• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden sun coming has no relation to that 3 games rumor fatman is talking about.

First: the only time my NoA source heard for sure that gs is coming, was this April.

Second: the 3 game rumor is from last year and wasnt even considered trusted by my source, and the reason you never saw sabi or me even talk about it back then is because we respected NoA's wish of not spreading rumors they deemed not believable at all to begin with. That is why NoA's track record was perfect and that is why sabi leaking nintendo stuff back then ended in c&d, he was always right on what came from his mouth. NoA said their trust on the rumor didn't even surpass 25% of being real, lol. From time to time NoA would tell us a rumor that they didnt trust or wasnt sure of, just to discuss among us in the private group, and the reason NoA got mad back then and kicked some people from the private group was because such worthless rumors started getting out of the private group when they said to never do that, lol.

So yeah lets not mix my info from this year with a last year false rumor that wasnt worth spreading to begin with, even if it included gs as well.
Okay so you're an insider I take? What exactly is the 3 game rumour you're talking about? And what is the credible leak you spoke of? I'm more than excited to learn here that Golden Sun might actually be coming and sorry, my excitement makes it easier to type this out than skim this whole thread.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Okay so you're an insider I take? What exactly is the 3 game rumour you're talking about? And what is the credible leak you spoke of? I'm more than excited to learn here that Golden Sun might actually be coming and sorry, my excitement makes it easier to type this out than skim this whole thread.
I'll reply for NaZ here since I know the gist of his response.

He is not an insider, he just knows someone and that's it. Don't expect NaZ to give content of directs or stuff like that.
He was told of rumors about a new GS and even without that, the legal stuff nintendo has been on with Golden Sun is a huge flag. (new trademark, including incountries where GS was never released, updated to fit switch categories, just like when in 2009 we had a GS trademark that fitted NDS categories before Dark Dawn was released (which also had it's trademark renewed early this year, further proving that the new one is new), and Camelot has not released or announced anything since mid 2018 (and the main team had left Aces mid/late 2017) after their last game did fairly well on the switch.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I will take this opportunity to put out everything on the table…
As of why am I considered a bit of an insider lately because of the GS info that I'm spreading / teasing :
I have been in contact with the source Sabi used to have to leak everything from Nintendo before he got a c&d by Nintendo lawyers, and eventually sabi and NoA broke up connections anyway because Sabi screwed up by sharing delicate info like an idiot. I was always in contact with NoA even before that, as I have said I was part of that private group, but of course Sabi was the one doing the leaking back then. Sadly sabi's screwing up made NoA source lose several of their connections, hence why I am sadly not getting smash info after that happened. Which is a shame because NoA (as well as Shinobi) were the only people to leak Banjo back then before the reveal, lol.

I do not plan to be leaking other game stuff and such because :
1) I am not interested in such fame and stuff. This is a one time case because I am a fan of such series personally, and I want people to be in the know of potential things happening to the series.

2) NoA source has told me they are done with giving info ever again after what Sabi did to them, and I would do the same honestly. So obviously, even if I wanted to leak more stuff, NoA won't be the one I'm getting info from. GS is the last thing NoA is sharing with me, and maybe Zelda in the future since we are fans of such series, just because we are friends, not as a professional leaker x source type of relationship or whatever. So you might never hear any other leak from me again, just so you know. I won't be like "those" out there pretending to have sources when they are pulling stuff out of their butts. When I'm done with info, it's done.

As of the 3 games rumor :
The 3 games rumor was Kid icarus uprising port, Tomodachi life (not sure if new game or port too) and Golden Sun Dark Dawn port. And like I said, NoA didn't trust it above 25% even, and was one of those multiple weak rumors we would just discuss and laugh about in the private group. Sadly that stupid thing got out of the group and here we are discussing it pointlessly, lol. This false rumor was from November 2019 if anyone is curious.

