• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Oddesy for the Nintendo Switch Discussion

D

Deleted member

Yeah man pretty major good to see her back. Mayor of a city now women's ben keeping herself busy.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So apparently there aren't game overs in Odyssey, and it seems there is negative reception of this, i really don't mind it because games like Wario Land 2 and 3 had a similar mechanic were Wario can't die, but platforming and puzzles still delivered challenge.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I finally completed Super Mario Odyssey. I collected all Power Moons and all purple coins and all costumes and all souvenirs. Now waiting for the second DLC for Breath of the Wild. :awesome:

My top 10 hardest Power Moons to collect

1. Souvenir Savant (Mushroom Kingdom)
  2. Taking Notes: On Top of the Wall (Wooded Kingdom)
  3. RC Car Champ! (Metro Kingdom)
  4. Beach Volleyball: Hero of the Beach! (Seaside Kingdom)
  5. Arrival at Rabbit Ridge (Dark Side)
  6. Breakdown Road: Hurry! (Dark Side)
  7. Breakdown Road: Final Challenge! (Dark Side)
  8. Vanishing Road Rush (Dark Side)
  9. Vanishing Road Challenge (Dark Side)
  10. Long Journey's End (Darker Side)
Costumes that Mario needs to have in Super Mario Odyssey 2 (or as DLC)

Army Helmet & Army Outfit - from Mario's Bombs Away

Racer Hat & Racer Outfit - from Famicom Grand Prix: F-1 Race

Baseball Cap & Baseball Outfit - from Super Mario Bros. Print World

Director Hat & Director Outfit - from Mario Paint

Composer Wig & Composer Outfit - from Mario Paint

Repairman Outfit - from Nintendo World Class Service

Tennis Headband & Tennis Outfit - from Mario's Tennis

Hard Hat - from Wrecking Crew '98

Ringmaster Outfit - from Mario Party: The Top 100

Emperor Outfit - from Mario Hanafuda

Referee Outfit - from Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream

Soccer Outfit - from Kyoto Purple Sanga

Striker Outfit - from Super Mario Strikers

Propeller Helmet & Propeller Outfit - from New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Biker Helmet & Biker Outfit - from WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

Toad Hat & Toad Outfit - from Super Mario Bros.

Wizard Hat & Wizard Outfit - from Mario Party 2

Sunshine Shades & Sunshine Outfit - from Super Mario Sunshine

Fire Hat & Fire Outfit - from Super Mario Bros.

Bee Helmet & Bee Outfit - from Super Mario Galaxy

Toy Hat & Toy Outfit - from Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Hammer Helmet & Hammer Outfit - from Super Mario Bros. 3

Indian Turban & Indian Outfit - from Doki Doki Panic

Stanley Cap & Stanley Outfit - from Donkey Kong 3

Bucket - from Mario & Wario

Santa Hat & Santa Outfit - from 2016 Club Nintendo Calendar

8-Bit Hat & 8-Bit Outfit - from Super Mario Bros.

Boomerang Helmet & Boomerang Outfit - from Super Mario 3D Land

Rabbit Hat - from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Orange Hat & Orange Outfit - from Super Mario Bros. 3

Black Hat & Black Outfit - from Super Mario Galaxy

White Hat & White Outfit - from New Super Mario Bros. 2

Kamek Hat & Kamek Outfit - from Super Mario World

Shy Guy Mask & Shy Guy Outfit - from Super Mario Bros. 2

Sprixie Crown & Sprixie Outfit - from Super Mario 3D World

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Luigi's Balloon World is an interesting form of gambling; it would be cool if there were a second mode where it actually showed you where the balloon was with a higher risk/reward.

The fact there isn't a online sandbox mode where multiple people could be running around say New Donk City is troubling; imagine a Shine Thief-like scenario with everyone jumping across buildings and stuff. There are enough outfits where it wouldn't get confusing. Even a hide-and-seek mode with live opponents instead of balloons.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Mario Odyssey is hands down my favourite game and Cappy one of my favourite Mario characters. Love the game and Kingdoms.

Dan

Smash Lord
Does how fast you hide the balloons coincide with how long people have to find them, or does the game somehow calculate the time given in relation to difficulty?

D

Deleted member

Not really sure myself I think it's just a set time. But maybe it's harder and different depend on the higher difficulty for people in Baloon world mode!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
ngl, I feel like the only one who wasn't impressed with the game. I felt like I was being rushed through the main story, which was laughably short ( I beat it in a single evening, that has never happened in a 3D Mario with me), the transformation stuff seemed really shallow and contextual, and all the post game moons just felt like finding Korok seeds in the new Zelda. Quantity over Quality, except at least Koroks were used to enhance your inventory slots, while Moons were just McGuffins. I think this has to be the most overrated game on the switch. People were just excited that it wasn't linear, but imo, Mario is at his best when he's doing linear obstacle courses.

Maybe I need to give the game a second go but im not sure it's going to change my mind. I don't even particularly dislike non-linear Mario, I like 64 and Sunshine well enough, but something about Odyssey just didn't click with me.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
The game was disappointing; that doesn't mean it was bad, but it was disappointing.

I dream for the day 3D sandbox Mario games aren't going to be just these weird chunks of areas as worlds; let the whole game take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, and use Mario characters other than Mario, Toad, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi. The Koopalings could've totally stood in for the Broodals; how about a DK boss battle in New Donk City where he's climbing a building with Pauline and you have to capture a plane to defeat him... how was that not in the game?!

Top Bottom