• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I don't think they'd go for such a heavily stylized art style, doesn't really fit with what Golden Sun looks like in the art and stuff, and the super deformed stuff is very obviously just a pokemon situation where the characters "go full size" during battle

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mario golf as the "next" camelot game, has been dead since the start. My NoA source told me last December that it wasn't even a thing in development, and early this year Nate came in to say "never had a chance" as if what my source said last year wasn't enough. And on top of that, NoA source tells me this April, weeks after the approval of the 2018 GS trademark, that GS HD is a thing.
Ah, yes. Your "sources". I have never seen a single reputable leaker say a single thing about Golden Sun. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And this is always how it goes. The credible leakers don't speak of Golden Sun, because it's not there. And we always learn this the hard way. Every. Single. Time.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Ah, yes. Your "sources". I have never seen a single reputable leaker say a single thing about Golden Sun. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And this is always how it goes. The credible leakers don't speak of Golden Sun, because it's not there. And we always learn this the hard way. Every. Single. Time.
You do realise his source is the same one Sabi had right lmao

SPEN18

Smash Champion
You do realise his source is the same one Sabi had right lmao

okay let's try to keep it polite here

anyway, though, it would be nice if Sabi could confirm that (unless they have and I didn't know about it?), but they're done leaking and stuff (correct me if I'm wrong on that) so I wouldn't expect to hear from them either way

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Take the sources out of the equation, the likelihood of Mario Golf is still minuscule due to my previous message about Camelot's timeplan. Aces came out in Summer of 2018 - Covid hit around March/April of 2020 - That's more than enough time to get significant work done on a Mario Golf game, especially since they could probably lift a lot of graphical assets from Aces in terms of environments or even the world map.

They've never taken this long to develop a title before - It's unprecedented territory.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nah, I was a bit snappy myself. I apologize for that. I'm just skeptical. and TBH, seeing someone claim to have inside sources that speak of Golden Sun while I have never seen any credible leaker mention it just doesn't give me confidence.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Leakers don't know everything and Nate made it clear in one of his last few podcasts that he has no idea what Camelot is even up to right now so some of those guys are in the dark there also having Pokémon Snap being a genuine surprise to them. A lot of us have spoken to Naz quiet a lot and have a general history of his source and they're clearly reputable and have the connection. Naz can explain this stuff in detail when he logs in later, but I'll link the paragraph explaining most of it
[
okay let's try to keep it polite here

anyway, though, it would be nice if Sabi could confirm that (unless they have and I didn't know about it?), but they're done leaking and stuff (correct me if I'm wrong on that) so I wouldn't expect to hear from them either way
We can't really do that since Sabi was outed as a terrible person in July and screwed over some people such as Naz's NOA guy, Mystic Distance and much more. Its not worth going into here in detail so you can find more info on that if you search the Web enough.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nah, I was a bit snappy myself. I apologize for that. I'm just skeptical. and TBH, seeing someone claim to have inside sources that speak of Golden Sun while I have never seen any credible leaker mention it just doesn't give me confidence.
It is true that Camelot stuff overall has never leaked before, as far as I know anyway. Also, Golden sun had no reason to leak before because it wasn't real before, so there's also that, lol. So of course, you wouldn't find anything credible about that series even. Still, like someone already said, this is the source that sabi used to have and leaked everything Nintendo until that got him a c&d in mid 2019 by Nintendo lawyers (there is even a picture of them at his house, floating around among the people that were closer to knowing his exposure, I only saw it by second hand and was like "huh…well then"). Reason they (NoA and sabi) broke up friendship, as many know already from me to this date, it's because sabi screws up with his sources when he stops using them, and in NoA's case he lost his ambassadorship thanks to him.