About Mario Golf chances of being Camelot's next game :
NoA told me back in December of 2019 that Golf was indeed NOT in development, which later Natedrake in 2020 on Resetera would complete by saying "never had a chance" to both Golf and Wave race when Nate was asked about those 2 titles. That was recent, like a few months ago only. So Golf is not happening.
Take in mind with Camelot it has been over 2 years already since Tennis Aces, and Camelot never makes 2 games of the same sport in a row……so if it's not Golf, and it's not gonna be another Tennis game in a row either because that's not what they would do, so what else is left from Camelot?
Some people will bring up Mario Sports because it got a trademark just recently, but here is the thing, that trademark hasn't even been approved at all, it literally just appeared and hasn't gone through the process of approval yet, and that process takes easily more than a year most cases, I made sure to double check on this with other games like Breath of the Wild and others that obviously were new trademarks at the time in the past, and they took easily a year or two to even get approved, why? because during the process of approvals and granted protections, the owner of a product has to provide enough proof to get past certain requirements to get the trademark people to agree on approving it and publishing it on official gazette.

That's why you will see the procedures of trademarks to go sometimes through "refusals" and therefore "Opposition Period Extension" requests in order to have enough time to eventually make it in time within the deadline to provide whatever is being needed. Breath of the wild's trademark went through one refusal near the end actually, but it got past it eventually of course. Every game goes through these type of obstacles in the process, it's completely normal. This new GS trademark went through a couple of those refusals, but Nintendo didn't give up on it and finally got past the requirements and got it approved and published near the end of March of 2020.

Renewals don't go through these procedures by the way, because the trademarks at that point already exist in the system, all approved.
They are just being paid to extend their life periods. So that's one of multiple easy points to see of why this isn't a renewal…

Which brings me to the next point!

What's the status of the other golden sun trademarks then? :
Oh they are active on their own alright, as I have said many times over in the past. The original Golden Sun trademark still has life time till 2021, which means that it had still 3 freaking years of life back in 2018. Dark Dawn's trademark life span was going to end in 2020, and as we know it literally got renewed early in 2020 as you most likely saw in the news and articles by that time, basically during its last breath.

By 2018, the original GS trademark still had 3 years ahead of life, no reason whatsoever to renew it, specially when they waited for Dark Dawn's to reach it's final year to renew it. So yes, the original GS and DD trademarks are being renewed on their own when it's actually needed to do so, and they are not going through any of these phases of "approval" since they are ALREADY published in official gazette, Nintendo just pays whatever to keep them alive when the time comes. I honestly don't know why people ignore such an important huge difference between renewals and new trademarks: one of them already doesn't have to go through the whole process of getting approved because they are already in the freaking system, lol. You literally have series that get their trademarks renewed all the time without getting a new game whatsoever… so why would there be such procedure needed to just renew them? how would you approve the renewal of a series that is getting nothing new? People really need to keep this in mind before jumping to silly conclusions, haha. Nintendo only pays for renewals and don't go through this process every time, this process is just for new ones getting registered or trademarks that have died in the past and need to be registered again, in which case Golden Sun does not fall in at all either, since we know it still had years ahead of trademark life span.

Putting that whole trademark stuff aside, because I know it's boring stuff even tho it's super important that everyone should understand at this point already

What did I hear from my NoA source that is credible then? :

Once the trademark was approved in late March of 2020, just a few weeks later into April my source wrote me saying he heard that "Golden Sun HD" is coming, which I have been saying/teasing around here for a while already, and I also sneakily teased it on twitter back then in April as a reply to one of Shinobi's tweets. The GS server where most of us are in which I am as well of course, have known this since then too. My source told me TWICE that they 100% trust the person they are hearing this from. NoA only told me they don't want to believe it because it sounds too good to be true, but at the same time they don't doubt the person they are hearing this from.

"It's not someone who would taint my track record", NoA said to me.

The only tentative thing I heard from NoA alongside "Golden Sun HD" was……"November"… Why do I say tentative? Well, just take a look at this year's mess of delayed games, literally every company has had delays with multiple games, and Nintendo seems to be in the worst spot so far by the looks of it, given their stupid silence ALL this year… GS HD could have easily been pushed back to 2021 for all we know, which is why I don't like to be sharing the "november" part around, because I don't want people to expect it only in 2020 to happen and give up like idiots if it doesn't make it in 2020 and then call me a liar. Again, I specifically want everyone to have clear that I heard a month, but I am wont' ( and nobody should ) bank on it being the current date anymore, I heard November literally back in April, plenty of time for a delay to have happened, EASILY. So please, everyone, don't go on expecting it this year to be the only chance possible and then give up and become emo idiots… this is literally something that is affecting multiple game releases through all the year.

