• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, today's Pika day.

"This fierce fighter uses electric moves like Thunder Jolt and Thunder. Pikachu Libre is one of the alternate costumes and you can tell she's female by the shape of her tail."

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Palutena to be shown for multiple reasons.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I wish they'd give us music twice a week, they probably have more than enough new tracks to do that. The wait is killing me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Tonight's fighter is Pikachu (Do have to wonder as to how many more veterans they'll show off before we get to something else entirely different)!
What do you mean? All new characters have been covered, as was the case for each of them shortly after their reveal.

So far:
  • 9 new characters
  • 35 returning characters
  • 6 new stages (includes BF and FD)
  • 6 returning stages
  • 4 new items
  • 8 new Pokemon
  • 9 new assist trophies
To go:
  • 2 new characters
  • 26 returning characters
  • 0 new stages
  • ??? returning stages
  • 7 new items
  • 5 new Pokemon
  • 8 new assist trophies
That is a total of 48 entries for the next 54 updates until release. If we assume 6 more returning stage posts, that's exactly enough content planned to get us through release day.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
They've skipped two Mondays in a row. I'm unsure if there's a particular reason for this or if they're just slowing down the post schedule. Most of these aren't really new information so it's not a big deal, but it is a little unusual.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hmmmm I went on the site again and I still don’t see it. Oh well, not a big deal. Atleast it’s here.
Hit ctrl+F5 to hard reload the site. Sometimes the Smash Bros website gets kinda tangled in your browser's cache for some reason.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lucina tonight. Nothing new or interesting in the description.
Not like there were gonna be anything new about her since she’s Marth’s echo (and he ain’t got nothing new moveset wise)

But on the bright side...Fire Emblem is gonna have some great remixed songs thanks to one artist

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
How many fighters are left now? We must be getting close. Either way, I hope the rumors of an October 16th Smash Bros direct are true.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This week's music is from Pokemon! The track in question is a remix of Steven Stone's battle theme from ORAS!

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Music Theory is pretty much dead now since I believe Incineroar is in, no matter what. Glad that means there's still a little bit of hope for a Zelda and Kirby newcomer though.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Music Theory is pretty much dead now since I believe Incineroar is in, no matter what. Glad that means there's still a little bit of hope for a Zelda and Kirby newcomer though.
You sound a little too confident.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Inb4 Verg and the music theory are wrong lol

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
You sound a little too confident.
I'm not 100% sure, but given that Vergeben has been right about everything so far, I'm going to say he's right about Ken and Incineroar. I still hope those aren't the only ones left, but I do think they're in.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm not 100% sure, but given that Vergeben has been right about everything so far, I'm going to say he's right about Ken and Incineroar. I still hope those aren't the only ones left, but I do think they're in.
He may have been right, but he also hasn't given us everything. I like to point out that Gamatsu looked very real too, but it got Chrom wrong and didn't account for some others. Remember, we don't know for sure, so don't act like it's a given.

Again, show me a video and maybe I'll believe it.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
He may have been right, but he also hasn't given us everything. I like to point out that Gamatsu looked very real too, but it got Chrom wrong and didn't account for some others. Remember, we don't know for sure, so don't act like it's a given.

Again, show me a video and maybe I'll believe it.
Gematsu was real. Chrom was planned, but was scrapped due to being too similar to Marth or Ike, I can't remember which. The Chorus Kids were also planned to be in the game and I believed that was discovered through datamining.

Of course, there's totally a chance Vergeben is wrong. I think it is a very minimal chance though. And most leakers don't know everything about the game so that can't be held against him.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Gematsu was real. Chrom was planned, but was scrapped due to being too similar to Marth or Ike, I can't remember which. The Chorus Kids were also planned to be in the game and I believed that was discovered through datamining.

Of course, there's totally a chance Vergeben is wrong. I think it is a very minimal chance though. And most leakers don't know everything about the game so that can't be held against him.
It wasn't fully accurate though. Your statement of saying that [insert weird Pokemon name here] was definitely in shows you seem a little too confident. Especially with little to no corroborating evidence.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't fully accurate though. Your statement of saying that [insert weird Pokemon name here] was definitely in shows you seem a little too confident. Especially with little to no corroborating evidence.
I wasn’t around during Smash 4 speculation so I don’t know what you’re referring to about Gematsu not being accurate. Every character was either planned or in the game.

Again, I’m just basing my speculation off the fact that Vergeben has not got anything about Ultimate wrong so far so there is a very good chance Incineroar is in the game. It’s not my opinion or anything.

I think we may be driving this thread off-topic though so I’m not going to say anything else about him.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The additional update for the day on Japanese twitter is Brinstar.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated the OP. Also, sorry about totally missing Brinstar. I didn't even see it was up on the English site until I looked for today's update. Brinstar's now in the Archives.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So fitting for a Samus to give us an update related to Metroid. :ultsamus:

Death's Scythe is also today's announcement. Nothing new, except it talks about some black aura that surrounds your opponent before you attack, which signals an instant KO. I may be afraid of this item given my problem or fear with instant death/KO things. *shivers*

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Silly for fun prediction:

Luigi will be the last Fighter of the Day.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
So fitting for a Samus to give us an update related to Metroid. :ultsamus:

Death's Scythe is also today's announcement. Nothing new, except it talks about some black aura that surrounds your opponent before you attack, which signals an instant KO. I may be afraid of this item given my problem or fear with instant death/KO things. *shivers*
Don't play on New Pork City - I forgot his name but the beast there can do that in this version instead of just launching you hard(but can be teched)like in Brawl.

I don't see this much different from the Home Run Bat, imo, but yeah, this will be a deadly item. It's a shame you can't give the same treatment Luigi got and actually remove the victim's soul. Anyway I would likely keep it off as much as I like items.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic is going to hunt down all the OCs he’s dealt with over the past decade with that Death Scythe

Top Bottom