But that's just the backstory of how i was the one to get info from NoA from then onwards, as I am a friend with the NoA source at this point, as well as a few others in SB who are in contact with him and can vouch for me. Either way, since now you know the quality of the source (which I still made a mega post about it some pages ago…), I obviously still asked him about 2 times how much he trusts the person he heards GS HD from, both times he said to me that it wouldn't be someone who would taint his track record. We know the quality of his track record already if you simply have memory or research all the Nintendo stuff Sabi has leaked in the past. Anyway, leaving Sabi aside (that name just sickens me to keep mentioning at this point…), the only thing that was tentative from what NoA heard on GS HD being a thing (due to the obvious global situation that has already caused internal delays for games we have gotten so far and still about to get), was the rumored date that was heard for GS back in April could have easily changed by now (the November part), as the state of emergency in japan wasn't even lifted back then yet iirc ( I think that happened the month afterwards), so delays for this could have happened just as it has happened for other stuff already from Nintendo.

Camelot is in Tokyo as I have stated before, that place got hit hard by the pandemic, there is no telling how long it took Camelot to get back in foot to keep working, maybe it was easy, maybe it hasn't been easy yet, sadly no one knows those details. It's ok to have doubts when there's something without precedents like Camelot stuff not leaking (as far as I know, maybe Aces did, I dunno), specially when obviously GS hasn't happened for 10 years, there was nothing to leak about it, lol. I don't know what fake leakers you have seen it try to leak it before, I myself have never seen a golden sun leak until now that it's a real thing incoming. If there were some fake ones after late 2018, I haven't seen them, and they probably were the usual fake 4chan rumors or something. Finally, we sadly have to deal with Nintendo's weird silence and the unknown notion of whether or not this game was delayed, heavily delayed, or not delayed at all.

Either way, it's not just my source that backs this up, before he heard it, we have also the trademark that we know by now 200% isn't a renewal. It is after the new trademark that he heard about GS a few weeks afterwards. We have been seeing proof of trademarks meaning something, not "nothing" like those people that don't do even do their damn research like to keep blabbing (probably the same ignorants who believe every trademark is a renewal, like the idiots they are). Wrecking crew, the mario anniversary trademark, and others, they all have manifested into something, as they were meant to for being NEW trademarks, it just took their respective time to manifest. GS is no different, it's a new one, not a renewal, and it got approved in March this year, and we know new trademarks don't get approved if they aren't given proof of product existing, meaning there IS a product GS related existing, and since the trademark is class 9, it means it's a game, not clothing, or tape, or toilet paper. In conclusion, this isn't just my source, there is legal stuff going on with the brand too, something unprecedented as well for all the 8 years that passed after DD released.

It's just a matter of when they are gonna announce this now, not if it's real. Combine legal evidence + a credible source hearing of GS weeks after the legal evidence became solid, and sure, have your doubts, but this is something we never had for the past 10 years, so I wouldn't use "lack of precedents" all the time to doubt things, lol. You're free to take it with a grain of salt of course, I only like to open people's eyes to the situation, not force them into believing it if they don't want to.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Off topic, but what's with Sabi? I don't know the news very well.
Too much was going on with him. Basically he got exposed for a bunch of horrible stuff (alongside his gf as well) in early July, nothing "new" at the current time as far as I know, I don't want to keep up with his life or anything anyway. Abuse, grooming and other "deep web" level of horrible stuff. He also screwed up with people with sources too, or even his OWN sources. Apparently someone put a document of multiple testimonials of people who had experiences with him, but I don't know if to even share the link of his exposure document, mods probably would want me to delete it or something.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the trademark that was filed for Golden Sun about 1-2 years ago (along with Wrecking Crew and Rhythm Heaven...I think) was an actual renewal of the Golden Sun trademark wasn't it? (and it's separate from this latest one right?)

The one that caused Golden Sun to start trending on Twitter?

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Correct if I'm wrong here but the trademark that was filed for Golden Sun about 1-2 years ago (along with Wrecking Crew and Rhythm Heaven...I think) was an actual renewal of the Golden Sun trademark wasn't it? (and it's separate from this latest one right?)

