• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Fun thing that I think hasn't been brought before unless I totally missed that convo… If Min Min's Arms x Smash crossover art pieces was drawn by the same people that drew the official art of Arms, then maybe we could get a piece or some of Isaac with some of the roster fighters by the artist of the latest GS or even the upcoming game? Just imagine a GS x Smash piece in that style, having Dark Dawn's art style as reference… I just drool thinking about it. Who would they draw with Isaac tho? Maybe they will keep doing interactions with some of the usual main veterans? I dunno

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Wait there is a picture of Min Min with Smash cast ? Like the nomura link vs cloud picture ?
I'd love to see some GS stuff like that too. Shulk, Isaac, Marth and Cloud together against Rathalos ?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Fun thing that I think hasn't been brought before unless I totally missed that convo… If Min Min's Arms x Smash crossover art pieces was drawn by the same people that drew the official art of Arms, then maybe we could get a piece or some of Isaac with some of the roster fighters by the artist of the latest GS or even the upcoming game? Just imagine a GS x Smash piece in that style, having Dark Dawn's art style as reference… I just drool thinking about it. Who would they draw with Isaac tho? Maybe they will keep doing interactions with some of the usual main veterans? I dunno
Maybe they could replicate the GS1 boxart, but have fitting characters replace Garet, Ivan, and Mia

So...Roy, Pikachu, and Palutena maybe?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait there is a picture of Min Min with Smash cast ? Like the nomura link vs cloud picture ?
I'd love to see some GS stuff like that too. Shulk, Isaac, Marth and Cloud together against Rathalos ?
It was posted on the day of her reveal.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe they could replicate the GS1 boxart, but have fitting characters replace Garet, Ivan, and Mia

So...Roy, Pikachu, and Palutena maybe?
I was actually thinking of something like that with promoted ATs for a congratulations screen.
Garet=Little Mac
Ivan=Isabelle
Mia=Dark Samus

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking of something like that with promoted ATs for a congratulations screen.
Garet=Little Mac
Ivan=Isabelle
Mia=Dark Samus
That'd be quite fun. Have them all together celebrating. I'm sure Isaac and Little Mac would be great buddies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think they would do something funny with Isaac and djinns interacting with some of the veterans in some silly way

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Whatever they do I'm sure it'd be fun.
Imagine Isaac giving a lecture on alchemy to Byleth and Robin.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Whatever they do I'm sure it'd be fun.
Imagine Isaac giving a lecture on alchemy to Byleth and Robin.
:ultbyleth: "So...just to get this straight...if you don't light these 4 lighthouses, your world is doomed?"

Isaac: "Yup!"

:ultrobin: "...and if you DO light them...your world is still doomed?"

Isaac: "Pretty much!"

:ultrobin: (Wow and I thought us FE folk had it rough with dragons...)

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
:ultbyleth: "So...just to get this straight...if you don't light these 4 lighthouses, your world is doomed?"

Isaac: "Yup!"

:ultrobin: "...and if you DON'T light them...your world is still doomed?"

Isaac: "pretty much!"

:ultrobin: (Wow and I thought us FE folk had it rough with dragons...)
Isaac: "*having used mind read thank to Ivan's spirit* Oh we have those too,
they were made of my dad and parents in law."

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Hey, everyone, I'd just like to mention that I have created a Google document on reasons why Golden Sun is likely to return. It was made with the help of the Isaac support discord server and I thought sharing it here would be a good idea. If anyone wants to comment on it, I have it enabled. I still need help on finding more sources for some of the information we know and such so it would be helpful if any could be submitted alongside other things I may have missed! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fJDh4wuSFxKNVUOUGnmqOE4NVSFdQToyPjTXPk6eHM8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That was my single lowest moment. I still can't bring myself to play Plant or Hero. I think I can equate the joy I'd feel on an announcement to the joy I felt when Sailor Moon Crystal was announced. I mean, it didn't turn out that great in the end, but at the time knowing they were continuing/remaking one of my favorite things of all time was pure happiness. I told everyone even if they didn't care and smiled for weeks.
Funnily enough Piranha Plant has become one of my favourite characters to play. I'd say Incineroar and Ken are more like that for me....although they were revealed at the same time as Piranha Plant so it's probably just that I don't really like playing as them. (Incineroars recovery is really awkward to me) I kinda forget Incineroar is on the roster sometimes...

(as for Ken, honestly if I want to play with that moveset I just play Ryu)

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I feel like my reaction to Isaac in Smash will be similar to watching my beloved Capitals and Nationals win championships: no crying, much yelling, then a few moments of silence trying to process what just happened and what to do with my life now.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly Isaac getting dunked on didn't really impact my thoughts on the Nov 2018 reveal characters that much. Incineroar was something I really didn't want before even box theory was a thing, and was pokemon whose design I didn't care for as soon as it was officially announced for Sun and Moon. If we HAD to have a Gen VII rep, the only one I had any interest in whatsoever was Decidueye.

And Pirahna Plant, well, I wouldn't have liked it's inclusion even if Isaac hypothetically made it in. PP's inclusion would have bothered me less, but I still would have found it silly.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I feel like my reaction to Isaac in Smash will be similar to watching my beloved Capitals and Nationals win championships: no crying, much yelling, then a few moments of silence trying to process what just happened and what to do with my life now.
As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, there was definitely some disbelief that we were actually winning in 2018's Super Bowl (a backup quarterback beating Tom Brady? this can't be happening, can it?), followed by a lot of loud cheering as it closed in on the final. Heck, it's been two years and I still barely believe we got a championship after years and years of disappointment (including a couple of decisively mediocre seasons after).

