• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
and this second pass being aimed as opportunities to satisfy fans.
I've read this multiple times in this forum, but don't think Ive seen any evidence. The last guy who said it even referenced Banjo, who was revealed before the second fighters pass.

I would love to see this spreadsheet if you're willing to share. I'm always curious to hear what characters others consider viable or likely.
Actually I created it with sharing in mind!! It's a constant work in progress.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If memory serves, this is what Sakurai said when announcing the Fighter Pass 2.
There is one thing to worry about though: While Nintendo might've noticed people complaining about Isaac being an AT, they could also notice a rise in AT apologists alongside those that complain about them, and many cases where profit/pissing off those cringy boomers with their cringy Nintendo characters matters more than who'd be the most fun to play. Acting like Jonesy is a lock is the end result of the latter.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I've read this multiple times in this forum, but don't think Ive seen any evidence. The last guy who said it even referenced Banjo, who was revealed before the second fighters pass.
I've been the one repeating it over and over again. Sakurai said this about pass 2 during the banjo presentation. More dlc characters in development was a thing already announced, which is what he is exactly talking about in that part, which obviously refers to pass 2.

Minute 24:22 when he says it (he starts the topic about 23:50 or so)

And yes, by that time pass 2 was already decided.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I've been the one repeating it over and over again. Sakurai said this about pass 2 during the banjo presentation. More dlc characters in development was a thing already announced, which is what he is exactly talking about in that part, which obviously refers to pass 2.

Minute 24:22 when he says it (he starts the topic about 23:50 or so)

And yes, by that time pass 2 was already decided.
I thought it was locked in November.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
There is one thing to worry about though: While Nintendo might've noticed people complaining about Isaac being an AT, they could also notice a rise in AT apologists alongside those that complain about them, and many cases where profit/pissing off those cringy boomers with their cringy Nintendo characters matters more than who'd be the most fun to play. Acting like Jonesy is a lock is the end result of the latter.
this is the same team that keeps adding Fire Emblem characters despite almost unanimous ire, they don't give a damn

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
A fun random thing
If Isaac has KOF style 'Super Specials', what would you give him?
Hmm...the only attack I can think of that fits a “super special” would be Odyssey. I’m just not sure what kind of mechanics Isaac could have to activate it. I know we’ve talked about a possible Djinn system for him.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Hmm...the only attack I can think of that fits a “super special” would be Odyssey. I’m just not sure what kind of mechanics Isaac could have to activate it. I know we’ve talked about a possible Djinn system for him.
In that case I'd make it replace Ragnarok as his Side Smash (so functionality stays the same) when he has a Venus djinn set (or more).
Ragnarok working basically like Bayo's side-Smash. Odyssey starting as a "pin you in place" small sword and then the big one. Maybe a completely different launch angle, spiking the opponent and making them bounce from the ground to start combos. If used on as a ledge-guard it'd be pretty strong.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
By super special, basically a very strong attack. Sometimes it's related to a normal special, sometimed it's not.
Power Geyser would be the 'similar to normal special' one
alfred-waverider.gif

This is Wave Rider, and Alfred has no other specials that resembles this. It's just a standalone super special.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
As someone who strongly advocates a Golden Sun fighting game, I can dig it.

As people said earlier, Ragnarok/Odyssey make sense as one, and I'm partial to planet diver for another

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I never played him or played against him so I have no idea what you mean. Just stronger versions basically ?
Terry has a mechanic where, if he hits 100% damage, he gets a little "GO!" indicator under his icon and can use two super special attacks (Power Geyser and Buster Wolf) at any time until he dies and his hp resets. To do so you HAVE to input traditional fighting game commands, though in addition to the original commands from the Fatal Fury series there are also simpler commands in this game that can activate these two extremely powerful attacks. Also, these attacks aren't really powered up versions of other attacks, but completely unique attacks with different properties from anything else in Terry's arsenal; the closest any of his normal specials come to these super moves is Burn Knuckle to Buster Wolf, but even then there are clear differences.

