• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
If the merits of a third-party character is so low that an “irrelevant character” like Isaac could make them less likely, then maybe they’re not as great a character inclusion. :p

Even then the biggest point that Isaac has going for him at this point is the significant disappointment people had when he was confirmed as an AT back in November 2018. That obviously was never going to affect FP1 roster, but maybe that could affect FP2 roster?
Conceptually there's still the fact regardless that he's a ballot requested character that reps a new Nintendo franchise, that also happens to be receiving a new game, which was known internally since 2018.

And he has a pretty expansive move pool to draw from that Sakurai would get a kick out of making

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If the merits of a third-party character is so low that an “irrelevant character” like Isaac could make them less likely, then maybe they’re not as great a character inclusion. :p

Even then the biggest point that Isaac has going for him at this point is the significant disappointment people had when he was confirmed as an AT back in November 2018. That obviously was never going to affect FP1 roster, but maybe that could affect FP2 roster?
We know Bomberman is already a sign of them listening to one of the backlashes from base roster. And we had sakurai in the banjo presentation say that pass 2 would be about more opportunities to satisfy fans… I say that makes him highly likely considering he is one of the very few characters out there with consistent support and demand for many years now and even at the moment + there are even compilation videos on the sad reactions on isaac, which i haven't really seen for other characters. Plus my NoA source confirmed to me way back then that Nintendo was super aware of the backlash. If Isaac doesn't happen, honestly that's Nintendo being tone deaf at this point.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
You say "even with Covid" but you don't seem to grasp how detrimental it was to their plans for this year, seeing that Nintendo likely had a whole Mario lineup planned for this year, especially in conjunction with the 2020 Olympics. For all we know, Mario Golf is ready to go as well, and they were simply planning to release it this year for their celebration before changing plans. Also, seeing that a Mario Golf was delayed once, Nintendo probably wants to guarantee a release before announcing it. If a Golden Sun game gets announced, great! Would hope that means Mario Golf arrives shortly after.
I have to raise an eyebrow on this because of one major thing that occurred. The Mario 35th Anniversary Direct!

Your line of thinking suggests a Mario Golf was gonna be ready for the anniversary celebration, but due to current circumstances Nintendo hasn’t decided a release date but moved it to early 2021. To me, that makes no sense. If Golf is ready for early 2021 then why not show it during that direct? Nintendo announced things into March of next year, but are just sitting on Mario Golf for some reason??? That’s what kills this rumor for me. There’s no reason to not at least mention Golf.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We know Bomberman is already a sign of them listening to one of the backlashes from base roster. And we had sakurai in the banjo presentation say that pass 2 would be about more opportunities to satisfy fans… I say that makes him highly likely considering he is one of the very few characters out there with consistent support and demand for many years now and even at the moment + there are even compilation videos on the sad reactions on isaac, which i haven't really seen for other characters. Plus my NoA source confirmed to me way back then that Nintendo was super aware of the backlash. If Isaac doesn't happen, honestly that's Nintendo being tone deaf at this point.
All we can do now is wait and hope. The ball is in Nintendo’s court.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that we know they are tone deaf after recent events.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo's tone deafness is like the bottle game, you just gotta pray it points at you (they listen to you) each time they spin it again, lol.
I can't imagine them looking at the reaction to Isaac's AT and thinking "You didn't want to see Isaac at all?". Remember, this was immediately following the Grinch Leak, which implied he'd be playable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All of this talk about Mario Golf... but I'd still be pretty happy with Mario Strikers.
Not as much as Golden Sun- but it would be pretty close.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
All of this talk about Mario Golf... but I'd still be pretty happy with Mario Strikers.
Not as much as Golden Sun- but it would be pretty close.
Well, good news, because you're probably going to get either it or Punch-Out come 2021/2022

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it's a bit tone deaf to actually make this claim. I really understand wanting Isaac- but saying Nintendo has an ultimatum to add him or they are incapable of listening to the fans... defies the 100+ years Nintendo has been in business. They may not always give fans exactly what they are asking for, but they generally do move not just gaming as a for of entertainment (far beyond just video games, as well), but they have a staying power no other current game company has been able to rival. I truly hope Isaac makes it into this game- this pass, or a future pass (not a future game, but a future pass). I just think it's a bit absurd to say they cannot listen if this character gets in.

