• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Been playing Dark Dawn and I'm loving it.
Hope we get a sequel or at least a remake.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Well, discovering it now is the best time to do so. Since a new GS is probably in the works xD Enjoy and take your time to explore.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I'm conviced, for this second pass, we will have a mix of first and third party. However, on the first party part, as DLC and until now, we add 3 veterans coming back, a plant that was probably supposed to get into the base roster and only put in DLC because of time restraint, and 2 clear promotional picks. If the trend continues, first party DLC will be promotional picks too. But the recent games do not bring potential picks that I feasible easily and fairly in Smash (Akira Howard, Spring-man) or that bring anything really new (Rex).

If they, instead, are going for "highly requested first party", I don't see a lot of them too. I don't see Bandana Waddle Dee and Dixie bringing much to the table. Waluigi is a mixed bag (maybe if they are giving him "cheating" machanics). I'm certainly biased, but if there are first party newcomers, I see first and foremost Elma, Isaac, Advance Wars rep, Rhythm Heaven rep and Paper Mario coming in, in all cases if tied with a new unannounced game. All these five contenders can bring a gimmick:
  • Elma: weapon switching and skells
  • Isaac: elemental attunement and/or djinn management
  • Advance Wars: I don't really think of anything that can work to bring something "strategic" in Smash, but Fire Emblem cast got a counter to represent that. Sakurai would find something.
  • Rhythm Heaven: rhythm can mean precised inputs
  • Paper Mario: the "paper" thing is full of potential for gimmicks

Edit: on a side note, there were a logo for the Tales serie that was discovered and didn't got a use. Some could have expected it was for Smash, but it's for this: https://tales-antenna.com/news/25th-logo/

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Advance Wars: I don't really think of anything that can work to bring something "strategic" in Smash, but Fire Emblem cast got a counter to represent that. Sakurai would find something.
A summoner character with a focus on stage control. Building tanks and they roll arounduntil they're destroyed, or Artillery that will continue to fire until it runs out of ammunition. I'd also consider a thing about "capturing" (see summoning) cities which can allow you to have more pets on the battlefield or something. The thing about Wars is that the commanders (the characters) don't do the fighting, they build units and command them, representing that would be easiest with a summoner class (also making all their units sprites would help avoid any processor issues like they had with Waddle Dee Toss in Smash 4). We do have the koopa bombs from Bowser Jr, Hydrant from PacMan and Gyro from ROB and to an extent both Olimar and Rosalina kind of summon thing but they stick with them rather than stage control, so we don't have anyone with a focus on summons... Snake might even be the closest with his mines. That's at least how I'd make a Wars character (personally I'd pick Andy specifically).

I sadly don't think you're right, but I'd certainly like if you were for Isaac, Andy's and Elma's sake (depending on the rhythm heaven character I could also be tempted, but I'm uncertain).

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
A summoner character with a focus on stage control. Building tanks and they roll arounduntil they're destroyed, or Artillery that will continue to fire until it runs out of ammunition. I'd also consider a thing about "capturing" (see summoning) cities which can allow you to have more pets on the battlefield or something. The thing about Wars is that the commanders (the characters) don't do the fighting, they build units and command them, representing that would be easiest with a summoner class (also making all their units sprites would help avoid any processor issues like they had with Waddle Dee Toss in Smash 4). We do have the koopa bombs from Bowser Jr, Hydrant from PacMan and Gyro from ROB and to an extent both Olimar and Rosalina kind of summon thing but they stick with them rather than stage control, so we don't have anyone with a focus on summons... Snake might even be the closest with his mines. That's at least how I'd make a Wars character (personally I'd pick Andy specifically).
That's a really cleaver idea! I can't see such a character to be competitively viable, but I don't care, I'm a casual, and that can be really fun casually. I really should hop to Andy thread someday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With Byleth's inclusion, we can be save to guarantee there's gonna be more 1st party DLC characters. However the thing that caught my attention most is how Byleth uses weapons they don't normally use for the sake of adding something unique and "typical Fire Emblem". Would you want Isaac represented like this too? In the form of being a master of all elements instead of only Earth / over world Psynergy?

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Would you want Isaac represented like this too? In the form of being a master of all elements instead of only Earth / over world Psynergy?
I don't really care honestly. People have already made several strong moveset using only his own element (earth), and that's how I see it.