No, that was a new trademark and is the one that caused it to trend. Not a renewal.
1599236264337.png

Actually, Nate was asked about Golden Sun, and could not deconfirm it. In the middle of deconfirming stuff like Mario Golf, Wave Race, Mother 3, etc.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the trademark that was filed for Golden Sun about 1-2 years ago (along with Wrecking Crew and Rhythm Heaven...I think) was an actual renewal of the Golden Sun trademark wasn't it? (and it's separate from this latest one right?)

There is no renewal of a Golden Sun trademark aside from the Dark Dawn one this year (which was its trademark's last year of life spam). There were renewals going on in 2018 for other series sure, as every year has them, but Golden Sun wasn't one of them. The timming of doing it close to those is what made people think wrongfully that it was a renewal. It also didn't help that journalists on internet made articles about it full of ignorance, doing no research about it whatsoever, and calling it "renewal".
It only took research thanks to NessAtc. NessAtc. to realize this wasn't a renewal. It also wasn't the time to renew Golden Sun's old trademark, that old trademark still has till 2021 if it wants to be renewed.

Dark Dawn hasn't been renewed yet, but it got a new trademark filed just recently, while the old one is on its last breath of time where next month will expire if it doesn't get renewed. If it doesn't get renewed, then I guess we will only have this new one for Dark dawn, we will see. ( I said DD was renewed before, but I was mistaken so I edited it, my bad).

Also, renewals only take one or two months to be accepted and it only takes the company to pay for the time extension, they do not even require proof of use of the brand to be given in order to renew it. New trademarks however, do go through a process of approval that usually takes a year or two in some cases, for games that is, and they DO require proof of use to justify the approval of such new trademark, otherwise they don't have a basis to give a new one to anyone asking for it. This new trademark of golden sun spent since 2018 till March 2020 to get approved, which is nowhere near the time a renewal takes to be effective, lol. Renewals and new trademarks are so different, it was honestly funny of me to realize so late, many months later, of what we were actually dealing with. It's thanks to NessAtc. that I began to research it further and then it blew my mind what we were actually seeing. Trademarks are a boring topic but once you know what you're looking at, it can become really interesting, specially when you see new trademarks always manifest into stuff because they obviously are approved for new stuff actually coming, lol.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yeah there was some strong mob mentality going on with the trademark back when it initially was made note of in 2018. It was just unanimously decided that it was a renewal, and meant nothing and anyone saying otherwise was just setting themselves up for disappointment. It was even happening here.

Though now that we've seen what it's grown in to. That would mean Golden Sun was in the process of coming back even before we organized the letter campaigns to let Nintendo know we wanted the series to return. Kinda crazy. Though it's fitting with the Takahashi Brothers making all those Golden Sun comparisons in their Aces interview. They've been radio silence on mentioning Golden Sun in any capacity since their hiatus message in 2012 so likely it was fresh in their minds from beginning work on a remaster of Golden Sun lol.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
New trademarks
Where do you go to find this information? For example, there's rumors about a Fire Emblem remake flying about, and I'd love to look into that. Is there a reason these types of things are not often discussed?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Where do you go to find this information? For example, there's rumors about a Fire Emblem remake flying about, and I'd love to look into that. Is there a reason these types of things are not often discussed?
j plat pat is a good place to start, but I wouldn't count on you finding anything you don't already know about Fire Emblem in there.

Just FYI Fire Emblem is probably next year rather than this year, IS just put out Paper Mario after all

Last edited:

Monue

Smash Apprentice
j plat pat is a good place to start, but I wouldn't count on you finding anything you don't already know about Fire Emblem in there.

Just FYI Fire Emblem is probably next year rather than this year, IS just put out Paper Mario after all
Good to know, thanks! Do you mean the game will be out next year, or announced? I ask mostly just to curb my expectations, but I also wonder if IS was doing Paper Mario they might have outsourced the project in part at least? I seem to recall IS didn't have tons to do with Three Houses, which I remember thinking was ironic considering how well received it was. But I might be remembering incorrectly!