That said, we're talking about sports events that last several hours and have weeks of lead-up time (months if you count the regular season and early playoffs). By comparison, for Isaac in Smash and/or a new Golden Sun, we'd have at most the day(s) before the Direct, with no real inkling what is coming until the announcement(s) actually happen, so you get all that emotion in a matter of moments with virtually no warning. Frankly, it's hard to predict how exactly one will react given such circumstances. I hope I get to find out what those reactions will be! ;)

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, there was definitely some disbelief that we were actually winning in 2018's Super Bowl (a backup quarterback beating Tom Brady? this can't be happening, can it?), followed by a lot of loud cheering as it closed in on the final. Heck, it's been two years and I still barely believe we got a championship after years and years of disappointment (including a couple of decisively mediocre seasons after).

That said, we're talking about sports events that last several hours and have weeks of lead-up time (months if you count the regular season and early playoffs). By comparison, for Isaac in Smash and/or a new Golden Sun, we'd have at most the day(s) before the Direct, with no real inkling what is coming until the announcement(s) actually happen, so you get all that emotion in a matter of moments with virtually no warning. Frankly, it's hard to predict how exactly one will react given such circumstances. I hope I get to find out what those reactions will be! ;)
Hey! I'm an Eagles fan from Delaware!

Watching the Superbowl was nuts because physiologically I was not up for it. I was getting spotty vision, almost passed out multiple times. I actually started fainting after the Philly Special. Was doing breathing exercises at half time. I'm not even fat or sickly, just out of shape and far past my responsible hype levels. I should start to do more cardio before a Nintendo direct...

I think I'll be in voice chat with the Golden Sun Discord if a July direct really does happen. Definitely want that reaction captured forever. Also, one of the most enlightening things I've enjoyed was listening to a Donkey Kong fan podcast the week after K Rool's announcement. It was very cool to get a behind-the-fandom look in at something I did not care about. I'm thinking about organizing something similar if we do get a GS announcement in 2020.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
By the way, the new Octopath Traveler spirit "Tressa & Cyrus" uses the Golden Sun Final Battle remix as music. Do anyone know which Octopath music it refers to?

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
By the way, the new Octopath Traveler spirit "Tressa & Cyrus" uses the Golden Sun Final Battle remix as music. Do anyone know which Octopath music it refers to?
Interresting, I have no idea. But time to use that as a "proof" that GS is coming next dlc

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
The track is tangentially similar to Decisive Battle, which is the boss theme in Octopath.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Tinfoil hat theory that the Octopath Spirit Event is a hint to Golden Sun.

I mean, when the game came out, a lot of people (myself included) were reminded of Golden Sun. And the event uses GS music too. lol

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

I mean, when the game came out, a lot of people (myself included) were reminded of Golden Sun. And the event uses GS music too. lol
Wait Octopath reminds you of GS? I don't know it very much, can you tell me?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It was explicitly added due to Octopath's second anniversary; I don't think it's a hint towards anything in particular.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait Octopath reminds you of GS? I don't know it very much, can you tell me?
Just the style of the game and it being an RPG plus 8 characters like how you have 8 in TLA. Pretty sure there’s more I’m missing. lol

It was explicitly added due to Octopath's second anniversary; I don't think it's a hint towards anything in particular.
That’s why I said Tinfoil hat theory. :p

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I'm just kinda mad I can't pay 99 cents to put even just one Octopath music track in Smash. Loved that soundtrack, one of my favorites in recent memory, up there with Nier.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm just kinda mad I can't pay 99 cents to put even just one Octopath music track in Smash. Loved that soundtrack, one of my favorites in recent memory, up there with Nier.
Huh. Imagine being able to buy music like you would Mii costumes for Smash. That would be interesting.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is such a stretch it puts the entire cast of Arms to shame.

I'm watching the Treehouse stream at the moment, although I missed the Paper Mario section. Bakugan seems like the most random franchise to get a new game. Do we know if any other games will be shown off? Seems kinda weird to have a treehouse section just for two games....

Maybe without a direct they needed one last minute plug for Paper Mario.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I just want to play Daughter of the Dark God on Hannenbow while Solid Snake, Isabelle, and Donkey Kong team up to beat up Cloud Strife. Is that too much to ask?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Yeah, this event definitely doesn't hint towards anything in particular, but it is interesting that the Black Knight has finally made his first assist appearance in a spirit battle. He was probably added very late, which is why the Zelgius battle didn't feature him. Only the costume was available.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m holding out that the Direct will be on the 16th. But the way things are, the Direct is either next week or the 20th (which doesn’t make sense to me).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah it's definitely not gonna be on the 14th imo. That's just based on the supposed skus that were found on gamestop. If anything it has to be after that. The 20th is what most people are guessing because when someone said that date Kelios replied with a smiley face, and NateDrake agreed on it being after Paper mario release. We will see I guess, but it's definitely better than waiting till the freaking end of the month lol

ZelDan

Smash Master
IIRC 4 reputable insiders basically agree we are getting a direct on the 20th this month and even gameXplain covered the July 20th rumor (and from what I hear they wouldn't cover a rumor like that if they weren't sure it was true).

So yeah while nothing is obviously official I basically expect a direct to happen on the 20th.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So thanks to a certain someone on a Isaac-centric Discord, been getting informed up-to-date about what's been going on with things hinting a possibility on GS's return being in the works?

Nevertheless, looks like this July's gonna be interesting to follow through.

1594582046096.png

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Aight, so there's a theory about Waluigi being the fp7 because July 20th is Waluigi's 20th anniversary and there's rumors about direct that day.
Any thoughts?

Top Bottom