But if there are other elements in the gameplay, I would like to see it like the Elementalists in Guild Wars 2 are made: make it change its element during the fight (somewhat like Shulk change his arts) to rotate its "special" skills. Changing the elements can be done with djinn shenanigans, or simply by a special skill like Shulk.

And don't see him using one element for one special, another element for another special... like is working Byleth in the end. That would feel strange.

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all, since we're all waiting to see what's in store for Camelot's new project, I figure I can add a little spice to the speculation. Back in late 2017, at the "3rd Game Business Archive", Hiroyuki Takahashi expressed interest in reviving the Shining Force franchise with Shining Force 4 (Article, Tweet). I personally love Shining Force, it is a Sega-owned franchise though so there is certainly a lot getting in the way off that. However, we might be able to conclude the Takahashi brothers do indeed have some desire to work on something other than a Mario sports title. Given the timing of the comments, right at the end of Hiroyuki's involvement with Mario Tennis Aces, we could very well see a non-sports title emerge from Camelot.

Obviously there is no hard evidence here, just a little extra to chew on. Camelot has had some bangers in their history, I'd love to see them flex some of that creativity.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think Isaac could show off more psynergies if he got a djinn management mechanic that changed his specials. That's how I made his moveset a few months ago. Changing djinns tweaks his stats (fall speed, ground and air speed, damage, defense etc) and changes all of his other specials and attacks that use a psynergy to one of that element.
For example if down-tilt is Thorns in venus, it'd be Frost or Cool for Mercury, Explosion for Mars and Whirwing for Jupiter.
The recovery would go from Spire (stepping on two spires to jump up while they fall down and do damage) to Planet Diver (basically Inceneroar's), to Bubble (multihop recovery that blocks 1 attack before popping and letting him freefall) and Hover (walks on the spot for a bit and recover all of his jumps/dodges etc).

That's how I think Isaac could show off the most of Golden Sun mechanics.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't really care honestly. People have already made several strong moveset using only his own element (earth), and that's how I see it.

But if there are other elements in the gameplay, I would like to see it like the Elementalists in Guild Wars 2 are made: make it change its element during the fight (somewhat like Shulk change his arts) to rotate its "special" skills. Changing the elements can be done with djinn shenanigans, or simply by a special skill like Shulk.

And don't see him using one element for one special, another element for another special... like is working Byleth in the end. That would feel strange.
Well yeah with Byleth it sort of makes sense, and because people are tired of "Fire Emblem Sword Lords", so Sakurai stretched his imagination with Byleth to represent all 3 House Leaders and main weapon types of Fire Emblem. I say it's genius honestly.

Personally, I would prefer Isaac as fully Vnlenus Adept as well, as it's a highly unique character concept for Smash. But who says the crowd of Smash fans won't blame Isaac for being "another anime swordfighter", similar to Byleth? The 4 elements thing could fix that. Honestly, I could see Specials representing the elements.

Quick sample moveset for Specials alone:

B: Move, like the AT
Side B: Fire Ball, works like in Dark Dawn over world
Up B: Tornado
Down B: Frost / Douse. Douse creates a puddle, Frost makes an ice pillar.

Seems iconic enough. Smash attacks would be Earth Psynergy. F Smash; Ragnarok, U Smash ; Nettle, D Smash; Earthquake.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That'd be a bit too simple I think. DLC characters all have some complex mechanic. Just that would make him too similar to Hero I think.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think giving Isaac more elements would ironically help to make him more forgettable and less innovative. We've already got characters using fire and wind and water, between Hero, Robin, Zelda and the various Pokemon. In contrast a full earthbender stands out more.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That's a really cleaver idea! I can't see such a character to be competitively viable, but I don't care, I'm a casual, and that can be really fun casually. I really should hop to Andy thread someday.
I dunno, while it's certainly to a lesser extent than I'm imagining and the game's totally different but Blazblue has a bunch of totally different types of summoner in Arakune and Rachel Alucard (who I'd imagine Andy's specials playing most like but with tanks and helicopters instead of frogs and floating pumpkins), arguably the Clovers (I'd say they're more puppet masters like Rosalina, but to varying degrees), Nine... and those games are built on their competitive chops. Not gonna pretend Andy would be easy to make, but there's certainly precedent.

