• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Dropping in from the Banjo thread to wish you all the best of luck for Isaac! While I've only played a bit of the first Golden Sun, I'd be psyched to see Isaac in Smash for his fans.

Here's to keeping the dream alive for the golden boy and the bear and bird!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Right now my current feelings is that how ACL-PLV have responded to this leak is the kicker. It's the one thing that really stands up for this leak being real. I don't care what their current situation is or whether they have a spokesperson or what have you, not attempting to make some kind of statement defending themselves is just bad business practice. Why are they letting other people control the narrative surrounding them? Other people have said similar things, their silence makes them suspicious....and if people are suspicious they'll end up assuming they're guilty of breaking NDA.

I mean excuse me if I'm ignorant but wasn't the Marina statement posted on Facebook? Facebook doesn't exactly have a high barrier to entry, everyone and their mom can set up an account in a couple of minutes. You don't need to have a "spokesperson" to be motivated to dismiss completely unsubstantiated claims against you and your business.

You're telling me their name has been dragged through the mud and they're not going to say anything for themselves? Even though they know they're innocent because they haven't been working on Smash Bros material? (if this leak is fake the likelihood that they haven't been working with Nintendo goes up by a lot)

On top of that they removed their office tour video from Youtube on a Sunday, having to contact a bank to do so on a day that it's presumably not even open. People have suggested that maybe they just decided the video was out of date and decided to remove it but what are the chances of them deciding to that on that weekend of all weekends......and on a weekend at all for that matter. It would be more sensible to have the video taken down on a weekday, it's not a life or death situation after all to want to remove an out of date video.

ACP-PLV reacted silently to the leak last Sunday, the big question is why?

I'm not saying this to be like "Yes look I've found proof!" but I do think this is the one thing about the leak being real that stands out.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Intel just posted something and his claim goes against everything, Insiders, Grinch Leak, all of it. Thoughts anyone? All I know about Intel is they’ve correctly predicted 2 directs I believe.

Anything else they’ve predicted correctly?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow that leak... it feels insane.

There's one character in there that is closely tied to one of my favorite series ever that if possible is going to drop a nuke on what people's brains can expect.

The rest is pretty standard.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Intel just posted something and his claim goes against everything, Insiders, Grinch Leak, all of it. Thoughts anyone? All I know about Intel is they’ve correctly predicted 2 directs I believe.

Not that I know of. (but then I'm not someone to ask about these things)

That what they're saying doesn't line up with the insiders is very interesting. I know this will just sound like I'm trying to boost the Grinch leak, but it does make it seem like false information or "leakbait" is being spread around if none of the insiders can agree on anything.

(I feel kinda nervous to look at this leak though......)

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hmmm, the post did specifically state that these are characters not coming on release.

If the Grinch leak is real, maybe the other 6 grinch characters will be base and Banjo will be announced as DLC at the end, to maybe tie in with an N64 mini announcement?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Not that I know of. (but then I'm not someone to ask about these things)

That what they're saying doesn't line up with the insiders is very interesting. I know this will just sound like I'm trying to boost the Grinch leak, but it does make it seem like false information or "leakbait" is being spread around if none of the insiders can agree on anything.

(I feel kinda nervous to look at this leak though......)
It’s just disconfirming characters. It deconfirms a character that all insiders are claiming and one on the Grinch Leak. That’s the gist of it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Well, it doesn't necessarily go against Grinch as it could be a Mewtwo situation. But yeah interesting none the less.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It’s just disconfirming characters. It deconfirms a character that all insiders are claiming and one on the Grinch Leak. That’s the gist of it.
Is it a complete leak of the upcoming direct?

Edit: Ok I just looked at it.

Hmm that's not too bad. Banjo & Kazooie is actually one I was thinking could end up being the first DLC character if they weren't in base. Due to Microsoft and Nintendo partnering late.

Also can I just say this whole situation didn't need to get even more complicated. It really didn't. :p

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Deconfirming from the base roster ONLY if it's real for said characters.

Really nothing to see there.

The listed possible newcomers on the base roster though... if any of those are based on sources... oh man.

The Smash World could be a very different place in 5 hours and 45 minutes...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Maybe this is just me but I find it hard to imagine that Banjo & Kazooie would be on the N64 mini, which would be announced after the direct and then not have some kind of news relating to Banjo & Kazooie in the Smash direct. Even that he's a dlc character or a day one update.

If true I could see Banjo & Kazooie being another Sonic type situation, except thanks to DLC being a thing the game didn't need to be delayed.

Also, I think being announced as a free day one update is the only way I could see the Grinch leak being real, since they'd probably still add their artwork to the mural.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just wanted to wish you guys good luck for today, I know your heads are probably spinning because of the Grinch leak, the Wendy's item and Vergeben's statement, you are really being pulled at from all sides. I'm sure you still remain hopeful though, as the Isaac fanbase always does, so hopefully you get your just reward.

Salocin

Smash Rookie
The sunrise is extremely bright here, hopefully that’s a good omen!

I keep fluctuating between being really optimistic about Isaac to being extremely pessimistic! These next hours are going to be long.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I think that article from Gaming Intel mostly further confirms that all these people with insider connections have contradictory information. I really feel like something very weird is happening behind the scenes and I don't trust any of them. The Grinch leak is the only rumor that has enough tangible evidence at least for me to believe so at this point it's just a waiting game until the direct

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not buying any of this info.

Directs do not say who is NOT present. They’d be playable, an AT, a stage element, or not mentioned at all.