I also don't see what backlash they would have had to the base roster, as I certainly don't remember backlash (just disappointment from fake leaks). Nor do I recall Sakurai saying pass 2 would cater to fans, seeing as we didn't even know about a second pass until Terry.

Not to pile on, but... I also don't see how Bomberman is something we know is a response to fan demand. Bomberman is a bit of an odd choice for a preMiium to me- since, he cannot.. use a single Bomb. But this one is a bit more subjective.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think it's a bit tone deaf to actually make this claim. I really understand wanting Isaac- but saying Nintendo has an ultimatum to add him or they are incapable of listening to the fans... defies the 100+ years Nintendo has been in business. They may not always give fans exactly what they are asking for, but they generally do move not just gaming as a for of entertainment (far beyond just video games, as well), but they have a staying power no other current game company has been able to rival. I truly hope Isaac makes it into this game- this pass, or a future pass (not a future game, but a future pass). I just think it's a bit absurd to say they cannot listen if this character gets in.

I also don't see what backlash they would have had to the base roster, as I certainly don't remember backlash (just disappointment from fake leaks). Nor do I recall Sakurai saying pass 2 would cater to fans, seeing as we didn't even know about a second pass until Terry.

Not to pile on, but... I also don't see how Bomberman is something we know is a response to fan demand. Bomberman is a bit of an odd choice for a preMiium to me- since, he cannot.. use a single Bomb. But this one is a bit more subjective.
Bomberman specifically was a character that people were EXTREMELY disappointed about from E3 2018. Like, he was extremely expected, and then he's just trophied. With that in mind, the costume is absolutely a compromise; he's not going to become playable, so they gave us this instead.

Also, they have been made very well aware of how demanded Isaac was, and they were already very aware of it just from the ballot. With a Golden Sun game very likely on the way as well, it doesn't really make sense to not go for Isaac at that point. You're giving a fan demanded character, who is actually easier to develop than most by virtue of already having a model and a skeleton, and is also newly relevant. Not doing it with all that in mind is just extremely confounding.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bomberman specifically was a character that people were EXTREMELY disappointed about from E3 2018. Like, he was extremely expected, and then he's just trophied. With that in mind, the costume is absolutely a compromise; he's not going to become playable, so they gave us this instead.

Also, they have been made very well aware of how demanded Isaac was, and they were already very aware of it just from the ballot. With a Golden Sun game very likely on the way as well, it doesn't really make sense to not go for Isaac at that point. You're giving a fan demanded character, who is actually easier to develop than most by virtue of already having a model and a skeleton, and is also newly relevant. Not doing it with all that in mind is just extremely confounding.
Isaac could be outprioritized. Simple as that.

I'm still not sure why hearing a character is wanted is reason for Nintendo is being tone deaf. Even if getting into Smash were a democracy- which it is not- it wouldn't guarantee Isaac.

I still don't understand your point about Bomberman. I was certainly disappointed, but why is he simply dismissed as 'he is not going to be playable?' I dont see the logic.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Isaac could be outprioritized. Simple as that.

I'm still not sure why hearing a character is wanted is reason for Nintendo is being tone deaf. Even if getting into Smash were a democracy- which it is not- it wouldn't guarantee Isaac.

I still don't understand your point about Bomberman. I was certainly disappointed, but why is he simply dismissed as 'he is not going to be playable?' I dont see the logic.
The idea is moreso that they can't not be at least thinking about it. And he's far from not being feasible. Sure, he can just be outprioritized, but if he's not even considered, that's confounding

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, I don't agree with the whole "not adding Isaac = tonedeaf" stuff going on in here.

At the end of the day, even after having 80 or so characters added in Smash, there are still numerous video game characters of value that could be added to Smash who all have their merits or appeal; atleast there is definitely way more than 4 characters who would be sensible, understandable inclusions to Smash. Ultimately we aren't owed anything and Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to give in to all demands either, nor can they feasibly or realistically do so, especially when it comes to something massive like Smash.

I mean, I want Isaac in as much as the next guy, but still...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The idea is moreso that they can't not be at least thinking about it. And he's far from not being feasible. Sure, he can just be outprioritized, but if he's not even considered, that's confounding
To that, I'll fully agree. I just don't think we would ever find out.

Eh, I don't agree with the whole "not adding Isaac = tonedeaf" stuff going on in here.