As for Isaac showing off all the elements... eh? I think in Djinn it'd be fair game, but I think he should have all Venus psyenergy. I've always thought he should have Djinn Unleashes as his gimmick, certain moves (all smashes, dash attack, jab flurry, triple jump, maybe a sweetspot on an aerial attack, I dunno) will unleash a Djinn if they are used successfully making it more powerful but setting a cool down wherein Isaac will do a weaker version (or not at all in the case of triple jump) of that move without the unleash and will have a specific stat debuff. Once this standby period ends Isaac will automatically perform a summon when he's capable, unless Isaac stops and does a shield and B(like Inkling refilling) to set those djinn, but if you can unleash another Djinn you reset the timer, and change the summon to match whatever element you used most recently, thus incentivising you to set collect multiple in a row to pull off more powerful summons. I'd say Isaac should have one or two of each element Djinn except Venus which he has 3 (probably all three smash attacks) preferably with each related to certain types of action (Mercury related to shielding? Mars running (like that Dash Attack)? and obviously Jupiter related to aerials (definitely a triple jump, probably an aerial attack)).

As such if you end up pulling off your triple jump you suddenly really want to land the sweetspot on your neutral aerial (for instance) to use a more powerful summon, or shield and B to re set the Djinn, because the summon animation will leave you potentially vulnerable. And likewise if you land a smash you really want to hit the other two in time to pull off your most powerful, non-Final Smash, summon. I'd also suggest one of each of the other elements being something relatively easy to either do by accident, or for other players to force you to do to break Venus Djinn combos, and the other one (if there is another) to be much harder to pull off so it's not easy to trigger the more powerful summon of it's kind. Maybe a command would be needed to trigger the summon or something instead of re-set Djinn, I'm not a game designer.

Specials though should probably be all Venus... and Move since that was considered a Mars psyenergy in the first two games. Up special should definitely be Growth though, even if they do go mixed elements, it doesn't make sense for the psynergy you use to move upwards in the original games not to be the action used to move upwards in Smash, have it do a Palutena up-smash style hitbox that also extends a little below Isaac for when he's on-stage, and if it hits the stage (as it will when on-stage because it will extend slightly below Isaac's feet) it will become a ladder and a hitbox that will hurt (but crucially not flinch or knock off) any other player.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Maybe a comprimise would be the djinns changing your psynergies from your specials to the venus ones from the dual classes. So it'd be quake/spire, vine/thorns, punji, gaia. Something like that ?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think giving Isaac more elements would ironically help to make him more forgettable and less innovative. We've already got characters using fire and wind and water, between Hero, Robin, Zelda and the various Pokemon. In contrast a full earthbender stands out more.
I get that to an extent. But I feel that, if elemental variety is nested in a Djinn based mechanic, he could still feel very unique.

Having said that, I’m super bored of fire being the go to element for every character. So in that sense I would be completely down for a fully Venus psynergy Isaac.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
If Isaac can switch between elements (not having one for some attacks, then another for those attacks, and a third for one attack etc...) it'd be quite unique.
You'd go from an earthbender to the avatar. That'd be pretty cool. 4 variations of his whole moveset.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
With my moveset Isaac is primarily earth based but has a few non venus psynergy in there like with his aerials (ex. Planet Diver). With the djinn however I wanted it to represent the games without being overly complicated so it's kind of like a mix between Hero's command selection and Shulk's Monado arts. It's set to his down b and you pick one of four djinn from each element that has a special ability but give you a nerf until it is set for use again. I wanted the nerfs to co-exist with each other so the more you use them without letting the other djinn recharge the more nerfs you'll have.

(Venus)FLINT- Strong strike but increases fall speed

(Mars)FEVER- Slow strike that deludes enemies but makes your move speed slow

(Jupiter)GUST- Shoots out long range bolts but makes you lighter and easier to launch

