• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Happy Fun Time Tournament - Need set-ups! - May 5th, 2013 - Chatsworth, CA

joeplicate

Smash Master
hey, can anybody give me a ride to the tournament tomorrow?

i'm gonna take the bus into the valley today and then hopefully roll out with someone tomorrow, so i don't need a ride back

also, housing for tonight would be greatly appreciated!! :)

joeplicate

Smash Master
i'm definitely down for camping

so anyone from 818!
i would still appreciate some housing, we could play melee and make sweet justice happen
strain, fiction? i could take the bus to you guys :)
plus i'd help you pay for gas tomorrow
anybody? *fingers crossed*

edit: i realized just now that if nobody can house me, i can just go early tomorrow morning LOL
that'd be pretty fun actually

double edit: fiction is the man. i'll see everyone tomorrow!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Dendy, I live like 4 min away from Occidental College, LA,
and I also live close to Eagle Rock so maybe you, n1000, me can all practice or somethin later

But yea, looks like he says he can give you a ride, I suck at driving

Finally...my second melee only tournament

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Joe is so tall he doesn't fit anywhere but the biggest couch in the entire house!

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea irvine should totally come to this
tourny doesnt "start" until 1!!!
its like a 1 hour drive!!!!

macdd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if someone brought zhu's controller for me (fly?) i would omg love you forever

also i need a teammate!!!

cortez?????

WHA?

Smash Ace
lovaage
can i get a ride
i got 2 tvs 1 cube, u can get venue fee off with ur cube or somethin
im at roscoe and de soto

Strain

Smash Apprentice
HOLY ****. There's really no way I can think of to introduce this, but Andy and I got into a car accident on our way to the tournament. My mom was driving us in her '84 cherry red Thunderbird (really nice car, virtually no miles on it, just got it this summer) and we were on our way to Wha's house. There was a red light on Roscoe and Oso, and there were two cars in front of us. My mom had basically stopped (going 2-5 mph I would say at the most) when all of the sudden we get rear ended HARD. We end up slamming into the car in front of us and they slam into the car in front of them, both of which get pretty bad bumper damage. My mom's car is ****ing totaled though. The trunk is at a 45 degree angle and was dragging on the street, and the doors couldn't be opened without extreme force because the window frames behind them wrapped around the doors. The most ****ed up thing is that it was this senile old lady in a camper that hit us (I seriously think she was drunk or something) and we didn't know where she went after that crash! Her car was unmovable but she just bolted it seems. Andy and I both had minor cuts from broken glass, but besides that and some soreness we're fine. My mom got a bad bruise and has had a history of back and neck pain so I hope this doesn't make it worse :(

I really wish I could have made it to this, I was looking forward to seeing everybody. I wish I could have gotten more playing in this summer :/ Obviously that's mostly on me, but I've been having family troubles which has prevented me from going a lot of the time. It just sucks that the last tournament I went to my brother's TV got stolen, then Fiction bailed as my ride (still <3 you shep), then this happens.

UCLA starts back up in about a week and a half so this was going to be my last tournament of the summer, and I've really been trying to improve to get on the top 20 :/ I'll try and make it out to tournaments during the schoolyear, but I think since it's my junior year things are gonna be a bit tougher. I'll try my hardest though, I love this community. There isn't a smasher I've met that I haven't liked. Hope to see you all soon, and sorry this message was kinda long lol <3

D

Deleted member

fukkkk dude

lets play more often just hit me up whenever u wanna

festizzio

Smash Champion
this was a great event!

thanks to everyone who came out!

come to the next one!

1: By the Powers of Naughtiness combined (lovage + craiger) ($42.00)
2: Nestor & Fiction ($21.00)
3: Joe + Sung ($7.00)
4: Wha + Atlus
5: Team Occidental (das + n1000)
5: The KOREANS!!! (ThisGuy + ThatGuy)
7: Eugene & Eric

1: lovage ($49.00)
2: replicate ($14.00)
3: Fiction ($7.00)
4: atlus
5: Nestor
5: Sung
7: ThisGuy
7: ThatGuy
9: n1000
9: craiger
9: Fishy
9: Eugene
13: Wha????
13: Das

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I had a blast still haven't eaten all day, no breakfast but that doesn't matter when you're smashing
I failed replicate but learned lots of stuff, hope to do better next time!

...ok time to eat

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
This tourney was super fun and tommy's was **** :D

BY THE POWERS OF NAUGHTINESS:

Sung: you are better than i thought you would be!
festizzio: what happened to you?
craiger: your fox is better than your falco by a lot. you got a lot better keep it up you are improving!
joe: great sets. i need to play good people like you more if I'm ever going to get better. This tourney helped me to improve a lot and it was cool havin u over XD
lovage: fun friendlies. your fox *****. you hate on mah stuff but at least you're honest XD. ill be able to give you a good challenge soon enough
wha?: play a diff char
kevin aka unknown presence aka the REGIONAL SMASH CHAMP: if you smashed with me more you'd get better :( idk why you don't come over more but your sheik is better than your marth was lol
kevin's bro who's name i asked but now can't remember :( : i swear you remind me of this so much: http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/show/my gym partner is a monkey/characters/windsor gorilla (not the way you look the way you act and your voice)
strain: accident sucked ! glad you are mostly ok. sorry for bailing last time I'm usually not a flake
guys who went to tommy's with us who's names i never learned : you guys are pretty cool :)
nestor: sad times that we had to play in tourney :(. always fun playing you though!
atlus: good set. i wish i could play you more you are very fun to play

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
yeah that accident sucked. this was my last 818 tourney too.. i ended up going to the hospital too >< strain i hope you and your mom feel better.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney! Sorry you had to leave festizzo.

Shout outs:

FICTION: Your avatar owns. Haters gonna hate.
Lovage: Grats on winning. wtf is up with your jenky controller?
Joe: Glad I got to talk to you and play against your falcon while we were warming up.
Craiger and wha?: I enjoyed the friendlies we played a lot. (Next time I'm gonna get you in falcon dittoes Craig)
Nes: your peach is beast.
Eugene and Eric: Fun doubles matches.

All Ways Gaming is a kickass venue.

DendyPretendy: Where you at? lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear that, Strain. :( At least you and your mom and andy are alright it seems.

Also sorry I had to leave early, family emergency. =\ Sounds like whoever took over the tournament after I left did a good job though, thanks guy.

Top Bottom