• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think it's very easy to conclude the leak was either fake or was a "here's an answer I just came up with, shut up" scenario.

Because of the "Sakurai wants to focus on existing series" comment

We got plant, and then there was nothing else like that in DLC so far

Also if we're "small", the Banjo fanbase was also small, and look where he is now

Basically don't try to use mental gymnastics to justify why he's not in yet, he's just not in yet

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not sure why such a trusted source for an important insider would say something that just doesn't seem to match up with what we have seen so far. Again, we don't really know anything yet. All we can do is keep pushing for Isaac and mentioning him anywhere we can, even if people tell us he's impossible. That's the only thing we can do to make sure this happens.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
With Terry I noticed a pattern that everytime Sakurai mentioned he loved or even liked a certain game. The main character of that game makes it into Smash.
Street Fighter II, King of Fighters, Persona 5... he also mentioned Xenoblade 2. I don't want to call bias, but I don't think Joker would have ever even be considered if Sakurai didn't personally want him 100%
Which makes me think that the probability of Rex being the first DLC First Party character is like... 99%

DogManStar

Smash Ace
With Terry I noticed a pattern that everytime Sakurai mentioned he loved or even liked a certain game. The main character of that game makes it into Smash.
Street Fighter II, King of Fighters, Persona 5... he also mentioned Xenoblade 2. I don't want to call bias, but I don't think Joker would have ever even be considered if Sakurai didn't personally want him 100%
Which makes me think that the probability of Rex being the first DLC First Party character is like... 99%
If we think that then 2B is also basically confirmed. Not sure about that happening honestly

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai likes a lot of games.

That's what happens when you seemingly own every game ever.

And considering we don't learn about how "big a fan" Sakurai is about some of these series until after they get included, it's not an especially reliable tactic to predict what's to come.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I think it's very easy to conclude the leak was either fake or was a "here's an answer I just came up with, shut up" scenario.

Because of the "Sakurai wants to focus on existing series" comment

We got plant, and then there was nothing else like that in DLC so far

Also if we're "small", the Banjo fanbase was also small, and look where he is now

Basically don't try to use mental gymnastics to justify why he's not in yet, he's just not in yet
What leak are we talking about?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
What we have also to take into account is that Sakurai has changed mind over the course of years/Smash games, like with Ridley, or with Banjo, or Pacman or Villager. He stated what he saw as problems regarding those characters as reasoning to them being absent from Smash and then they got in as playable when those problems were no more, so there is that. Though Sakurai has never publicly stated anything about Isaac, even if the "he needs a new game" was real, it could have changed by now seeing how the fandom not only pushes for Isaac in Smash but for a new GS as well.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
He never mentioned anything about Banjo-Kazooie before Banjo's confirmation, and he only discussed DQ offhandedly prior to Hero

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
How many more DLC characters do you guys expect to arrive after the FP? My guess is 10 (divided among two more passes)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
How many more DLC characters do you guys expect to arrive after the FP? My guess is 10 (divided among two more passes)
I’ll be crazy to say we could very well get at least 10 more. But it’s also possible that we could get 25 more so that we can reach 100! Who knows?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think we will get as many as Sakurai wants to do. I genuinely believe his statement that he wants to push the number. He and the devs are only human. They can only do so much

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think as long as Sakurai wants to continue doing DLC (Which he seems really invested in the idea of Smash adapting the "games as a service" practice) and as long as it continues to be monetarily viable they could realistically go until people stop buying the DLC or throughout the rest of the Switch's lifespan.

Hell, I wouldn't put it past us to make it to the 100 playable characters mark or beyond at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I’m gonna be super conservative and say 5. Ten feels right with the datamine about all the extra World of Light spots, but it’s tough to say that’s a concrete fact and I don’t want to get my hopes up.

I have to say that I love how this question is open-ended right now. The fact someone could come along and comfortably say 15 or 20 is mind-blowing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sakurai and company just kept trickling the content out for a long time. I can’t wait to see what the character select screen or that character banner looks like in 3-5 years.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I reckon it's from a range of 5 to 25. Bare minimum he'd want to the have same amount of bonus DLC characters as fighter's pass characters and maximum is Sakurai hitting the 100 character limit if he really wants to go that far. I don't think he'll go any more than that

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I guess it depends if we’re going to get more Fighter Passes or if we’re just getting characters. If Sakurai and his team don’t have to make stages for each new character then more can be created in less time.