To finish this bunch of text that most people won't read again anyway, as usual… I will clarify that I am the second one to hear about a GS game coming. The first person is in the GS server that most of us and I am also at, and they heard GS was potentially happening, waaaay before even the 3 games fake rumor that NoA heard last year even appeared. Then, way later of course, I became the second one to hear GS, back in April of this year, shortly after the new trademark was approved.

That is all, I literally have nothing left to share, lol.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Nazyrus Nazyrus
Assuming everything your source heard is 100% on point, “Golden Sun HD” was originally planned as a November release...meaning it was a holiday game!!! I’m trying to keep my excitement in check but that kinda speaks volumes about Nintendo seriously getting behind Golden Sun. This might legitimately be the best shot we’ve ever had at possibly getting Isaac or a GS character being playable in Smash.

Again I will hype responsibly, but the prospect of getting a new game which could seriously mean a playable character in Smash feels so great! Now I really need a direct lol

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is where I feel Isaac could be likely more so than we think. With GS coming back, Nintendo would have had to consider him after what’s happened throughout Smash’s pre release and onward. It would be one of the best choices, business wise for Nintendo to do. GS is coming, Isaac is highly demanded, use him to help promote the game, ???, profit. Wish it was guaranteed though. Just have to play the waiting game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's certainly interesting to think about.

A Golden Sun HD arriving in November (or around that time period) would be perfect timing in terms of a potential push towards Isaac getting into Smash. Considering Sakurai would have likely been aware in June last year that the game was planned for a release around the end of this year.

Of course it's just something that sounds nice. It's not real yet.....and even if it is real, it's still a bit of a leap to say it'll have anything to do with Smash dlc. Although from everything I've heard about this leak so far....it's kind of hard to imagine Nintendo greenlighting a Golden Sun HD because of Isaac's Smash demand and then not going full circle and requesting Isaac to be playable in Smash.

It's probably safer not to get too caught up in the idea of a new game though. (I know that's the boring and sensible option :b:)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This is where I feel Isaac could be likely more so than we think. With GS coming back, Nintendo would have had to consider him after what’s happened throughout Smash’s pre release and onward. It would be one of the best choices, business wise for Nintendo to do. GS is coming, Isaac is highly demanded, use him to help promote the game, ???, profit. Wish it was guaranteed though. Just have to play the waiting game.
If I'm being honest, I feel like Isaac's pretty much the first-party equivalent to Banjo in multiple ways. He's an old character who had one title he's mainly associated with, a sequel shortly after that's objectively an improvement to some but is lesser known, and a divisive sequel much later (Though Banjo at least had some spinoffs), then dropped off aside from a couple re-releases via emulation. Despite this, they've held on to Smash request stardom for a while. The main difference is that Banjo succeeded and became a fighter, while Isaac was left in snow globe hell. That being said, with Min Min opening the door to Spirits and potentially Assist Trophies, I think Isaac might have time to bounce back.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just don't be surprised if it got delayed to 2021, remember Camelot are a small company and could have been eeeasily impacted by the pandemic. Maybe the delay would be just a month or two who knows, the game shouldn't be too far from completed considering it's been already 2+ years since it potentially started development… unless it's that freaking ambitious of a project that it's taking even longer lol. Isaac in smash, if it's happening at all, it probably wouldn't be moved to be timed with the release of the game, isaac would still happen whenever they planned it in the pass originally. Technically it would still promote the game whenever it comes either way, it's not like games sell only in the first weeks or anything like that. Basically what I'm saying is that if both things happen within a year of each other, I think it would be ok. But yeah, I haven't heard anything from Smash so I wouldn't have the faintest idea of who is fp7 gonna be yet lol, maybe I will be lucky to hear it a day or two before it happens ( like usually that's when real leaks happen with smash as you have seen), but who knows, I wouldn't count on it anyway (me hearing about it I mean). Next fighter could be freaking Chief for all we know or something random, lol.