As far as Isaac is concerned, I would not really give him a mechanic like this, for two reasons: one, he's not a fighting game character, so the complex inputs wouldn't make sense or have any origin. Two, the most logical way to give anything similar to Isaac would be by powering up moves like Ragnarok and Gaia into their stronger variations, which could also be accomplished by a "hold the button to charge" mechanic or through a more personalized mechanic that mirrors the Djinn cycle.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
As far as Isaac is concerned, I would not really give him a mechanic like this, for two reasons: one, he's not a fighting game character, so the complex inputs wouldn't make sense or have any origin. Two, the most logical way to give anything similar to Isaac would be by powering up moves like Ragnarok and Gaia into their stronger variations, which could also be accomplished by a "hold the button to charge" mechanic or through a more personalized mechanic that mirrors the Djinn cycle.
I was about to say this. But I would add that an hypothetic "super special" could also be some kind of summoning after using djinns

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I had Ragnarok in mind as a powerful super special you could only use if you had enough Djinn set (or standby, depending how they work a system like that in).

So the idea you could use Djinn for more powerful moves but you'd be slower and attack weaker until they're Set again.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We've got a new fighter being revealed tonight. I'm glad they said so this year, I was planning on skipping but now I have to watch. I'm hoping it's Isaac, but it seems unlikely for TGA. My best guess is Geno, but I really can't get a read on this.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

It can't be Geno. Geno is a nobody to anyone outside of Smash bubble.

I hope we will get this:
And before we leave the RPG category, there's one more piece of important news.
A legendary RPG name is on its way back on Nintendo portable. A franchise that's been gone for quite a while.
After going dark 10 years ago, 2021 will bring a new dawn with Golden Sun Switch.

Insert trailer for Golden Sun Switch here

But wait, there's more!

Typical Smash Bros intro
But it will probably be a third party I don't care for.

However, I saw someone saying there were a rumor about Sora. What is it?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
We've got a new fighter being revealed tonight. I'm glad they said so this year, I was planning on skipping but now I have to watch. I'm hoping it's Isaac, but it seems unlikely for TGA. My best guess is Geno, but I really can't get a read on this.
Link for anyone curious. (Edit: Thanks Pinguino21v Pinguino21v , I'm slow apparently)

My opinion, an Isaac in Smash reveal by itself wouldn't fit, but TGA would be an excellent opportunity for a Golden Sun/Isaac in Smash dual reveal. If I had to guess what will actually happen, my money's on Crash since he's such a mainstream character and is technically nominated this year for Best Family Game (although, let's be real, that's definitely going to Animal Crossing).

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
However, I saw someone saying there were a rumor about Sora. What is it?
Found it: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/534692757

Kratos & Master Chief in Fortnite were meant to be held off until the show’s opening as a momentous occasion. PSN ****ed up and now MC is the only one they’re saving.
Scramble was supposed to be revealed in a similar way that Joker in Smash was, with the broadcast fake cutting out while Geoff was talking.
No More Heroes III is getting a full gameplay trailer.
RE Village is getting a full trailer showing “Chris”, actually some werewolf dude impersonating him.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is getting a release date of February 12th.
Balan Wonderworld Showcase.
Monster Hunter Rise is getting a story trailer.
Crash Legends reveal, Crash Bash esque party game but with more variety in minigames.
Lego Star Wars trailer, shows off Legacy Mode, which enables the old grunts and sfx.
RWBY: Crescent Fall is shown. 4 player beat em up.
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Complete Edition gets a release date. Scheduled for Christmas Day.
Something Kingdom Hearts related at the end. Yes. Its exactly what you think it is.

That may be believable.

In any case, it will start at 0:30 in the middle of the night for Centrale Europe. I'll see that when I'll get up.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I don't really see Isaac being a Game Awards reveal, although god I would love it. I'd probably chuck my money on a character that the west considers more popular, since that's moreso the demographic for the Game Awards - Crash is probably gonna be my guess, but there's a few potential options not Fortnite please not Fortnite

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Found it: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/534692757

That may be believable.