(Mercury)CHILL- Shoots a water ball at an arc that decreases enemy damage and knockback by 50% and yours by 25%. If you miss the shot you'll be disadvantaged.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I agree with the notion that Isaac should only use earth psynergy. It would make him feel far more unique, although I know using different Djinn would make for a cool fighting style.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If Isaac gets in, would Teleport and Pound be in his arsenal?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Teleport is a decent contender for his recovery. Pound could be a down throw or used or an extension of move if the move functions in a way that allows that
I think it'd cool if Isaac used the Psynergy hand in his throws, with down being Pound, up being Scoop or Lift, forward being Move, and back being Carry or Force. I agree that Teleport would be a good recovery, if a little basic. SSF2 uses Scoop, which would be neat, but I'd rather his specials focus on specifically battle Psynergy/Venus Psynergy.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think it'd cool if Isaac used the Psynergy hand in his throws, with down being Pound, up being Scoop or Lift, forward being Move, and back being Carry or Force. I agree that Teleport would be a good recovery, if a little basic. SSF2 uses Scoop, which would be neat, but I'd rather his specials focus on specifically battle Psynergy/Venus Psynergy.
Scoop is neat but I think it's gonna be weak against edgeguards. Also I think Force could work as a Dash attack, like in SSF2.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Scoop is neat but I think it's gonna be weak against edgeguards. Also I think Force could work as a Dash attack, like in SSF2.
Yeah, and I'd rather not pull from SSF2. I'd rather his Dash Attack be something different.
I imagine the Dash Attack as his default attacking animation, where he leaps into the air and strikes with the sword (like Link's Dash Attack).
I usually put his default attack animation as the F-Smash, since it fits the powerful but slow strike Smash Attacks are. I could see it as his Dash Attack, though.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Isaac is that, even if he just has Venus psynergy, he’s still incredibly unique. There’s not a single instance of earth magic in Smash yet, and I can’t think of many others except Isaac who can fill that role.

As for a moveset, any assortment of Venus psynergy will make me happy. Ragnarok and Move are a must. One idea I had for a recovery is Growth, where Isaac grows a vine that acts as a grapple to the ledge. The interesting part is that, if used on land, it will grow a vine that you can freely climb like a ladder.

I always imagined that, since Isaac is an earth user, his play style would involve him doing his best to stay grounded at all times to take advantage of his earth magic.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about Isaac is that, even if he just has Venus psynergy, he’s still incredibly unique. There’s not a single instance of earth magic in Smash yet, and I can’t think of many others except Isaac who can fill that role.

As for a moveset, any assortment of Venus psynergy will make me happy. Ragnarok and Move are a must. One idea I had for a recovery is Growth, where Isaac grows a vine that acts as a grapple to the ledge. The interesting part is that, if used on land, it will grow a vine that you can freely climb like a ladder.

I always imagined that, since Isaac is an earth user, his play style would involve him doing his best to stay grounded at all times to take advantage of his earth magic.
We have a decent amount of earth-related attacks, but that's kind of it. DK's Ground Slap and Rock Smash are blatantly earth-based. There might be a few others.

Ivysaur is the only other close one, but that's cause it's pure grass moves as is. But Earth and Plants are not the entire same thing. Plus, Isaac is more than just plant-related moves.

I wonder if Megiddo or something else makes for a better Final Smash anyway. Using his Venus Sword unleash fits well into the Earth style.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman

I sadly don't think you're right, but I'd certainly like if you were for Isaac, Andy's and Elma's sake (depending on the rhythm heaven character I could also be tempted, but I'm uncertain).
Beat me to it. This is exactly the only way a Wars character should be done, with a meter of funds just like Hero's MP that replenishes over time. Oh, they'd BY FAR be the most toxic, campiest character in the cast, probably have to devise some mechanic to provide incentive to do more than camp, probably with funds running out for just spamming units. Strategy, strategy, strategy. Send in the tanks against Sonic charging spin dash, send in the fighters or AA against Palu to shut down her air approaches, ect.

In the same way, I'd kind of be bummed if the only Djinn in Isaac's kit shows up in his taunt or something. It really needs to be his gimmick, in whatever form it takes. You could make him just use Psynergy and be great, but djinn would make him completely unique and represent the series best.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
if there was a Djinn switching mechanic, we could just make it similar to how it works in the actual games. Where Isaac always has Earth-based powers but switching djinn switches what kind of powers, or maybe some attacks get stronger or weaker depending on the djinn equipped..

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
We have a decent amount of earth-related attacks, but that's kind of it. DK's Ground Slap and Rock Smash are blatantly earth-based. There might be a few others.

Ivysaur is the only other close one, but that's cause it's pure grass moves as is. But Earth and Plants are not the entire same thing. Plus, Isaac is more than just plant-related moves.

I wonder if Megiddo or something else makes for a better Final Smash anyway. Using his Venus Sword unleash fits well into the Earth style.
True, but that’s pretty borderline. Plus, rock smash ain’t really a thing anymore. There’s so much potential in the earth element.