Again, I can't stress this enough, don't expect the game to happen only in November as the only possibility and then be disappointed. I would love it if it's one of those games "still in schedule" as Nintendo has repeated twice in a row already, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't, I only heard November back in April and no update whatsoever from the source on it… I'm trying to stay realistic with how crappy this year has been as it is. I don't even know if I would expect a holiday title at this point, I hope to be wrong, but damn this radio silence is not helping. September is usually the time for every year's final general direct (or in this case it could be a mini, but you get the idea, final time to announce late 2020 stuff basically), so if no big title is announced by then, then I think this year will be lame all the way to the end :urg: I hope we get proven wrong on that tho…

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Wew, now that's a post. And a half. Thank you, Naz. The Sabi drama would give any leaker headaches, understandably.

My first thought is November fits. Camelot would take about 2.5 years with Switch experience/MT:A's engine to remake TBS and TLA. My second thought is a November game gets revealed at E3 in a pre-pandemic world. And since Min-Min got teased in March and revealed in June, and since ALL E3's previously featuring Smash Bros had more than one character revealed... Could the illusive double-reveal, new game+smash character promo synergy dream have been a thing that was once planned?

Further think that even with Paper Mario and Pikmin 3 port, so much of the tentative E3 docket is still unknown to us even now. And now a Smash character announcement is actually becoming quite overdue, almost like they're holding back to match it with something...

Also, ya I think the release date would likely be impacted. Keep in mind these are two lifelong corporate salarymen from a previous generation running this company, probably have never even thought about working from home once in their life before this year. I bet Camelot took a big hit unless there was some young blood making moves somewhere in there to help facilitate everything. Maybe NOJ helped, but even then, if the game has voice acting or a new translation required (TM in Korea, remember) then odds are better than not a Nov in April turned into a Feb/March 2020.

That fiction with a seed of truth that I've just concocted sits good with me as an explanation, because that's a layer of uncertainty that would make me delay an announcement. If I were a Bill Trinen or whoever and on the call with the Takahashis and coordinating a worldwide announcement and they're like, "well we still need this and this from the partners and who knows if we can get the VA in there depending on the virus..." and I've got Sakurai like "hey this character's ****ing done. Idk, whenever you're good" and I'm just trying to piece it all together and make it work because COVID blew this year's plans to smithereens... That would certainly explain the last couple months.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If the game's almost done, a November release date could help pointing at a general direct, or at least a standalone reveal. I don't think it's gonna happen, but it's possible.

And what about TLA's trademark? Did it get updated too?
Out of just pure speculation: I feel like if we’re getting a remake or something of GS it’s going to include TLA. The two games were originally meant to be one big one after all.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If the game's almost done, a November release date could help pointing at a general direct, or at least a standalone reveal. I don't think it's gonna happen, but it's possible.

I haven't been able to find that one specifically, it's a pain in the ass to find old game trademarks tbh, at least on the websites I use...

Out of just pure speculation: I feel like if we’re getting a remake or something of GS it’s going to include TLA. The two games were originally meant to be one big one after all.
Yeah I'm pretty sure they wouldn't split those again when that was just due to hardware limitation or whatever. And it would explain why an HD remake is taking this long, the games were pretty long as they were, and combined? hoo boi… lol

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

TLA never got it's own trademark, likely as a result of originally being "Golden Sun" as of the initial trademark and then being split off into a sequel.

And yes, The Lost Age is basically guaranteed to be part of the package, whether they implement it as originally intended following straight off of the first game seamlessly or simply pack it in as well remains to be seen.

Assuming the November release still holds true, the game is just outright done, and possibly has been done for quite some time. Nintendo has a history of holding onto titles, as we've seen with Pikmin 3 Deluxe, so it's not impossible that for some undisclosed reason GS is primed for November, but they just can't reveal it yet for some unseen reason.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Thanks for putting your cards on the table Nazyrus Nazyrus , very interesting info! Obviously a lot of it is still based in rumors, but what you've heard generally makes sense, and if a Golden Sun HD is in the cards for Holiday 2020 or early 2021, I can easily see why it would have originally been an E3 announcement, now presumably held for whenever their next major Direct is.

One thing that I think really pulls the story together is that Mario Sports trademark. If Camelot has really spent the last couple of years on a relatively risky title like Golden Sun HD, with a planned release in just a few months, it's not unreasonable for Nintendo to expect their next title to be a relatively safe bet, which Mario Sports certainly would be. Further, given a projected November release, GSHD development should be in its final stages, so management ought to be planning out said safe project. Given the trademark was apparently filed in May 2020, that seems like a reasonable time frame for Camelot to be in pre-production of their next game, with full development starting late this year.