Some people use j plat pat , I use wipo. Honestly it takes more than one site sometimes to do a whole research, it's annoying as hell lol.
Thank you, I'll poke around like a blind man in a foreign land in an attempt to look for something much more experienced people would have already found if it existed! Because I'm bored and Nintendo/Smash news is at a standstill again.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Good to know, thanks! Do you mean the game will be out next year, or announced? I ask mostly just to curb my expectations, but I also wonder if IS was doing Paper Mario they might have outsourced the project in part at least? I seem to recall IS didn't have tons to do with Three Houses, which I remember thinking was ironic considering how well received it was. But I might be remembering incorrectly!

Thank you, I'll poke around like a blind man in a foreign land in an attempt to look for something much more experienced people would have already found if it existed! Because I'm bored and Nintendo/Smash news is at a standstill again.
three houses was mostly koi techmo, the company that makes the warrior games, a few years ago they made a fire emblem warriors. i believe intelligent systems did help them, but I'm not sure how much.

for the rumor it was "MANGS" in one of his playthroughs. mangs is the largest fire emblem youtuber

amageish

Smash Master
three houses was mostly koi techmo, the company that makes the warrior games, a few years ago they made a fire emblem warriors. i believe intelligent systems did help them, but I'm not sure how much.
Koei did programming and modelling on Three Houses; Intelligent Systems staffers were still doing story/character work. The battalion system even literally reuses the Warriors models...

Also, yeah, lots of good signs for GS all around! We've had three weeks of Nintendo presentations in a row now though, so I'm unsure when to expect further news. Next week would make it four weeks in a row, next-next is Mario release, next-next-next is Tokyo Game Show, etc...

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Also, yeah, lots of good signs for GS all around! We've had three weeks of Nintendo presentations in a row now though, so I'm unsure when to expect further news. Next week would make it four weeks in a row, next-next is Mario release, next-next-next is Tokyo Game Show, etc...
I want to believe this is a pattern and we’ll get at least a mini direct showing more Nintendo stuff next week but I’m not confident in that thought at all. I just don’t think Nintendo would leave November-December empty with no game release. Plus they did announce some things for next year in that Mario direct, so maybe they will continue with other 2021 announcements.

And we should be hearing something about the next Smash character, Pokémon Crown Tundra dlc and Animal Crossing’s fall update. Those three things means we have to be getting another mini direct soon...I can’t see Pokémon or Smash news shadow dropping.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see the point of specifying that nothing from Camelot has leaked before when a) that's not true, people knew about and hinted at Aces before it was revealed (such as Jon from GX), and b), more importantly, it all has to pass through the Treehouse anyway, as well as NoE, NCL and marketing.

It's a fairly arbitrary distinction because with every game, there are many many more parties involved than just the developer.

I mean, the NoA source isn't the Camelot source. It's the NoA source.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
BTW, speaking of reactions about trademark things, there's a thread going on about Zelda 35th anniversary that is getting traction on reddit, based on one of your tweet Nazyrus Nazyrus .

And this time, for Zelda, people seems to believe it with no question, contrary to Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
The only problem I have with the new trademark it's the fact Nintendo registered a lot of them in 2018. Some of them can be explained or had some projects related to them (Dr Mario is linked to the mobile app, I see above Wrecking Crew was related to the arcade archive version...), we can speculate with other ones (Golden Sun, Mario Sluggers could be included in some hypothetical Mario Sports, a new F-zero, Advance Wars...) but then we have Rhythm Heaven which we definitely know there isn't a new game in works (main producer asking for a new game for Switch this year , and yeah, he has to be involved with a new entry, he has some rights regarding to the music and the IP itself. ).

The fact they didn't announce a new Mario Golf in the Mario direct it's a good sign, obviously. Even if Camelot struggles a bit with HD development (people in here often forget Camelot is a small studio and Japanese studios suffered a lot the transition; the time development would be increased whatever project is, we can't compare it with previous entries), they could announced it as a 2021 title (because, if Camelot is doing a Mario Golf, I really doubt it's a 2022 title). But I could see not announcing it (or a new Mario Party) just because those games aren't made by Nintendo itself.
But well, let's hope Nintendo finally announce a general direct. After that, maybe we can finally finish the speculation (in a good way I hope).