At the end of the day, even after having 80 or so characters added in Smash, there are still numerous video game characters of value that could be added to Smash who all have their merits or appeal; atleast there is definitely way more than 4 characters who would be sensible, understandable inclusions to Smash. Ultimately we aren't owed anything and Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to give in to all demands either, nor can they feasibly or realistically do so, especially when it comes to something massive like Smash.

I mean, I want Isaac in as much as the next guy, but still...
I have a spreadsheet. Right now the character list is at 120 (and they are all new- though there are some preMiium's and echoes, and a lot of characters that others want wherein I see merit).

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I have a spreadsheet. Right now the character list is at 120 (and they are all new- though there are some preMiium's and echoes, and a lot of characters that others want wherein I see merit).
I certainly sympathize with Nintendo/Sakurai/etc for trying to figure out what the best character inclusions are. Just look at the fan site Global Smash Roster. As of right now, there are three Team Fortress 2 characters in the top 11. Does that mean there should actually be a TF2 character in Smash, or is this just an anomaly thanks to a specific community spamming a fan vote? On the other hand, Isaac is way down at #37, behind another two TF2 characters, an Imposter from Among Us, Hat Kid, Freddy Fazbear, and four first-party Nintendo characters (not counting Geno). Is this a biased sample, or is Isaac just not popular enough to warrant inclusion? Even if you chopped off three quarters of those 36 characters for whatever arbitrary reasons, why should Isaac get in as the 10th most popular choice?

I may very strongly believe Isaac should be included, but I also can't pretend I'm not biased. The evidence for a new Golden Sun release certainly has me hopeful for a bright future for him in the relatively near future, but Smash-wise? Well, I've just got to keep my fingers crossed that we've done enough.

MrPerson0

Smash Rookie
To me, that makes no sense. If Golf is ready for early 2021 then why not show it during that direct? Nintendo announced things into March of next year, but are just sitting on Mario Golf for some reason??? That’s what kills this rumor for me. There’s no reason to not at least mention Golf.
It's simply due to Mario Golf (main series ones) historically coming out in the summer/spring time (even before World Tour's delay, it was planned to release in Summer 2013). If they do end up announcing it in January, it'll probably have a May or June release if Aces is anything to go by. Also, the rumor spread by that guy mentioned first half of 2021, not early 2021.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I'd use the word baffled and I'd be scratching my head. As I wouldn't get why Nintendo wouldn't do free advertising for the upcoming Golden Sun game and replicate what they did for Shulk and the Xenoblade brand and garnered even more of an audience and more sales. Especially since learning of Dark Dawn's trademark, meaning possibly more future Golden Sun games, which they'd have that new audience from Smash to be hype and excited over a new entry, unless they're just banking on nostalgia.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'd use the word baffled and I'd be scratching my head. As I wouldn't get why Nintendo wouldn't do free advertising for the upcoming Golden Sun game and replicate what they did for Shulk and the Xenoblade brand and garnered even more of an audience and more sales. Especially since learning of Dark Dawn's trademark, meaning possibly more future Golden Sun games, which they'd have that new audience from Smash to be hype and excited over a new entry, unless they're just banking on nostalgia.
Yeah pretty much. I would be baffled by the simple fact that Isaac was as high as Krool in terms of demand as we know, and this second pass being aimed as opportunities to satisfy fans. Isaac is that high up there, and with GS returning? it would be honestly silly to not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Not that game or isaac in smash have to happen together, but it's obvious how well it would benefit each other in terms of marketing and promoting for new audiences, as well as returning ones. Arms was considered to be in Ultimate already by base roster but didn't make it due to complexity and time limitations, and obviously pass 1 was already decided by then too. So finally by pass 2, we got Arms as a fighter, despite the characters / series having been compensated already back in base game content. Same thing can happen to GS, specially with its overwhelming and consistent support for both series and character through the past years.

