• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
So are you guys going to put colors (for each character) into the game? If you do you could give Sonic a Shadow costume, or do stuff like that for other characters...
In addition to being extra work for everyone, alternate costumes would massively
bump the filesize due to the need for individual textures. It wouldn't be hard to do,
but if we want to keep the game under 20MB, it's necessary.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Please, whatever you do, you HAVE to add king K rool.
Also, if you do decide to put him in, it'd probably be best to leave out any dk64 representation:p
(sorry if people loved dk64, its just before that game Kink K rool was a badass. i mean, hes a freaking crocodile, pirate, king!) It's just they took a badass character and turned him into a goofy, stupid, wannabe bond villain.

Bring back the badassness!

Edit: if you want any more playtesters im glad to help out!
*resisists flame attack*

-_- I think I would prefer to see K. Rool with boxing gloves, using at least ONE attack from his 64 appearence, especially the invisible charge. But anyway, most of his moveset probably should be from DKC./

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sweet, new stage. Looks a lot better than the other castle or kingdom stages IMO. I can't wait for the speedy updates on a new site.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Sweet, new stage. Looks a lot better than the other castle or kingdom stages IMO. I can't wait for the speedy updates on a new site.
Don't get me wrong there, there will not be a "new site". Why would we do that, ever? XD
We'll get updates to you faster, but I doubt the frequently. Sadly, were a team of living individuals with individual lives, and sometimes things happen. There will be more, faster, but we can't promise we'll update every single day. You gotta give us the chance to keep our social lives in shape, too. Hahahaha.

Thanks for the feedback, also. Love to hear more.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Don't get me wrong there, there will not be a "new site". Why would we do that, ever? XD
We'll get updates to you faster, but I doubt the frequently. Sadly, were a team of living individuals with individual lives, and sometimes things happen. There will be more, faster, but we can't promise we'll update every single day. You gotta give us the chance to keep our social lives in shape, too. Hahahaha.

WHAT!? That is simply unacceptable. You are not allowed to have a life. No more human interaction for you guys. Hhhhmmmm there's still the you being human thing. I'll be visiting all of you to replace all your organs with mechanical ones.

Also keep up the good work. I'm really starting to get excited for this game.

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
sounds solid......
why do i still have to try really hard to pick kirby, fox, or pikach...:p
haha its really annoying...especially since half the time i end up changing the CPU unwantedly too....

majora_787

Smash Hero

I could have phrased my sentence better, but that is not what I meant. :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
*resisists flame attack*

-_- I think I would prefer to see K. Rool with boxing gloves, using at least ONE attack from his 64 appearence, especially the invisible charge. But anyway, most of his moveset probably should be from DKC./
Why though?
They simply ruined his character!
Everything about DK64 was goofy. The sheer goofiness of that game is what caused a lot of hate for it.
I think nintendo needs better villains. King K rool was a good villain, but they took a **** on the franchise and ruined his character with that game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why though?
They simply ruined his character!
Everything about DK64 was goofy. The sheer goofiness of that game is what caused a lot of hate for it.
I think nintendo needs better villains. King K rool was a good villain, but they took a **** on the franchise and ruined his character with that game.
I know the game was goofy, but K. Rool in that game was still K. Rool and with a good concept. The invisible charge is a not-goofy attack, and one I personally liked. I'm only asking for that one attack as rep from DK64.

It's not like I'm asking him to always carry boxing gloves bigger than his head.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but can you please add the ability to turn off gimmicks? I'm sure that the level designs are programmed before the gimmicks of the stage, so it couldn't be that hard to make a disable option.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
What would be the point? The thing that really sets the stages apart is the gimmicks. That's what Battlefield and Final Destination were for, to have stages without gimmicks. There's no reason to have out Battlefield stage if we have the option to turn off gimmicks.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lol, it'd be easy to do, and it will probably be done for all stages with hazards.

Perhaps there'll be a generic menu, e.g. Hazards: Low/med/High
You guys should, if you implement assist trophies, do the same thing there. I wanted to do thaf in Brawl so I could have ULTIMATE themed matches, but it didn't happen.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
On an unrelated note, out thread has

OVER 9000

views.

Thank you for all your support :D <3~
What?! 9000! :O

Anyway nice job on the stage, it's always great to see something original. btw are you going to put in Melee, and Brawl stages in the game, along with the smash 64 stages?

majora_787

Smash Hero
What?! 9000! :O

Anyway nice job on the stage, it's always great to see something original. btw are you going to put in Melee, and Brawl stages in the game, along with the smash 64 stages?
Smash 64 stages? Bring back the Metal Cave. Please. That place was awesome.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Lol, it'd be easy to do, and it will probably be done for all stages with hazards.

Perhaps there'll be a generic menu, e.g. Hazards: Low/med/High
I agree with Hoeloe though. There is a reason FD and Battlefeild exist. If people don't want hazards, play there.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If there are Smash 64 stages, I beg for Saffron City.

The good old days...

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
You misunderstand my point. Even if it were slightly different in shape, how different would it really be? The odd floating platform in a different place? Image, for example, Green Greens without the Tree or the blocks. Boring no? Why not just play final destination, it's the same thing, roughly.

But hey, Taro says it might happen, so it might.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Do you have any gameplay videos?
I'm sorry, not at this point.
You should be able to find videos on the site when we update on some
of the goods. There's alot we're just not showing, and we have some
interesting videos to lay down all the awesomenesses.

Yeah I said awesomenesses.

Top Bottom