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't see the point of specifying that nothing from Camelot has leaked before when a) that's not true, people knew about and hinted at Aces before it was revealed (such as Jon from GX), and b), more importantly, it all has to pass through the Treehouse anyway, as well as NoE, NCL and marketing.

It's a fairly arbitrary distinction because with every game, there are many many more parties involved than just the developer.

I mean, the NoA source isn't the Camelot source. It's the NoA source.
Hence why I said "as far as I know anyway" because I wasn't 100% sure, lol. If it leaked, then well, there you go all, Camelot stuff is possible to leak then :p

And yes, NoA guy just has a source that told him about GS HD, which person he trusts entirely when I asked him about it. Basically NoA was an intermediary (and always has been) between his sources and me (or sabi in the distant past…).

BTW, speaking of reactions about trademark things, there's a thread going on about Zelda 35th anniversary that is getting traction on reddit, based on one of your tweet Nazyrus Nazyrus .

And this time, for Zelda, people seems to believe it with no question, contrary to Golden Sun.
Haha nice, well yeah it's impossible to not believe it, considering Mario filed a similar huge trademark last year, with multiple classes covering all kinds of possible merch, which was 99% for this year's anniversary, and so it was. So it's super hard to doubt that this huge Zelda trademark also covering multiple classes, that just appeared recently, wouldn't be for next year's anniversary, just like Mario's tm did. People finally start realizing that new trademarks mean SOMETHING, because for them to happen, something has to be coming indeed :) otherwise they don't get approved.

The only problem I have with the new trademark it's the fact Nintendo registered a lot of them in 2018. Some of them can be explained or had some projects related to them (Dr Mario is linked to the mobile app, I see above Wrecking Crew was related to the arcade archive version...), we can speculate with other ones (Golden Sun, Mario Sluggers could be included in some hypothetical Mario Sports, a new F-zero, Advance Wars...) but then we have Rhythm Heaven which we definitely know there isn't a new game in works (main producer asking for a new game for Switch this year , and yeah, he has to be involved with a new entry, he has some rights regarding to the music and the IP itself. ).

The fact they didn't announce a new Mario Golf in the Mario direct it's a good sign, obviously. Even if Camelot struggles a bit with HD development (people in here often forget Camelot is a small studio and Japanese studios suffered a lot the transition; the time development would be increased whatever project is, we can't compare it with previous entries), they could announced it as a 2021 title (because, if Camelot is doing a Mario Golf, I really doubt it's a 2022 title). But I could see not announcing it (or a new Mario Party) just because those games aren't made by Nintendo itself.
But well, let's hope Nintendo finally announce a general direct. After that, maybe we can finally finish the speculation (in a good way I hope).
Like i said already a few times, the fact that there were so many renewals and such in 2018, is what made everyone jump to the wrong conclusion with the GS one. Camelot being small didn't stop them from making their games on both wii u and the switch take the same amount of time of development as usual, let alone announce such games even if they get delayed release-wise. Yeah, clearly there is nothing mario from them coming next, as the presentation covered content released until spring, and whatever they have been making, they have been making it for over 2 years already. Nothing mario from them has legal evidence supporting an upcoming product, just Golden Sun, so when you do all the equation, it's not hard to know what they are up to at this point, aside of me and Nate having said already Golf wasn't coming for months. Mario Sports's trademark JUST got filed and hasn't gone through approval yet, which takes one year or even more than that to be done, and there is no way, even with pandemic, that a Sports game made by Camelot or with its collaboration will take over 3 years to be revealed, lol, so we can easily put that aside as well for being camelot's "next" title.

