• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Ricochet: Wonderland (The Finale is here! Who won?!)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
EBWOP:

When Fire Emblemier said that Hector was the scummiest lord to use in a confirming post I realized he and i will never get along and we've been bitter rivals since. He doesn't know it yet so this post will be a fun surprise for him.
Scummiest Lord during that game. Though, I stand by the fact that Micaiah is always scum and you should always vote her day 1.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think Birthright is the best of the Fates games, and if you're only going to play one I think it should be that one, but that's somewhat of an unpopular opinion. I don't really get a lot of the praise Conquest gets, really. Its map design is okay, but that's about it; in terms of stuff like having an actual difficulty curve where earlier chapters are easier than later ones, it's a complete mess.

Conquest does have Forrest in its favour though, which is really a very significant point in its favour since Forrest is by miles the best thing to come out of Fates.
I think there’s this idea that harder games are better games and so since conquest is harder it gets to be better? I heard it’s story was better than birthright as well, but not that it matters since the third route is apparently the best?

Scummiest Lord during that game. Though, I stand by the fact that Micaiah is always scum and you should always vote her day 1.

Fair, lyns story line is very much just “we have to save my grandfather!!!!” Which how can you fault someone for that?

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
Who wants me to be thier best friend this game?
I could be your friend if you wanted.
Is this voting thing just going to end up with pairs of people all voting for each other, until we end up with a 12-way tie?

@thread: Tell me why I should vote for you. Bonus points for gratuitous Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem, and/or David Bowie references.
I won't win the vote but FE fangirl here and I enjoy EO although I haven't played eo too much (gotten deep into eo 2 but I didn't beat it.) Mia is probably my favorite character of FE but I enjoy so many of them. I've played FE 7-9, Awakening, and Echoes. I need to play more of 6 but its enemy deployment and then attack you stuff made me stop for a bit xD I'm also pretty deep into FEH too, although I feel bad how much I've invested into it because of its gacha nature.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I love how I managed to turn this into an FE thread, one more step on my path to conquering this site

I think there’s this idea that harder games are better games and so since conquest is harder it gets to be better? I heard it’s story was better than birthright as well, but not that it matters since the third route is apparently the best?
All three stories are pretty bad, but for me Birthright at least made some amount of sense and wasn't completely full of Corrin making bad decision after bad decision. Conquest's story is more interesting in concept, but in execution isn't done so well.

the third route is apparently the best?
ahahahahahahaha
Nah, Revelation is pretty bad in all areas. It's by far the least polished of the three, its maps are full of gimmicks that could have been interesting with a bit more work but ended up just being frustrating to play with, and its story makes the least amount of sense. Only good thing about it is that you get to recruit most of the characters from both sides (but you don't actually get to have everyone because of reasons).

I won't win the vote but FE fangirl here and I enjoy EO although I haven't played eo too much (gotten deep into eo 2 but I didn't beat it.) Mia is probably my favorite character of FE but I enjoy so many of them. I've played FE 7-9, Awakening, and Echoes. I need to play more of 6 but its enemy deployment and then attack you stuff made me stop for a bit xD I'm also pretty deep into FEH too, although I feel bad how much I've invested into it because of its gacha nature.
Same-turn reinforcements are laaaaaaame. Mia is pretty cool, though.

Vote: Alice

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
I could probably gush about FE all day if I wanted to~

Vote: Moydow

Dual Shot isn't even that scary of an item, plus I don't mind supporting a fellow FE fan~

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Conquest is the best route overall in my opinion as honestly all three routes suffer from the plot being dumb, so it was easy for me to overlook it for Conquest save for the really bad plot point that was revealed in chapter 15 and made sure the plot couldn't be taken seriously for the rest of the game. I enjoyed it for the maps, music, and overall interesting aesthetic, that east vs west culture clash is appealing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Clarity:

Using an item on a player (or giving them gold) is anonymous. However, the player that is targeted with the item or gold is made known in the thread.

Funky town. :3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah. Item purchases were supposed to lock in at 7:00pm CST, but I am just going to lock them in at 8:00pm CST alongside Standard Actions and Item Actions.

Therefore yes, it is fine if you queue up an item purchase AND use it on the same night. Oh yeah, and just one more time:

ACTIONS LOCK IN AT 8:00PM CST, WHICH IS IN 1 HOUR AND 7 MINUTES! DEFAULT ACTION IS SHOOTING AIR AND NOTHING ELSE!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Phase 1 ends!

Votes:

giraffelasergun (1): Pokechu
moydow (2): Nabe, Alice
Pokechu (2): giraffelasergun, Shish

Because there was a tie, the item will be randomly distributed between Pokechu and Moydow!

RNG says...

Moydow wins the roll! Moydow now has the Dual Shot (?g)! They can do some serious damage with that if they're charged up...

Standard Actions:

giraffelasergun shoots (1 dmg) Moydow!
Moydow charges up! (Takes extra point of damage if shot)
Kicklecubiclist shoots air!
Pokechu shoots himself!
ShinyLegendary defends Red Ryu!
Nabe shoots air!
Red Ryu shoots air!
Shish defends Fire Emblemier!
Fire Emblemier defends Shish!
Alice Phantasma shoots Pokechu!
GoldenYuittusin shoots air!
Ura shoots air!

Item Actions:

Anonymous gains an extra health point!
Anonymous equips Durable Shield!
Anonymous equips Durable Shield!
Anonymous gives Moydow 4 Gold!

Final Phase 1 changes to health:

Shish gains 1 health point!
Moydow takes 2 damage! (source: GLG + charging)
Alice gains 1 health point! Alice takes 1 damage! (source: Pokechu shot himself)
GoldenYuiitusin gains 1 health point!