This is not Direct info. This is another “insider” who, like all the others, refuses to say who IS in the game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just woke up... now close to 5 hours until the Direct. I've seen a lot already prepare themselves about... Gaming Intel?

First of all, thanks from everyone who came to wish us good luck. All the way back to you who's characters are involved in the leak, or even not.

It's been under a decade becoming a fan of this timeless RPG classic on GBA, making some friends through it in here and Tumblr, and campaigning for Isaac's inclusion in Smash with you all to really bring it fully down. Not to mention I've already lost a lot other beloved characters in same cult classic vein as Isaac, so I dearly hope he finally breaks through the dreaded fate that has befallen many series not in Nintendo's mainstream radar at the moment.

We're in an incredible position right now, with ton of things rallying for Isaac's playable representation than ever before. IMO, this is his best chance yet. Of course DLC-campaigning could be possible, but right now, I think running for it won't compare too much on what the outcome with this one will be. Some musings.

So. Are you ready?

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well folks, with 5 hours to go we must start wrapping up the journey (at least until DLC or otherwise)

I have been supporting Isaac since the Brawl days...yikes has it really be 10 years? For me, he has been an icon of Nintendo JRPG and he has been robbed of his time so often.

While we got nothing in Wii U, Xenoblade kept the Nintendo JRPG torch burning in his absence. And for that we are grateful. As he made the JRPGs we love still relevant.

Now as the base roster wraps up, our journey still has many roads ahead. The DLC, the Smash 6 base and the Smash 6 DLC. Our battle is not yet over.

If his fate is dire today, our battle must keep going. The Ballot took out a lot of obstacles that halted our boy's way.

The King, the Space Pirate and the Vampire Killer are all now off the priority list. We are near the top. With only a Bear, a Puffy Minion and a Puppet as our rivals.

His chances no matter the outcome today are strong than Wii U. Because now the Ballot is a success, Sakurai will do it again. And we will win.

Fret not for what draws near. Let us respect the decision and protest the bad respectfully and praise the good in highest might.

Golden Boy, I'm with you to the end of the line.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Just woke up... now close to 5 hours until the Direct. I've seen a lot already prepare themselves about... Gaming Intel?

First of all, thanks from everyone who came to wish us good luck. All the way back to you who's characters are involved in the leak, or even not.

It's been under a decade becoming a fan of this timeless RPG classic on GBA, making some friends through it in here and Tumblr, and campaigning for Isaac's inclusion in Smash with you all to really bring it fully down. Not to mention I've already lost a lot other beloved characters in same cult classic vein as Isaac, so I dearly hope he finally breaks through the dreaded fate that has befallen many series not in Nintendo's mainstream radar at the moment.

We're in an incredible position right now, with ton of things rallying for Isaac's playable representation than ever before. IMO, this is his best chance yet. Of course DLC-campaigning could be possible, but right now, I think running for it won't compare too much on what the outcome with this one will be. Some musings.

So. Are you ready?

No I’m nervous as hell

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Im still really hoping Matt gets the Alph treatment, his desgin is too god to waste.

Also, y’all wanna make bets on what Isaacs splash screen will be, winner gets a sense of satisfaction

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Im still really hoping Matt gets the Alph treatment, his desgin is too god to waste.

Also, y’all wanna make bets on what Isaacs splash screen will be, winner gets a sense of satisfaction
I wonder if it's anywhere "Isaac makes his Move!" or "Isaac Shakes Things Up!".

Something to note: Japanese are always defaulted to "Joins the Battle!" IIRC for the characters' tagline, so the earth-related ones are good game.
:p

Last edited:

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
This is it! The final battle! Optimism people! Even if we don't win this, we'll give sakurai hell in the next ballot! Don't give up and never lose hope! I'll see you all in a few hours.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that makes the most sense, but lets play devils advocate, and assume Verge is right. But we can also assume Golden sun had enough fan support to get a rep into the game. Sakurai also may have seen all the complaints about sword users, and may not want to add another one, so he looks into the series and sees who doesn't use a sword but is popular. Jenna seems to be the most popular non sword user, heck she had her own battle theme in the games, and was playable before felix in the sequel. Add to the fact that we don't have a pure mage battle type in the game, and Sakurai may have went thought route, but made Isaac an AT due to him being the main character.

Again, just theory crafting and would make sense if Verge is right but we are still getting an Rep from the series. I personally would love either, but playing as a pure mage sounds more fun(even robin while they may have mage specials still fights with a sword, would be interesting for a pure magic character). But whatever the case we will find out tommorow

More credence to my theory I feel. Sakurai didn't want another sword user as people complain about having too many, so he puts the secondary lead from both Original games Jenna in instead, but keeps Isaac as an AT for the classic
So if Sakurai actually cared about that he wouldn't have added Chrom, or given Ganon sword moves. Because the roster has been finalized even before the August Direct. I honestly don't think he cares to much about the sword haters.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I wonder if it's anywhere "Isaac makes his Move!" or "Isaac Shakes Things Up!".

Something to note: Japanese are always defaulted to "Joins the Battle!" IIRC for the characters' tagline, so the earth-related ones are good game.
:p
I saw someone do “Isaac lets out a howl!” on Twitter and I fell in love with it.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm happy that the spirit I here has changed we go down with hope or nothing at all that what it means to be an isaac fan :bluejump::chuckle:

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
Isaac has a better chance if this is true... but I'm not getting my Hopes up, for hyped sake.

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Best of luck for our golden boy today! The world of Smash will be a very different place in four hours, I'm sure!

Top Bottom