I personally don't expect Golden sun necessarily being announced in the next batch of 1st party news, if it got potentially delayed into 2021 I mean. If it does get announced and didn't get delayed or heavily delayed so that they could still announce it within 2020 (even if it releases in early 2021), then, yay? lol, but yeah, I'm not expecting it personally, i'm being realistic with how internal delays have played this year for so many titles + this stupid silence Nintendo is giving us that makes absolutely no sense while every other 3rd party devs from japan are doing their announcements just fine… I don't even know if there will be a big title at all for the last 2 months of the year :/ but I will retain an optimistic yet realistic stand on the situation.

And yeah the case of Rhythm Heaven is sad… it's been long due for us to get a new one, but seems like the time won't be now just yet. It's a shame.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo issued a bunch of new trademarks in 2018 (some at the start of this year too). Most of them were new trademarks to replace the old ones filed a decade ago (Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Style Savvy, Endless Ocean, Punch-Out, etc) that were set to be expired soon. Other like Advance Wars & F-Zero came out of the blue irrespective of any expiry date which makes them more interesting to analyze. A lot of NES franchises fall under this category and clearly they meant something as in the case with Arcade Archives. The Mario trademarks ended up meaning something too clearly with the Mario remasters.

That being said of course, Golden Sun is still likely going to happen but I just wanted to throw that tidbit out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hence why I said "as far as I know anyway" because I wasn't 100% sure, lol. If it leaked, then well, there you go all, Camelot stuff is possible to leak then :p

And yes, NoA guy just has a source that told him about GS HD, which person he trusts entirely when I asked him about it. Basically NoA was an intermediary (and always has been) between his sources and me (or sabi in the distant past…)
My point is more that regardless of if Camelot games have leaked in general it just doesn't make sense to break down leaks at the developer level when it's not like they don't all have to funnel through other entities (such as the one related to your source) for localization and marketing. It's not like Camelot games are created, translated, launched and marketed solely within Camelot.

So maybe it's never leaked at the developer level, but that doesn't matter, because Camelot isn't the only relevant party in the dissemination of info.

It's like saying Sora Ltd. has never leaked - which is probably true, because it's only Sakurai and his wife. But Smash has leaked through NoA, it's leaked through the ESRB, it's leaked through marketing, it's leaked through its own websites, it's leaked a ton of ways that all Nintendo games are susceptible to leaking through. And one of those is probably the way Aces leaked.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
My point is more that regardless of if Camelot games have leaked in general it just doesn't make sense to break down leaks at the developer level when it's not like they don't all have to funnel through other entities (such as the one related to your source) for localization and marketing. It's not like Camelot games are created, translated, launched and marketed solely within Camelot.

So maybe it's never leaked at the developer level, but that doesn't matter, because Camelot isn't the only relevant party in the dissemination of info.

It's like saying Sora Ltd. has never leaked - which is probably true, because it's only Sakurai and his wife. But Smash has leaked through NoA, it's leaked through the ESRB, it's leaked through marketing, it's leaked through its own websites, it's leaked a ton of ways that all Nintendo games are susceptible to leaking through. And one of those is probably the way Aces leaked.
Yes that does make sense, as NoA guy actually told me that the person who told him about GS HD is not a Nintendo employee. Things can leak via different paths. How did this person know about GS HD? no idea, I dunno what they actually work at, but if NoA trusts them 100%, then I guess they are big deal enough to somehow get ahold such information.

Nintendo issued a bunch of new trademarks in 2018 (some at the start of this year too). Most of them were new trademarks to replace the old ones filed a decade ago (Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Style Savvy, Endless Ocean, Punch-Out, etc) that were set to be expired soon. Other like Advance Wars & F-Zero came out of the blue irrespective of any expiry date which makes them more interesting to analyze. A lot of NES franchises fall under this category and clearly they meant something as in the case with Arcade Archives. The Mario trademarks ended up meaning something too clearly with the Mario remasters.