It's simply due to Mario Golf (main series ones) historically coming out in the summer/spring time (even before World Tour's delay, it was planned to release in Summer 2013). If they do end up announcing it in January, it'll probably have a May or June release if Aces is anything to go by. Also, the rumor spread by that guy mentioned first half of 2021, not early 2021.
Early… first half… doesn't matter, he is wrong either way because Mario Golf is not happening next anyway, lol. And it would have been announced already.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I certainly sympathize with Nintendo/Sakurai/etc for trying to figure out what the best character inclusions are. Just look at the fan site Global Smash Roster. As of right now, there are three Team Fortress 2 characters in the top 11. Does that mean there should actually be a TF2 character in Smash, or is this just an anomaly thanks to a specific community spamming a fan vote? On the other hand, Isaac is way down at #37, behind another two TF2 characters, an Imposter from Among Us, Hat Kid, Freddy Fazbear, and four first-party Nintendo characters (not counting Geno). Is this a biased sample, or is Isaac just not popular enough to warrant inclusion? Even if you chopped off three quarters of those 36 characters for whatever arbitrary reasons, why should Isaac get in as the 10th most popular choice?

I may very strongly believe Isaac should be included, but I also can't pretend I'm not biased. The evidence for a new Golden Sun release certainly has me hopeful for a bright future for him in the relatively near future, but Smash-wise? Well, I've just got to keep my fingers crossed that we've done enough.
this is why you only look at the sample that Nintendo themselves took, rather than wading through the massive ****fests of fan polls

Nawgust

Smash Rookie
I would love to see this spreadsheet if you're willing to share. I'm always curious to hear what characters others consider viable or likely.

I certainly sympathize with Nintendo/Sakurai/etc for trying to figure out what the best character inclusions are. Just look at the fan site Global Smash Roster. As of right now, there are three Team Fortress 2 characters in the top 11. Does that mean there should actually be a TF2 character in Smash, or is this just an anomaly thanks to a specific community spamming a fan vote?
Google Chrome T-Rex is on the front page and Big the Cat is nowhere to be seen. Disregard.

Regarding the tone deaf argument, I think Nintendo would have been tone deaf to not include K. Rool after he dominated around the globe. I think this was one of the main reasons Bayonetta's inclusion in SM4SH was so jarring to many.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
this is why you only look at the sample that Nintendo themselves took, rather than wading through the massive ****fests of fan polls
I would love to see this spreadsheet if you're willing to share. I'm always curious to hear what characters others consider viable or likely.

Google Chrome T-Rex is on the front page and Big the Cat is nowhere to be seen. Disregard.

Regarding the tone deaf argument, I think Nintendo would have been tone deaf to not include K. Rool after he dominated around the globe. I think this was one of the main reasons Bayonetta's inclusion in SM4SH was so jarring to many.
The only poll that has been the most accurate just by looking at what we have been getting, is the smash dojo one. We literally have been getting like 98% of the top 10 to 15 names there. Isaac was literally one place behind Krool. There were the veterans, krool, banjo kazooie, etc. Of all polls, that one was made around the ballot happening, and it has been pretty accurate indeed. Every other poll wasn't done with enough amount of people, nor around the time where the voting was relevant to Nintendo.

MrPerson0

Smash Rookie
And it would have been announced already.
You seem to keep on ignoring the fact that Mario Tennis Aces was announced in January 2018 and released in June 2018. Not saying that Mario Golf is guaranteed, but saying that this could happen as well.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
You seem to keep on ignoring the fact that Mario Tennis Aces was announced in January 2018 and released in June 2018. Not saying that Mario Golf is guaranteed, but saying that this could happen as well.
Look how long it had been between Aces announcement and the game prior to it. March 17 for the Sports Superstar. Less than a year.
We are way past that. Unless they took a 1.5 year break.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Golf is not in development back in December 2019, there is no way that game is done by next year if it has been starting development at all in 2020. I have explained this for multiple pages already, so I'm not gonna repeat myself for the 100th time honestly…

Last edited:

Nawgust

Smash Rookie
The only poll that has been the most accurate just by looking at what we have been getting, is the smash dojo one. We literally have been getting like 98% of the top 10 to 15 names there. Isaac was literally one place behind Krool. There were the veterans, krool, banjo kazooie, etc. Of all polls, that one was made around the ballot happening, and it has been pretty accurate indeed. Every other poll wasn't done with enough amount of people, nor around the time where the voting was relevant to Nintendo.
Oh I'm 100% with you, Isaac's popularity is nothing to scoff at. Just saying, K. Rool was the dominating force in the ballot. It would have been tone deaf to include #2 over #1. We will reach a certain point where characters stop being chosen based on their popularity in a 2015 poll as other merits have come into play. We can just hope that a new game is the catalyst we're waiting for. And hey, if not, we still get a new Golden Sun game, which is pretty nifty.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Nothing in your reply addresses the elephant in the room!

If Mario Golf is supposedly less than a year away from release...why was it not mentioned in the Mario 35th Anniversary direct??? That’s the massive glaring issue here! And Zippo’s track record with “leaks” is not good enough to blindly believe.

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope one day we can have Geno and Isaac; probably even more like Sora and Lloyd, joining the battle! Let’s hope for the best for our guys!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
They don't have specific timings for really any of the Mario sports games. Even Mario Tennis in recent years has come out in both winter and in summer. And even then, if Mario Golf was scheduled for Summer 2021, there's still really no reason to leave it out of the mario direct; they were starved for content to put in there as it was.

There's three major timeframes where Nintendo puts releases; spring, summer, and fall/winter (november). With such a small selection, of course golf games will just happen to be around the same time.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac in Fortnite AND Smash?! Yeah!!! Also like the shading here in this pic too.

There is a reason why Golden Sun got the most content (next to ARMS base game) out of any non-playable Rep series. Isaac was extremely high in that official ballot. Though I feel like the big reason why he barely missed the cut in base game was a few reasons (personal opinion mind you):
•There was no news of a new GS game on the way during Smash development and roster finalizing at the time.
•Sakurai probably thought the fan base was small
•There were other characters that were more prioritized for good reasons
•GS being dormant for years...

There’s probably more, but we’ll never know the true reasons until maybe after Isaac joins. Right now, this is the best chance Isaac has had than ever before. With a new GS game on the way, Nintendo would be smart to help promote it with Isaac as a fighter, business wise. Plus, I feel like Camelot deserves more recognition after being with Nintendo for so long. But that’s just me.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing you have to remember about perceived chances of characters is that we suck at predictions. Out of the top 10 highest ranking characters on Rate Their Chance pre-E3 2018 in terms of chances for the base roster, only K. Rool and Isabelle got in as playable characters. Concerning the current chance ranking for Fighter Pass 2 on said thread.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Rex
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Steve (Minecraft)
7. Phoenix Wright
8. Geno
9. Dante
10. Sora
I wouldn’t be surprised if only two of these made it into FP2. This was clearly made pre-October as Steve is a character now and Travis is disconfirmed.

Last edited:

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't think any of the fan polls can be relied on. They can tell you what the forum nerds want, but they don't tell you what other crowds of people may have voted for in larger numbers.

It's like saying "we took a poll at the democratic/republican national convention, and this person got the most votes, that means they're probably most popular around the country"

Anyway I'd love Golden Sun to come back one day, I'd love an Isaac amiibo and a remaster of the first two games, but I don't count on it. THAT SAID it's absolutely fair to want/expect them to put the first two games on virtual console for Switch. So dumb that they haven't done that yet (and they don't even have a virtual console for switch)

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Yeah, I don't think any of the fan polls can be relied on. They can tell you what the forum nerds want, but they don't tell you what other crowds of people may have voted for in larger numbers.

It's like saying "we took a poll at the democratic/republican national convention, and this person got the most votes, that means they're probably most popular around the country"

Anyway I'd love Golden Sun to come back one day, I'd love an Isaac amiibo and a remaster of the first two games, but I don't count on it. THAT SAID it's absolutely fair to want/expect them to put the first two games on virtual console for Switch. So dumb that they haven't done that yet (and they don't even have a virtual console for switch)
it's not even so much that. It's because none of these sample spaces get regularly tested to where you can actually have a meaningful sample. Plus, the polls tend to be "who do you want for Smash". Back during the ballot, it was "who did you VOTE for", and that small difference did all the wonder in creating a meaningful sample space. It's why no other polls have come nearly as close to approximating the ballot as the SSB4dojo consolidation; because it was created at a time where polling was conducted the same was as Nintendo was collecting data.

It's not necessarily true that "oh it only takes into account people who really care" because the ACTUAL ballot data was also skewed like that. People within the core smash community were voting multiple times from different IPs, while casual fans would just one and done it. So that skew DOES exist in the actual ballot.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If you actually type Smash ballot 2015 or something similar in google just to pull up all the old threads that asked 'Who did you vote for?' (Obvs nothing will compare to the big exit polls of 40k results) but in these smaller thread samples you'll tend to see Isaac's name show up in those fan results in some fashion.

In fact, it's so weird seeing Nintendo characters actually dominating results like this, it's easy to forget there was a time like that lol. Imagine Nintendo putting out that ballot in this day and age. King K. Rool, vets like Snake/Roy, and then Isaac. They'd certainly be way further down on the totem poll, buried under third parties and characters from whatever popular game that streamers were currently obsessed with at the time.

I would like to think that Sakurai/Nintendo would still find the Smash ballot relevant in that it's a huge sample size of votes from the Smash community full of plenty of Nintendo owned wants (before 3rd parties took over majority wish lists) and Nintendo would have to think that people who voted Isaac back in 2015 will more than likely still want him now lol.

And I know what it sounds like saying this in this thread, but I know Isaac placed very high on the smash ballot lol. Sakurai acknowledged the smash ballot with King K. Rool (and he also talked about Chrom receiving tons of votes, also think he said this with Dark Samus as well but I forgot). Then other vets like Wolf/Snake having a good amount of votes for Sakurai to just decide to bring everyone back for Ultimate.

Anyways this shows how Nintendo focused the character results were, it of course being a bit more skewed to characters with dedicated fans who have been supporting their want for years campaigning for votes in the ballot, which is why Isaac would be able to showcase a high placing in the same vein as other dedicated supported characters like King K. Rool.

Even if one were still iffy on whether Isaac placed well on the ballot and think, man Isaac fans sure like to overestimate him! Why does Golden Sun have way more content in Ultimate then Smash 4? On top of being the only assist from Brawl (sans Snake assist) to return WITH an updated assist moveset? It has to be his placing in the ballot results or Isaac more than likely could have stayed cut like the rest of the Brawl assist who were also no shows in Smash 4.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
The important thing when gauging who to add is characters that will still be demanded even years ahead. If you're picking a fan demanded character, you don't want to pick one that's flavour of the month. Characters like Isaac that have had consistent demand since 2008 are solid groundings regardless, and the ballot served to reaffirm the demand there.

This is also another reason why I think Nintendo doesn't take Geno seriously. He had support around brawl, and then he fell off EXTREMELY HARD. Like, he was barely even a consideration until the ballot, because Square wasn't involved. It was only after Cloud got confirmed that people started being certain that he would eventually be in, and thus his demand went back up. If Square was NEVER involved, Geno would have likely petered off even further. Characters like K Rool, Ridley, and Isaac don't have that problem, since they're Nintendo characters. There is always solid ground for them to appear, since it's a Nintendo focused crossover, and so the ballot results reflected that to an extent.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
He's going to recreate the Dark Dawn announcement with the new game
//I wish//

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
He's going to recreate the Dark Dawn announcement with the new game
//I wish//
That would be amazing, but I highly doubt it. If Nintendo is going to announce anything at TGA (and that's a big "if"), it's likely going to be the next Smash DLC fighter, a new trailer for BotW2, or a new Bayonetta 3 trailer. Though I suppose if Isaac is the next fighter, the new game could be announced alongside him, but that's an even bigger "if".

crosses fingers anyways

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
That would be amazing, but I highly doubt it. If Nintendo is going to announce anything at TGA (and that's a big "if"), it's likely going to be the next Smash DLC fighter, a new trailer for BotW2, or a new Bayonetta 3 trailer. Though I suppose if Isaac is the next fighter, the new game could be announced alongside him, but that's an even bigger "if".

crosses fingers anyways
I'm strongly doubting Smash will be here. It wasn't here last year, even though they honestly could have had Byleth, but they chose not to. I'm thinking that it's only going to be direct/presentation reveals.

Monue

Smash Apprentice

This was posted today, happened across it on the Reddit. Hate seeing they have 1.3M subscribers but this video only has 14,000 views. : P

Also kind of a weird take, considering all the information we've been discussing here, about how Golden Sun is likely happening - a remaster, I mean. I don't follow the channel so I don't know anything about their reporting. Latching onto the Zippo comment seems odd. Just glad to see people talking about Golden Sun at all, I guess!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

crosses fingers anyways
To be fair, Golden Sun is mostly liked in the west and is slightly less liked in Japan comparatively. Going with an dual announcement in a western event could be the way to go.

Top Bottom