In any case, it will start at 0:30 in the middle of the night for Centrale Europe. I'll see that when I'll get up.
Plausible leak, but obviously the Pilgrim date is wrong, and if P5S was actually supposed to be revealed there, I sincerely doubt they would have moved the reveal to two days prior when the run-of-show should have been locked in for a while. I also think Sora in Smash is a little too problematic to actually happen, but I could very easily be wrong on that, and TGA is the best place to reveal that short of E3.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting something that I won't like, but either way I won't bother staying up.

But something I'm almost sure of is that it won't be Jonesy. If Sakurai was forced to add a Fortnite character he wouldn't do it right after another character that builds stuff (he really cares about what gimmicks the Pass characters will have, remember?).

Last edited:

NNN

Smash Cadet
If I'm not wrong, Altair and a Rabbid got mii costumes, but Rayman didn't, right?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac probably won't be revealed tonight....but I don't think it's impossible either. Especially if one of the new games revealed was a Golden Sun game. (remake or otherwise) I know that's a BIG if but still...

To be fair though....if we think that Isaac is possible....then he'll probably have to get revealed at some big event. Whether it's the game awards or at E3. There aren't many remaining opportunities for "low key" character announcements.

Like of the remaining four, one of them is being revealed at the game awards and at least one other is probably going to be revealed at E3. So it kinda narrows the possibile windows for Isaac to appear if he can only appear as a smaller announcement.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Isaac probably won't be revealed tonight....but I don't think it's impossible either. Especially if one of the new games revealed was a Golden Sun game. (remake or otherwise) I know that's a BIG if but still...

To be fair though....if we think that Isaac is possible....then he'll probably have to get revealed at some big event. Whether it's the game awards or at E3. There probably aren't many remaining opportunities for "low key" character announcements.

Like of the remaining four, one of them is being revealed at the game awards and at least one other is probably going to be revealed at E3. So it kinda narrows the possibile windows for Isaac to appear if he can only appear as a smaller announcement.
Actually, if all our speculation on Golden Sun HD is accurate, they could easily announce that tonight, then announce Isaac in Smash during a "low key" Direct in the coming months. He hardly needs to be a big event character, and as cool as a dual reveal would be, I think Nintendo would prefer a major character drop at TGA than a more niche choice like Isaac.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Nintendo would prefer a major character drop at TGA than a more niche choice like Isaac.
Was Joker considered a "major character drop"?

I know Persona is a really popular franchise, but it's always seemed like a "mainstream niche" kind of franchise to me. Sort of like Ace Attorney.