Granted, I'm speculating here. As before I'm taking everything with a grain of salt because part of this still feels like "too good to be true" territory. If it does pan out, though, I hope everyone here is ready to buy the game and hopefully convince others to try it as well. Golden Sun HD would be a true make it or break it moment for the franchise, and I know I'll be doing what I can to ensure it is a success.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Mario Sports doesn't necessarily need to be Camelot anyway, even with Mario Sports Superstars on 3DS all Camelot worked on was the Golf and Tennis stuff and that was moving over assets they had in the Mario Golf and Tennis 3DS games. Mario Sports on Switch could be the same deal if Tennis and Golf are included in that and wouldn't take too much of Camelot's dev time even assuming that Golf being in a Mario Sports game collection is a more desirable deal to Nintendo than a full Golf package. If the GS remake does well I could very well see them build onto GS4 right after that. Maybe we could get a Dark Dawn HD remaster in between that

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
It might have been due to Smashboards being down for maintenance, but I started watching speculation videos for Smash. I came across a recent one by papagenos papagenos where he talked about the possibility of the character select screen being perfectly filled out. He believes we might get an extra echo fighters dlc (four echoes) at the end, but I’m thinking four of the remaining five dlc will have echo fighters. This might be the reason Fighters Pass 2 has a longer release window than the first as Sakurai and his team are developing echo fighters for some of this pass’s dlc.

I’m sure y’all see where I’m going with this. Assuming this rumored Golden Sun game is a remake of the first two games combined as one, like originally planned, then it’s within the realm of possibility we could get Isaac in this Fighters Pass along with Felix as his echo.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It might have been due to Smashboards being down for maintenance, but I started watching speculation videos for Smash. I came across a recent one by papagenos papagenos where he talked about the possibility of the character select screen being perfectly filled out. He believes we might get an extra echo fighters dlc (four echoes) at the end, but I’m thinking four of the remaining five dlc will have echo fighters. This might be the reason Fighters Pass 2 has a longer release window than the first as Sakurai and his team are developing echo fighters for some of this pass’s dlc.

I’m sure y’all see where I’m going with this. Assuming this rumored Golden Sun game is a remake of the first two games combined as one, like originally planned, then it’s within the realm of possibility we could get Isaac in this Fighters Pass along with Felix as his echo.
As much as I would absolutely love that, considering only 64 and Brawl have had perfect rectangles for character select screens, I wouldn't place my bets on that happening. That said, if we're willing to break the original constraints of FP2, they could always release Waluigi as a surprise seventh character winkwinknudgenudge.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

If you stack the echo fighters you will get a perfect rectangle when FP2 is done (the image was made before Min Min was announced):

102558877_946758589080426_7725201936714945487_o.jpg

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Confession time but I never did play TLA. I had no idea there was even another game after the first one. And apparently neither did my cousin who introduced me to Golden Sun. He also jumped straight into Dark Dawn lol.

Anyways if the two games do get combined it'd be awesome to finally experience that part of the story. And please let there be a collector's edition!

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
If you stack the echo fighters you will get a perfect rectangle when FP2 is done (the image was made before Min Min was announced):

View attachment 281813
Well yeah but that doesn’t affect my speculation at all. If we got 4 bonus echo fighters or if 4 of the remaining dlc got echoes...then both the stacked and non-stacked character select screens would even out.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
So guys this has probably been gone over but what would you want your Golden Sun remake to look like would you want it to be 3d? 2d?
And what quality of life features would you want implemented from other JRPGs into GS

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
So guys this has probably been gone over but what would you want your Golden Sun remake to look like would you want it to be 3d? 2d?
And what quality of life features would you want implemented from other JRPGs into GS
I'd rather it be in full 3D, Camelot has the ability to really push consoles if they want to and Golden Sun in full HD 3D would be the stuff of dreams. I'd be more than ok with an "HD2D" style like Octopath went for, but being able to fully explore Weyard on foot in 3D, seeing towering lighthouses and real, lived-in towns, is what I really want.

