• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I know you’re a big F Zero fan, but dammit I will drag you to fight this with us if I have to. You keep saying “you guys”. As far as I’m concerned, you’re one of us, Xeno.
Geez, you guys are so stubborn.

I'm the f-zero fanboy. I'd feel bad to be sad while you guys are happy.

IMG_3579.JPG

I'm wondering something...

If Isaac get in as a playable character in Ultimate, I know this thread is gonna explode with joy.

However... Do you think people will support Felix/Matthew to be an echo of Isaac?
Honestly, if Isaac's inclusion have a big enough impact, it would'nt surprise me that Sakurai could throw Felix/Matthew as DLC to help even more Golden Sun.
I would absolutely love Felix. I started with TLA so that probably makes me a little biased towards him. Would be so curious to see what a render of him would look like too.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I’m confident in Isaac.

Don’t be harsh on yourselves. You’ve done well up to this point. Coming from a Banjo fan, someone who literally cannot even imagine a faithful readaption of the character they want the most anymore, I have the greatest feeling for Isaac and Geno tomorrow.

Tomorrow may not be my day, and that is okay. I have had plenty of those. However, you all should celebrate. Theorize what you want to see in Golden Sun representation rather than unnerve yourselves because another text leaker said another haphazard line with vague sourcing *again*.

I think good things are coming for the Golden Boy tomorrow. I want to join you all on the hype train!
Seriously, look at it this way guys. Us Banjobros seemingly lost our chance years ago when Rare was bought out by Microsoft in 2003, who proceeded to make a grand total of one, ONE, mediocre game in 2008 and then nothing else of note since then. The idea that we would get any new game matching the originality and wonder of the original platforming masterpieces, let alone a position in Smash, were all idealistic dreamings with no basis in reality. Banjo & Kazooie's 20th anniversary came and went this year without so much as a few plug-ins for Sea of Thieves and a couple bits of merchandising here and there. Tomorrow can go either way for us. Confirmation or not, I'm hoping at least you guys get what you want. At least you guys have a more likely chance, not facing the hurtles our bear and bird have to face. Have faith. You guys have a LOT going for your case for Issac.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
4 years of DLC is not realistic. At that point it's 6 years of Switch. At most we'll get 2 and a half.
Nintendo plans to have a handheld like lifespan for the switch console. Going by Nintendos officials comments, they have plan for up to 10 years of switch. The only way that would falter is if in 2020 (which I predict will be a rough year on account of all great exclusive stuff hitting in 2017 and 19 respectfully) sales fall of a cliff Wii style. But if that occurs they’ll just launch a mid gen refresh console like the PS4 Pro. And that would be more than enough to steer course. Smash will become a games as a service title. The soonest I could realistically see support ending is 2021. But more realistically for me, 2022 or further. Even if Sakurai steps away, perhaps to work on a new kid Icarus. Nintendo will ride the dlc wave into the sun without him. That’s probably the very reason echoes were invented. To impliment characters for free in post launch. To support the game while also drumming up hype for full newcomers that will be paid.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If I may add a few more things to what Isaac has going for him:
-Rathalos Pic (& a ton of parallels to it)
-Ballot Performance
-Trademark renewal twice
-Composer Theory: Motoi still MIA
-September Direct Delay Theory
-Corocoro 108 Stages Leak
-Grinch Leak
-Growth Item Leak

They're probably even more that I've missed. Even if the Grinch Leak was fake, you can't deny that there's still a ton of stuff going for Isaac. Compare that to the nothingness we had during the past Smash games and it's quite impressive how much we have now.

At the end of it all, everything that's going on is going to make Isaac's reveal absolutely amazing! And I'm super excited to see everyone's reactions to his inclusion. Makes me want to tear up for joy. But not yet. Not until I see our Golden Boy finally appear!

XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX There is a reason why I still love the My Hero Parody idea that Isaac is Deku and Capt. Falcon is All Might. Transferring his power to him to be the next hero! And if Isaac is fighter #69 as I have speculated to myself for quite a while, Isaac is going to be a hero to so many people in and outside of the Isaac fandom.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Sorry, bud, but you don’t get to join this merry group of Adepts for months and then say you’re not one of us after partaking in discussion after discussion. You can deny it all you want. But you’re one of us.
One of us.... One of us.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Hey Isaacs! Popping in from Skull Kid thread to wish you best of luck tomorrow! I’ve never played Golden Sun before, but after seeing the incredible passion ya’ll have shown for so many years in the Smash community, I’m thinking I may have to change that. Thanks for being such a great part of the community, and not letting this awesome character be forgotten. #teamreal!

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I am a die hard Rhythm Heaven fan. And for years I thought of Golden Sun as the biggest enemy for Rhythm Heaven representation. And now we are kinda on the same boat. Will Grinch be real? So I want to shake hands for one time and really hope for Isaac... so Chorus Kids are in too. You get Isaac, we get Chorus Kids. Is that an idea?

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
This has been the wildest ride, while I'm most active in the discord Ryukas made back in August I think of everyone here as an awesome person. Here's to Isaac in ultimate, as I am most confident that he's in!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Only thing that's giving me any kind of hope right now is the idea that these insiders are suddenly being fed information about assist trophies and not just that but assist trophies that are part of the Grinch leak specifically. It seems a bit fishy that they'd be getting information on assist trophies at all.

It's a small hope but I guess it's something.

There's also the fact that I'm expecting 5 stages to be revealed tomorrow and I'd kinda expect them to be a big(ish) deal considering it's the Final Smash direct.

Last edited:

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I dunno who the leader in this thread is, as I'm fairly new to it.
But how about, regardless of the outcome of our boy, we share a list of FCs?
So when the game comes out we can duke it out together, make online tourneys or just chill matches?.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
So when the game comes out we can duke it out together, make online tourneys or just chill matches?.
I don’t think we have a “leader” persay. N3ON N3ON made the thread, True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior handles the support list. But we don’t have a de facto leader.

That being said, yeah I don’t mind sharing FCs especially when smash comes around.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX There is a reason why I still love the My Hero Parody idea that Isaac is Deku and Capt. Falcon is All Might. Transferring his power to him to be the next hero! And if Isaac is fighter #69 as I have speculated to myself for quite a while, Isaac is going to be a hero to so many people in and outside of the Isaac fandom.
It's making me cry tbh. It's so sad....it's so sad...it's hitting me now hard...
Sorry, bud, but you don’t get to join this merry group of Adepts for months and then say you’re not one of us after partaking in discussion after discussion. You can deny it all you want. But you’re one of us.
I never said I wasn't one of you guys...

I just said I'd feel bad for coming along while I'm in the dumps.

Last edited:

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
Isaac is easily my most wanted Character in Smash Bros so seeing Vergeben's post about him being an Assist Trophy has needless to say caused me to sink into a state of depression. For ages now I've supported VergeBen and have given him a lot of credit so for him to come out now and say this really has thrown me for a loop and is actually making me question his true credibility.
I'm gonna be honest; I do believe he is truthful about a lot of the things he's said, at E3 he literally spilled the name of the game, the fact everyone from Smash Bros 4 is back, Ice Climbers, Snake, Ridley, and even said Simon whom was later confirmed.
But this? This really does make me question him, even without the leaks there is just so much pointing to Isaac's inclusion; The Rathalos Image, the Growth Sprout, not to mention the lack of an assist trophy.
And while I'm on the subject of assist trophies, There is something I want to bring up; Did anyone else notice that when assist trophies were first being shown off they immediately deconfirmed a lot of heavy hitters? We got Midna, Lyn, Waluigi, Bomberman, and many more. Wouldn't Isaac have been perfect for that spot? And then we got the August Direct, again, no Isaac, if they really were going to bring him back in that fashion, wouldn't they have done it already?
And honestly, what really rubbed me the wrong way was Vergeben's "Mic Drop" image, I don't care what bad news you are reporting on, that was a massive kick to the teeth to Isaac fans, I know vergeben has been the victim of harassment and I do not condone that but that was un-called for as not all Isaac fans are like that.
We can only hope my fellow Isaac supporters, hopefully tomorrow the sun will rise and we will get our Golden Boy!

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
sounds fun! but i'm not pro in the slightest. and I like using items. >.> <.< *runs*

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Only thing that's giving me any kind of hope right now is the idea that these insiders are suddenly being fed information about assist trophies and not just that but assist trophies that are part of the Grinch leak specifically. It seems a bit fishy that they'd be getting information on assist trophies at all.

It's a small hope but I guess it's something.

