• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm kinda feeling this too. Wasn't this the show that Nintendo came with trailers for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Bravely Default 2 in years past?
Exactly, I don't know how someone could watch last year's TGA and think "yeah, Nintendo has to show off a hype character here".

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Here is how I see it going tonight

Doom guy 35%
Crash 35%
Jonsey 15% Cringe^10 and hope I am wrong
Sora 10%
Master chief 2%
Isaac 1%
Another First party Nintendo character 2%

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Do we know how long it'll probably take for the reveal to show up? Do we have an exact time or is it just for when the show starts?

I think it's starting at 12am here.....I'd rather not still be waiting for something to happen at 3am.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Do we know how long it'll probably take for the reveal to show up? Do we have an exact time or is it just for when the show starts?

I think it's starting at 12am here.....I'd rather not still be waiting for something to happen at 3am.
Around under 5 hours from now, from my estimates.

Must had interpreted the question wrong from mobile. :dizzy:

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing when during the show the reveal will be. For someone like me, who hates sitting through the Game Awards, it means I have to watch the worst show in gaming for who knows how long before the part I care about shows up.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Just giving my two cents before the Game Awards start. I feel there are two characters who are the most likely: Doom Slayer or Monster Hunter. However, I don’t think it’s gonna be a character many expect. I remember only one person saying it could be Joker back in 2018, so I’m expecting a similar situation where it’s someone not heavily talked about like Lara Croft, Scorpion or Kratos.

Of course I want it to be Isaac but I don’t think a first party character gets shown here unless a new game for them is announced.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm feeling Crash Bandicoot, Lloyd or Ryu Hayabusa. If Isaac is in I feel like he's going to revealed later on. All the Jonesy stuff is getting inflated over the smallest non comment made by one of the devs and I'm really not expecting Fortnite in Smash. Hope this doesn't age poorly

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Just giving my two cents before the Game Awards start. I feel there are two characters who are the most likely: Doom Slayer or Monster Hunter. However, I don’t think it’s gonna be a character many expect. I remember only one person saying it could be Joker back in 2018, so I’m expecting a similar situation where it’s someone not heavily talked about like Lara Croft, Scorpion or Kratos.

Of course I want it to be Isaac but I don’t think a first party character gets shown here unless a new game for them is announced.
None of those characters are as little talked about as Joker was even remotely

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not feeling Fortnite in FP2. Nintendo couldn't have known it would sustain its popularity when selecting the characters, and Minecraft arguably already fills that niche. Fingers crossed I'm not wrong.

Definitely feel we could get a curveball here, depending on what exactly is in FP2. Joker was certainly a surprise, and TGA reveals industry-wide have been all over the map, from major reveals like MGSV and Skyrim, to whatever that Fast and Furious game was. My gut still thinks Crash, but I'm just glad we already know a reveal is actually coming tonight.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
My personal opinion is that you're all too coloured by it being a TGA reveal. This character probably would have been revealed either at the same time as Steve, or in September, which means that it does not by any means need to be some "big" character, as in the former case Steve was already that, and in the latter... well, it's a direct reveal.

ZelDan

Smash Master
My personal opinion is that you're all too coloured by it being a TGA reveal. This character probably would have been revealed either at the same time as Steve, or in September, which means that it does not by any means need to be some "big" character, as in the former case Steve was already that, and in the latter... well, it's a direct reveal.
I don't believe the character being revealed has to be "big" either. Nintendo has made reveals during TGAs that wouldn't really be "big" in the past. I feel some people need to remember that.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
None of those characters are as little talked about as Joker was even remotely
That’s because back then no one had a true idea for how the dlc was gonna be handled, so characters like Joker were not truly considered. There will never be an exact situation like that again because now we know what’s possible in the dlc.