As for quality of life, I've got two big ones, both from Dragon Quest XI: first, and maybe this makes me a baby, but please give me direction on what to do. Sometimes I don't play for a few weeks and I sit down and I've lost all sense of progress in the game. DQ11 gives a recap of the story before you play every time as well as offering objectives to complete. Even better would be a Xenoblade Chronicles-like path that ensures you never get lost. The other, and something I think lots of us would agree with, is make monster encounters, at least in the overworld, optional. One of my biggest small gripes with GS is the random encounter rate, especially when I'm just trying to get to the next town to progress the story. Having monsters roam the map and you walking into them to begin a battle is how all RPGs should do it, not just Golden Sun. One smaller one from Xenoblade, as well: let me customize my party's appearance. If you've got appearance-changing equipment (if they exist in this hypothetical remake), I'd like to be able to pick and chose what my characters look like, just like in Xenoblade. I'd probably keep Isaac in his classic look (unless a trench coat was available), but the others I would love to mess around in. I don't even want the beach costumes from XB, just the ability to mix and match appearance-changing gear.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'd rather it be in full 3D, Camelot has the ability to really push consoles if they want to and Golden Sun in full HD 3D would be the stuff of dreams. I'd be more than ok with an "HD2D" style like Octopath went for, but being able to fully explore Weyard on foot in 3D, seeing towering lighthouses and real, lived-in towns, is what I really want.

As for quality of life, I've got two big ones, both from Dragon Quest XI: first, and maybe this makes me a baby, but please give me direction on what to do. Sometimes I don't play for a few weeks and I sit down and I've lost all sense of progress in the game. DQ11 gives a recap of the story before you play every time as well as offering objectives to complete. Even better would be a Xenoblade Chronicles-like path that ensures you never get lost. The other, and something I think lots of us would agree with, is make monster encounters, at least in the overworld, optional. One of my biggest small gripes with GS is the random encounter rate, especially when I'm just trying to get to the next town to progress the story. Having monsters roam the map and you walking into them to begin a battle is how all RPGs should do it, not just Golden Sun. One smaller one from Xenoblade, as well: let me customize my party's appearance. If you've got appearance-changing equipment (if they exist in this hypothetical remake), I'd like to be able to pick and chose what my characters look like, just like in Xenoblade. I'd probably keep Isaac in his classic look (unless a trench coat was available), but the others I would love to mess around in. I don't even want the beach costumes from XB, just the ability to mix and match appearance-changing gear.
bravely default an interesting thing with its encounter slider you can slide it up to the max if you want a battle every step or down to zero if you want none

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

View attachment 281813
Well, looks like the echoes are getting stacked when all is said or done.

The order already makes the CSS a mess, it inevitably ending as some weird ass shape to boot will be a bridge too far. :p

SirCamp

Smash Ace
In an ideal world, 3D for me. This could very well make dungeons and environmental puzzles more diverse and interesting. And certainly it could make the world really come to life. But if it makes the game feel too much like something other than Golden Sun or if perhaps the scope of a 3D project is too large for the funding they get, I would be perfectly happy with GS sticking to 2D or 2.5D.

I think part of it for me is just sort of thinking about how Zelda made the jump to 3D, and being a big fan of both (and also seeing some similarities between the two), it just makes me excited to think about the possibilities if GS followed in Zelda's footsteps. Like I said though, it would have to be done carefully and very well, lest the series end up worse for wear.

So I just have to hope that, if this is happening, the team knows what they are capable of and sticks to a scope that they can handle.

Smash Lord
I think 3D would be good, but it'd be appreciated if they make the characters more proportionate and the artstyle to resemble the promotional art closely. Stuff like objective and checkpoint markers, being able to play hard mode from the start since TLA locked that until after you beat the game on normal, having the option to make enemies viewable on screen for those that don't like random encounters and a way for players to understand the kind of classes they can get by mixing the djinn. Also big fixes would be things like fixing the dialogue and fleshing out the characters more. Trials of Mana and Xenoblade DE's option to switch between the original compositions and the remastered compositions would be a cool thing to have in there too