That being said of course, G svvolden Sun is still likely going to happen but I just wanted to throw that tidbit out.
I just want to point out that Golden sun wasn't about to expire soon unlike the others. Golden sun's original trademark has till 2021 of life spam, and renewals aren't even done that early anyway, that's a waste of money and remaining time for nothing. But anyway, this isn't a renewal as we already know so it doesn't matter ( on top of that, to prove further it's not a renewal among the other many reasons why it isn't one, renewals don't take 2 years to be effective anyway lol, just a couple of months at best). The other thing is, even if they want to replace old trademarks with new ones for whatever series, the company owning the brand still has to prove that they have a new product to sell incoming, otherwise they can't justify and get the approval of such trademark at all. That's why we have to expect something coming from most of these trademarks, or at least the ones that get approved and don't get their product's development dropped afterwards for some unfortunate reason. At that point of not being able to prove they have a product to sell, all they have at best is the option to renew the current trademark they already have registered in the database… or sadly let it expire for the time being, which has happened before with Chibi robo iirc.

But yeah, there is something to look forward to, it's just a matter of when it's gonna be finally shown, due to this mess of a year…

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol such cover ups don't exist and they definitely don't go through legal processes like this for that XD but it's still funny to read the idea. Both would be great for sure haha. I mean, if you're gonna listen to fans on this 2nd and last pass for ultimate, go all in i say! make the most voted and talked characters in if you can.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Golden Sun coming is a broad and bold declaration. I believe there might be plans, and development being done, but who says it's gonna release within 3 years from now? Honestly, am not seeing that.

Have credible leakers talked about Donkey Kong in any shape or form by the way ?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Have credible leakers talked about Donkey Kong in any shape or form by the way ?
Not that I'm aware of, but I've heard a tiny bit of random speculation that DK might get something soon. Just guesses based on development patterns, but it's something, I suppose.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Golden Sun coming is a broad and bold declaration. I believe there might be plans, and development being done, but who says it's gonna release within 3 years from now? Honestly, am not seeing that.

Dude, Camelot finished working on Mario Tennis Aces at minimum in March 2018, and more likely around December 2017/January 2018. That's plenty of time for there to have been a Mario Golf game be shown until now, and not only has Sabi's former NoA source AND NateDrake both said Mario Golf isn't happening, it wasn't in this MARIO direct that covered ALL Mario products coming from now until Spring 2021, matching up with both of their testimonies. However, this doesn't mean Camelot isn't making a game. That's RIDICULOUS to think, given how Tennis Aces is literally their highest selling game ever. They aren't in any position to fold after that.

So if they're not doing Mario Golf, and not only that, there are NO Mario Sports games coming out for half a year, and they've been working on something since January 2018, it stands to reason it's either something completely new, or Golden Sun. And there's not one but two new Golden Sun trademarks applied for, with the first one dating back to June 2018, several months after they had finished work on Tennis Aces and gave development over to EPD. This trademark in particular was battled for 6 months last year, from last june to november.

With that in mind, their newest project has been in development since January 2017, likely planning done even earlier than that, and it's not even like Golden Sun is this "risky IP" that could end them. It's actually very profitable, given that the first two games were both million sellers and Dark Dawn still performed well with numbers that many JRPGs would die to have.

And the new project isn't Mario Golf, or any Mario Sports game. Camelot's newest release should be imminent, as in "within the next few months", since they've been working on it for quite some time at this point. And if it's imminent, if it was a Mario game, it would have been in this direct. They freaking highlighted Mario SHOES. If they had any other Mario announcements, they would have been in here. But there was nothing else.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I don’t think it’s that ridiculous to think Golden Sun could be a ways out if that is what Camelot is in fact working on. I mean if they are indeed doing full remakes of the first two Golden Sun games I see no reason to expect that their previous release pace would hold given how long they’ve been working on Mario Sports titles. It stands to reason that this would be a change of pace for them that would require some getting used to. Add that on top of this being a much larger undertaking than say a Mario Tennis game and a pandemic in the recent months and I could easily see the game being a year out of it exists.

Top Bottom