If we’re going to continue getting stages with DLC then I think maybe we’ll get 10 more. If it’s just characters then I can see maybe 15. But even just getting 10 seems pretty crazy despite the fact that it seems entirely in the realm of possibility with Ultimate and the Switch’s success as well as Sakurai’s desire to keep expanding the game.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll be conversative and guess 5 more fighters, taking us through early 2021. I feel like the best comparison point we have is Splatoon 2, which got two years of post-release support that just ended recently. Maybe we get more due the excitement and sales numbers Smash continues to receive, but I'm going to try to keep my hopes from going too high.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't think they have or will set a hard number. It's too useful of a tool for marketing future games to commit to a specific amount, and really just from Sakurai's words it sounds like he wants to go as far as he can. I ignored his words when the Grinch leak was ooching about, thinking "not that many newcomers" was relative or just a smokescreen or something. But they were quite true, and therefore I expect "I want to push the record as far as I can" to be likewise true.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
If we think that then 2B is also basically confirmed.
I didn't seen when and where Sakurai said he was a fan of Nier, however, I remember him saying he was a fan of Minecraft. In before the fifth character of the pass being Steve.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I expect 5 as of now but I wouldn't be surprised if we got just to 100, now the question for that 100 would be if it would include echos or not on Sakurai's eyes given how they don't have their own number.

ZelDan

Smash Master
the optimist in me expects no less than 5 characters. The super optimist could see all 10 slots past the 5th FP characters being filled up.

I don't really think we are going to see Smash Ultimate get 100 characters, though I certainly wouldn't be upset if I were wrong. Maybe if they go crazy with echoes they could reach 100?

Eh, I'm just going to stick with 5-10 right now.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Considering the final Fighters Pass character will officially be #75, I'd say reaching 100 just isn't possible. At the current pace of five characters a year that would occur late 2024/early 2025, which is so far from now the Switch may not even be the current Nintendo console. Echoes brings us up to 82, and if we bump it up to six characters annually we could make it by the end of 2022, which at least sounds plausible, but as far as I know four years of new content is unprecedented for a Nintendo game. A Smash roster of 100 characters is a cool idea, to be sure, but I'd be very surprised if we met that lofty goal, at least not in Ultimate.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
How many characters can they fit in that last row of the roster? That should give us a first hint already.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How many characters can they fit in that last row of the roster? That should give us a first hint already.
If all 16 datamined WoL slots get filled out, it would be a perfect rectangle.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
16 including or excluding all DLC characters we currently have (+ Piranha Plant of course)?
The 16 includes :ultbanjokazooie::ulthero::ultjoker::ultpiranha: and a Terry emote would go here, damn you Smashboards for only making a Sans Gunner one.

D

Deleted member

Uh recently I've been playing through Golden Sun for the first time and it's a really REALLY good game so I can totally see why you all want Isaac and nowadays so do I but I've seem to hit a roadblock in the game and I can't find anywhere on google or Youtube on how to progress past where I am.

So I'm a Babi's lighthouse/Venus Lighthouse and I can get past the room with the statues with the yellow tips where you have to rearrange said statues but I just can't progress past the room after then as there's this really long and steep gap where statues/platforms should be but just aren't.

Do any of you know how to progress past then? Cause I can't seem to find any help from Youtube, Google or any other places.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Uh recently I've been playing through Golden Sun for the first time and it's a really REALLY good game so I can totally see why you all want Isaac and nowadays so do I but I've seem to hit a roadblock in the game and I can't find anywhere on google or Youtube on how to progress past where I am.

So I'm a Babi's lighthouse/Venus Lighthouse and I can get past the room with the statues with the yellow tips where you have to rearrange said statues but I just can't progress past the room after then as there's this really long and steep gap where statues/platforms should be but just aren't.