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think 3D would be good, but it'd be appreciated if they make the characters more proportionate and the artstyle to resemble the promotional art closely. Stuff like objective and checkpoint markers, being able to play hard mode from the start since TLA locked that until after you beat the game on normal, having the option to make enemies viewable on screen for those that don't like random encounters and a way for players to understand the kind of classes they can get by mixing the djinn. Also big fixes would be things like fixing the dialogue and fleshing out the characters more. Trials of Mana and Xenoblade DE's option to switch between the original compositions and the remastered compositions would be a cool thing to have in there too
If we assume 3D is in the cards at all I think it goes without saying that a number of changes would be necessary for it to be feasible. These are all great ideas though.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
my hope is that we see DD again as well i really loved that game a interesting thought came to me is there any bonus party members you could want in the GS HD

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I have a question regarding Dark Dawn. I've heard that it's considered either underwhelming or even bad compared to it's predecessors, but why is that exactly?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I have a question regarding Dark Dawn. I've heard that it's considered either underwhelming or even bad compared to it's predecessors, but why is that exactly?
A lot of frustrating points of no return. So if you missed something that would be helpful in a future fight and you hit one of those points you’re just kind of out of luck. That and the reaction mechanic in convos was kind of dumb. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

Smash Lord
Stuff like points of no return which makes you miss out on djinn and other collectibles, an unfocused story that never wrapped up, civilisations that weren't in the original games popping up, being significantly easier, some characters that had very little to do in the story and left a poor impression like Himi and Rief(Some of these aren't points that I agree with but why people think low of it and I actually think its a solid game though not as good as the other two)

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Like others said, it's not as good as the previous stories but it's still enjoyable. The game is looking good, and puzzles are still good too.

The most annoying thing, in my opinion, are:
  • Points of no-return: I missed ONE djinn in my game, that irks me
  • Somewhat lacking in the story department: Himi joins you without backstory, a story that doesn't answer the initial questions...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That is very cool to see that JRPGS are doing very good on Switch. This could really contribuate to a GS sucessful revival
I'm a big fan of it-
1- great Djinn uses
2- lots of incorporated psynergy hands
3- focus on Venus psynergy

My needs are met.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The actual flaws of the game would be:
1: Point of no return. If they were temporary it'd be fine. But they are not (unless you use glitches and OOB stuff in endgame) so it can be frustrating to miss djinns etc. Assume that there is one in every town it should help a bit.
2: Low difficulty. This can be addressed by setting up challenges for yourself (like running from most random encounters, not using artifact weapons, no summon rush) but yeah aside from a few encounters, the game is too easy and this can be underwelming to some (though all GS games are fairly easy)
3: Pacing. The story is good, but it takes a lot of time to start for real. Some characters are introduced way too late and we don't have time to get attached to them (Himi notably). But the story by itself is actually pretty good, cool twists, atmosphere and themes.
4: Lenghty dialogue. Since the cast of characters becomes huge very quickly, and they all say stuff during dialogues, it becomes bloated very, very quickly. Mostly to repeat things you already know or are in the encyclopedia. The emotion system for Matthew is actually quite fun, but clunky, as you don't really know what each emotion will mean in that context. (however it gives great characterization for Matthew)
5: And probably the biggest one: it has no sequel (yet) so the frustration from the cliffhanger probably aggravates the gripes some have toward the game. Imagine if the first GS never had TLA to follow up to it.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
The actual flaws of the game would be:
1: Point of no return. If they were temporary it'd be fine. But they are not (unless you use glitches and OOB stuff in endgame) so it can be frustrating to miss djinns etc. Assume that there is one in every town it should help a bit.
2: Low difficulty. This can be addressed by setting up challenges for yourself (like running from most random encounters, not using artifact weapons, no summon rush) but yeah aside from a few encounters, the game is too easy and this can be underwelming to some (though all GS games are fairly easy)
3: Pacing. The story is good, but it takes a lot of time to start for real. Some characters are introduced way too late and we don't have time to get attached to them (Himi notably). But the story by itself is actually pretty good, cool twists, atmosphere and themes.
4: Lenghty dialogue. Since the cast of characters becomes huge very quickly, and they all say stuff during dialogues, it becomes bloated very, very quickly. Mostly to repeat things you already know or are in the encyclopedia. The emotion system for Matthew is actually quite fun, but clunky, as you don't really know what each emotion will mean in that context. (however it gives great characterization for Matthew)
5: And probably the biggest one: it has no sequel (yet) so the frustration from the cliffhanger probably aggravates the gripes some have toward the game. Imagine if the first GS never had TLA to follow up to it.
The ending, man.

Top Bottom