• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I can't wait to see your... ultimate form.

Here's the Tunic. Apparently it is the Twilight Princess version which happens to be my favorite. So, here's a taste of what to expect. My "Custom Cosplay" pics will come out later.
Just in time for some Zelda 35th Anniversary goodness in this Direct. Yeah! Even better if GS is shown too!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dearly hoping that the Direct's going to have some announcement on forward with this year beyond the first half... still, 50 minutes really is mouthful. I'm pretty sure we'll see what Camelot's been cooking up to.

On that note, my 20nth GS-themed T-Shirt from GamesDoneQuick2021 just came today. Wonder if to wear it for good luck...

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If we get Golden Sun on NSO I'd still try to make the most of it. It does give an opportunity for new people to try out the series in a more accessible manner and hopefully join our movement to get the series revived. Even if somehow we do get Golf we should try to make the most of it, Camelot wouldn't go back to Tennis after that so we'll continue raising our voices so they can hopefully return to the series again. Here's hoping the direct brings good things for us

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
If we get Golden Sun on NSO I'd still try to make the most of it. It does give an opportunity for new people to try out the series in a more accessible manner and hopefully join our movement to get the series revived. Even if somehow we do get Golf we should try to make the most of it, Camelot wouldn't go back to Tennis after that so we'll continue raising our voices so they can hopefully return to the series again. Here's hoping the direct brings good things for us
What if we got the first 2 or 3 games on NSO and the new GS game is the Dark Dawn sequel with or without a Dark Dawn remake?

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
If this is made by Camelot then it disproves the hypothesis some of you had that "it's been too long for them to have been working on a mario sports game, so it's probably golden sun." That was a bad assumption to make

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Camelot's logo was not there, but I'm not staking hope on that. I'm sure it'll be revealed to be Camelot later.
The music felt like Motoi's, but he also does work for non-Camelot projects.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
At least the dream died early, imagine hoping for 50 minutes straight.....
I... honestly wouldn't have minded that if I could've kept hoping afterwards. I don't know if I can keep up any support for GS anything after this.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just hope the reason why Sakurai didn't go with Rex was that he thought Pyra and Mythra had some cool things they could do, and animating a full Rex moveset as well would've been too much.

If we get someone like Jenna or Garet instead of Isaac, Sakurai will basically be admitting that ATs and Mii Costumes are problems. He can't use "they had more moveset potential" as a reason by that point, and he certainly couldn't if he chose Felix.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I think the last spots are for Rayman and Ryu Hayabusa...
Allow me to disagree. I think the following and few last characters will still be Nintendo characters.

Anyway. Here we are. We can only hope two things: either Camelot didn't work on Golf, or they were able to do two things at the same time.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you guys, but for me the Golf game looks pretty bad. Like really bad. As if they just started developing that during Covid as some quick and easy money.

I'd be surprised if that really was what Camelot have been working on for the past years.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not holding up hope for Golden Sun anymore... Camelot will probably forever make the same Mario Sports games. Disappointing, but nevertheless what I expected.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Ok, crackpot theory time: Camelot's logo was not on the trailer for Mario Golf. Camelot was prominently featured in the copyright information for Mario Tennis Aces, yet is right now absent from the information from Mario Golf. We know that the post-game content for MTA was done by Nintendo's internal staff, so perhaps they've done Golf internally as well? I think we have still have a hope.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
They said you can preorder it after the presentation. I assume it'll show who developed it in the shop, so if it's Camelot I'm outy louty. If it's not, then I suppose we keep on trucking.

I'm not holding my breath any longer, however.

Nawgust

Smash Rookie
I don't know about you guys, but for me the Golf game looks pretty bad. Like really bad. As if they just started developing that during Covid as some quick and easy money.

I'd be surprised if that really was what Camelot have been working on for the past years.
Call it wishful thinking, but I had the same thought. 3 years... for that? I'm not buying it. (No, really, I'm not buying it. Golf games do nothing for me.)

This doesn't mean Golden Sun isn't coming, but it does call a 2021 release into question.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ok, crackpot theory time: Camelot's logo was not on the trailer for Mario Golf. Camelot was prominently featured in the copyright information for Mario Tennis Aces, yet is right now absent from the information from Mario Golf. We know that the post-game content for MTA was done by Nintendo's internal staff, so perhaps they've done Golf internally as well? I think we have still have a hope.
Could also be Namco. You could hear Motoi Sakuraba-esque music in the footage, and that's who he also does a lot of work for when not working with Camelot.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Okay but Golf speed mode looks sick. I'm still holding out hope that Golden Sun will come back someday - I assume Camelot is developing Golf, but have we found confirmation of this yet?

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
I'd say my confidence in Camelot is shot. If they needed this long just to make a golf game, then making a complex RPG ain't even in their league.

Of course, this depends if they're really making Golf. Guess we'll see.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Nevermind, there it is. We're done for.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Well this direct may have crushed all my dreams in one fell swoop, and only got the new Octopath style game to look forward to.
Pyra kinda throws Isaac out of my predictions for Smash since having more than 2 JRPGs at once doesn't sound too likely. I'll keep hoping though.

And then there's Golf.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Okay, and get this, there hadn't been a Mario Golf console release since Toadstool Tour in 2003. This is how screwed we are. They decided to bring that to the console for the first time in almost two decades instead of Golden Sun.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
Camelot shows up in the copyright info at the very bottom of the e-shop page. I can't find them anywhere else, but the fact that they're even mentioned seems pretty telling.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of relieving, honestly. I like not having to worry about it anymore.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Given that this looks like Aces engine and assets etc, wouldn't be surprised if the basics were made around the same time, then Dev Unit 1 from Nintendo just finished it while Camelot supervised and focused on something else.
Only time will tell, but that game having so much RPG elements including free roam world etc is still stuff that can be used for GS later down the line

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, I do love XC2 so I’m super psyched about Pyra/Mythra.

I don’t think this 100% kills GS, but I doubt we’re going to see anything anytime soon. Maybe if GBA games come to NSO we can see the Golden Sun games on that, but that’s likely it.

I think there’s a 0% chance Isaac is a playable character now. It was pretty minuscule to begin with. At least the new Mario Golf game look interesting.

Overall I liked the Smash reveal, excited about Skyward Sword because I never played that one, and Golf looks enjoyable. Oh well.

Top Bottom