Not saying Isaac/Golden Sun is comparable to Joker/Persona in terms of popularity or "notoriety" but the idea that it absolutely has to be a character with massive mainstream appeal like Crash seems kinda weak to me.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Reposting the support list.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 3DSNinja
  4. 9Blades
  5. ☆Jisatsu☆
  6. Verrix
  7. ?!?!?!
  8. Accursed
  9. AceyT
  10. Adeptmune
  11. Agk0001
  12. Aguki90
  13. airConditioner
  14. AirMac1
  15. aldelaro5
  16. alguidrag
  17. Akod
  18. AlliwantisIsaac
  19. Altais
  20. Amberloo
  21. Amtoj
  22. AncientArk
  23. andimidna
  24. Androobie
  25. Aeon Lupin
  26. Apollyon
  27. Aqua Rock X
  28. AquaDork1
  29. AquaSol
  30. Arcadenik
  31. ArkSPiTFirE
  32. Arsenal234,
  33. Arteen
  34. Asian_Charizard
  35. Astraltar
  36. Aureola
  37. Aurora Jenny
  38. AustarusIV
  39. AwesomeCauliflower68
  40. Awesomedude444
  41. aztimh
  42. Backgammon
  43. Baddies are back
  44. Balgorxz
  45. BandannaWaddleDee
  46. Bane84
  47. Banjodorf
  48. bassem6
  49. Bassoonist
  50. Billybae10K
  51. BillyBat
  52. Bingoshi
  53. Bkupa666
  54. Black Magician
  55. Blackwolf666
  56. Bladebreaker
  57. Blaziken
  58. Blue7113
  59. BluePikmin11
  60. BoltDragon
  61. BoN~
  62. BoreasTheSnowConeMachine
  63. Bowser-Daimao
  64. BravadoMan_13
  65. BridgesWithTurtles
  66. Brother AJ
  67. Browny
  68. Buddy002
  69. Bunny8093
  70. BUnit
  71. Burruni
  72. Calamitas
  73. Calane
  74. CactusBlah
  75. Cadillac
  76. candyissweet
  77. Capita
  78. Cap'nChreest
  79. Captain Toad
  80. CardStealer1
  81. Cazzone,
  82. Chapter Serf
  83. CheckmateChuck
  84. CheeseBroJoe
  85. Cheezey Bites
  86. ChirimoyaX
  87. Chromfirmed
  88. Chrono.
  89. ChronoPenguin
  90. clearandsweet
  91. ClinkStryphart
  92. CliffJumper
  93. Clumsyzephyr
  94. Coaltergeist
  95. cocy965
  96. Cos.
  97. Confirmation
  98. Connorb0t2
  99. Crap-Zapper
  100. CrocoLoco
  101. CrossDispatcher
  102. cybersai
  103. Dalek_Kolt
  104. Darkdarkness
  105. Darkfur
  106. DatoSm
  107. DCavalier
  108. Dee Dude
  109. Delta64
  110. Demonfunds
  111. Dendros
  112. Desert Croc
  113. Destroyer713
  114. Dezeray112
  115. Dhragen
  116. Dib The Crazy Kid
  117. Diddy Kong
  118. Dihan
  119. Dimensionsword64
  120. Dionaea_floridensis
  121. direktor
  122. Disturbedfan199220
  123. DivinexRose
  124. DJ3DS
  125. DJBor
  126. D-Man9293
  127. DMurr
  128. DogManStar
  129. DoodleDuck97
  130. Doncalot
  131. DraginHikari
  132. DrakeHavoc
  133. Drakonis
  134. DrJayfox
  135. Dromader
  136. DukeNapoleon
  137. DustyPumpkin
  138. Dyllybirdy
  139. e105beta
  140. Eagle
  141. EclairSpark
  142. EclipseSmash
  143. EddyBearr
  144. ED Cantu
  145. Edlocke
  146. egaddmario
  147. ElPanandero
  148. El Syd
  149. EndlessChrom
  150. EndlessRain
  151. EnhaloTricks
  152. EricTheGamerman
  153. Essora
  154. ETFruitNinja
  155. ethanrodgers223
  156. Ezequileste
  157. Falgor
  158. Falkoopa
  159. False Sense
  160. FamiconDisk
  161. Famikom
  162. FantastiqueFran
  163. Felix_the_Slayer
  164. fenyx4
  165. ferioku
  166. Fire Rider
  167. Fire Tactician
  168. Fire_Voyager
  169. FirstBlade
  170. Flamel
  171. Flamingbird
  172. Flareon
  173. Flarzo
  174. FlawedAI
  175. Flik
  176. FlintIke
  177. Flynn.Scifo
  178. fogbadge.
  179. foolssigma
  180. FooltheFlames
  181. FrankAL
  182. FreddyOnDrugs
  183. Friesnchip
  184. Frosty Pops
  185. GalacticPetey
  186. Gameguy1996
  187. Gazorpazorpfield
  188. Geassguy
  189. gebi
  190. Geildus
  191. Geno Boost
  192. Germaniac
  193. ghastmine
  194. Ghirahilda
  195. GhostStorm
  196. Gioka
  197. GladiusVortex
  198. GM_3826
  199. GoldenBoy01
  200. Golden Icarus
  201. GoldenSunIsAlive
  202. GoodGrief741
  203. Gotann
  204. GraveEclipse567
  205. GreekGamer
  206. gspindles
  207. Gurein
  208. Guynamednelson
