybe something SIMILAR could be done, but it would mean redoing inputs in Smash, however it could allow for more diversity in the fighters, especially clones. What you got in mind Lobo?
People decided talking about menus were better

Anyway, in injustice traits were activated by pushing the b on x-box, circle on playstation, and a on wii-u, so really not a lot of change (maybe make it x on wii-u)

And are you asking for specific example or what

and I haven't played blazblue, what are the drive inputs

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Okay thanx Frost I did find that tweet. That would explain why I didn't see any Smash 4 today when I Googled filtering searches to within 24 hours.

But yeah the Brawl Trailer was amazing. It's going to be hard to top that trailer so Sakurai is going to have to pull out ALL the big guns when it comes to character reveals.

But to be honest the Nintendo World 2006 trailer was more exciting for me compared to the E3 trailer so I hope it's more like that:

Speaking of which, why wasn't that song in the Nintendo World trailer in the final game? I loved it SO much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I want to see mostly gameplay. Brawl trailer told us very little.
Well, the Brawl trailer hinted at Assist Trophies (Nintendog) and Final Smashes (Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus). I guess it's not much but they were perhaps the biggest additions to Smash, yes?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People decided talking about menus were better

Anyway, in injustice traits were activated by pushing the b on x-box, circle on playstation, and a on wii-u, so really not a lot of change (maybe make it x on wii-u)

And are you asking for specific example or what

and I haven't played blazblue, what are the drive inputs
Drive is one of the four attack buttons in BlazBlue. BlazBlue has A,B, and C inputs corresponding to Light, Medium, Heavy. Drive (D) is somewhat like the B button in Smash, but not quite. D's inputs vary greatly from character to character. Noel's is essentially a dial-a-combo Drive. Taokaka's has her rushing in at you from different angles with some followups built in. Nu-13's is essentially a projectile spam. In short, the properties and inputs for attacks using the D button is unique to each character, like their own little template.

Speaking of which, why wasn't that song in the Nintendo World trailer in the final game? I loved it SO much.
Good question. They remixed that damn song so many times and they never included this one, especially since it was good.

I watched this again and I realized that it, again, was mostly flash and hardly any real substance. The only thing that really stood out was that Mario was able to do a three attack combo, but it's possible that Link didn't mash dodge.

Well, the Brawl trailer hinted at Assist Trophies (Nintendog) and Final Smashes (Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus). I guess it's not much but they were perhaps the biggest additions to Smash, yes?
Except it told me next to nothing about how much different the game was going to play. It told me about new additions, but I didn't see much action save for one scene which was filled with camera angles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, it is not like Brawl was going to play any differently from 64/Melee. Were you referring to changes in Smash physics?

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I would love for Ridley, K Rool and Megaman to be revealed in the first trailer the hype would be through the roof. imo that's the only way to top Brawl's epic first trailer. Also I would love individual trailers down the line for returning characters like Mewtwo and Roy, and maybe another third party character.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah. Fox got a trailer confirming his return (like he wasn't going to return right?) so seing little trailers for other important characters would be neat-o.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
How many newcomers do you guys think will be revealed in the 1st trailer? In Brawl I think we got 5 with Pit, Wario, Zss, Metaknight and Snake. I think 4 would be a good amount this time around. Ideally it would be K Rool, little Mac, Ridley and Megaman

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Number of characters? Hmm... 4-5 new guys sounds good. But I'm pretty sure Mario, Link, Kirby, & Pikachu will show up again too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I can guarantee that Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, and Pit will show up for the first trailer. Everyone else is more of a gamble.

D

Deleted member

Way off topic, but I just wanna say:

Muramasa the Demon Blade...

IS ****ING AWESOME!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The veterans that are revealed in the first trailer are dependent on which newcomers are revealed. For example, if Palutena was revealed, it would only make sense that Pit was as well.

The only exceptions to this are, of course, Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom