• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The bigger question I have is who's tweeting a petition of less than 800 signatures towards Sakurai? That's ****ing peanuts, that's nothing, and pestering him with minor blips like that is super counterproductive and will only further reinforce a habit of him ignoring that kind of menial fan stuff. When you guys ideally have something (much) more notable to present to him, having inundated him with paltry polls (which he's already sure to be getting from all ends) will be very detrimental. Don't do that, don't cry wolf unless it's worth it.

But as to the rest of that conversation... if you go around blocking people who are debating you, unless they're actually flaming or harassing you (which this guy is not), it will give the impression of a movement run by ideologues. He might not really grasp Isaac's potential, but the thrust of his argument is literally the most common talking points you will face in this endeavour (Isaac's nicheness, but more importantly, his predefined role as AT) so you better be ready to debate them without resorting to blocking others.

If you truly feel the conversation has run its course, just disengage (amicably, ideally) and direct your energy somewhere more worthwhile. Blocking is not a good look. That'd be my advice.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The bigger question I have is who's tweeting a petition of less than 800 signatures towards Sakurai? That's ****ing peanuts, that's nothing, and pestering him with minor blips like that is super counterproductive and will only further reinforce a habit of him ignoring that kind of menial fan stuff. When you guys ideally have something (much) more notable to present to him, having inundated him with paltry polls (which he's already sure to be getting from all ends) will be very detrimental. Don't do that, don't cry wolf unless it's worth it.

But as to the rest of that conversation... if you go around blocking people who are debating you, unless they're actually flaming or harassing you (which this guy is not), it will give the impression of a movement run by ideologues. He might not really grasp Isaac's potential, but the thrust of his argument is literally the most common talking points you will face in this endeavour (Isaac's nicheness, but more importantly, his predefined role as AT) so you better be ready to debate them without resorting to blocking others.

If you truly feel the conversation has run its course, just disengage (amicably, ideally) and direct your energy somewhere more worthwhile. That'd be my advice.
I feel bad for the guy who tweeted a twitter Sakurai, but I do think we should focus our efforts in establishing ourselves as a force in this community.

And yes. WE should be ready to debate. The best I can say is we should present ourselves as a civil fanbase only pushing for change in the community.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

If you truly feel the conversation has run its course, just disengage (amicably, ideally) and direct your energy somewhere more worthwhile. Blocking is not a good look. That'd be my advice.
I agree. I respect the person that made the petition and I am glad we have a place to reunite our voices but sending each update of it or even tagging Sakurai at this point seems like a bad move. Besides, the thing I am against the most is that this person keeps saying "I am almost at xx signatures" "my petition is going good" etc. Notice the trend? This person is not talking collectively which I think is a bad thing in the dawn of something we as fandom are trying to make big, because is not only about themselves, they aren't doing all the job, they aren't the only one promoting.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Can I hear why you think they don't have anyone decided? Not attacking; just generally curious.
I understand your curiosity and I'll do my best to clarify: again, as I said, the way Sakurai worded what he was saying with Rex's Mii Costume (as in he didn't make the cut for the roster) implies that he's referring to the base roster that was decided on by Sakurai back in 2015. This makes a whole lot of sense as I heavily doubt Rex or concept art of him existed yet at the time it was finalized (December 2015, XC2 was first revealed in January 2017). Another thing to factor in is that Elma was the more relevant character at the time since Xenoblade Chronicles X was released in Japan in April 2015, while the rest of the world got it in December 2015, close to the time of the final direct for Smash 4. While we know she doesn't appear in Ultimate as of right now, Sakurai would theoretically want to pick her before Rex just because of the timing, which I suppose might possibly confirm that Elma just didn't make the base roster and that she will be one of the 5 DLC characters.

Regardless of what I said above, this to me almost certainly confirms current DLC hasn't already been decided on as of right now because Sakurai will most likely want to wait to decide until after the game comes out. Although again, with the possibility Elma didn't make the base roster and is getting a DLC slot instead isn't entirely out of the question, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

i truly think we'll have the hang of this Isaacs on the line after all

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

In the orignal poster's defense. A petition with 800 sig's on it has a lot more taste than the disgusting and insulting posts i've seen in the past like members of the Waluigi and Ashley communities undertook. I have seen none of that garbage this time, and that makes me feel a lot better overall. It might be peanuts, but it's an order of magnitude better than posting a meme or piece of art and begging in all caps. This guy's actually attempting to do something, which I can commend. Though I agree he should have held off till at LEAST 1 thousand.

I didn't block the guy in the end. But only because he stopped replying. I'm however, very prepared to fight a lot of arguments over this. Though, i'm not prepared to fight with people who just ignore every tiny point that you present. I guess that's the fundamental flaw with arguments. The more you try to convince someone of something, the harder it is they'll believe the opposite.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I saw that I was tagged on here and received a PM so I'm ducking in quickly to respond.

First of all, it's awesome that we're keeping the torch burning and doing whatever we can for Isaac! Unfortunately I'm going to be pretty busy over the next month so I can't commit to anything specific but I'll do what I can to reach out to people.

It seems we've lost the battle and to be honest I'm not so optimistic about our DLC chances but the war is far from over. Ridley and K. Rool are in, so I think if we can manage to stay strong and keep supporting Isaac, our turn will be next :O

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I saw that I was tagged on here and received a PM so I'm ducking in quickly to respond.

First of all, it's awesome that we're keeping the torch burning and doing whatever we can for Isaac! Unfortunately I'm going to be pretty busy over the next month so I can't commit to anything specific but I'll do what I can to reach out to people.

It seems we've lost the battle and to be honest I'm not so optimistic about our DLC chances but the war is far from over. Ridley and K. Rool are in, so I think if we can manage to stay strong and keep supporting Isaac, our turn will be next :O
I tagged you earlier! I was asking if you could help us translate some messages so we can get the Golden Sunday message to the Japanese fandom as well. I didn't send the Pm tho.
It is understandable to not feel so hopeless with DLC as we know next to nothing about it or about AT promotions being a possibility as of now but fighting for it as we push the Golden Sun love seems like worth the shot <3

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I tagged you earlier! I was asking if you could help us translate some messages so we can get the Golden Sunday message to the Japanese fandom as well. I didn't send the Pm tho.
It is understandable to not feel so hopeless with DLC as we know next to nothing about it or about AT promotions being a possibility as of now but fighting for it as we push the Golden Sun love seems like worth the shot <3
If you guys can compile a few messages and send them to me I'll try and translate them as soon as I can but I'm afraid you guys will have to do the legwork as far as spreading the message. If that's all right then I'm happy to help!

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Like said before, we're going to encounter people who will try to bring us down. If they have clearly no intention of trying understand what we're doing then just ignore them.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I understand your curiosity and I'll do my best to clarify: again, as I said, the way Sakurai worded what he was saying with Rex's Mii Costume (as in he didn't make the cut for the roster) implies that he's referring to the base roster that was decided on by Sakurai back in 2015. This makes a whole lot of sense as I heavily doubt Rex or concept art of him existed yet at the time it was finalized (December 2015, XC2 was first revealed in January 2017). Another thing to factor in is that Elma was the more relevant character at the time since Xenoblade Chronicles X was released in Japan in April 2015, while the rest of the world got it in December 2015, close to the time of the final direct for Smash 4. While we know she doesn't appear in Ultimate as of right now, Sakurai would theoretically want to pick her before Rex just because of the timing, which I suppose might possibly confirm that Elma just didn't make the base roster and that she will be one of the 5 DLC characters.

Regardless of what I said above, this to me almost certainly confirms current DLC hasn't already been decided on as of right now because Sakurai will most likely want to wait to decide until after the game comes out. Although again, with the possibility Elma didn't make the base roster and is getting a DLC slot instead isn't entirely out of the question, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Considering they plan to release all 5 through 2019-Febuary 2020. I don't think that's the case, 2018 itself is almost over. It would be unprofessional for them to NOT know which DLC characters they're going on, especially if Piranha Plant is confirmed DLC, meaning he was planned. Granted, not as one of the 5 (meaning we're actually getting 6)

If they're working on Piranha Plant at the moment, then its very safe to assume that they've already planned the next 5 out so that they can begin development immediately. Also, the way they worded it, it definitely seems like they already have all the fighters planned if they don't want too tell us and leave it as a surprise. (and want us to be "confident" about purchasing it) Also the wording of "We'll star working on it as soon as we're done with the main game" helps my argument, meaning a DLC character will begin development as soon as the game releases. Since they're working on P.Plant now, and he's expected to be released shortly after the game releases...this again proves all DLC is already known by the team.

I wanna keep myself hopeful that Isaac will somehow find his way as DLC, but I don't want to be disappointed again so Im keeping my expectations low.
I don't want mean to be rude or anything, but assuming they haven't even decided on the DLC is insane, and unprofessional.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I would let it go guys. If you keep doing the petitions and stuff you’re going to end up like the dark side of the Mother 3 fandom. Sakurai knows perfectly well who Isaac is and what he can offer. He just doesn’t want him. Honestly they best thing to do is to give up on Nintendo continuing Golden Sun. I mean you don’t want to be the guy who waited 20, 30 years for nothing right? The best thing to do honestly is to take it into your own hands and make your own spiritual successor like Undertake did. Show the world what made Golden Sun Great.

Exirion

Smash Rookie
I would let it go guys. If you keep doing the petitions and stuff you’re going to end up like the dark side of the Mother 3 fandom. Sakurai knows perfectly well who Isaac is and what he can offer. He just doesn’t want him. Honestly they best thing to do is to give up on Nintendo continuing Golden Sun. I mean you don’t want to be the guy who waited 20, 30 years for nothing right? The best thing to do honestly is to take it into your own hands and make your own spiritual successor like Undertake did. Show the world what made Golden Sun Great.
Let them hope, it's not hurting anyone. Besides, this is the most active I've seen the GS fanbase. I hardly consider that a bad thing.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
The second we let go is the second Golden Sun dies. There is no harm in trying.

OPeke!

Smash Rookie
I don't really thing the change.org thing will make to anything, but at least it show our concern.

We shouldnt give up with another golden sun game, in the case of Mother Shigesato Itoi makes it very clear that mother 3 was the last one, and the western fans at least get the NES one on VC (maybe the Mother 3 localization have been considered if it sold well).

The Takahashi brothers said very clear that another sequel depends on fans demand. If we make enough noise on Golden Sunday maybe them and Nintendo will notice us, but we shouldn't tweet directly to sakurai, Ultimate is a great game and that can only help to make us seem ungrateful with him.

If Golden Sunday makes to something, i'm sure Sakurai will notice us and maybe consider a Golden Sun DLC (if the DLC weren't decided yet), but it isn't our priority. Only making the Golden Sun revival will give us the momentum to be promoted to playable character in a future game.

Many are sad with Isaacs AT, but at least is a window to show people the Golden Sun franchise. Hey, Isaac got his seconds of glory in the direct with some nice music in background (sad that it were ripped from brawl and isn't a new arrangement).

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
If only it were that easy. We can’t just snap our fingers and “voila” a spiritual successor.

The moment we give up is the moment Golden Sun truly dies. I refuse to let that happen. Not without trying first.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

I have been a lurker of this thread since Smash Ultimate were announced, but have not created an account until now.

I decided to change that, because, even if it's too late for us to get recognition in the base game, there is no way it should make lose hope. Seeing some of you abdicate hurts me. A game die when its fanbase let it die, and Golden Sun fanbase has never been more active than now. We must capitalize on this and push further.

I'm not going to dwell on my opinion about the last Direct we got, but more on the future. I see Isaac's chance in the first wave of DLC very slim, but I have good faith for a second wave if there's one.

However, Isaac in Smash is not the only thing we are looking for as a fanbase, the other one being a new game, most probably a reboot/remake of the initial duology. You may have lose hope for Isaac in Smash, but a new game still is perfectly possible: Camelot doesn't work on Aces anymore, JRPG did well on Switch recently, and Isaac gained recognition thanks to Smash speculation. Nintendo should strike the iron while it's hot, and we shall too.

I saw several people wanting to make an campaign soon. I agree with that and I'll participate. However, a Twitter campaign have the default only being a one-shot, and to not be a single-entry point of an operation like "Golden Sun Revival".

We need to organize a strong and long-term operation.

Several of you already said something I'm backing: we need to get behind a few faces and channels that will become more or less the "official" faces of the operation.

What we need is:
  • A common objective. It has not been stated yet if the goal is to bring Golden Sun back, or to bring Isaac in Smash.
  • An easy and clear name for that operation.
Last but not least, like I said previously, we need a single-entry point of the whole operation. We currently have two Twitter accounts, some Youtubers, some Discord, several artists, this board and more. That will not be easy to understand from an outside point of view, and even worse if you don't know who is Isaac and what is Golden Sun.

What I propose is to create a single website.

This website will be the face of the operation. It must be concise, explain what is Golden Sun, who we are, what we want, and reference a few of the actions we are trying to do. It must have a good search engine optimization to get visible in Google.

I want to be active in this operation, but I have no skills in arts, I'm not a Youtuber, nor I intend to participate in Smash competition. What I have, however, is web development skills (but no web design skills). I may try to work on that.

My thoughts on all of that.

On the subject of the objective of the operation. I think everyone here mostly want Golden Sun to not be forgotten. People here will be happy with either Isaac in Smash or a new Golden Sun game. The former is even an objective to get the later achieved.

What I think on that is, even if a new Golden Sun game is your final objective, we should try to focus on getting Isaac in Smash.

Why I say that? It's because Smash Bros Ultimate is hot topic. Setting the goal for "Isaac in Smash Bros" may bring people from outside the fandom to join us, like K Rool and Ridley fans. It also have the bonus to make us more visible on Google researches with some keywords like "potential DLC". Focusing on getting a new Golden Sun will not bring these two wonderful advantages.

On the subject of the website, what I currently see is a single page with 5 chapters:
  • Who's Isaac?
  • What could he bring to Smash?
  • Who we are?
  • Links to community contents (Twitter, Billy Youtube...)
  • "They are supporting us" (with some words coming from highly renowned people. I believe Zero is an Isaac fan for example, that would be nice to have him backing us)
There's only one last element on which I don't have a fixed position: if we need to try to get a single website merging all fanbase, or not.
On one hand, if we have a big website with a page for 6 or 7 characters in it, Isaac will get drowned within other contenders.
On the other hand, it will bring way more people to the site, more people will discover Isaac, and we will have more visibility overall.

I would like to get your input on all of that.

tl;dr: we have to stay positive, push further, organize and officialize a campaign. I believe we need a single-entry point like a website summarizing who we are and what we want.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I don't know how to create a website though, how would we do it ?
We also should use original art and stuff to avoid issues.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If you give up like that, Golden Sun will never get the support it so desperately needs.

And no, I'm not interested in a spiritual sucessor. I'm interested in bringing this franchise back.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
If you give up like that, Golden Sun will never get the support it so desperately needs.

And no, I'm not interested in a spiritual sucessor. I'm interested in bringing this franchise back.
I have never seen Golden Sun or Isaac get noticed as much until now, we need to use this moment. We can no longer be a “quiet majority our voices will be heard

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Yeah I wouldn’t know how to go about making a website. Any chance we can just hijack Golden Sun Realms or Adepts Refuge? lol.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
In the orignal poster's defense. A petition with 800 sig's on it has a lot more taste than the disgusting and insulting posts i've seen in the past like members of the Waluigi and Ashley communities undertook. I have seen none of that garbage this time, and that makes me feel a lot better overall. It might be peanuts, but it's an order of magnitude better than posting a meme or piece of art and begging in all caps. This guy's actually attempting to do something, which I can commend. Though I agree he should have held off till at LEAST 1 thousand.

I didn't block the guy in the end. But only because he stopped replying. I'm however, very prepared to fight a lot of arguments over this. Though, i'm not prepared to fight with people who just ignore every tiny point that you present. I guess that's the fundamental flaw with arguments. The more you try to convince someone of something, the harder it is they'll believe the opposite.
Debating time on Twitter? Sounds fun, I'm totally ready to jump in on any Isaac discourse after I get situated from work and all lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering they plan to release all 5 through 2019-Febuary 2020. I don't think that's the case, 2018 itself is almost over. It would be unprofessional for them to NOT know which DLC characters they're going on, especially if Piranha Plant is confirmed DLC, meaning he was planned. Granted, not as one of the 5 (meaning we're actually getting 6)

If they're working on Piranha Plant at the moment, then its very safe to assume that they've already planned the next 5 out so that they can begin development immediately. Also, the way they worded it, it definitely seems like they already have all the fighters planned if they don't want too tell us and leave it as a surprise. (and want us to be "confident" about purchasing it) Also the wording of "We'll star working on it as soon as we're done with the main game" helps my argument, meaning a DLC character will begin development as soon as the game releases. Since they're working on P.Plant now, and he's expected to be released shortly after the game releases...this again proves all DLC is already known by the team.

I wanna keep myself hopeful that Isaac will somehow find his way as DLC, but I don't want to be disappointed again so Im keeping my expectations low.
I don't want mean to be rude or anything, but assuming they haven't even decided on the DLC is insane, and unprofessional.
They definitely planned all five, but I don't think Isaac is out because of that. I understand not getting hopes up, no problems there. But there are simple explanations as to why Isaac would be an AT in based while being planned for DLC.

First off, I reasonably think that Rex probably means all the DLC characters are characters they wanted to do for the base roster but didn't have time to do so. This really paints a strong picture of it potentially being heavily ballot influenced. Including Isaac as an Assist Trophy could just be a stopgap so Isaac isn't missing from the game entirely like what happened last time. Especially considering how there are events heavily involving Assist Trophies, they could've wanted to have these events in the base game so Golden Sun didn't get left out of that.

There's also the timing of the trademark and Rathalos tweet about a month apart to consider. When Sakurai tweeted about the Monado, it came about a year before Shulk was revealed, and the new GS trademark included download on it when it never had it for Virtual Console. There's also other weird things I heard about the trademark, such as the Japanese trademark using the English name for Golden Sun.

Every fanbase thinks Sakurai obviously MUST hate them, their character, or their franchise if they don't get included or get a lack of content. Its a completely ridiculous argument and I hate this notion with a passion. It drives me up the wall how many fanbases try and make this argument.

This game in general is doing everything it can to be a love letter to everything Nintendo. Even characters that don't get AT's, or got cut as AT's, are now showing up as Mii Fighter costumes, for example. Such as Saki, Lip, and Ray.

Sakurai just can't make every character playable. There's too many.

I doubt there are any hidden surprise characters.

For one thing if there were the leakers would probably be talking about it.

Do we know if the insiders knew anything about Piranha Plant and just didn't say anything about it?
Vergeben allegedly knew about Piranha Plant but didn't say anything.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well guys, sorry I haven't been here for a couple days. Busy with IRL things.

Anyways, I like the ideas I'm seeing. There seems to be a little more substance to the plan since I last left. I personally think a website would be beneficial to the cause (it helped a lot with Roy and Ridley). It can also be a gathering place. The best analogy I can make is not to Smash, but to the NHL. The Winnipeg Jets were an immensely popular small market team that had to relocate in the 90's due to a Canadian financial downturn. The fans tried to save the team at the time, but were unable to. The fanbase, however, never went away. Two of the main rallying points for the fans were: 1. the Manitoba Moose, a minor league team brought in to keep hockey relevant, and 2. the website jetsowner.com, where fans hung out, discussed topics, and talked about memories they had of the team. The website especially helped people to rally around the Jets and many prominent voices within the community voiced their support for the return of the team. The owner of the Moose actually met with the website owner and was inspired to continue pursuing the return of the NHL to Winnipeg, which happened in 2011. This proves the power off continued community even after 15 years of continued rebuffs and failures. We NEED that sort of community.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Since Saki got a mii costume, do you think they made one for Isaac too?
I honestly don't think mii costumes removes chances, since the thing that matters our support in the long run.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I honestly don't think mii costumes removes chances, since the thing that matters our support in the long run.
IDK, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think so, because it seems like characters who got added as AT's didn't get Mii fighter costumes. I wouldn't be shocked if Felix or Matthew got costumes, but Isaac doesn't.

Saki and Ray got costumes, their AT's are not back. Spring Man got an AT, but Ribbon Girl got a costume. There's nothing really indicating that Spring Man got a costume.

I do think all costumes that were previously in the game are back, but new AT's (that didn't previously have costumes) don't appear to have costumes this time, and I think they'll likely get added as DLC (or maybe one could wind up fully playable instead of being a costume).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Guys, if anyone is trying to knock on us, I feel like this is the example we should follow.

Respectfully disagree, but also give your reasons in a civil manner. Don't insult them. It does nothing for us.

Be civil, and let our positivity be known!

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, because it seems like characters who got added as AT's didn't get Mii fighter costumes. I wouldn't be shocked if Felix or Matthew got costumes, but Isaac doesn't.

Saki and Ray got costumes, their AT's are not back. Spring Man got an AT, but Ribbon Girl got a costume. There's nothing really indicating that Spring Man got a costume.

I do think all costumes that were previously in the game are back, but new AT's (that didn't previously have costumes) don't appear to have costumes this time, and I think they'll likely get added as DLC (or maybe one could wind up fully playable instead of being a costume).
I see, thanks for the input. I would push hard just the same if there was a mii costume, I just kinda wish that I would pretend playing as him for a bit, like Rex fans are going to do.

D

Deleted member

Have any of the Youtubers we contacted replied yet? If not Billybae10K, Red, and Ryrule are enough?

Let's do what we can.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So guys I just came across some news. According to this, Shuntaro Furukawa has said that he wants more DLC for Nintendo games that are big but already out in order to keep putting content out there because they need continuous growth. Aside from that he also pointed that future success will also depend on on line focus and new genres and diverse games to attract new people.

So, for me, this seems like good news, I think he doesn't have a personal Twitter but if we get him somehow to notice us we may put GS in a great spot, is a different game and could appeal the RPG and JRPG fandoms, also maybe he could command a second wave of DLC content for Smash since he wants to support the games as long as possible when they are already out, since he has more of a marketing standpoint this makes a lot of sense because he sees the potential selling power DLC has

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Yeah I wouldn’t know how to go about making a website. Any chance we can just hijack Golden Sun Realms or Adepts Refuge? lol.
These days there are a good number of free website creators. Not the best or most professional, but you could probably throw something together in a few hours using something like weebly or wix.

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
The main reason to why we shouldn't let the assist trophy deter us is because it's *never* been stated that assist trophies deconfirm a character. I know some people like to point to back when assist trophies were introduced and Sakurai said it's for characters he couldn't think of a full moveset for but not only was that years ago but since then we've seen Little Mac and Isabelle get promoted to playable. Not to mention back in those days, DLC wasn't a thing with Nintendo so obviously Sakurai couldn't take it into account. Now that DLC is a mainstream thing, Sakurai has obviously been putting the concept to good use and I genuinely believe if he wants to make an assist trophy playable, there would be nothing to stop him. I mean hell, Sakurai even admitted that Smash Bros Characters are toys in the "real world" and since we can have multiple toys of the same character, who's to say that can't happen for Assist Trophies?
Really, there's 4 routes Sakurai could go down to make Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, or any Assist Trophy playable.
1. Pull a Chrom and just have them both out at the same time.
2. Remove the assist trophy entirely.
3. Make a different character show up if the character is in the match.
4. Make it so that if a character is on the stage and also is an assist, that character's assist trophy cannot appear.

You see? That's 4 ways he can work around this, that's why we should not let the assist trophy confirmation deter us.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The main reason to why we shouldn't let the assist trophy deter us is because it's *never* been stated that assist trophies deconfirm a character. I know some people like to point to back when assist trophies were introduced and Sakurai said it's for characters he couldn't think of a full moveset for but not only was that years ago but since then we've seen Little Mac and Isabelle get promoted to playable. Not to mention back in those days, DLC wasn't a thing with Nintendo so obviously Sakurai couldn't take it into account. Now that DLC is a mainstream thing, Sakurai has obviously been putting the concept to good use and I genuinely believe if he wants to make an assist trophy playable, there would be nothing to stop him. I mean hell, Sakurai even admitted that Smash Bros Characters are toys in the "real world" and since we can have multiple toys of the same character, who's to say that can't happen for Assist Trophies?
Really, there's 4 routes Sakurai could go down to make Isaac, Waluigi, Shadow, or any Assist Trophy playable.
1. Pull a Chrom and just have them both out at the same time.
2. Remove the assist trophy entirely.
3. Make a different character show up if the character is in the match.
4. Make it so that if a character is on the stage and also is an assist, that character's assist trophy cannot appear.

You see? That's 4 ways he can work around this, that's why we should not let the assist trophy confirmation deter us.
That's what I'm saying too.

But I think the main reason people don't want to hope is because people think it's a waste of time. A dead dream. A lost amount of hope. A hopeless effort. A selfish effort.

But I argue we are none selfish, nor is hoping and pushing for Isaac a waste of time. It's all about pushing for what you love and what you believe in. And I believe that Golden Sun should come back.

No matter what, we should prepare to face the same backlash as the Ridley supporters did back during the aftermath of 4. But with a huge amount of positivity on our side.

Don't give up guys, no matter what. We can fight and vocally ask for Nintendo to fully bring Golden Sun back!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's what I'm saying too.

But I think the main reason people don't want to hope is because people think it's a waste of time. A dead dream. A lost amount of hope. A hopeless effort. A selfish effort.

But I argue we are none selfish, nor is hoping and pushing for Isaac a waste of time. It's all about pushing for what you love and what you believe in. And I believe that Golden Sun should come back.

No matter what, we should prepare to face the same backlash as the Ridley supporters did back during the aftermath of 4. But with a huge amount of positivity on our side.

Don't give up guys, no matter what. We can fight and vocally ask for Nintendo to fully bring Golden Sun back!
S-seriously. Where’s Xeno and what have you done to him?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
S-seriously. Where’s Xeno and what have you done to him?
G-G-G-G-GAME THEORY TIME!

After I watched the direct, I wasn't able to sleep for more than 36 hours. It was probably the worse I have felt in a long time.

During that, I believe my brain had rewired itself to become more positive about Golden Sun in particular. That's when I was able to sleep properly.

But that's just a theory.

A gaaaaaaaame theory!

Top Bottom