  209. Hakerson
  210. heylodom
  211. Highway20
  212. Holdenon
  213. hustler713
  214. Huanchi
  215. hwrdjacob
  216. iam8bit
  217. Icana
  218. iDazedX_x
  219. Inawordyes
  220. IntelliHeath1
  221. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  222. isaac3000
  223. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  224. Isaac for Smash Pls
  225. IsaacOrRiot
  226. Isaac: Venus Adept
  227. Istry555
  228. ItsRainingGravy
  229. ItsYio
  230. IvanQuote
  231. JaidynReiman
  232. Jak_spoon
  233. JamesDNaux
  234. James Tutumbero
  235. Jamurai
  236. Jandlebars
  237. JarBear
  238. Javifa
  239. Jclubsandwich
  240. JDogindy
  241. JesseMcCloud
  242. Jibunzo
  243. Johnknight1
  244. JohnnySparkxs
  245. JoyStar
  246. Jupiter Ivan
  247. Jurae818
  248. Just a random scrub
  249. jweb22
  250. Kalaam
  251. Kalomaze
  252. KCCHIEFS27
  253. KeniththeGatherer
  254. KeybladeSmasher
  255. KHJason95
  256. Kikaru
  257. Kind Dedede
  258. KingCloud
  259. KingShadow
  260. KingTorra
  261. KingZing
  262. KiraYoshikage
  263. KirbyDragon
  264. Kirbyfan391
  265. Kisae
  266. Klimax
  267. KMDP
  268. Knight-Adept
  269. KoalaNut
  270. Kokirikory
  271. KoopaSaki
  272. Koori
  273. Krosshair
  274. Kremling Man
  275. Kumatora
  276. KurouKamen
  277. Kycse
  278. Lady Palutena
  279. Lampy
  280. LaniusShrike
  281. lanky_gunner
  282. LasermasterA
  283. Leafeon523
  284. Ledfarmer
  285. LeeYawshee
  286. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  287. LegendOfDragoon
  288. legendofrob1
  289. LemmyKoopa
  290. Lenidem
  291. lexpic17
  292. lightdasher
  293. LightheartedBum
  294. Lightosia
  295. LinkStrife
  296. Linq
  297. Lisbon Mapping
  298. littl-myth
  299. Liverpool19
  300. LoboRundas
  301. Loliko YnT
  302. Lone (Thirteenth)
  303. Lonodel
  304. Lord-Zero
  305. Lucanic
  306. Lucimar
  307. Ludjinnado
  308. Luigifan18
  309. lunarum
  310. Lukingordex
  311. Lurxy
  312. Lynn Eslie
  313. M23-X0
  314. Machete
  315. MacSmitty
  316. MagiusNecros
  317. MAGMIS
  318. MainJPW
  319. Malcolm Belmont
  320. MaskO'Gears
  321. Master Rapier
  322. MasterMushroom
  323. MatthewVenusAdept
  324. Mav485
  325. McLapras
  326. MeatOfJustice
  327. Mega Bidoof
  328. Mehdow
  329. Mendelsin
  330. MetalMario128
  331. Metocles
  332. Midnight Torch
  333. Miifighters4Smash5
  334. Minato Arisato
  335. Mike Cometa
  336. Mikegamer0608
  337. millsfans
  338. Mishudo
  339. Mizuiro24
  340. Monkokaio
  341. MonopolyRubix
  342. Monue
  343. MorbidAltruism
  344. Moydow
  345. MrGame&Rock
  346. MrMacBeth
  347. MrToxicVoltage
  348. Muirkat
  349. Mythzotick
  350. mynameisv
  351. MysticKnives
  352. N1N
  353. N3ON
  354. Nauzgo
  355. Nawgust
  356. Nazyrus
  357. Necro Toad
  358. Neo Zero
  359. NessAtc.
  360. Niala
  361. Nimbostratus
  362. NineS
  363. Ninjakid41592
  364. Ninjaed
  365. Nintandy
  366. Nintendokusou
  367. NitrusVirus
  368. NNN
  369. NonSpecificGuy
  370. NoOtherPersona
  371. NoR4U
  372. Nossnitro102
  373. Octillus
  374. Oddyesy
  375. oh.glory
  376. OhMyBanana54
  377. Olo
  378. Onassi2
  379. Oniric Spriter
  380. Ookami Ryo
  381. OpticalBlast
  382. OptimisticStrifer
  383. Oracle_Summon
  384. Organization XIII
  385. osby
  386. otarolgam
  387. Oz37
  388. Pacack
  389. Pakky
  390. Papagenos
  391. ParanoidDrone
  392. Pcubed007
  393. Pennate
  394. Phaazoid
  395. PhilosophicAnimal
  396. pholtos
  397. Pinguino21v
  398. Pizza Robo
  399. P.Kat
  400. Plain Yogurt
  401. Plank08
  402. Plato Xaiver
  403. Playcube
  404. PlayfulMushroom
  405. POKEMANSPIKA
  406. PokiehlthePoet
  407. Powerman293
  408. praline
  409. ProperlyBasic
  410. proxian
  411. psb123
  412. PSIguy89
  413. PSYNergy
  414. PrinceGal3n
  415. PurpleStuff5
  416. PWN3
  417. Pwnapplez
  418. Pyzlnar
  419. QcSlayer
  420. Q-Long
  421. Quetzal77
  422. R.O.B.