Do any of you know how to progress past then? Cause I can't seem to find any help from Youtube, Google or any other places.
Sorry it's been a while since I last completed the game. Good news is, I'm actually close to finishing a new playthrough on my Wii U and recently saved Babi. I'm heading to bed though but if no one replies to you by tomorrow, I should be able to guide you.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I’m trying to remember where you’re at. I recently beat Golden Sun on my Wii U. Could you take a snapshot/picture?

D

Deleted member

I’m trying to remember where you’re at. I recently beat Golden Sun on my Wii U. Could you take a snapshot/picture?
Very small image but I am here:
Golden Sun (USA, Europe)-1.png

Inside Babi's Lighthouse/Venus Lighthosue and I don't know what I'm supposed to do to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I know it likely won’t happen, but how cool would it be if Sakurai was aware of how excited people got with the Grinch Leak and decided to make that a reality with the new batch of DLC.

Isaac and Geno are my most wanted so I’d be psyched to get them in. Shadow as another Sonic rep would make a lot of people happy even if he was an Echo. Chorus Kids would be a really unique fighter with controlling three at once.

Ken and Banjo-Kazooie are obviously already in the game. And Mach Rider would really push Sakurai as a character that uses a vehicle. Wario has his bike, but a character that is always on one would be really interesting.

ZelDan

Smash Master
A part of me would kind of feel bad in the (super unlikely) scenario Sakurai actually decided to put all the Grinch leak characters in Smash, It would basically show that Sakurai went through all the effort and resources it would take to make 5 characters in a game like Smash (ie a ****load), just because some dude on the internet decided to make a fake leak.

I mean, it'd give me a playable Isaac in Smash which would be awesome, and Geno would be neat too. As long as Sakurai had fun making the 5 remaining characters, then all would be well I suppose, but still...

D

Deleted member

I know it likely won’t happen, but how cool would it be if Sakurai was aware of how excited people got with the Grinch Leak and decided to make that a reality with the new batch of DLC.

Isaac and Geno are my most wanted so I’d be psyched to get them in. Shadow as another Sonic rep would make a lot of people happy even if he was an Echo. Chorus Kids would be a really unique fighter with controlling three at once.

Ken and Banjo-Kazooie are obviously already in the game. And Mach Rider would really push Sakurai as a character that uses a vehicle. Wario has his bike, but a character that is always on one would be really interesting.
It fits the new worlds comment but that's the only thing going for this sort of thinking and even then it's not really likely at all anyways. It's absolutely not going to happen in fact but I would love for it to happen cause those Characters are great choices.

But I would feel bad for Sakurai cause it kinda guilt tripped him into doing it cause some dude trolled the entire Smash fanbase but hey as long as Sakurai has fun making the characters and likes those characters I guess it's fine.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A part of me would kind of feel bad in the (super unlikely) scenario Sakurai actually decided to put all the Grinch leak characters in Smash, It would basically show that Sakurai went through all the effort and resources it would take to make 5 characters in a game like Smash (ie a ****load), just because some dude on the internet decided to make a fake leak.

I mean, it'd give me a playable Isaac in Smash which would be awesome, and Geno would be neat too. As long as Sakurai had fun making the 5 remaining characters, then all would be well I suppose, but still...
At least most of the characters in the Grinch Leak were popular before that. How many characters have actually become popular because they were in fake leaks?

ZelDan

Smash Master
At least most of the characters in the Grinch Leak were popular before that. How many characters have actually become popular because they were in fake leaks?
I think Mach Rider got a bit of a boost from the grinch hoax. Maybe not that huge of one, but I do recall seeing some people gaining interest in the character because of it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The best thing about the Grinch leak was just how perfect the character selection was in general.
-Perfect echoes for iconic third parties being Shadow and Ken for Sonic and Ryu

-Rare finally getting representation with Banjo

-Isaac and Chorus Kid giving two fan favorite Nintendo IPs an overdue fighter

-Mach Rider was a retro character oozing with moveset potential
Honestly if Smash Ultimate just had these characters in the base roster and no DLC I would feel satisfied (I'd still want Rayman although getting this roster makes up for it)

Top Bottom