Standings:

1. Shish - 4/4 HP
2. Moydow - 1/3 HP
3. Alice - 3/4 HP
4. Pokechu - 3/3 HP
5. Red Ryu - 3/3 HP
6. Fire Emblemier - 3/3 HP
7. ShinyLegendary - 3/3 HP
8. KickleCubiclist - 3/3 HP
9. giraffelasergun - 3/3 HP
10. GoldenYuiitusin - 4/4 HP
11. #HBC | Nabe
- 3/3 HP
12. Ura - 3/3 HP

Phase 2 begins!
(inventories will be updated shortly)

Phase 2 ends on 11/20/2018 at 8:00pm CST!

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
(I know it's silly to state someone received health anonymously and then state that they gained a health point, but it's not hard to do the math anyway lul).

Edit: removed an error from item actions.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Item Available!

The item up for grabs is...presto! ~THE UNHOLY HAND GRENADE OF DOOM!~

~THE UNHOLY HAND GRENADE OF DOOM~ (?g) - Deals 3 damage to a single target! HOLY COW!

To vote for a player to receive this item, simply use the command Vote: Player. Remember, you can't vote for yourself!

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It has been requested that I provide a visual of ~THE UNHOLY HAND GRENADE OF DOOM~. Unfortunately I do not have one off-hand, but I do have a picture of his cousin Bobert the Bomb, who looks strikingly similar:

(https://i.imgur.com/O7KermT.png)

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Chapter 1 - Battle Royale

Walking into the coliseum got me...queasy, for lack of a better term. Like walking into a situation where you just know, somehow, some way, something terrible is about to happen. Like Buckner walking into Shea, as the Americans would say. Call it a premonition; I'm no prophet, I just play video games and forum mafia, am I really that suspicious?

Alright, maybe I know a little bit more than I'm letting on. Sue me.

As I entered the inner combatant circle, 11 others were already waiting there. One of them immediately caught my eye; he looked eerily like Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. His mannerisms didn't quite fit the bill, but that was to be expected; after all, Solid Snake is made up of polygons. Isn't that right?

"Snake" looked at me and tutted, then continued smoking his already lit cigarette. No surprises there. He was in the dark about the situation, just like everyone else. Warped here by some peculiar blue portal for reasons by which we should all be unfamiliar.

The coliseum was par the course: archaic and large, certainly not built in a day. An exact replica of Rome's, except the inner circle has been cleaned out; the footing was much more pleasant than modern day as it was mostly dirt and some sand, and there were no obstructions. Aside from that, the only thing notable, as well as the only thing catering to our vision, was a mysterious blue light directly above the coliseum's center. How enigmatic.

Suddenly, a familiar voice, his voice, rang out.

"Greetings, chosen 12! I see you have all finally arrived. I am Ramuh, God of Thunder."

Right on schedule, the proclaimed god of thunder abruptly manifested in the blue night sky and "graced us" with his presence. I mean, sure, there were some minor differences here and there; I can't say I expected this many residents of NZone castle, but it all felt the same. I appreciate the different spices of life.

I'll skip the drama; thunder goose is going to tell us that we've all been invited to compete with each other to attain the ultimate prize. He claims that this is a ritual that occurs every thousand years or so. Sounds like hogwash, right? Doesn't matter what it sounds like though. What matters is that the geezer is presumably our only way back home and that we must fight to the very end.

Or so he thinks.

You're fun to talk to. Maybe I'll let you in on a little something as the fighting goes on.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Conquest is the best route overall in my opinion as honestly all three routes suffer from the plot being dumb, so it was easy for me to overlook it for Conquest save for the really bad plot point that was revealed in chapter 15 and made sure the plot couldn't be taken seriously for the rest of the game. I enjoyed it for the maps, music, and overall interesting aesthetic, that east vs west culture clash is appealing.
Honestly I imagine it's probably really hard to write a game with three different plots that all use the same characters and are cohesive. They can't have you hate the villains because they're the allies in the other games it's just a mess. Good idea in theory though.

Thinking about picking up birthright on Black Friday though, have to see what kind of 3DS sales are out there. Also might get detective pikachu for the lulz.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
You have to play EO5 to completion and name at least three characters after me, and ensure that those characters never get killed at any point.
Okay, I have a Pigtail shaman named Moy Moy, a straight haired Harbringer named Moydoom, and a Roid Rage Pugilist named Moy(knock)dow(n)

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
He's lying, the character limit doesn't allow for "Moy(knock)dow(n)"
I'm not lying I definitely pulled out my 3ds and Purchased Etrian Odyssey 5 from the eshop, downloaded the game, and named 3 characters in the 10 minute period between when moy and I posted. I'm on the first floor of Tutelary Forest now.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, I have a Pigtail shaman named Moy Moy, a straight haired Harbringer named Moydoom, and a Roid Rage Pugilist named Moy(knock)dow(n)
Cool, post pics when you're done beating the final boss, and then we can talk votes.

He's lying, the character limit doesn't allow for "Moy(knock)dow(n)"
like you'd know when you can't be bothered to actually play the game

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hi dudes. You know the drill.

DEADLINE IS IN 2 HOURS AND 20 MINUTES! :3

Also, I updated the Phase 1 end post. Forgot to include Ura. Ura shot air.

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit surprised at all the silliness considering the holy hand grenade can one shot someone.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah I know, it's a shocker. It doesn't even replace the gun. It's an Item Action and not a Standard action, meaning you can shoot and throw it.

I know, I'm a crazy goose.

Top Bottom