  423. Radical Beam
  424. Radori
  425. Raetah
  426. Rafuki21
  427. RandomAce
  428. Raykz
  429. Raziek
  430. Red Dasher
  431. Red Ryu
  432. ReeseBalaski
  433. RegiGygas117
  434. RenH
  435. Replica
  436. Rethuic
  437. Retroen
  438. RetrogamerMax
  439. RetroMetalSonic
  440. RhymeswithEmpty
  441. RobinotX
  442. Roger Smith
  443. RosaPeach
  444. Royaru
  445. roydgriffin
  446. Royvolution Ream
  447. RumpletrellskiN
  448. Ryan
  449. Ryuji
  450. Ryuutakeshi
  451. Sabrewulf238
  452. Saer2k
  453. Sagittarius
  454. Salocin
  455. sandfall
  456. SanicJan
  457. Sari
  458. Scatmansworld25
  459. Scoliosis Jones
  460. scoobymcsnack
  461. Seb9k+
  462. SebasSancy
  463. Secret Sexytime
  464. Seleir
  465. Seoxys
  466. Sephazon
  467. ShadowGuy1
  468. Sharklord
  469. Shawnullah
  470. sheik93
  471. shellshocker18
  472. Shin F.
  473. Shinhed-echi
  474. Shiny Porygon
  475. shocktarts17
  476. Shog
  477. Sidboylol
  478. Silo777
  479. SirBillyBob
  480. SirCamp
  481. Skeleton o' Fun
  482. SkullKidKing
  483. Skyblade12
  484. Skyfox2000
  485. sman3975
  486. Smash_Handle69
  487. SmashBro99
  488. smashingDoug
  489. smashkirby
  490. Smashmar2
  491. smash puffle
  492. SmashShadow
  493. smashtriforce77
  494. smileMasky
  495. SmilingMad
  496. SMX
  497. SNEKeater
  498. Solbliminal
  499. Solfiner
  500. someonetookjacob
  501. SonicLink125
  502. SonicSmasher
  503. SoraSaturn
  504. Sordim522
  505. SorMago
  506. SorrowOfAcheron
  507. SoulofKhaos
  508. Soulsaint
  509. SoupCanMafia
  510. Sparkus
  511. Spatman
  512. Spazzy_D
  513. Speedwagon
  514. Speed Weed
  515. SPEN18
  516. spoilerowl
  517. Spootondorf
  518. Sqid
  519. Squirtle/Mario guy
  520. SSBFan
  521. Staarih
  522. StaffofSmashing
  523. Strider_Bond00J
  524. StrikeBlade
  525. SundaeS
  526. SuperBrawler
  527. Superfiremario
  528. SuperNintendoKid
  529. Supersmash77
  530. Superyoshiom
  531. Swampasaur
  532. Sykin
  533. Takasmash
  534. tamagone
  535. TappyBat
  536. TBone06
  537. tbuster766
  538. TCT~Phantom
  539. TeamFlareZakk
  540. Techno1000
  541. Tecnoid
  542. Teeb147
  543. TeenGirlSquad
  544. TehEpicRyuga
  545. TempestSurge
  546. Tetiro
  547. Tetrin
  548. ThatShadowLink
  549. THE 6r
  550. The Curious Volnutt
  551. The One Who Wrote This
  552. Thekewlusername
  553. T-Hell
  554. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  555. TheRockingGoomba
  556. TheSeanMan
  557. TheSpaceKing
  558. The Stoopid Unikorn
  559. TheTactician
  560. THE TemporaryFool
  561. thethirdkoopa
  562. TheZoologist
  563. ThirdDay
  564. ThoughtfulWanderer
  565. ThunderOverload
  566. TiaSilvia
  567. TimeSmash
  568. Tinfoil
  569. Tiymako
  570. ToothiestAura
  571. topspin1617
  572. Tornado_Man
  573. Travix Man
  574. TreeBranch
  575. True Blue Warrior
  576. Turmalinium
  577. tveye
  578. tyrus+
  579. UltimateWario
  580. Ultinarok
  581. Undella2
  582. User Name String
  583. UtopianPoyzin
  584. valkiriforce
  585. Vann Accessible
  586. Vegito2727
  587. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  588. Vintage Creep
  589. Violenceman
  590. WaddleMatt
  591. walph
  592. warelander
  593. Warheart_666
  594. Wigglytuff ★
  595. winterofsilver
  596. Wintropy
  597. WhiteEaglePL
  598. Xelion
  599. Xenigma
  600. XenoWarriorX
  601. XeVioN
  602. Xiivi
  603. Xithyl_kykorl
  604. xLemmy_KoopaX
  605. xNaz
  606. xpnc
  607. XTremeGamer1234
  608. XxLtxX
  609. Yangfly Leone
  610. YellowLord
  611. Yggdra
  612. Yoh
  613. Yoshi444
  614. YoshiandToad
  615. Young Horsetail
  616. Your Hero
  617. Ypsen
  618. Yuki Setsuna
  619. Yusa
  620. YwhaletailY
  621. Zabadoo
  622. Zack 2
  623. zabimaru1000
  624. zagman505
  625. zaiman12345
  626. Zalaresh
  627. Zandro
  628. ZanZero
  629. ZarroTsu
  630. ZeldaMaster
  631. ZelDan
  632. ZestyÑ
  633. zferolie
  634. zmero_
  635. Zulyar
  636. Zuppo