There's also the fact that I'm expecting 5 stages to be revealed tomorrow and I'd kinda expect them to be a big(ish) deal considering it's the Final Smash direct.
No one can come to an agreement, meaning something is off. That said, I'd take all this conflict not as a way to pick and choose who you believe, but a way of resetting expectations. Anything could happen in this direct, and we should be prepared for any possibility.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
This thread is in melt down mode.

Regardless, Isaac will be in Smash one way or another. An AT sucks, but it's still something
I’m not normally negative but I will say that an AT might as well be nothing. In fact it’s worse than nothing. If he isn’t shown as an AT then his likelihood for DLC increases. But if it is that’s pretty much it. We can try, but I’m of the belief that they won’t turn AT into playables in the same game. Future games, sure. Same game, probs not.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I don’t think we have a “leader” persay. N3ON N3ON made the thread, True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior handles the support list. But we don’t have a de facto leader.

That being said, yeah I don’t mind sharing FCs especially when smash comes around.
sounds fun! but i'm not pro in the slightest. and I like using items. >.> <.< *runs*
I am competitive but can enjoy the madness items bring.
So yeah we could play whatever modes items on/off.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
No one can come to an agreement, meaning something is off. That said, I'd take all this conflict not as a way to pick and choose who you believe, but a way of resetting expectations. Anything could happen in this direct, and we should be prepared for any possibility.
The only possibility I'm not prepared for is Isaac being an assist trophy.

And I don't think I'm going to be prepared.

I know some think an assist is better than nothing but the way I see it, it's the difference between a reality in which Isaac still has a chance of being playable versus a reality where he has no chance of being playable. An assist is basically Sakurai saying he's not in and he was never going to be in.

Last edited:

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
as a banjobros i hope vergeben is wrong about isaac being AT because he's denying all the characters being leakeds except ken and incineroar, we are with you

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I’m not normally negative but I will say that an AT might as well be nothing. In fact it’s worse than nothing. If he isn’t shown as an AT then his likelihood for DLC increases. But if it is that’s pretty much it. We can try, but I’m of the belief that they won’t turn AT into playables in the same game. Future games, sure. Same game, probs not.
Except not being an AT doesn't help his chances for being DLC. All Isaac has is popularity and if that popularity wasn't even worth brining back an AT why would it mean something for DLC?

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Except not being an AT doesn't help his chances for being DLC. All Isaac has is popularity and if that popularity wasn't even worth brining back an AT why would it mean something for DLC?
shush xehanort. we're already feeling crummy you're not helping

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Not only that but that would also mean Sakurai ignored the demand we clearly showed back with the Ballot. I still have high hopes for Isaac, no matter what anyone and their uncle says.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
shush xehanort. we're already feeling crummy you're not helping
Sorry mate not trying bring people down but I hate seeing people act like the AT is the worst possible fate. Everyone else may have forgotten the pain of Smash 4 but I haven't. Besides we are still looking great for base.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Put it this way. Not knowing Isaacs status means there's still hope. Being an assist trophy means there's no hope.

I choose hope.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Put it this way. Not knowing Isaacs status means there's still hope. Being an assist trophy means there's no hope.

I choose hope.
I see far less hope of having Isaac magically be DLC when his popularity meant nothing than having an AT back and hoping for the chance ATs get upgraded through DLC.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
If his AT was brought back because of fan demand, why would they wait so long to show it?
and it would be mean. "oh and we have one more thing!" "gasp" "isaac and shadow are joining the battle....as assist trophies! isn't that great everyone?" "....." "-_-" "sakurai what the hell?" yeah that wouldn't go down well. at all. it's needlessly cruel

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Because if he’s an AT then that’s a done deal. We’re finsihed. No AT means we still have a shot at a playable Isaac.

It may not necessarily “help” his chances. But in one scenario the door is shut and locked with the key tossed into a well. In the other it’s slightly ajar with something blocking it on the other side.

Sorry, but I WILL NOT settle for an Isaac Assist Trophy. It will not make he happy, in fact it’ll hurt like hell, because that means Sakurai strung us along for several months without deconfirming him.

Yes, I’m prepared for the worst. That doesn’t mean I’ll settle for the worst.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I see far less hope of having Isaac magically be DLC when his popularity meant nothing than having an AT back and the chance ATs get upgraded through DLC.
I don't have much hope for assist trophies getting promoted. There's no precedent for it.

I'm not saying it can't happen but I'm not going to hold my breath either.

Also not every popular character can get a slot on the base roster. It doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai doesn't understand their popularity.

Top Bottom