Anyways, the reason I said those characters as surprises is due to them not being talked about nearly as much as the usual speculated characters. Such as Crash, Sora, Geno, Doom Guy or the plethora of Capcom characters.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
ARMS and Final Fantasy, two series whose representation got to be expanded upon in this pass. This could go either way for Isaac.
One could argue FP2 has been all about addressing the biggest omissions of base Ultimate: no ARMS rep, unusually bad representation for Cloud/FF7 compared to the rest of the roster, and the goliath that is Minecraft being left out altogether. As an Isaac fan, that's a pattern with substantial promise, although I imagine we'll need to see if Golden Sun HD is real first before we have a chance of getting that coveted playable Smash character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
ARMS and Final Fantasy, two series whose representation got to be expanded upon in this pass. This could go either way for Isaac.
On one hand Sephiroth uses a sword....which seems a little on the dicey side for Isaac. (even though Isaac has more to offer than just "sword user")

On the other hand Sephiroth is yet another surprise people didn't see coming. (on top of Min Min and Steve)

and another fan rule was broken. (I believe Sephiroth is the first second rep for a third party franchise with a unique moveset)

Not that that really effects Isaacs chances one way or another.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Well, that was unexpected. Final Fantasy now becomes the first third-party franchise to have more than one unique character. What I'm confused about the most is the Omnislash Ver. 5 showing up, because I doubt that would be Sephiroth's Final Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time, so Sephiroth is totally fine by me. Especially if he actually brings a nice amount of content with him unlike Cloud.
Considering Sephiroth will be bringing a new stage with him, are there any locations in FF7 that are iconic and "belong" to Sephiroth that you could see becoming a stage?

I've played FF7 but I never finished it so I'm not sure what stage he'd bring with him.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay with this. Sephiroth wouldn't have been my first choice (or even second or third) from Square Enix (I'm in the Sora camp personally) but he is cool all the same.

Still wish they weren't so picky on getting the English voice actors though. I love George Newborn as Sephiroth so it'll be a shame not to hear him.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Considering Sephiroth will be bringing a new stage with him, are there any locations in FF7 that are iconic and "belong" to Sephiroth that you could see becoming a stage?

I've played FF7 but I never finished it so I'm not sure what stage he'd bring with him.
I could see the Planet's core, which is the final area in the original game, being it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I am liking how Sephiroth is yet another character that has blindsided the community.

Even if I don't end up loving whoever these next three fighter pass characters are I feel pretty confident at this point that it's going to be a ride.

I guess Sephiroth could mean that Tails/Eggmans chances have just shot through the roof. That's kinda crazy to think about really.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Anyway Geno died so Isaac's the last big ballot choice left

And before you say anything silly like "but Sephiroth was on the ballot", no, he wasn't because we didn't even have Cloud during the ballot

As for Tails and Eggman or second third party franchise reps in general, I feel like Sephiroth's the only one we're getting. Sephiroth was pretty clearly chosen because of the blockbuster that is Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Kinda bummed, definitely wanted 2B or Laura Croft from Squenix.

Yeah more JRPG representation that isn't Golden Sun, I dunno how I feel. Not a Final Fantasy fan outside of Tactics, so whatever.

Very much bummed that it's a character from a series that is already represented with a playable character. That just sucks for all the various worlds that could have been included.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Anyway Geno died so Isaac's the last big ballot choice left
Nah, Geno's not dead until they add his Mii Fighter costume back. Until then, I have to think one of the Smash community's favorite choices still has a chance, especially now that we know they worked with Square Enix on FP2.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So when Geoff talked about a classic series being remade, and the Switch logo popped, I wasn't the only one who, you know...>_>

Ghosts & Goblins Resurrection might be nice though.
The panic was very real, until the Capcom logo popped up of course. Think we would have seen a Golden Sun trailer by now if it was happening tonight, but I've been having fun regardless.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
So, what do you think that One Winged Angel form at the end of the trailer was? It was definitely done in Smash graphics. Do you think we're getting new bosses to fight, or would that just be the start of Sephiroth's final smash?

Top Bottom