For a final smash, I’m expecting it’ll either be Judgment (Most likely), Titan Blade, Megiddo or Grand Gaia.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, but that’s pretty borderline. Plus, rock smash ain’t really a thing anymore. There’s so much potential in the earth element.

For a final smash, I’m expecting it’ll either be Judgment (Most likely), Titan Blade, Megiddo or Grand Gaia.
Eh, earthquakes aren't borderline(which is what literally Ground Slap is, causing an earthquake of sorts). Rock Smash is pure earth. And yeah, true, them removing it suuuuucks. But Flare Blitz is damn good too, and to be frank, Rock Smash's biggest use was on bosses.

But there really isn't much of Earth stuff in Smash to begin with.

And those all sound like some great choices to me.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
This got me thinking, what would Isaac's weapon be? He would probably keep it sheathed on his left shoulder most of the time unless he uses it, and Sol Blade doesn't really fit the scabbard he has right now.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
They'd use the sword they've already rendered for the mii costume. Most of his stuff would be reused from both the assist and the mii costume, so don't expect very many deviations in terms of model.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I am going to throw my 2 cents in and say that after a lot of thinking, I think Isaac might be coming next year to celebrate Golden Sun's 20th anniversary along with that hypothetical Golden Sun Switch Game we are all hoping hard for.
This years fighter pass is probably gonna go for the first 3 at least according to my calculations:

#1: Shown at the upcoming Nintendo Direct we are getting soon. Nintendo knows that the next fighters pass launches in a week and they need to show us at least one fighter to get us interested cause I don't know about you, but after that November Direct, I was so stubborn to investing in the first fighters pass. However once Joker was shown at the VGA's, That won me over given that my best friend wanted him so badly and I kept saying "Nah that can't happen"

It's gotta be a iconic third party or at least one character that really appeals to a mass audience. Waluigi might be it or say Ryu Hayabusa. Sort of in that range

#2 E3 is inevitably gonna have a smash reveal and given that it is on a grand stage, It makes perfect sense to have another internet nuking character whether that is another 3rd party blockbuster (I expect Crash Bandicoot, Lloyd Irving, or Master Chief to be honest, heck maybe even Doom Guy) Or if we are in fact getting a first party reveal, Isaac just might have a shot though I think Nintendo will probably chose Rex or another mass appeal 1st party.

#3 September is always having a direct so we no doubt will see the last one of the year before the next one. I expect this to be the best shot of getting a first party and if Mario Golf has not been shown at this point in time nor a Golden Sun game for the Switch, this can be the grand opportunity. Of course my friends and I predict Lloyd Irving is most likely for this reveal (Given that Tales is celebrating its anniversary) But for all we know, this can be another internet shattering reveal and Isaac is the one to be shown! Though given that in the past two years we got Isabelle (Not exactly a hype pick but still pleasing to the normal fans) And then they followed it up with Terry (An Iconic fighter that has a huge following in Latin America and a long history with Capcom crossovers)
So basically September is gonna be ultra hype or its just gonna be a so so casual fan choice. I expect either one :/

That is my bets for how this year goes. At least when it comes to the smash character reveal schedule.

Now here is the fun part: These are my top ten I hope for most!

1. Geno- He was my ballot vote and I have wanted him since smash 4. Geno can bring so much unique fighting mechanics with his moveset and he represents a once strong bond Nintendo and Square once shared. Given his impressive dedicated fanbase and Sakurai himself expressing interest, his time just might come soon! (Of course given that mii gunner mii costume trend...... I really hope it does not happen to the star puppet!)

2. Isaac- He may be an assist trophy, but the fact that we still rallied and supported our Golden Boi even in the dark times shows Nintendo that Golden Sun means so much to us. We have gone through the Golden Sunday's and Letter Campaigns and given that NOA was supposedly surprised at all that backlash in the November Direct, I think he was at least considered for promotion especially if that remaster or sequel was Greenlit. We got a lot going for us and we know Isaac passes that whole unique mechanic test, so I will hope for Isaac until Sakurai comes out and says all DLC is done.

3. Shantae- Of all the indie characters, Shantae I think deserves it the most. Her moveset would be so fun and she has her origins on Nintendo way back on the GameBoy Color, so I just hope she get's her chance. Wayforward really supported her during the ballot and she is a spirit in the game so it should make sense that could lead to something even more? Seven Sirens is on its way, so of all the promotional picks, It would be an absolute WIN!