If E3 was meant to have two reveals, then that other character who was going to be revealed there will be revealed now. E3 2019 had two character reveals, so this theory isn’t that much of a stretch.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

I know Persona is a really popular franchise, but it's always seemed like a "mainstream niche" kind of franchise to me. Sort of like Ace Attorney.
I mean, yes? Not only is Persona (particularly P5) popular, but it's a fanbase that may not already be buying Nintendo consoles given the main Persona games were all on Playstation, so from a marketing perspective Joker was a good choice for that particular venue. Does that mean tonight's character has to be third party? Of course not. I'm just going by what little precedent we have, so I'm guessing we'll get something third party, and ideally a character popular enough to cut through the other news that will come from the show.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

Not saying Isaac/Golden Sun is comparable to Joker/Persona in terms of popularity or "notoriety" but the idea that it absolutely has to be a character with massive mainstream appeal like Crash seems kinda weak to me.
Joker's game was a GOTY candidate the year before he got in, so he already was on the audience's mind.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Given that Doom Eternal was announced fairly recently, I could see the Doom Slayer being announced tonight.
Of course I hope for Isaac, and I think he'd have a shot with an announcement coming with GS 4/GS Remake

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman

I'm kinda feeling this too. Wasn't this the show that Nintendo came with trailers for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Bravely Default 2 in years past?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If last year could end with a Fast & Furious game that looked like it was from the 360, and Nintendo once thought Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze was TGA-worthy, is being "hype" absolutely necessary?

Top Bottom