4. Master Chief- Halo is really making a comeback this year with Infinite and since Microsoft and Nintendo have been so buddy buddy this year, It just seems more than just a pipe dream at least for me. I can say that if Chief gets in, Instant main. Halo was a huge part of my High School years and to see Chief finally be able to fight Samus settles that whole argument me and my buds have had since middle school. Halo Music in smash..... I can't even...

5. Lloyd Irving- Lloyd is looking more and more likely given the Tales celebrations going on this year and the rumored Symphonia port to switch we will get later this year. Namco helped co develop this game so it makes perfect sense to both give their dues and really make the fans happy in the process. Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time and a dual swordsman has a lot of moveset potential. Plus more Motoi Sakuraba music!

6. Sora- Obviously Disney and all may prevent it, but he is the RPG guy who has crossed over so much and after playing him in smash flash 2, he really would work in a game like smash. Though if he comes and the Geno mii costume comes back with him, I will be a tad bummed.

7. Crash Bandicoot- He is my bet for an E3 reveal or possibly the first DLC Reveal. He is the iconic mascot of the 90's and his movepools got a lot to offer. Crash going up against Sonic and Mario alike would really please longtime smash fans (Heck even my dads gamer friend would love it!)

8. Dante- I thought we would get Dante by now but with Byleth, I am not so sure. Though all those rumors and his presence in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 does show that he can be quite the contender. No doubt he would be pretty unique and Devil May Cry is on the switch soooo......

9. Ryu Hayabusa- Ryu has been around Nintendo since the start of the NES and he would be a complete ninja which we don't have in the roster yet ( I don't count sheik)

10. Arle- She has grown on me a bunch thanks to PaPaGeno's and she would be an excellent addition. Her character fits right in.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I was thinking... Before the game was released, I had a list of characters that I thought were doable and that I was hoping to get into the roster. In no specific order: Isaac, Waluigi, Shantae, Paper Mario, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Elma, Andy.

Now we have the complete list from the base game and the first FP, and like you see, my list hasn't changed an inch because none of the characters on that list have been made playable.

I'm a bit bitter.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I think pretty much all of my major wants are first party characters.

Isaac, Andy, Skull Kid, Rex, Dixie Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Waluigi, and Krystal.

Shantae is my most wanted third party, but I also would like to see Geno fans get their guy.

As for other third party characters I think it’d be cool to see Crash, Rayman, Lloyd, and Sora.

But really there’s no character I’d hate to see get in. Except fourth party characters, but thankfully that’ll never happen.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
At this point, I’m expecting Doom Slayer to show up real soon. Either Spring or Summer reveal and possibly Geno as well. But my hope for Isaac is still strong for this 2nd Pass. It always has been since Joker’s reveal. He would be perfect to promote a new Golden Sun game. I hope it happens this year!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Since we've circled back around to FP Vol. 2 speculation, here's my predictions:

1. Isaac - If we don't have faith, then why are we even here? To be revealed alongside a Golden Sun game at E3.
2. Waluigi - Will be a stinger on the Isaac E3 trailer, to be released later in the year. Lets Sakurai get the whole AT conversation out of the way.
3. Geno - I think he's either the first character of the pass or the last. His Mii costume still being missing is too conspicuous.
5. Yuri Lowell - AFAIK he's the more popular character among Tales fans, so I think we get him and a Lloyd costume.
4. Ryu Hayabusa - Seemingly a great choice all-around.
6. Sora - This is the internet-breaker, if you will. To be surprise revealed at VGA 2020.

Honorable mentions: Doomguy (I think, if anything, we'll get Mii Fighter gear), Phoenix Wright (I think Sakurai won't consider him "realizable"), Rex (Sakurai bias could get him in, but I think it makes more sense at this point just leaving him as a costume)

There's a few ways I could be totally wrong: predicting AT promotions is inherently risky, half of my predictions are RPG characters, and Kingdom Hearts being focused on non-video game characters may be more harmful than the actual liscensing. Still, I think this makes a well-rounded pass that both adds some longtime fan-requests while also adding big names that cater to the wider video game audience.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I have only two requests for this Pass: Isaac, of course, and please, do not make me watch TGAs again. They are actually the most boring game-related presentation I've ever seen. I've already resolved not to watch 2020's, lol.

Top Bottom